March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like I am cheating on you guys

MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
So since it was taking too long for me to get my new computer, and I was craving the Sims so badly, I had attempted to start a new save up on TS3, but as I suspected, my laptop just wasn't having it. I saw that TS4 was on sale for a really cheap price so I figured I would give that a try so to satisfy my urge just a bit. Well, I can say that it did the trick....sorta. It has given me the feeling of at least playing, but it makes me miss TS3 even more! I did install a lot of mods to try and make the game a bit better, but it got a little glitchy. I do admit, I have been playing it for the past 3 nights. It just isn't the same!

But the toddlers in it beat all.

o30OW8t.png

So yeah, I feel like I am cheating on you guys and TS3, but luckily this is just to hold me over until the real thing.
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I wouldn't touch TS4 with a barge pole but, as I have always said, "simming is simming" and if this gives you the fix you need until you can return to TS3, then I say go for it! :)
    As for the look of that toddler, it doesn't do anything for me :D
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @Mikezumi Hahaha Yeah I used to say that I wouldn't touch it either. I am ashamed. LMAO As for the toddlers, I hate the cartoony look but they way they are in action? I wish they were like that in TS3. I could just watch them for hours. Maybe I will record it and upload to show you what I'm talking about. LOL

• KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2020
    I tried TS4 and didn't like it. I can't get past the Pixar look and it just ruins it for me. I've seen the toddlers in action already, it's not enough to make the game worth playing.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I am not trying to get you guys to play it by any means. Just putting that out there. I am not a fan of it either, but right now, it is better than nothing.

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have seen the toddlers in action already and, probably because I am more interested in the older life stages, it's not a selling point for me.
    I am glad you are enjoying them, though, and happy simming! :)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    I've said the same thing about not wanting to touch TS4 until Origin was giving away the standard base game last Spring, so I've downloaded to give it a try. I don't play it that often because I'm either playing TS3 or World of Warcraft. If I get bored playing my other games, then I'll play TS4 if I'm in the mood to play it.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited January 2020
    Look at it this way; 🤣 you could be stuck using this:
    EE6A79B0-9445-48B9-923D-557DCF137DA2.jpeg
    This is my version of Sims until I get my computer fixed. Dam CPU fan. ~sigh~ It’s got the Sims 3 music but it does’’t compensate for the annoying play functions. And TS4 style menu system. Makes me wish there was a way of getting Sims 3 on mobile. I missed that opportunity.

That and SimCity Buildit both on iPhone
    6B737530-3DA5-49CF-868E-553783F3FA54.jpeg
    Or as I refer to this particular Apple Product: iStrain
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I try now and again to play it (December). I don't get past the lot... Poof~ my dislike for it bubbles up. :lol:

3cuKWfJ.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've played sims 4 for years because the last time i played 3 my pc couldn't handle it. I went back to 3 a week ago and i'm having so much fun! The game runs smooth even with 6 ep's and 2 stuff packs. I went with my couple of elders to france and i was like i won't stay there for 3 days (i couldn't stay one whole day in Outdoor Retreat). But the 3 days ended so fast! I couldn't finish one adventure, but i bought new recipes at the bookstore, bought the nectar machine, a couple of expensive nectar, went for long walks, put the hotel kitchen on fire... haha
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Been there, done that! I understand missing the game and longing to play it. I bought TS4, a stuff pack and a game pack on sale in 2016 when I was unexpectedly out of state for the better part of a year; away from my desktop PC—and my TS2/TS3 installations—with only my potato laptop. And this was after doing the initial trial at launch and saying I’d never buy it either! :lol: Well, oops. :blush: This is why I should never say never! :tongue:

Even modded and CC’d, TS4 was okay but didn't hold my interest. It was obviously just a substitute for what I really wanted. But it was indeed better than no simming at all. And once I returned home, I was back to TS3. For me, TS4 served its purpose at the time, and if nothing else it made me appreciate TS3 even more. No shame, no regrets.

So do what you need to, and enjoy what you can! :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    ...But the toddlers in it beat all.

o30OW8t.png

So yeah, I feel like I am cheating on you guys and TS3.
    The telltale signs were there and the neighbors were all gossiping. This is a tight-knit community and you can't cheat like that without everyone knowing all about it. :p

Yes, that toddler is very cute. The problem I have is that I know he's going to grow up into a cartoon character. Like so many others here, my TS3 sims grow up into someone I have fooled myself into thinking I can relate to. Or something like that. I mean it's all pixels and 1s and 0s at the end of the day but still...it doesn't matter how much great (or not so great) content they slap onto that version of the game, I just can't seem to get past the starting gate with it. But I am sure I would still enjoy it to some extent if TS3 were suddenly no longer an option for whatever reason.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I bought it last year when it was $6.99, and a couple packs at 50% off. I'm still playing Sims 3.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So since it was taking too long for me to get my new computer, and I was craving the Sims so badly, I had attempted to start a new save up on TS3, but as I suspected, my laptop just wasn't having it. I saw that TS4 was on sale for a really cheap price so I figured I would give that a try so to satisfy my urge just a bit. Well, I can say that it did the trick....sorta. It has given me the feeling of at least playing, but it makes me miss TS3 even more! I did install a lot of mods to try and make the game a bit better, but it got a little glitchy. I do admit, I have been playing it for the past 3 nights. It just isn't the same!

But the toddlers in it beat all.

o30OW8t.png

So yeah, I feel like I am cheating on you guys and TS3, but luckily this is just to hold me over until the real thing.

there's nothing wrong with playing more then one sims game and I don't think anyone here has a problem with that
    if they do you shouldn't let them trouble you
    I've played sims 2 sims 3 and 4 as well as the sims 3 pets on ps3 and sims urbz on gba and sims castaway on psp and ds and sim city on ps1
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    TS4 toddlers look wise do look better than TS3 toddlers (they look cuter) I will admit. However in TS3 we have HEAPS more gameplay for toddlers than TS4. So toddlers for me are so much fun to play in TS3.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited January 2020
    @comicsforlife - nice to see you 😈 grin. You know TS4 may just coax me into buying for CAS and making avatars.

Oh...and can’t forget torturing sims. Fun with meteors (wish there were some in TS4 guess I’ll just have settle for drowning them in the pool.

Screenshot-85.jpg

Screenshot-84.jpg

And of course the ever-present joy of lighting them

Screenshot-68.jpg

...ON FIRE 🔥

Wife: “oh Nikkei...did you forget to take your meds again?!”

https://youtu.be/hfrWchX5rAU

I’ll wait till it goes on sale for $4.99.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am not trying to get you guys to play it by any means. Just putting that out there. I am not a fan of it either, but right now, it is better than nothing.

I didn't take it that way, no worries. I was just stating what kept me from playing that particular version. It doesn't bother me that other people play and enjoy it.

Edit: It reminds me of this game.

Dc3-Zu-PJWk-AEdg7-Z.jpg
    @comicsforlife - nice to see you 😈 grin. You know TS4 may just coax me into buying for CAS and making avatars.

Oh...and can’t forget torturing sims. Fun with meteors (wish there were some in TS4 guess I’ll just have settle for drowning them in the pool.

Screenshot-85.jpg

Screenshot-84.jpg

And of course the ever-present joy of lighting them

Screenshot-68.jpg

...ON FIRE 🔥

Wife: “oh Nikkei...did you forget to take your meds again?!”

https://youtu.be/hfrWchX5rAU

I’ll wait till it goes on sale for $4.99.

good to see you to @Nikkei_Simmer
    I also want metros back in sims 4
    I like your avatar

and I'm hoping that the sims games keep going for at least 40 more years
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I didn't 'buy' it when it was free, certainly not gonna pay real money for it. :lol:

Glad you are getting your fix, whatever makes you happy. I took out a couple of EP's to make Sims 3 playable til I can get a new puter. But, whatever works for you. :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    This is making me want to try Sims3. But my laptop handles Sims4 just fine. You'd think an older game would be fine, but from what people are saying, I'm not so sure.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    If TS4 makes you happy, go for it. On the other hand, I haven't played with toddlers in TS3 for a while.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I kinda wish we could have Sim 2 game play and they would expand it more , Sims 3 open world and color wheel, and Sims 4 graphics and art style. The game would be 64 bit from the start. But I have a feeling that wish won't ever happen.
  • PurrrmeowPurrrmeow Posts: 30 Member
    I do like the graphics in 4 better because, well, they're newer but, I just feel like there is more to do, decorate, and so much fun to be had in 3.
    james64468 wrote: »
    I kinda wish we could have Sim 2 game play and they would expand it more , Sims 3 open world and color wheel, and Sims 4 graphics and art style. The game would be 64 bit from the start. But I have a feeling that wish won't ever happen.

well you never know for sure so there is still hope