Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

Comments

• NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    The Sims 3
    I loved every sims in its time (well besides the current one) but I still remember playing sims 2 one day and thinking: how nice it would be if sims could see more of the world and stuff would change so you dont always knew where to find the richest, hottes sim etc. And then 3 got announced with open world and story progression! I still can remember I was bouncing of the walls!
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 all the way. Only if it ran as good as TS4 I think most people would have chosen it. I have a very powerful PC and still can't run it perfectly but the gameplay is all there I feel like it is a complete game. I love the graphics, the gameplay, the amount of things we can do, it's just much more fun than any other game currently.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    The Sims 3
    Purrrmeow wrote: »
    I played 3 much longer than I've played the others. I've moved onto 4 because that's where the party's at with new content and mods but I loved being able to control the pets.

There's a mod for TS4 that allows you to control pets as well. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited January 2020
    The Sims 4
    I've played, since spring 2000, all but Medieval, and have enjoyed all of them in their own way. Sims 4 is my favourite of the games. The art style is the most engaging, the animation is entertaining, the game plays smoothly, the time experience beats Sims 2 hands down for me as a multi-Sim player, the range of systems packs bring has been game-enhancing overall as a multi-pack player, and it plays better than Sims 3 for me as a player who wants to be in control and who plays rotationally and to play the same save for a really long time (I just started a new one after four years in my previous one. The CAS has made this the first version of the game I most enjoy Sim-creation in. The ability to move rooms and lots around in building has made building more accessible for me. Is it perfect? Of course not! No game is built for only one person's needs and wishes. But this one hits more of the notes right for me, personally.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 easily! The Sims and worlds are more beautiful, there are more and wider varieties of CaS and B&B mode assets, the gameplay is more fun and in-depth, and the best part is that there's significantly less performance issues. Don't get me wrong, I love all the games, but Sims 4 holds my attention span the longest and makes me stress the least.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    The Original if I want a real challenge and the nostalgia factor

2 I love the gameplay and that its not so pc nothing hurtful just funny. And: Its like you get to know the Sims.

3. Only with nraas & because it has horses mainly and I do like the open world. Not a fan of CAS though.

4. Play mainly now. It has gotten better with time for me and if they added horses I would probably/maybe uninstall all the others. (Or not)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

The Sims 2 is my favourite so far. I could play the game as I wanted to play it. I loved the video out takes for achieving important moments in my Sim's life. I could make neighbourhoods as I wanted them and also try the many "game challenges" that were made for the Sims 2 which where fun to try out and see new things. I liked making tutorial stories to help people, I made houses and special lots and a video which I had never done before (something I didn't think I was able to do) and loaded them up easily to my Sim page on the Sims 2 forum. Story telling was so much better in the Sims 2 it was easy and part of the game. I loved helping people on the Sims 2 forum with advice and with my story guides on my Sim Page there. I loved the quirky and spontaneous things that happened in the Sims 2. Even the glitches added to the fun!

This is closely followed by the Sims 1 which I didn't want to stop playing when the Sims 2 came out. I was completely hooked.

I didn't dislike the Sims 3 it had tons of content but I found the open world too much although I played for quite a time trying to find ways around playing the households without them aging up. Always liked a challenge. Sims 3 had tons of content and many amazing things in the game, it was perhaps too big for me. I loved taking the cars and bicycles out. I felt the open world was too big for me and could only play for a short time. I have never really explored everything the game had to offer which was a shame as it had so much to offer but I can still go and check it out if I want. I did have a lot of fun while playing.

I am currently playing the Sims 4 and enjoying it to a certain extent but having played the other Sim games I am always thinking why didn't they do this or why didn't they do that. I feel my creative inspiration and the way I like to play is hampered by the way things are done with the worlds they have introduced and restrictions on changing things in the game. although I like how we can change some aspects on the community lots even when our Sims are there. I like how things are more like the Sims 2 than the Sims 3 so I can play for a long time.

In the Sims 4 I keep feeling why didn't they do things more like the Sims 2 so I can play several people in a family by taking one to a community lot leaving the others back home and find it's just as I left it when my Sim gets home. I could then take them out one by one and play them without the other's back home doing their own thing and their aging continuing. I am getting too old to be exploring ways around this all the time, so my Sims have to do things together which I find can be very restrictive at times. It is more fun to play one Sim at a time without worrying about what the others are doing back home with the real time going on for them too!

With technology moving on it is always difficult to go back and be able to play previous games. Why I am playing the Sims 4 currently and although not exactly as I want it to be is fun to be exploring and trying out new things, I have recently added new EP's and having fun exploring what I can do with them, although I don't play as much as I did with the Sim 2 and Sims 1

I play a vanilla game without mods or custom content and have all EP's, GP's and most SP's installed
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The Sims
    I was in my mid 20's and it was the first computer game I purchased for myself as an adult. I played it for 15 years without mods and cc. I only updated to Sims 4 because the orginal The Sims no longer would easily download on Windows 10. Guess I play my game discs until they are obsolete.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The Sims 4
    4 is my favorite :) 2 is up there, but i have to do so much, to make sure it doesn’t get corrupted, which really takes the fun out or it for me
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 2
    Why I chose The Sims 2 over The Sims 3 and The Sims 4:

- Hair details. Their hair swayed and animated if it had a certain length. No “clay hair” like The Sims 4. I would choose The Sims 3 hair over The Sims 4 any day even though it didn’t move around.
    - The depth of detail between relationships and the effort it took to actually build one. Long-term & short-term, chemistry (turn one & turn offs), and furious.
    - How much can happen between NPC Sims and you in public lots or just between NPC Sims.
    - The unexpected chaos or randomness of events in the game.
    - The ever expansive career tracks that can be chosen.
    - The ability to drive in and out of the car from a garage while seeing the Sim enter the vehicle.
    - Car activities. Sit inside, take your kids to school, just listen to music, wohoo and so on.
    - The ability to create an unlimited amount of custom vacation spots, shopping districts, and downtown venues to your liking.
    - The entirety of The Sims 2: Open For Business. Sell anything and everything. Open all kinds of businesses you can think of...
    - There’s no such thing as a loading screen when visiting someone else’s apartment room like in TS4.
    - Apartments were inhabited with actual and real rooms Sims unlike TS3.
    - The insane amount of clothes you can choose from compared to TS4. This game only had EPs and SPs. I sometimes have a hard time to pick what I want because it’s ever expansive.
    - Shopping: Groceries, clothes, and even more if you have OFB.
    - Garden care. Trimming the bushes and so on.

My list can go on all day...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 is just the game I lose weeks with. I like the way the game looks and the way the sims interact. There just feels like there's so much more to the game.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The Sims 4
    I voted 4, because at it's present state it is my favorite by far. Without three or so of the most important expansions, however I would have to go 3. And I bought all of them on launch day, including 1.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2. There was no teleport for anything. When a sim got into a car, they opened the door and got in. If they did something, you saw them do it. Every animation was there. Now days it's like they are too lazy to do the animations, so things are poofing all over the place.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited February 2020
    The Sims
    The first one, even tho it had so many limitations. But it could be that I played it as a kid and kids love computer games. :D And now I'm older, I am not so into computer games so I find everything computer game related boring.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    The Sims
    'The sims 4 is the best selling game'

*Looks at poll result*

Sure.. sure..

This forum and the outside internet world are very different. Shocking, I know. The forum is mostly made up of older players or long time fans, compared to the people you see commenting on Twitter/ Youtube, etc.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • RiveniaSimsRiveniaSims Posts: 54 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    It's really difficult, because I have loved every game in the series. But I would have to say Sims 2, just because I remember how it was such a drastic difference graphically at the time and it blew my little mind lol. While Sims 4 has taken a few things out that I really wish they hadn't (for instance, cars), I still find myself enjoying it much more than Sims 3. Then again, my game has a LOT of mods, and I don't remember really doing much extra stuff to the previous games besides CC clothes/hair/etc.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    The Sims 4
    This is like asking me of Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000, Sim City 4, what do I like the best?
    (Sim City "one" played it, but meh. Sim City 5, a screwball)
    Sim City 4 is my favorite, though I did have alot of fun in 2000 and 3000. ;)

For the Sims? Well I did not like it. Go pee, eat, wash, take out the garbage, BOORING! Sims 4 with built in cheats and optional mods to get on with the more interesting stuff is why I bought it in the first place. I did grind base game at first learning the game, which was fun. But having to spend hours telling Sims to eat, sleep, pee, shower or bath, take out the garbage, repeat over and over. Not my thing for a game. Sims 4 has that built in to tone it down if wanted. If anyone likes that, cool.

In all of the Sim City games I never used cheats or mods. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    I played 3 much longer than I've played the others. I've moved onto 4 because that's where the party's at with new content and mods but I loved being able to control the pets.

Me too. That's one of my biggest gripes with ts4. Besides the diversity of pets, ts3 edition of pets was very interactive and I loved building my pets skills.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
    The Sims 4

Me too. That's one of my biggest gripes with ts4. Besides the diversity of pets, ts3 edition of pets was very interactive and I loved building my pets skills.

I definitely prefer the pets in 4; they are just more realistic. I really felt let down when they made the pets in 3 controllable. (Yes I prefer Sims 2 pets to Sims 3 pets as well).
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 2 is a classic, perfect, never-been-done-before, flawless game.

But still, The Sims 3 owns my heart. It has many many flaws, but all of them are technicall. Performance is terrible and all of that. But I just cant help it. I love everything about this game. Great personality (tones and tones of relevant traits and aspirations, favorites and zodiac), open worlds, great packs filled with content, create a style and etc.

If they somehow managed to fix the perfomance, it would be one of the greatest games ever.
    The Sims 4
    If Sims 4 had not been optimized for online play originally, we might have had open world AND freely moving between worlds.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The Sims
    Is it bad I still have the most fun playing a game that's 20 years old now lol? There's just a certain quirky charm to the Sims 1 that I don't think the sequels ever quite captured. Also Superstar and Makin' Magic are just incredible expansion packs to this day and I don't know if they'll ever make another pack as well as those 2.

The Sims 2 despite all of it's details and silly features failed to keep my interest because of the forced storylines and aspirations. (Also the game breaking glitches that game had but that's just early 3d pc games for you). University and Open for Business are really fun though I'll give it that.

Sims 3 was my second favorite for a while because I love all of the features this game has and the open world. I still have a lot of stuff I haven't played with yet so it will keep me busy for a long time. I didn't like how they did University though and it takes 45+ minutes to load my legacy file so I haven't been playing it that often.

Sims 4 maybe my new second favorite I don't know. I love the cartoony look but wish they added some more randomness to it but between Strangerville, Vampires, and University I'm really enjoying playing.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    The Sims 4
    Is it bad I still have the most fun playing a game that's 20 years old now lol?

Why would that be bad? My favorite game is Baldur's Gate, published in 1998. My second favorite game is Janes 688(i), published in 1997. Number 3 on my list of favorites is Fallout, also published in 1997. Old does not equate to bad.

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 because gameplay is important to me. My sims felt like individuals and I love the drama and the mechanics of the game and never knowing what's going to happen. I really love the Sims 4 CAS and build/buy but I can only play for so long before getting extremely bored with the whole thing. I want more gameplay, I want more random things to happen to my sims, I want consequences and better personalities. Until these things are addressed it will continue to bore-fest to me.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The Sims 2
    There's things about all of them that I like the best. TS1 was quirky. TS2 had full game play. TS3 had open world and the colour wheel. TS4 has the best build mode. I would have to rank them 2, 3, 1, 4 though.
    Origin ID: Peapod79