Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just got the strangest update...

The only 3 things that had to update were:
1.Kids Room Stuff
2.Holiday Celebration
3.Digital Soundtrack?!
Has this happened to anyone else? Please explain!
Sims are Lit

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Same here. In my case it was 5 packs that got updated, I believe, Kids' Room was one of them and I have no idea why, but.. The game still works, so no reason to worry.
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Hmm. After the last update, in CAS, for all ages from Teen upwards, it shows that new Face and Body items are available but I can't find them? Have repaired the game through Origin (several times), removed all CC (didn't have cc at the time of the update), have deleted the ReticulatedSpinesView folder (also several times) and am really stuck as to what to do next! I play on PC with full specs.
    Any ideas on what else I could try. It doesn't affect my game but it's annoying!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I got three updates, too. One of them was Kids Room, but I forget the other two. I think they were Seasons and Holiday, but I'm not sure.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Hmm. After the last update, in CAS, for all ages from Teen upwards, it shows that new Face and Body items are available but I can't find them? Have repaired the game through Origin (several times), removed all CC (didn't have cc at the time of the update), have deleted the ReticulatedSpinesView folder (also several times) and am really stuck as to what to do next! I play on PC with full specs.
    Any ideas on what else I could try. It doesn't affect my game but it's annoying!

I’ve been having this issue too. I even tried all of the skin tones and it didn’t fix it.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Origin updated again today, for the fifth time in a little over two weeks. It was a glitchy update with a couple of interruptions that seemed to be happening on their end, not because of any internet problems on my end. I now have a notification that states add-on content has been installed, but I guess I need to load my game before I know which packs were affected? I question why we weren't told about this new update that supposedly added free dlc/updates to our game. This has been happening far too often lately yet I don't see where anything has been added when I load my test save afterward. And as others have stated, different packs are being updated for different players. I realize Origin has been updating some of their on line functions, but that does not explain what else has been changed because of the last few updates. A little bit of info would be helpful.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    this happened to me as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I’ve been having this issue too. I even tried all of the skin tones and it didn’t fix it.

@QueenMercy I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    CBook wrote: »
    1.Kids Room Stuff
    2.Holiday Celebration
    3.Digital Soundtrack?!

Exact same three but mine was a couple of days ago. I never found anything new in the game and nobody reported anything so I didn't think anything of it. The game still works exactly as it did before, no problems (I only have a few small tuning mods and a couple of Sandy's cc items at the moment). So no idea what that was :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    > @CBook said:
    > The only 3 things that had to update were:
    > 1.Kids Room Stuff
    > 2.Holiday Celebration
    > 3.Digital Soundtrack?!
    > Has this happened to anyone else? Please explain!

It might have just been file verification unless it downloaded something. In that case I'm not sure.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    What do folder/file timestamps tell you?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    1.Kids Room Stuff
    2.Holiday Celebration
    3.Digital Soundtrack?!

Yes I had exactly those three update a few days ago, but I didn't see any one else mention an update at the time so just dismissed it. Wonder if the Chinese Language update still needed tweaking or some thing on those lines?
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    1.Kids Room Stuff
    2.Holiday Celebration
    3.Digital Soundtrack?!

Yes I had exactly those three update a few days ago, but I didn't see any one else mention an update at the time so just dismissed it. Wonder if the Chinese Language update still needed tweaking or some thing on those lines?

Updating on the Soundtrack though? It's an MP3 file with songs on the game?
    Sims are Lit
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello.

Regarding those 3 DLC, there was a small update a few days ago to fix an installer issue when installing those 3 DLC with Simplified Chinese selected as the install language. All players that own those DLC received the update.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en