July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

123457...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,020 Member
    The Sims 3
    punkbees wrote: »
    I started out playing 3 as a teenager so that's the game I'm most nostalgic about, but I've come to prefer 4 for building. I was never huge on gameplay, which is definitely 3's strength. I do really miss having an open world though! I actually randomly stumbled across a copy of 1 in the CD section at a thrift store so obviously I had to buy it! I haven't been able to install it yet but I'd love to get it up and running on my computer someday.

Just to remind you, you can always get help and advice in The Sims 3 section of this forum when you're ready to install it in you computer, especially about how to avoid the update to 1.69!

• lana44lana44 Posts: 36 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 was the best... I loved the controls and the napping in front of the tv for fun n sleep at the same time....more enjoyable and felt more attached🤔🤔🤔.....I felt like the base game took a huge step backward and just add little things to keep it interesting 😒😒😒😒
  • AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 5 New Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 & sims 4 mostly because both games have similar sims designs. The sims 3 designs looked ugly that not even the more immersive gaming wasn't worth it for me.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,298 Member
    The Sims 2
    I'm kinda shocked so many people likes Sims 3 that much. All that comes to my mind about it are potato faces lagging inside unrealistic all-matching houses. And bugs, scary bugs. The Store, the packs, my geez, I'm realizing I really hate it. University was the only thing it got right.
    ID: StGerris

giphy.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,465 Member
    edited June 17
    The Sims 4
    I don’t even remember voting on this, but currently I like The Sims 2 the best.

Edit: I voted for The Sims 4?! Well, my opinion has changed dramatically since January.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 455 Member
    The Sims 3
    I'm kinda shocked so many people likes Sims 3 that much. All that comes to my mind about it are potato faces lagging inside unrealistic all-matching houses. And bugs, scary bugs. The Store, the packs, my geez, I'm realizing I really hate it. University was the only thing it got right.

I think a large part of it was how much ability you had to customize. The color wheel was awesome and being able to add lots to a world was a nice feature.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • J_Lanz16J_Lanz16 Posts: 5 New Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    there are 2, TS3 & TS4

for TS3, Open World and vast choices of customization made me fell in love on this series.
    transitioning from boring TS2's not-so-open world to TS3 made my mind blown that I can explore various places in the neighborhood without loading screen... well that comes with a drawback when it comes to performance of the game like that God-forbid saving error!

what I love about TS4 is that the sim have more personality than ever, despite of not having much traits like TS3 does.
    maybe we all remember how bare the game when its first release, I HATED IT! Its too little to offer that time and like... WTH?!?
    Its like where we all go back to TS2 but much improved graphics and excellent CAS that makes TS4 bearable to play.
    And of course, no more customization on EVERYTHING! Its a shock that it becomes limited again.
    As time goes by, I fully understand that gaming performance matters and removing that color wheel for customization is a must :'(
    And it takes many years to prove that TS4 is still worth playing and it did.

so those are my take on my favorite editions :wink:
    The Sims 3
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Honorable mention for The Sims Medieval, an odd little hybrid spin-off game. There was a lot in there I found satisfying.

I'd love to play Medieval at some point! It seems like a lot of fun.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 346 Member
    2 for the gameplay and drama, 4 for building and CAS
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    The Sims 3
    Wow over 400 votes! Thank you to everyone who voted. I had no idea this thread would be as popular as it is!
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 439 Member
    I'm over the franchise, to be honest. Tired of TS4 and not planning to buy the SIms 5 if it is online as rumored. I'm hoping Paralives will be decent enough to let me scratch my creative itch in build mode. If that aspect is as good as the teasers, I don't really care whether the gameplay is good. if I have robust tools to create with, I could live with that even if I never played the live game.. It looks promising, but I manage my expectations when it comes to indie games.

The Sims was fun in its time, but I lost interest even before TS2 came out. TS2 is my nostalgic favorite, but I've acclimated to modern graphics and can't go back. I hated TS3 at first, but it eventually grew on me. The pudding faced sims, though. TS4 is left-wing propaganda falsely advertised as entertainment. If it wasn't for build mode I would have abandoned it a long time ago, and even that has gotten old.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 3 & 4.