Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Village design goals. This player has an awesome village! The video posted here is his most recent but he has previous videos that give you some great tips on designing your island.

https://youtu.be/dajr1fX82o0
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited April 2020
    I finally finished the main goal. Now, what do I do?

My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf, and I think the very reason I got bored and stopped playing is I was tired of being in debt with Tom Nook and having to grind for bells. All I was doing was going to the island to collect bugs and fish to sell for public works projects or to upgrade my house, and it got old really fast. I think the same will happen with New Horizons.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I guess it could get boring quickly if you just focus on collecting. I've only updated my house once and I'm not particularly concerned about paying off Tom Nook.

Have you unlocked the island design tool? Right now I have a full island of 10 residents and I'm relocating all their homes to create my perfect island. I'm enclosing each house with fencing then landscaping and placing outdoor items that reflect each animal's personality. I check the store every day for new items.

I'm also relocating and landscaping all the businesses. It cost 50,000 bells to relocate so it will take me a while to get that done.

I also make sure to check in with my residents every day and give them a gift. Usually fruit.

Then I'll start adding other attractions. A marketplace, outdoors gym. So many ideas.
  • Options
    I guess it could get boring quickly if you just focus on collecting. I've only updated my house once and I'm not particularly concerned about paying off Tom Nook.

Have you unlocked the island design tool? Right now I have a full island of 10 residents and I'm relocating all their homes to create my perfect island. I'm enclosing each house with fencing then landscaping and placing outdoor items that reflect each animal's personality. I check the store every day for new items.

I'm also relocating and landscaping all the businesses. It cost 50,000 bells to relocate so it will take me a while to get that done.

I also make sure to check in with my residents every day and give them a gift. Usually fruit.

Then I'll start adding other attractions. A marketplace, outdoors gym. So many ideas.
    With New Leaf, it's not really I chose to focus on collecting so much as besides hanging out, there wasn't much else to do. I'd already completed the museum and I had way too many items.

Yes, I have the island design tool in New Horizons. I don't have a "perfect island" in mind. There are some things I want to change, but I'm not looking to transform the entire island. I was actually thinking of restarting, though I can't say I know why that thought came to my head.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love the museum and fishing, I just find it relaxing and could do it for ages. I make fish bait and do it in the same spot haha. I do enjoy paying off the debts,i find it satisfying BUT I don't rush it. I just do a bit each time.
    If you get a meteor shower it's fun to wish on shooting stars,if you are ever online at 11pm don't forget to meet up with Wisp, the island ghost haha. I think the museum is my favourite though, I spenda lot of time just looking around it.

My campsite just opened up today!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I finally got Animal Crossing on Wednesday! This thread no longer makes me feel sad I don't have it.

Yay! Do you have the online thing? I only got the game on Thursday myself :) Already addicted haha!

I sorta do. Since my entire family shares a Switch though, I have access to my Dad's account, and he does have Nintendo Online, so when I want to play online I use his account. It helps that he has no interest in Animal Crossing, haha. I usually play on mine though, as I have way more stuff.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I love the museum and fishing, I just find it relaxing and could do it for ages. I make fish bait and do it in the same spot haha. I do enjoy paying off the debts,i find it satisfying BUT I don't rush it. I just do a bit each time.
    If you get a meteor shower it's fun to wish on shooting stars,if you are ever online at 11pm don't forget to meet up with Wisp, the island ghost haha. I think the museum is my favourite though, I spenda lot of time just looking around it.

My campsite just opened up today!

So did mine! I may or may not have time-traveled so that I could get it a little bit earlier, but we can ignore that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    KayeStar wrote: »

With New Leaf, it's not really I chose to focus on collecting so much as besides hanging out, there wasn't much else to do. I'd already completed the museum and I had way too many items.

Yes, I have the island design tool in New Horizons. I don't have a "perfect island" in mind. There are some things I want to change, but I'm not looking to transform the entire island. I was actually thinking of restarting, though I can't say I know why that thought came to my head.

I really want to restart, but my brothers play Animal Crossing on the same switch as I do and would get extremely mad at me if I did...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I confess I'm not a fan of most of the villagers I have in New Horizons, but I wasn't hoping for any particular villagers anyway.

Is it easier to restart, or terraform and save up for each relocation?
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I confess I'm not a fan of most of the villagers I have in New Horizons, but I wasn't hoping for any particular villagers anyway.

Is it easier to restart, or terraform and save up for each relocation?

Hard to say, I guess it depends how far into the game you are. So far I only invited villagers I like but there's a list of ones I'd prefer. You could start by making the ones you don't like move out (best done by ignoring them completely for a few days)

I don't time travel in mine so restarting would be a pain haha. If you restart you'd miss the easter event (which I missed anyways cuz I got the game too late but not sure if you did or not haha)

• Options
    Hard to say, I guess it depends how far into the game you are. So far I only invited villagers I like but there's a list of ones I'd prefer. You could start by making the ones you don't like move out (best done by ignoring them completely for a few days)

I don't time travel in mine so restarting would be a pain haha. If you restart you'd miss the easter event (which I missed anyways cuz I got the game too late but not sure if you did or not haha)
    I actually hated the Easter event. I don't celebrate Easter to begin with, but the event itself was annoying because the eggs popped up way too frequently, even after they patched the game to alter that until Easter Sunday. Not to mention it collided with the cherry blossom event. I got only one recipe for that. I never time travelled until that event because I was that fed up of it.

After the credits rolled, I didn't do anything, so I'm not that far besides having finished the "main goal". My best friend told me she had to move five houses to transform the area she wanted. No! That's patience I do not have! Granted, I'm not a designer anyway.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

mine usually give me clothes. which is annoying cause since i can't sell them to mabel i end up having to sell them at nooks cranny. not sure i'll ever be abe to upgrade the shop . i decied not to skip days for a while. at least til the 4th to get past the event. i love it one nook mile said plant trees . theni finished that and the next said chop trees. game can't make up its mind.
  • Options
    May Day event starts tomorrow! SPOILERS!!

https://youtu.be/6GyxhCFQEwE
  • Options
    May Day event starts tomorrow! SPOILERS!!

https://youtu.be/6GyxhCFQEwE

I'm so excited!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

mine usually give me clothes. which is annoying cause since i can't sell them to mabel i end up having to sell them at nooks cranny. not sure i'll ever be abe to upgrade the shop . i decied not to skip days for a while. at least til the 4th to get past the event. i love it one nook mile said plant trees . theni finished that and the next said chop trees. game can't make up its mind.

Clothes are what I like collecting most in the game (beside new museum stuff) so I'd be thrilled haha! I tend to change my outfit for each new day (sometimes a few times in a day haha)
  • Options
    Haha, I'm the same with the clothes. 😄 My first stop in the morning Mabel's shop to see what's new.
  • Options
    Haha, I'm the same with the clothes. 😄 My first stop in the morning Mabel's shop to see what's new.

I had her show up once now, I hope she shows up again soon haha! Iwant the shop so I can go there daily lol!

Also didn't watch the video yet but I'm excited for May Day. I don't know what to expect but I'll watch the video soon :D
  • Options
    i'm waiting for redd to come around again. the reason i stopped skipping days was i missed him the first time. i did find 2 new fossils today. but without a painting i can't upgrade.
  • Options
    I have Leif today... sold my turnips at someone else's island who had a price much higher than mine and was able to finish paying my first set of stairs and house upgrade (just the one I was on... still have several more upgrades to go haha)
  • Options

i had to do a goth outfit and i actually kept it. maybe now the villagers will stop commenting that i wear the same parka everyday.
  • Options

Clothes are what I like collecting most in the game (beside new museum stuff) so I'd be thrilled haha! I tend to change my outfit for each new day (sometimes a few times in a day haha)

all the villagers have a dreser but me so thats why i don't like clothes much.
  • Options

The first item I found in the game was a safe which works as a dresser/closet (which work the same as each other haha) so I didn't think about not having one yet. Honestly that'd be really annoying haha! I also have the magic wand from Celeste that you can craft with shooting star pieces now which is great as I can change between 9 preselected outfits anywhere I am without a dresser lol

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Okay you all, serious question but HOW do I get more villagers.

The first 2 came with my island...

The first 3 islands I travelled to had villagers on them I invited and after setting up houses for them with the kit's Tom Nook gave me they moved in.

But now I'm at a loss. I can't find any more and Tom won't give me anymore kits. I have the campsite now and a villager moved in but I dont want him so I haven't invited him and even if I did I don't think I could as I have no more lot kits to set up from Tom Nook??? There's no new villagers on islands anymore so I can't invite any... Tom Nook never asks meif I want to sell land? That option hasn't been unlocked for me yet, I know I need that option, but I have no idea how to get the option. Or can I not sell land while building a stairway? I have 5 villagers total and I think we can get 10 but I have no idea how to increase my number. Am I missing something?
  • Options

The first item I found in the game was a safe which works as a dresser/closet (which work the same as each other haha) so I didn't think about not having one yet. Honestly that'd be really annoying haha! I also have the magic wand from Celeste that you can craft with shooting star pieces now which is great as I can change between 9 preselected outfits anywhere I am without a dresser lol

onevillager has a loft bed. so jealous always wanted one. i ronically i forget about having no dresser when i see it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top