The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @emorrill I enjoyed reading the update - great writing. I read the version from your blog too :smiley: .
    I hope Shane will eventually realize that Emily would be a great woman to have in his life and not just the oddly dressed and cheerful woman from the bar. She's been putting so much time and energy for taking care of him, and I hope Shane will start seeing her as a woman when he feels better. He already seems much better even if still sick.

@meerkattime Thanks girl. :kissing_heart: I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. :) (Yeah I like the heated version on my blog MUCH better. :mrgreen: Hee hee!)

Shane really would be the world's worst fool if he never sees how great his life could be with Emily in it. Slowly but surely he's gaining his life back and I'm sure his eyes will open in the process. ;)

@KevinL5275 *Waiting in anticipation at your thoughts on this one* :p;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't know what to say, other than I awesomed it of course, and I continue to be impressed at your romance novel writing skills. :D

My wife may be getting a surprise later, though. <3o:)o:)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I don't know what to say, other than I awesomed it of course, and I continue to be impressed at your romance novel writing skills. :D

My wife may be getting a surprise later, though. <3o:)o:)

@KevinL5275 ^Thank you my friend. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it. (Perhaps a little TOO much apparently! :lol:;) )

Nope, not too much. o:)

My wife doesn't understand my love of The Sims. But she recently got into a mobile game that lets you design and decorate living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, etc, and I said "its just like the sims!" but she wasn't swayed. LOL oh well.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited October 2020
    Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 10

The second week in Appaloosa rolled by much quicker than the first for the twelve Pelican Town residents. Mostly due to the fact that they’d grown to accept their current predicament and worked to stay busy in the hopes that they would discover more and more ways to accomplish the Wizard’s mysterious quest and return home. Well, most of them stayed busy doing things that were productive.

During that time at least one eventful moment happened to each one of them.

Emily continued to keep constant vigil over Shane during his long healing process. He went another 36 hours hooked up to the IV and since Harvey gave the okay for him to have flavored water and juice, not soda, he felt more able to keep an adequate amount of fluids in his system on his own. That evening, while Shane slept, Harvey came in and carefully removed the IV and disappeared before the man could even stir per Emily’s previous request. Her first goal for Shane was to get him up and moving more and see if he felt ready to leave the room and possibly interact with a couple of the other guys, except Harvey of course. She knew he wasn’t ready to see the Doctor, in more ways than just because of his dislike for him.

Shane was none too thrilled at the idea of seeing any of the others yet - but certainly happy to be rid of that awful “IV contraption” and finally get himself dressed - that he expressed exactly why to sweet Emily in a tone that was not appreciated by her. It was as if because freedom had been returned to him, he could continue on as his normal callous self, carelessly spewing out everything that irked him about the people on the other side of the door, as well as what he hated about his life, Pelican Town, and this whole experience in getting clean.

50539368292_25bdfde12a_c.jpg

While Emily knew he was still in agitation due to the withdrawal, she would not stand for his tone toward her and he needed to know it.

“Excuse me,” she interrupted him, “I will NOT be spoken to in this manner, I don’t care how pi’ss’ed off you are! You will show me kindness and respect as I’ve shown it to you.”
    Once again Shane was nonplussed at her forthrightness. “You don’t understand,” he sneered, “you may think you understand me, but you don’t! My life has always been hell, always one thing after the other, and now--”
    “Lower your tone.”
    “Geez, will you let me finish!?”
    “No, not with that attitude!”
    Shane gave her an annoyed and piercing glare. Emily threw one right back.

50539223696_0d76370486_c.jpg

“You need a major attitude adjustment,” she finally said. “In case you haven’t noticed, ALL of us have loads of cr’ap we’re dealing with in our lives, trucking through our own personal hell, but at least most of us have the decency to not let it out on others, especially toward those who are so gracious to us even when we don’t deserve it!”

Her words caused Shane’s creased eyebrows to relax and he turned his gaze away from her. He knew what she was alluding to.

50538499333_cb8433e9c5_c.jpg

Why was she continually doing this to him? He thought. Making him stop and think about his behavior and how abnormal it is, creating feelings of remorse. It bothered him to no end. At the same time it brought on odd feelings of arousal to which he kept trying to squelch.

Feeling her fiery eyes still pointed at him, he couldn’t stand it and had to diffuse them. “Look...I’m sorry alright,” he said very matter-of-factly.
    “I don’t think you mean that,” she countered, at the same time hoping it would pull up some necessary feels.

50538499368_d778588425_c.jpg

Shane closed his eyes to prevent them from rolling into his head and cursed within it. This had never been an easy thing to do nor anything he liked to do. He was perfectly happy going about life the past few years never having to apologize for anything after his best friends died, purposely shutting everyone out or making them hate him in order to prevent more hurt. But now that someone actually decided to care about him, he was feeling the pull to care back; even if that meant becoming vulnerable. It was frightening, but he just had to make her stop boring her anger and disappointment into his soul through her eyes once and for all.

“I’m sorry,” he said with much more sincerity this time, clapping his hands together as if begging for good measure. “You're right, I have no right to raise my voice at you like that...not after all you’ve done for me.”
    So he has noticed. The glare in Emily’s eyes softened, feeling his sincerity, so she lowered her defensive stance. “Thank you,” she uttered appreciatively.

50538499403_623fc8619e_c.jpg

Shane felt a surge of relief. He didn’t like this hidden assertive side to the kind and cheerful bartender at all. It didn’t suit her and he began to wonder...was it just him that brought out the worst in her? The thought felt a tad bothersome.

“I think what your problem is,” his thoughts were interrupted by Emily saying, “you keep all your emotions bottled up because you’re too afraid to confide in anyone, so the moment someone gives you the simplest interaction you can’t help but explode. It’s not healthy to hold everything you’re feeling inside and truthfully, it just makes you feel worse. Ask me how I know this.” She thought about her sister. No one pushed her buttons the way Haley did.
    “That’s why I’d go to the bottle,” Shane admitted. “I could pour out all my woes to it without speaking and it’s contents would take them all away.” Just thinking of drinking again caused his hands to twitch a bit.
    “But did it really?” she questioned.
    He lowered his gaze and begrudgingly shook his head.
    Emily nodded in acknowledgement. “And now that’s no longer an option for you,” she noted. “That method was killing you...so now you have to learn to turn to another resource. Like a therapist or...a friend.” She hoped he was beginning to consider her a friend.
    The thought made him gulp. “I don’t know how to talk to anybody. I don’t want to talk to anybody.”
    “Well that’s going to have to change...or all this wearing effort to become sober will have been in vain.”
    “I didn’t ask for this.”
    Tough! You needed it! Emily drew in a breath and slowly released it to keep her cool. “I know...but it’s the best thing that could’ve ever happened for you, when it may not have been possible otherwise.”

50539223651_29ed4a6fa1_c.jpg

“I dunno about that…”
    “Look, you can practice talking to me,” she willingly offered. “I know we’re still getting to know each other, but...I promise I’ll just listen...and not say a word unless you want me to. Okay?” She bent her head to lock eyes with him, hoping deeply that he’d trust her and feel comfortable confiding in her. If he could do it when he was dead drunk, he could certainly do it while sober.

50539223751_338ee08267_c.jpg

His eyes met hers, feeling unable to speak.
    Tenderly she placed a hand upon his shoulder and said, “Let me help you.”
    Then he crossed his arms over his chest. “Haven’t you already been doing that?”
    “Helping you with your physical needs, yes,” she answered, “but now it’s time to get help with your mental health needs. There is no shame in doing so.”
    “So now that I’m no longer a drunk I’m a nutjob?” He slightly huffed, pressing his forefingers into his forehead. It was beginning to ache.
    “No,” she assured, gripping his arm with care. “Just someone who’s held back way too much emotion for too long and it’s festering; to the point that you can’t even be your true self. It needs to be treated just like any other illness and simply talking about it is exactly how you’re going to fix it.” Her gaze pierced him again. “Alcohol is out, you got it? It’s no longer your friend and never was. It’s time to let people back into your life, people who can help. Gradually of course. You know it is the way...the way to keep your promise.”
    His eyes glistened at the mention.
    “You can do this Shane. You already are.” A proud smile played across her lips.

For some strange reason, to him, Shane felt a tiny desire to hug her, but that was never his thing. He wasn’t sure what he ever did to deserve such care and kindness from Emily, but he was determined to figure it out. For now, his head ached so he rubbed at his temples and eyes. He could no longer ignore how feeble his legs had become either. “Fine,” he simply uttered, squeezing his eyes shut. “I need to sit down.”
    “Sure,” she recognized, helping him to the bed even though it was just a couple of steps away.

Once Shane sat down he leaned over and buried his face into his hands. All those deeply suppressed, almost foreign, emotions were rapidly resurfacing and he didn’t like it. He struggled greatly to hold them back. Emily sat close beside him and tenderly ran a hand up and down his back. “Should I get you some headache medicine?” she asked.
    “No...I’m fine.”
    “Okay…”
    “I really don’t want to talk about anything,” he stressed, lifting his face from his hands, “because...it’s…”

Then he lost it.

His shoulders jerked suddenly, startling Emily for a second, as he began spluttering, trying to force it all away by shaking his head, but failing. Tears coursed down his cheeks. “I don’t want to,” he choked and sniffed.
    “Hey,” Emily soothed, wrapping her arms around his chest and giving him a squeeze. His shoulders shook all the more by her loving touch, encouraging surrender. “Sometimes you don’t have to say anything,” she paused, gulping from the tightness developing in her throat. “You just let it all out.”
    “But I don’t want to,” he still resisted, shaking his head again.
    “I know...shh. But it’s okay. It’s okay,” she reiterated, tears welling up in her eyes. “Let it out.”

50539368352_f81cfb48d2_c.jpg

That’s the way Shane continued throughout the rest of the day and even though her stomach rumbled greatly, Emily didn’t dare leave his side for a second.

Harvey and Maru spent a considerable amount of time during the past week compounding all of the basic, over the counter medications missing in the world as well as a few not so common ones - that usually require a prescription - “just in case,” Harvey said. Those medications were encouraged after spending a bit of time with Elliott exploring the World-Wide Web doing research on common and more specifically uncommon illnesses in the world compared to their own. Harvey’s number one priority was to be as prepared as possible for any emergency, and non-emergency, medical situations that may rise; keeping true to his promise that he would bring every single one of them back home safely.

50538500048_c526a79ebb_c.jpg

50539369027_8f5a7ccc5e_c.jpg

Now when it came to inventing needful medical equipment that was unavailable - he still lacked that very helpful blood pressure cuff - that was proving to be a bit more tricky and more challenging than the compounding. However he was determined to press on and get as creative as possible jerry-rigging things together while still keeping in mind the safety of the patient.

He couldn’t ever remember working this hard in his entire medical career and it was quite the rush!

With help and input from Penny, Harvey finally turned the reading nook in his grand bedroom into an exam/hospital room, due to lack of a better space, with a room divider providing some privacy. It wasn't the perfect set up, but it would have to do for now. Life in this world was beginning to feel a little more complete.

“It looks great,” Penny told him, wrapping her arms around his neck and nuzzling her cheek against his.

50539224581_7cf95544fa_c.jpg

“Thanks to you,” he said, placing a hand upon arm. “It looks almost exactly like one of the exam rooms at my clinic, only the wall color here is darker. How did you manage that?”
    She smirked. “I had a lot of time to study the room while I was nervously waiting for you to enter.”
    He chuckled, blushing at the same time. “I didn’t see you that often did I?”
    “No, I was just that nervous.”
    Laughing, he whirled her around until she stood before him and planted a kiss upon her lips. Penny might’ve popped her leg up in the process.

For Maru, combining her smarts with Harvey’s to compound all the medicines was especially empowering. She was decent at chemistry and a genius in robotics, but this helped her to discover that she would do well in a Pharmaceutical lab back home, if she desired. It certainly opened up another door. Her Dad would be so proud and she couldn’t wait to tell him all about it. Even Sebastian was thoroughly impressed with his baby sister’s skills and that was heartwarming for her to see and hear.

50539224421_7415fd66ae_c.jpg

50539224466_c6ab048c4d_c.jpg

Harvey was an amazing teacher and they made a great team. Just like at work, she continually thought. Only she couldn’t for the life of her seem to remember many of these intelligent skills Harvey was exuding during the compounding while working with him back home. There continued to be “more than meets the eye” in regards to the good Doctor and it wasn’t making it any easier for her to push aside her feelings for him.

One moment she was having a particularly hard time splitting a molecule from a local mineral for a certain medication and it was driving her batty!

50539369037_dd6372f621_c.jpg

Harvey watched each failed attempt carefully and on the third he kindly suggested an alternative method, to which Maru was sure would be risky, but the confidence in his voice encouraged her to heed and so she obeyed. By some miracle, she succeeded instead of the mineral exploding.

“There you go,” Harvey smiled, patting her on the back.

50538500113_70c90e2313_c.jpg

His body was so close to hers that his cologne tickled her senses. It wasn’t what he normally wore - obviously - but it smelled so much more manly and alluring that it revved her heart up all the more. She closed her eyes for a moment, deeply, yet silently, inhaling the aroma; one edge of her lip turning up in pleasure.
    Harvey casually took notice. “You alright?”
    The blood instantly drained from the girl’s face as her eyes shot wide open. “Oh uh, yeah,” she saved, “I’m just so relieved we figured it out.” She pasted on a cheesy grin to be more convincing.
    Harvey nodded and simply said, “Me too.”

Often the two worked so hard in one day that they would take turns resting, or to grab a quick nap, while the other continued working on the current project.

50539369082_327bb6aa60_c.jpg

One day, while Maru napped, Penny came over to surprise Harvey with lunch and to express how much she missed him.

50539224526_a6495bed0e_c.jpg

“I miss you too,” he expressed. “Sorry this is taking up so much of my time.”
    “It’s okay,” she said, running a hand down his chest, loving his shirt. “It’s necessary. Don’t even worry about it.” They kissed again.
    Harvey then paused to lean back and gaze lovingly into her eyes. “You’re amazing, you know that?”
    Penny's cheeks turned bright red above her shy smile.
    “Thoughtfully bringing me lunch and being so understanding and supportive,” he went on. “I’ll make up for this time away from you, I promise.”
    “I know,” she smiled sweetly.

50539369112_1d296e5207_c.jpg

Maru cracked an eye open, overhearing, and felt a sinking in her stomach again as she witnessed them kiss once more. Just let it go, she ordered, closing the eye. Let it go...

And “let it go,” she incessantly tried to do, delving into chemistry again during one of her and Harvey's breaks from compounding and inventing.

50539370167_752883a14f_c.jpg

50539225551_be962d6c0a_c.jpg

There was one major mishap…

50539370242_979b4ebb9b_c.jpg

...and she couldn’t figure out if it was due to chemicals having slightly different properties in this world so she got thrown off, or the fact that she couldn’t take her mind off of Harvey no matter what she did. It was horribly frustrating.

After making sure her clothes were put out, she thought, I better grab a shower and clean myself up before Harvey sees me like this and demands he take a look at me. That’s so like him. She blushed with a chuckle. As much as her aching and remorseful heart yearned to be in that position, she chose to squash the desire. Penny was still her dear, lifelong friend and she felt bad having these kinds of thoughts about her man. I mean you DID give her permission to pursue him remember? Ugh! Penny knowing her feelings for Harvey before she did was proof of just how close they were and she never wanted to put a dent in that.

The two gal pals enjoyed a wonderful time out together the next day having lunch at the local bar and dancing with androids to the music. They couldn’t stop laughing at just about everything like they always did on fun outings together like that.

The day after, during another break, Maru found some scrap metal within the drawers of a worn down workbench and decided to try her hand at creating something.

50539225606_5064db238c_c.jpg

Ahh. This is SO my element, she pleasurably thought, feeling like she was back at home in the creative comfort of the basement again.

Hammering and torching, over and over again, the metals seemed to form together into the shape of a cow so Maru just rolled with it. This actually turned out pretty cute! she thought as she eyeballed her finished creation. It reminded her of Marnie’s well groomed cows she’d always see grazing in the pasture on her way over to pick up eggs for her mom.

50539370307_291cef459f_c.jpg

Mom...Dad...I miss you. I hope you can somehow know that Seb and I are okay.

Downstairs in the sun room, around the same time each day, Leah and Elliott “got dirty” while painting and sculpting. Elliott expressed that he always had an interest in learning to sculpt and when they found the tools and supplies to do it, Leah happily suggested that he try sculpting while she painted and, “we can be artistic together!” Both blushed, very much liking the idea. Being separated even for an hour felt unbearable, especially after becoming engaged.

50539369972_16ffa1f259_c.jpg

A block of clay that stood taller than he did wasn’t exactly what Elliott had in mind for his first project, but he’d chisel off a few blocks to use for starter projects.

When he kept continually producing cracks that would travel in all the wrong areas, he annoyingly called out, “Hey babe, can you help with me with this again?” Leah didn’t like to be interrupted while deep in painting, but she happily made an exception for her love, especially when he was exploring the arts.

50538501178_e6620beb1d_c.jpg

“See, you got this,” she finished with encouragement.
    “Oof, I think I’m getting too old to do projects like this,” he groaned, rubbing at his lower back and struggling to get up from squatting to stretch it.
    “You’re not old…”
    “Well I sure feel old being around all you youngins.'” He winked.
    “You just need to get out and get a little more physical to tone your muscles, what with sitting at your computer most of the day writing,” she smirked.
    Elliott chose to ignore her playful criticism and studied her hair instead. “You know, you look real cute with your hair all rolled up in a bun like that.”
    Leah blushed with a coy smile. How is it that he always found the perfect things to say to obliterate all the self-consciousness she felt within herself? “Okay I disagree because I feel like a mess,” she couldn’t help saying, “but...you’ll get rewarded for that later.”

50539225406_108f097680_c.jpg

“Oh I look forward to it.”
    “But for now, why don’t you come over and watch me paint while you give your back a break. This scene appeared in my dreams the other night and I wanna tell you all about it.”
    Forgetting that last part he answered, “With pleasure.”

Watching her paint was something he could do all day and not just because she is beautiful.

50538501128_9abe1112a3_c.jpg

To be continued... :)
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill So happy to see the update this morning! I read it while drinking my coffee but no time to comment until now. Busy morning!
    Glad that Shane is improving physically at least. The mental and attitude may take awhile!
    Good for Emily for letting Shane know that he is being an xxx and that everyone has baggage but they don't take it out on others or drink themselves into oblivion either.
    I love her sweater and the pattern!
    I had to laugh when she said he didn't mean it when he said he was sorry the first time. :lol:
    She is making him think about someone other than himself and that is good!
    hehe, caught that, little bit aroused!
    Oh my, what a breakthrough with him letting his emotions out.
    I hope he won't be too embarrassed and get all snide and snarky when he does face the other guys.
    Good to see Harvey and Maru working together and making some things they may need.
    Maru needs to get over it. Harvey was never hers and she knows it. She is too smart for this pity party she is on.
    That's cool he has a medical area but not sure I'd want it in my bedroom! :open_mouth:
    Good that Maru is excited about her progress with compounding. She needs to quit sniffing Harvey! :lol:
    Lovely to see Penny brought him lunch and visited. :heart:
    Yeah, Maru, peeking at them kissing. Get over it! :grin:
    Leah and Elliott are so cute 'creating' together.
    Great update! Look forward to the next part.

@bekkasan Hee hee! Thanks for the comments. :mrgreen: They always fill me with so much happy! I was smiling the whole time and chuckling in a few areas. :lol:
    Emily's outfit in that scene is one from Art Sims so I sadly don't have that pattern I could share with you. :( I can't even find the outfit anymore either...
    hehe, caught that, little bit aroused!
    ^Yep. :smirk:
    I think Shane will recover a lot better than everyone thinks. ;) Emily's really been a strength. <3
    Yeah Maru is having such a pity party because she couldn't believe how foolish she'd been about Harvey liking her and she chose to shaft him because he was "too old." (Kinda realized she's not the best at everything) Gotta learn some things the hard way girl! :p
    That's cool he has a medical area but not sure I'd want it in my bedroom! :open_mouth:
    ^Lol! That thought crossed by mind too, but there was really no other place to set one up. (At least he's got a partition set up, and hey, good way to keep an ear out for the patient during the night. :p ) All the rooms are taken! :lol: No joke...there's not even a den in their house. Guess I could've built something, 🤔 but I was too lazy. :joy:
    Can't wait to share more with y'all. :blush: I think you'll like the beginning of the next part involving Abigail. :)
    :kissing_heart:
    Shane is not my favorite, I hope he snaps out of this and realizes how good Emily is treating him, better than he deserves.

Who is there for Maru to fall for now? Its good she has potions and inventing to take her mind off it.

I think Leah needs a tan. Or maybe that's just the redhead skin. :D They're so cute together, hehe.

• meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill Shane should be treating Emily so much better :# . Deep inside him he must know she did nothing to deserve that attitude from him.
    I'm glad she's defending herself this time. Perhaps she gains more respect this way than by being nice.
    Emily's knitted pullover is lovely.
    Looks like her tougher attitude is already working. Good!
    At least he's apologizing. And hey, he tells Emily he has noticed what she has done for him! This looks good...
    Yes Shane, it's probably just you who brings the worst out of her. Ouch but so true, lol :D . But I'm a bit disappointed he's such a dummy that he still sees her as "the bartender" and not as a woman who's done everything she could to make him feel better for a week now :o .
    Argh, I was quietly reading and hoping that Shane would actually open up to her, but he got his attitude back, lol...
    But Emily's speech is actually working now. Good boy, Shane! He's finally letting his feelings out!
    Emily in an angel taking care of him like that, ignoring her hunger and everything.
    I wonder how Maru is coping working so tightly together with Harvey but I hope she's doing better now...
    Oh no, Harvey, your bedroom is not the right place for a hospital room :# ! I guess he and Penny are not sleeping next to each other yet because otherwise Penny wouldn't have liked it one bit, lol.
    Ok, Maru is having a hard time with Harvey. It's just weird how her feelings didn't start until she saw Harvey with someone else which makes me wonder how genuine those feelings really are...
    No girl, stop sniffing his aroma, lol!
    Oh poor Maru. I'm starting to wonder where to find a free guy for her. Sam doesn't seem like her type and there's no one else left.
    Ouch! was the lab mishap part of your plan or did it just happen and end up in the story?
    The little cow is cute.
    It makes sense Elliott puts his long hair in the braid when he's "getting dirty".
    "Being separated even for an hour felt unbearable" Aww, young love! :p
    I always hated it when someone was looking at me painting, but Leah is different ;). They make a lovely couple.
    Sorry it took me a bit to respond to you two. (Life events have been occupying my time, as well as writing when I get the chance. :blush: )

@KevinL5275
    Shane is not my favorite, I hope he snaps out of this and realizes how good Emily is treating him, better than he deserves.
    ^He's not many people's favorite. :lol:
    You know...Shane may feel that exact same way once he's recovered. Who knows?
    Who is there for Maru to fall for now?
    ^That is the question. :naughty::p
    Lol! Leah's skin is pretty white in Stardew so I rolled with it. Maybe a little too much. :lol:
    Thanks for the comments. :)

@meerkattime I always enjoy reading your comments. :blush: Thank you always for taking the time to make them.
    Shane should be treating Emily so much better :# .
    ^He'll get there, just wait and see. ;)
    Emily's knitted pullover is lovely.
    ^Thanks. I should really just upload that whole outfit on SFS for you and @bekkasan if you ladies really want it. :blush: I had to throw it on her because Emily makes her own clothing, most of the time, and I wanted it to look like she made that top. ;)
    But I'm a bit disappointed he's such a dummy that he still sees her as "the bartender" and not as a woman who's done everything she could to make him feel better for a week now :o .
    ^Yeah, I didn't think about it like that when I was writing. (Great insight! :star: ) That's just what he's always known her as so... :p
    Emily in an angel taking care of him like that, ignoring her hunger and everything.
    ^Indeed. <3 Almost like she's in love with him or something. :smirk:
    Oh no, Harvey, your bedroom is not the right place for a hospital room :# !
    ^Ha ha! You and bekkasan both! :joy: That was really the only available space in the guy's house for one. (I'll have to do some adding in to that sentence to explain that) and hey, they found some partitions so it's mostly private. 🤷‍♀️ I would imagine Harvey would sleep somewhere downstairs when someone is in critical care there to give them privacy, but I was kinda thinking it's good that his bed is close by and he can keep an ear out and be right there if the patient goes south since there aren't any monitors to inform him of that. It's all good. :lol: You two have given me something to consider though. Maybe the guys can help build up some walls or something to make it a more private space? Goodness knows they have lots of time to do it! :p
    Ok, Maru is having a hard time with Harvey. It's just weird how her feelings didn't start until she saw Harvey with someone else which makes me wonder how genuine those feelings really are...
    No girl, stop sniffing his aroma, lol!
    ^Right!? And LOL! :joy: Yeah she had her chance and she needs to move on!
    Oh poor Maru. I'm starting to wonder where to find a free guy for her. Sam doesn't seem like her type and there's no one else left.
    ^ :smirk:
    Sam for SURE isn't her type!
    I purposely made the mishap happen for the story. ;)
    Yeah I hated that Elliott's braid disappeared in his shirt a couple of times though. :grimace: That was really annoying because they weren't cc outfits or hair which I'd expect that from. :confused:
    Oh you paint? That's awesome. :) Would love to see a pic of your work sometime.
    Thanks for the smiles and laughs. :kissing_heart:
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hello :> thought I'd stop by and leave some feedback for you here, because I haven't been getting your tags on the main thread, and so I'm not sure if you've been getting mine. Anyway!

One thing I've got to say I admire about your stories is how you're able to capture facial expressions so perfectly! I imagine it takes loads of patience. This pic especially!
    50538499333_cb8433e9c5_c.jpg
    Oh, typical Shane. Gets up out of the hospital bed and goes off at Emily. :unamused: Good on her standing up for herself, no one deserves to be spoken to in that tone, especially after being so patient with him!
    I see Shane's been there, done that. Thinks that not having friends means no one will hurt him. But it means no one will be there to take care of him when things get tough, as they inevitably do. I admire Emily a lot more now! Oh thank goodness it seems he really is sorry for snapping at her!
    What a big turnaround for him. He's being so honest with her now about how hitting the bottle didn't help, and how he outright didn't want to talk to anyone. And not only are you nailing Shane's personality (at least how I see it), but Emily's as well! I've always thought of her as someone who's not only spunky and full of life, but also long-suffering and always seeing the good in others.
    I hope all goes well with them! It'll be a long road to recovery for Shane indeed, but it's good to see Emily's there for him.
    Oh yes, Harvey's totally the dad of the group! Or should that be the mom? Maybe both!
    I love the look of his little hospital room. It looks cosy, homey, rather than all sterile and cold. Penny is gorgeous with her hair down, by the way :)
    Oh nooo, I sense future drama between Penny and Maru! Doesn't help that they're best friends, eh? Or that Maru likely sees Harvey for longer periods during the day since they work together!
    That was SUCH a close shave, Penny sneaking into the room while Maru was napping! She and Harvey must've been really quiet. Either that or she must've been in a pretty deep sleep.
    Oh wait, so she DID notice! Yikes. Okay, good on her - really! - for choosing not to cause drama! And for remembering that she gave Penny permission to go after Harvey.
    What a cute little cow! Perfect for Maru :>
    Yay, Leah and Elliott are ginger sweethearts <3 and Elliott is right, Leah is a cutie with her hair done up like that.
    I know drama adds spice and variety and all that sort of stuff, but after seeing what went down between Shane and Emily earlier, it's kinda refreshing to see a couple just enjoying each other's company, without a care in the world :)
    Looking forward to more!
    edited November 2020
    @TinySpaceFox Hey chica! :grin: Thanks for popping in and reading. <3
    I've seen your tags, no worries. :blush: I was actually curious if you'd been getting mine :p because most people don't for some odd reason. :confused:
    One thing I've got to say I admire about your stories is how you're able to capture facial expressions so perfectly! I imagine it takes loads of patience. This pic especially!
    ^Thank you. <3 I try. ;) This one actually didn't take as much effort as usual, it happened right away after the interaction. :grin: It's almost like the game knew what I needed or something. ;)
    I see Shane's been there, done that. Thinks that not having friends means no one will hurt him. But it means no one will be there to take care of him when things get tough, as they inevitably do.
    ^Yes, yes, yes! :star:
    And not only are you nailing Shane's personality (at least how I see it), but Emily's as well! I've always thought of her as someone who's not only spunky and full of life, but also long-suffering and always seeing the good in others.
    I hope all goes well with them! It'll be a long road to recovery for Shane indeed, but it's good to see Emily's there for him.
    ^Aww. <3 Girl, I have to tell you your comments here just made my day. 🥰 I've been working so hard to portray these characters in the best way possible, true to how I feel most people perceive them and...I may tell you something later in a PM, but suffice it to say based on a previous comment about my story, you saying this restored my faith in my writing and meant so much! Thank you. :kissing_heart: (Sounds like great minds think alike too. ;) )
    I recognize that I won't be able to please everyone with my writing, and this person and their comment really wasn't worth getting bothered over, I was just feeling especially vulnerable and emotional that day, so coming on and reading the opposite and such encouraging words from you, is really what I needed to hear to help me heal from it. <3

Yeah I think Harvey's totally the dad of the group, or at least the leader. ;) Even though Elliott and Leah joke about being the parents of the group. :blush:
    Penny is gorgeous with her hair down, by the way :)
    ^Thanks. :) I feel like I had to do something a little different with her, and I will with the other characters occasionally as well. I sure as heck LOVE dressing them all up for different scenes! :mrgreen: Since we always see them in the same garb in Stardew. ;)
    There may be a little future drama between Penny and Maru, but...I think with how close they are they will be able to work it out. <3
    I know drama adds spice and variety and all that sort of stuff, but after seeing what went down between Shane and Emily earlier, it's kinda refreshing to see a couple just enjoying each other's company, without a care in the world :)
    ^I like that in stories too. :blush:
    Again, thank you SO much for your sweet comments and taking the time to make them. :kissing_heart: I thoroughly enjoy reading them and appreciate it so much since I know how busy you are.
    If you ever have time and want to go back and read all the events from my previous chapters you can on here, or on my blog. You could share thoughts on my blog too if you want. No pressure though. :)
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com
    Have a great day! <3 Gives hugs and kisses to any of the animals you come in contact with for me and daughter. 🤗
    edited November 2020
    Hey friends. Here's more of Chapter 10. :grin:

Every character will be featured in this Chapter at some point, but some will be featured more often than others. ;) In case you were wondering. Enjoy!

Continuation of Chapter 10...

Every night the past week, Abigail snuck out to a couple of different locations to continue practicing her magic. Her desire had been further encouraged when she found a magical wand hidden under some clothes in her dresser. What do we have here? she thought upon discovery with a broad smile, holding the wand by her fingertips and eyeballing it’s craftsmanship. The handle was made of marble and the amber wood was incredibly fine; carrying a beautiful grain. Not a single flaw upon it. For some reason it felt like no coincidence to Abigail that the wand was so cleverly placed in her designated dresser. Has the Wizard always known that I possess magic? Her eyebrow arched in thought as she began to wonder.

Wand in hand, Abigail decided to visit the place where she, Leah, and Maru had gone foraging with the rainbow waterfall she’d been so curious about. Even in the darkness it retained the six vibrant colors. So it wasn’t the result of light reflecting off the water like Maru said, just as Abigail suspected. Magical Waterfall! Woo hoo! She gave off a smug grin.

50559303347_23c96a871b_c.jpg

Before attempting to explore the magical properties of the waterfall, Abigail felt it best to practice a bit with the wand first. She had no clue how to use it, and it honestly made her feel a little nervous attempting to use it, but it seemed the moment she gripped the marble handle with determined emotion...power and knowledge from an unknown source began flowing through her veins. Thinking back on the simple spells she memorized back home, she toyed around with them while flicking the wand.

The first spell attempt simply produced a boring, lavender colored smoke.

50539224061_757909e82a_c.jpg

“At least it’s pretty smoke,” she said, keeping the positive emotions present. Her emotions were very much tied to her magic - as she first discovered - and it made all the difference in the effectiveness and intensity of the spell she cast.

The first spark of light to come out of the wand gave her a thrill!

50539368657_8d438997f8_c.jpg

Soon she began waving it around like a boss while whispering various incantations, her confidence growing.

50538499673_1f373853aa_c.jpg

The headaches didn’t seem to hurt as bad when wielding the wand as opposed to casting with her hands. Maybe because it requires more mental effort that way? she thought. I could get used to experiencing less intense headaches...

The simple spellcasting got boring fast so Abigail turned her attention back to the waterfall. What would happen if I shot some light out at it? She didn’t hesitate to find out. The light first formed into a large, fiery ball at the tip of the wand as she whispered the spell and then flicked her wrist and sent it flying a hundred feet forward, penetrating the center of the waterfall.

50539368682_9c8a1fbf51_c.jpg

The beam of light instantly bounced off the water and shot right back at the center of Abigail’s body to which she instinctively gripped at her stomach. She fully expected to feel pain or a tingling sensation, but only felt the pressure. Next thing she witnessed were various rainbow prisms protruding out from the impact point, shining all around her in the shape of a star. It almost felt like the magic from the waterfall transferred over to her and was supercharging her own magic. It felt electrifying.

50538499778_f414fedfd7_c.jpg

The “supercharging” proved to be exactly what happened as in the nights following Abigail found herself casting all those original simple spells with ease so she went on to practice more advanced spells. (She may have found the Library during the day with loads of books containing more and more spells in them.) She felt on top of the world! And surprisingly...more liberated than she’d ever felt before.

“You serve me well dear wand,” she addressed it in one particular moment…

50539368697_49784b770b_c.jpg

…“but there’s nothing like being able to cast a spell with my own two hands.” She slipped the wand into her pocket and produced an apple in the palm of her hand with ease, unlike before.

50538499763_7ac25bc7e5_c.jpg

“There we go,” she breathed in satisfaction. “Now where is that unicorn I spotted a few moments ago?” She squealed with inexpressible joy when she previously discovered the unicorn - couldn’t wait to tell Sebastian and Sam - and gladly fed him the apple she just conjured up. The unicorn thanked Abigail for her kindness. She swore she heard it telepathically.

50539368597_bd47687d59_c.jpg

On another night, Abigail returned to the graveyard hoping to see the spirit girl Donna again, but she never showed up. Shrugging, she decided to pull out the wand again and play around casting a few new spells.

50539368917_9bc7708417_c.jpg

50539368942_6111e885e5_c.jpg

50539224336_f6f202858d_c.jpg

Feeling confident she could now graduate to casting elemental magic, she drew in a breath and chose Fire as her first choice. Focus Abby, you can do this! Sure enough, flames shot out immediately after she whispered and illuminated the darkness around her. YES!

50538499813_641f1740cd_c.jpg

However, she found herself unexpectedly losing control over the amount of fire spewing out and when she finally managed to get a grip on it, flames lit up the ground about five feet in front of her.

50539368782_c0c558afd1_c.jpg

She shoved the wand into her pocket, frozen in fear as the flames rapidly grew taller and taller, kissing forcefully at the night sky.

"Well...cr'ap! I didn’t expect this!" Her brow perspired and her hands began to tremble, suddenly forgetting every other elemental spell she studied. Her first instinct was to run, but she couldn't leave an uncontained fire going.

50539368792_4a6c051240_c.jpg

Extinguish it! A voice shouted within her mind. It was a man’s voice and...an oddly familiar one.
    “Wizard Rasmodius!?” she addressed toward the sky. “How in the--”
    You possess the power within to do it! His voice boomed again. No wand, no spell needed. Focus. Concentrate. Extinguish it.
    Abigail nervously shook her head, watching the flames creep closer, and quickly losing confidence. “I can’t! I’m not that powerful!”
    But there were no sympathetic or encouraging words given, only a strong order. DO IT!

Various different emotions heightening now, Abigail gulped and planted her feet into the ground, casting her arms forward with pointed, stretched fingers, trying hard to focus and will the magic to come forth from somewhere deep within her. She didn’t know if Rasmodius would help her and she couldn’t rely on him to. Squeezing her eyes shut she pressed and pressed her mind and magical abilities - maybe uttering a prayer in between - and struggled for breath during the process.

The relentless flames just about bit at her fingertips when finally an incredible force of water shot out from both of her palms, swiftly joining together to create a large enough stream to douse the flames. She cried out in relief, trying desperately to keep steady, hold the stream in place, and stay focused.

50538499863_682f103ccc_c.jpg

Her energy started draining rapidly as the water sprayed out and the flames were only halfway extinguished. She huffed, keeping her hands firmly outstretched, as she pressed her magic onward, her forehead perspiring and throbbing in pain. Her vision soon became blurry as she grew more and more weak and pale.

50538499918_61f0958d1f_c.jpg

When the flames disappeared, Abigail immediately broke her concentration for relief. Her eyes rolled into her head and her body collapsed to the ground.

When she woke, she wasn’t sure how long she’d been out. Her head felt like it’d been in a vice. Carefully, she sat up and rubbed at her temples, as well as her blurry eyes. The crickets chirped all around her, ringing louder than usual in her ears.

Seeing clearly now, she lowered her head and took in a few deep breaths to catch up on all the ones she lost. “Wow,” she whispered. “Holy cow...WOW!” She didn't know how else to express it. Although, she had had the thought that she’d grown way too confident in casting all these new spells she learned and she needed to be much more careful, and patient, when delving into more advanced magic. What if she’d been seriously injured or killed out here...no one would’ve been around to help, or notice. Luckily the Wizard "showed up" when he did - that surely wouldn't happen every time - but regardless, she recognized that she'd been foolish and it was enough to frighten some sense into her.

50538499953_180d06544b_c.jpg

That same night, Emily was up late finishing a surprise sewing project while all the guys slept.

50539368392_33efdd5da3_c.jpg

After turning off all the lights in the house, she crept back into Shane’s room and quietly nestled herself into her “bed” for the time being, a sleeping bag. The couch was much too small and uncomfortable to sleep on so that had been pushed out of the way a couple of days ago. Sleeping on the floor really wasn’t any better, but at least she could stretch her legs out.

50538499458_f544022db0_c.jpg

Shane stirred from the faint sound of the sleeping bag zipper and threw a glance at the time on the wall clock. 12:18. He groaned as he began shifting his weight to get into a more comfortable position and fall back asleep, but instead of his eyes instantly shutting, they glued themselves onto Emily. Any frustration from being awoken quickly disappeared and was replaced with a feeling of...pity? This was a first in a long while.

It suddenly didn’t feel right with him that the woman was sleeping on the floor while he, the man, slept in the bed.

50539368412_5db3ef8e96_c.jpg

He tried to convince himself that Emily was totally fine with the situation, which was true, but since he was becoming more mentally sound each day the thought nagged at him, almost as if because he owed her some kind gesture in return for all she was doing for him. Fine! He surrendered, rolling onto his side and pulling the covers up to his chin. But later. For now, I must sleep.

The next morning, Emily casually pointed out to Shane that his hair was a little overgrown and the stubble on his face was quickly turning into a beard, to which she offered to give him a haircut and a shave, if he’d like. Shane really couldn’t deny it, the overgrowth was driving him nuts. How’d she know? So he consented.

“Okay,” Emily said through a breath while running her fingers through Shane’s hair to gauge it; each touch sending pleasurable tingles down his neck and into his spine. “I’ll start with trimming the top here, then get your bangs, and finish off with buzzing the back.”
    “Sounds good.”

50539368387_cfee5dc31e_c.jpg

She smirked for a second before saying, “Then maybe while I’m at it I’ll buzz off this hair on your back.”
    “No!” He flinched.
    “I’m just kidding!” she laughed while gripping his shoulders and shaking them. “Just trying to loosen you up a bit.”
    He shook his head, unamused, but a subtle smile played across his lips. He kind of liked her sense of humor. It was similar to his, when he decided to show it.

When Emily finished and offered Shane a mirror, he was quite impressed with how well she trimmed him up. He quietly thanked her, which filled her heart with joy.

“Now it’s time for your shave,” she smiled, holding a razor in one hand and the can of shaving cream in another.
    Shane reached up and gripped the wrist of her hand carrying the razor to which she shot him a questionable look.
    “I’m perfectly capable of shaving myself,” he said. “You really don’t need to do it for me.”
    There was a slight pause. “Okay...I just don’t want you to accidentally cut yourself because of the tremors.”
    “I’m fine. The tremors are pretty much gone.”
    “Hold out your hand and let me see.”

Shane rolled his eyes as he did so, focusing hard to keep his hand steady.
    Emily studied it with a twisted mouth, almost convinced, then gave him the razor to hold. Gripping the razor with his forefinger seemed to cause his other fingers to tremble more. Dam'mit, he uttered under his breath. He hated feeling so dependent lately and was beyond tired of it.
    That’s when Emily tenderly wrapped her fingers around his. “It’s okay,” she calmed. “I’ll take care of it.”
    “I feel like a freaking cripple!”
    “But you’re not. And this will pass soon. You just gotta hang on for a little while longer.”

Shane blew out an impatient breath, however he was beginning to get used to Emily’s assuring words, presence, and pretty smile. They gave him a strength he never knew he needed.

In the bedroom across the hall, Elliott was typing in his daily journal; keeping a record of the various happenings amongst the group and his innermost thoughts. Even though he knew it was kind of pointless to keep a journal here, being unable to bring it back home, he did it anyway. Maybe these entries will prove helpful to us sometime? Mostly it was just a good way to refine his writing skills.

50539369637_af25eb42b5_c.jpg

There came a light knock at the door.

“Come in,” he called, finishing typing a sentence.
    “Hey babe,” rang the voice of his love, as she closed the door. “I’m here.”
    Elliott quickly turned in his seat. “Heeeey,” he greeted, standing up and heading toward Leah. He enveloped her in his arms and squeezed her as he rocked her from side to side. “Mmm.”
    “Well, hello to you too,” she giggled as Elliott’s lips caressed the nape of her neck. They soon moved to her lips.

50538500778_48ef0749f9_c.jpg

“Oh Leah how I miss you every second we’re apart. Why can’t you just live here with me?” he asked in a whisper. “I’m finding it heart-wrenching now to wake up and not find my betrothed right there beside me.”
    “I know...I feel the same.” Her eyes glowed at his affection. “But someone’s gotta keep an eye on those girls back there, look after them, and make sure they’re staying out of trouble. The boys need someone like that too.” She winked.
    He gave a slight bob of his head. “I guess you’re right.” Then he tittered. “We’ve really turned into the Dad and Mom of this group haven’t we?”
    “Yep!” Honestly, she liked it.

50538500803_8b33ae073f_c.jpg

After a little giggling, Elliott ran a firm hand down Leah’s exposed thigh. “Mmm, you look really cute in this outfit. I especially like how it shows off your sexy legs.” He bounced his eyebrows at her. “It makes me wanna...you know...do stuff.” Then he threw her a suggestive look.

50539369602_d1b355f49c_c.jpg

Leah smirked in return. “Well this shirt you’re wearing suits you as well, with the way it shows off your sexy chest hair. It kinda gets me hot and bothered as well.”

50539225016_2ee976f394_c.jpg

“In that case…,” he ended, abruptly picking her up by her bottom and tossing her onto the bed. He loved the squeal that came out of her.

What happened after that, they tried to do as silently as possible.

At the other end of the house, Sam snuck into Alex’s room to use his gym equipment. He took advantage of the opportunity now that Alex was often out with Haley at her place. Boinking most likely, he thought with a sigh, feeling a twinge jealous. Part of him really just wanted to quit hoping for a chance at winning over the gorgeous blonde, but it was good motivation to get himself in shape. He didn’t want his buddy - or anyone - calling him scrawny anymore! I’ll show everyone just how manly I can look!

He firmly gripped the pull up bar. “Okay,” he said, “this should be pretty easy right? Since I’m so scrawny and all.” He rolled his eyes. Drawing in a breath, he pulled up his lanky body with all his strength.

50538500433_574e0e517d_c.jpg

“Holy s**t!” he hissed through gritted teeth, barely able to elevate himself. His arms shook terribly from the exertion, and before he knew it he lost grip and fell onto his bottom, right before his chin touched the bar. “Son of a b***h!”

50538500458_df100dcd36_c.jpg

He quickly decided that pull ups were out for a while. Gosh! Everyone makes them look so easy, geez! he thought, mind blown. There was so much to learn and discover about exercise than he realized.

He shuffled on over to the “boring” bench press, set it at twenty pounds, and started with leg lifts. “Okay, I got this,” he grunted with each and every lift.

50538500478_b61f0f1047_c.jpg

Soon he moved on to working his arms. “Twenty...three!” he blew out, feeling like his arm muscles were on fire. “Twenty-five should be good. Da'mn...how does Alex...enjoy doing this...every day?” He expressed a loud, victorious grunt once he hit twenty-five and promptly dropped the weight, which produced a high pitched clank.

50539369347_8902cc8638_c.jpg

Working his chest muscles felt pretty easy at first, but the more he did it, the more the ache increased. “Come on!” he barely uttered with a beat red face. “It’s worth it...just keep telling yourself...it’s worth it!”

50538500548_07b3773f55_c.jpg

He was really beginning to wonder if it was. How can I put myself through this every day? Pfft! It seemed too hard and most of the time when something was too tough in life, he’d just quit. To Sam there was always an easier way, but his mom would often refute and tell him that, “anything worth having you have to work hard for,” and as much as he tried to deny it, her wise words of wisdom were proving to be the truth more and more each day. I miss you mom...sorry I’ve been cursing when I know you don’t like it. He thought about his dad too. They didn’t always see eye to eye on everything, but of course he loved him and prayed he was still alive and well in the war zone. When the face of his little brother, Vincent, appeared in his mind it was filled with sadness and tears. That face tugged at Sam’s heartstrings more than anything else in the world and he saw it way too often since their dad got deployed. He felt a thickness develop in the back of his throat. I’ll be back soon little buddy...you won’t lose me AND dad. Hell, don’t you worry at all because we’re BOTH coming back! Sam realized motivation like that was what was keeping his dad going as well and that realization made him feel much more closer to his "old man."

“Again!” he ordered himself. “You got this! Don't give up!”

Over at the ladies house that evening, Alex and Haley spent a considerable amount of time soaking and making out in the hot tub after a long and delightful day together.

50539225436_ab8513547d_c.jpg

The new couple had been on a ravishing sexual high ever since their first experience in the beach hut bathroom and that act of passion had become a daily ritual.

50539370062_c2bf24e87f_c.jpg

50539370107_ab36f872c8_c.jpg

In more locations than one.

50539370137_9e53ec7758_c.jpg

If fact it seemed to the others that that’s all they ever did and hearing - sometimes witnessing - it was getting old and annoying fast. Emily didn’t really know much about her sister’s affairs since she spent all day with Shane, but she did wonder for a moment why Haley hadn’t been texting or calling her much. Is she seriously snubbing me because of my choice to care for Shane and not be with her? Usually her sister always had something to say, even if it was undesired. She made a mental note to call Haley later about it.

To be continued...

:)
    Post edited by emorrill on

@emorrill Yaay! Update! It is cool that Abigail is taking to her witch side so well. I still think it is a shame that she feels she needs to hide that part of her from her friends. They certainly didn't turn down a quest from the wizard so why would they turn away from her? I remember you said the townspeople were against magic so I guess she feels she needs to keep it hidden. Perhaps it is time for them to stop being so archaic and frightened of something they don't understand. Perhaps Abigail can lead the way! :grin:

I understand she wants privacy to practice her spells and learn her craft but she discovered the danger involved in not having some kind of backup! Great pictures of her learning to use the wand! The first one of the rainbow waterfall was pretty much totally black on my puter. I wonder if others were able to see it better? I think she discovered that she should not let her powers wane completely to exhaustion! Glad the wizard was somehow able to advise her. Perhaps she should talk to Sebastian and have him come with her as a backup. I think he would do it in a heartbeat. :heart:

So what did Emily make? :grin: You didn't think I was gonna miss that you didn't tell us?

Oh my, I can't imagine sleeping on the floor would be better than the loveseat. My sims always get a bad moodlet after sleeping in a sleeping bag.
    Shane should feel bad that Emily is sleeping on the floor! I know he had no control over it before, but he is better now and should insist that she have a proper place to sleep. Harvey could bring that bed down from his room. :wink:
    Cute that she wanted to make him feel better by cutting his hair and shaving him. Loved the picture of her stroking his hair. :grin:

Elliott and Leah are so cute together. I can understand them wanting to be together and not just during the day when they can find a few moments alone. He looks at her with so much love. :smiley:

Omg, the pics of Sam are just terrific. I know I've made some of those faces when I've tried to do certain exercises! Glad to see he is deciding to work at it despite how hard it is for him. Glad that his thoughts of his Dad made him feel closer to him and more motivated.

Haley and Alex! That is pretty much what I expected them to be doing. lol
    edited November 2020
    Hey everyone. :) Was told by bekkasan that the first picture in this recent story update was pretty darn dark (even though my silly computer monitor deceived me. :confounded: ) so I went and lightened the picture a bit and replaced the dark pic with the lightened one. I hope y'all can see the waterfall better in it now. 👍

@bekkasan Hee hee. I was happy to give you - and everyone else - more of the story to read. :blush:
    I still think it is a shame that she feels she needs to hide that part of her from her friends. They certainly didn't turn down a quest from the wizard so why would they turn away from her?
    ^You know, that's a good point! :grin: I think mostly they were just so darn curious because the Wizard was always someone they were never allowed to associate with (that goes with your remembrance in that the town is against him and magic in general. 👍 I elaborate more on Abby's feelings in that regard later in the chapter.) It really is a shame she feels that way, really saddens me for her, and I think deep down she'd like to believe that she'll be the one to lead the way in the acceptance of magic. :):star:
    Yup she had a bit of a wakeup call (realization) there after the fire didn't she? ;)
    Perhaps she should talk to Sebastian and have him come with her as a backup. I think he would do it in a heartbeat. :heart:
    ^I think he would too. ;)
    So what did Emily make? :grin: You didn't think I was gonna miss that you didn't tell us?
    ^LOL! :lol: That actually won't be revealed until another chapter (still working out how I'm going to reveal it...). But I think you know, I threw out an idea to you having her sew something up for one of the guys. ;) (Not Shane)
    I chose the sleeping bag because when I had Emily nap on that couch she looked so scrunched on it I was like, "Dang, there's no way she could sleep on that and get a good night's sleep because she can't stretch out." :grimace: So the sleeping bag it was. Guess the guys could've brought a spare bed down huh? ;) The thought had crossed my mind, but the sleeping bag was good for Shane's character development. :mrgreen:
    Wasn't that haircutting pose great? :) Can remember where I found it, but I wished it had more action poses with it. That was a bummer.
    Thanks. I'm really beginning to love Leah and Elliott as a couple more and more. <3
    Omg, the pics of Sam are just terrific. I know I've made some of those faces when I've tried to do certain exercises!
    ^Same!!! :joy:
    Yup we got to see a little bit of a deep and personal side to Sam there. ;)
    Haley and Alex! That is pretty much what I expected them to be doing. lol
    ^Yuuuup. :smirk: I'll elaborate more on that later in the chapter. They're acting like Tigers right now! :lol:
    Thank you for your wonderful comments. <3 I always look forward to them and they fill me with happy. :blush::kissing_heart:
    Abigal's outfit is awesome, I like it. Interesting that fire is easy to conjure but water is harder. I wonder if that's part of her personality or just a coincidence. B)

Can I be jealous of Elliot and Alex? :) Wow, its like a college dorm room around there with all the pheromones in the air. :D>:)

Oh, and good luck to Emily, Shane, and Sam, too. :)
    @KevinL5275 Thanks for the comments. Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

Can I be jealous of Elliot and Alex? :) Wow, its like a college dorm room around there with all the pheromones in the air. :D>:)

^Ha ha, I guess so. :lol:
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill I'm sure the wizard is powerful enough to have sensed Abigail's magical skills. It's a good thing he gave the wand to her.
    I like the picture of Abigail and the unicorn.
    The wizard ia a tough teacher, but I'm glad she did manage to put the fire off.
    I wonder what Emily is sewing and who she is going to surprise with it?
    Hard to believe the sleeping bag would feel better than the couch, but I hope Emily is satisfied with her decision.
    It's a shame they don't have an extra bed for her - it wouldn't take any more space than the sleeping bag after all.
    Good boy, Shane! No wonder he feels a bit guilty about sleeping in the bed himself.
    Those are lovely poses, when Emily is caressing Shane's hair <3 .
    He may be sick and tired of being cared for and not being able to be independent, but I'm sure he secretly enjoys Emily's care ;) .
    They have similar sense of humour as well? Sweet.
    Lol @ Leah and Elliott feeling like the parents of the rest of the group. I guess they have plenty of time to live together when they get back to Stardew Valley.
    Poor Sam looks miserable doing his exercize! Sweet that his mother's words keep him going.
    Haley and Alex seem to be having a good time together ;).
    @meerkattime ! I was totally looking forward to your comments. :blush: Thanks always for popping in and reading and commenting. <3 You're so sweet. :kissing_heart:
    I took a few pics of Abby with the unicorn, but felt it best to settle on just one to make room for all the other pics. ;) The Wizard is a tough guy in general. :lol: Funny how he knew about Abigail's magical abilities... 🤔 :p
    Yeah I'd go for a scrunched couch over a sleeping bag on the floor ANY day! (I swear being overweight makes sleeping on the floor hurt more... :( )
    Shane is softening up isn't he? :smirk:
    I'm surprised how many people loved the haircutting pic. :) Just wish I could remember where I found it so I can share...
    He may be sick and tired of being cared for and not being able to be independent, but I'm sure he secretly enjoys Emily's care ;) .
    ^Perhaps. :smirk::p
    They have similar sense of humour as well? Sweet.
    ^I see you caught that. ;) Yes, they do. <3 I may touch a little on that later. :)
    I didn't originally plan for Leah and Elliott to feel like the parents of the group, but it just seemed to happen as my writing went along and I think it's super cute now. :blush: They may be the 'parents' of the group, but Harvey is definitely the leader. ;)
    I can't wait to roll out more for y'all! :mrgreen: Working on it. 🙌
    edited November 2020
    Here's the next part everyone! :mrgreen: I just have to say that every scene in this part of the Chapter is awesome - and I enjoyed writing every word of them - but the scene with Harvey and Penny is my absolute favorite. <3<3 (Perhaps foreshadowing a future Christmas story... 🤔 :smirk: Tee hee! Not this year though.)
    Enjoy! :grin: Lots you don't want to miss in this one!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continuation of Chapter 10

Fall was approaching quickly. It seemed a bit sudden after such a hot day at the beach last week, but this was a whole different world - they all reminded themselves - with clearly its own set of rules. Temperatures dropped quite a bit every evening that week and the leaves on the non-fir trees were beginning to turn golden and red.

Leah suggested to the ladies that it was time to harvest all the fruits from the fruit trees, remembering how much the wasps were picking at the pears the other day. That should’ve been a sign to harvest them then, she thought, chiding herself for knowing better, but shrugged it off. It was better to harvest late with half the edible fruits than to not harvest at all. Abigail kindly offered to assist her. The other girls were perfectly happy to do other things.

50539370347_e1f14f56b1_c.jpg

50538501468_0e71b78ba4_c.jpg

After harvesting the trees, Leah and Abigail decided to tackle the ripe fruits and vegetables in the greenhouse while they were at it.

“So,” Leah began, just as a pesky weed pri'ck'ed her finger, trying to distract from her overly curious inquiring, “you and Sebastian looked a little cozy at the beach the other day…”
    Abigail’s eyeballs darted in her direction, before returning to the grapes. “Oh. Yeah?” She didn’t feel particularly close with Leah to have this kind of conversation.

50539370432_66c61c3081_c.jpg

“You guy’s dating now too?”
    Abigail pushed her previous thought aside. It was an understandable question, given what seemed to be in the water lately. “No,” she simply replied. Not yet...
    A look of surprise wore all over the redhead’s face. “Oh, uh...sorry. I didn’t mean to be so nosy. I just thought--”
    “I understand why you assumed.” She flashed her a kind smile.
    Leah nodded. “Well, you two really seem to have a beautiful friendship and you look great together. Do you think anything will ever happen there?” Then she held a hand to her mouth. “Oops, sorry. That was nosy again.”
    Abigail chuckled. Leah sure picked up the motherly role since they landed here, she thought. “I dunno. Maybe.”

50539370452_676441a0d0_c.jpg

Leah chose not to press the matter any further and simply gave Abigail a nod and a smile before moving on to harvest another row.

Abigail stayed in her crouched position with a frown, worrisome thoughts consuming her mind again. I’d love to tell her how much I want Seb and I to be together, but...I’m not sure what he’ll think of me now when I reveal to him that I’m, she swallowed, a witch. The thought of losing his friendship over such a revelation pained her heart so greatly that her airway began to constrict. She had to dismiss it quickly.

50539370482_946f6accf2_c.jpg

It was no mystery how Sebastian felt about the Wizard in conversations past, pretty much like the rest of the town felt about him: strange, “apprentice to the Devil,” and an essential outcast; though his feelings were a little less heated. That being because the children only knew what their parents taught them about the Wizard and it’s all they really cared to know, except Abigail. Even though Rasmodius had been cast out of town months before she was born her dad always seemed to make it a point to express how evil he is, sometimes unnecessarily. Her mother would just quietly listen with a bowed head, never uttering a word in edgewise or agreement. In fact, her mother never spoke much about the Wizard at all. In which way would Seb react about me?

Abigail shook her head. She couldn’t dwell on it, the revelation was inevitable. It’d been killing her to keep such a secret from her best friend - the man who held her heart - but the reaction of her own parents and the town residents so deeply frightened her about “coming out” that that’s what kept her from doing so. It was certainly a justifiable fear and reason, even though, she thought, if anyone deserved to know the truth about her it was Sebastian.

She drew in a breath and exhaled it slowly to calm her aching soul. She had to believe that Sebastian would understand; that magic is a part of her and there was nothing she could do to get rid of it. Nor did she ever want to. All her hopes clung to that belief. She prayed she’d never have to say to him, “Take me as I am, or don’t take me at all,” because...she loved him and she didn’t exactly know which choice he would make, when she felt like she really should, and that is what was bothering her the most.

For now she just had to figure out when would be the right time to tell him. And it needed to be soon.

During that same time, far away from both houses, Harvey and Penny drove around town to find a nice place to have a picnic lunch alone together. They finally settled on a pretty little park a walking path away from the cemetery. Mostly because its location piqued their curiosity.

A large, old and leafless tree stood prominently at the center of the park, giving off one heck of a creepy vibe to Penny and she was soon to discover why.

“Hangman’s Tree,” she read from the historical landmark plaque embedded in a tall stone. Basically it was the place where all the Appaloosa criminals paid the ultimate price for their unpardonable crimes back in the old days. That’s why it’s just off the cemetery, she thought, a slight chill running down her spine.
    “Wow,” Harvey spoke, gazing up at the tree. “You can clearly see the indentation in that branch where the rope was tied.”

50539370522_0edc35c571_c.jpg

Penny shuddered at the thought. There was a reason she never cared to learn about, or teach about, these kinds of events in history. It was too graphic and disturbing. “Ugh,” she voiced. “It’s just such a cruel way to institute capital punishment. I don’t care what the person did.”
    “Not necessarily,” Harvey kindly corrected. “If they calculated it just right, and positioned the noose properly, the person’s neck would snap instantly, causing immediate unconsciousness before death, so it’d be painless.” He began to go into more medical detail while gesturing with his hands.

50538501583_d589ee8920_c.jpg

“However oftentimes it wasn’t done correctly so…”
    “Baaah I don’t want to hear it!” Penny cried, throwing her hands up to emphatically express it.

50539225876_8fa88c682f_c.jpg

Harvey chuckled, mostly because of how adorable her natural reaction was, and enveloped her in his arms. “I wasn’t going to go into any more detail,” he revealed, “I just wanted to tease you a little bit.”
    “This kind of stuff you don’t tease me with,” she mumbled, nestling her cheek against his; kind of being playful, but mostly not.
    “I’ll remember that,” he said, rubbing his hand up and down her back. “I’m sorry.”

50539370572_d685ec2a29_c.jpg

“Maybe we should choose a different place to have our picnic,” Penny suggested while breaking their embrace. “This place is giving me the creeps now.”

50539225971_845f5f9e05_c.jpg

Harvey could feel the goosebumps on her arms and rubbed at them as he took a quick look around. His gaze settled on a spot behind him. “Let’s try that nice, flat spot down the hill a bit. It’s away from the tree and surrounded by tall and pretty flowering bushes.” He returned his gaze back to her. “It’ll be perfect.”
    “Okay,” she smiled, ever trusting him.

50538501653_2471c9372e_c.jpg

Together they spread out the blanket and promptly sat themselves down. Both of their stomachs rumbled, ready for food.

As Penny pulled out the plates and utensils from the basket she asked Harvey how the compounding had been going so far that day. He told her it was mostly going well, but his face fell as he expressed continued concern about foreign illnesses that might befall them especially during the cold season, regardless of none of the locals being around to transfer anything like she mentioned to him before. This world was strange and evolved in a way very differently from their own, he expressed. Because of that, Harvey wasn’t going to put anything past it. Or more so, he wasn’t going to put anything past the Wizard, as this quest was beginning to feel like a great test to him, more than what they all previously surmised.

50539368247_2eb8da2b96_c.jpg

For a moment, Penny thought on what to say for comfort. “I’m sure we’ll still be okay,” was the best she could come up with. “I’m learning that it’s best not to worry about something when it hasn’t even happened yet or you most likely end up feeling miserable over nothing. Though I know that’s easier said than done!”
    “Yeah,” he puffed.
    She then reached over to take his hand and his eyes met hers. “It’s good that you’re doing your best to prepare for whatever might happen, and I love that you care so much about the well being of all of us,” she expressed. “I knew you naturally did as our town physician, but I didn’t realize just how deeply you cared. Especially for someone like Shane,” she had to add to ease the tension in his soul.
    It worked and they both chuckled.
    “You’re such a good man Harvey...so underrecognized back home. I wish everyone there could see what I see in you.” She smiled with a blush. “Maybe after this whole experience they will.”

Her words filled his heart with warmth, almost to the point that tears pri'ckl'ed behind his eyes. I love you, he wanted to say, but that was such a big expression he felt she might not be ready to hear from him just yet. Instead he went with, “Thank you Penny. That means a lot to hear you say.”
    “You’re welcome. It’s kinda nice to see you worry sometimes,” she smirked, “it makes me feel like we’re all the more perfect for each other.”
    Harvey grinned. He couldn’t agree more.

They went on to talk about all sorts of different things. Home, this time in Appaloosa, the others, even the quest came up again, as they enjoyed their meal.

50538499238_e066ee38cc_c.jpg

When they finished and cleaned up, Penny pushed the basket far off to the side so they could stretch out and relax on the blanket together. Sometime during all their talking, Harvey ended up resting his head on Penny’s lap and she gazed down into his eyes as he spoke, stroking his hair, not minding at all. She couldn’t ever remember being in a happier setting than in this moment.

50539223566_39d39e0b94_c.jpg

In turn, Harvey was very much feeling the same, rubbing at her back and thinking how gorgeous she looked hovering above him with such a captivating look in her eyes. He was about to tell her as much until she spoke.
    “Do you remember that first Christmas you spent in Pelican Town, working under Doctor Harris just before he retired?” she asked, continuing to stroke his hair.
    The gentle touch of her fingertips on his scalp aroused him, but he was paying attention enough to remember. “How could I forget?”
    Her face beamed. “I was hoping you’d say that. It was the best Christmas ever! You and Doctor Harris went way out of your way to make it special for me and my mom, after her health scare. I’ll never forget it.”
    He lifted a hand to stroke her cheek. “It was the least we could do, especially under the circumstances.” He wasn’t just referring to her mother’s health, but their poverty. “Plus we also had to make sure that our patient’s teenage daughter got exactly what she’d been wishing for that Christmas when her mother lay in a hospital bed.” He winked. “If I recall, it was something you’d been asking for for a couple of years.”
    There came a bright, cheeky smile. “Yes! And I still have it.”
    “I’m glad.” He blushed.

“So,” Penny went on, shifting her weight a bit, but keeping Harvey’s head in her lap, “I have to ask: Who’s idea was it? To do all that for us?”
    Harvey’s eyes darted from one direction to the other, playfully responding, “I dunno…”
    Penny chuckled and leaned in closer to his face, her lips almost touching his as if to coax. “It was yours wasn’t it?”
    “Guilty,” he gave in.
    There came a faint squeal. “I knew it! Because honestly it didn’t seem like something Doctor Harris would go out of his way to do...no offense to the man.”
    Harvey gave a slight bob of his head in agreement. “It took a little convincing,” he smiled.

Penny’s grin grew brighter as she stroked his cheek, a grateful look in her eye. “That was so incredibly sweet of you Harvey. I never got over it. That might’ve been when I developed a little crush on the new, young and cute Doctor in town.”
    Harvey’s blush turned a crimson red. “Well...you were pretty cute back then too.”
    Penny’s mouth dropped. “You thought I was cute!?”
    “Well,” he halted, “you were a minor and I was in my twenties so I didn’t think it with that kind of affection. Anyone can notice when a person is beautiful, no matter what their age is.”
    Her eyes sparkled. “Well, I’m sure glad I’m not a minor anymore...”
    “Oh gosh me too…”
    “Oh Harvey!” She rolled her body on top of his, pleasurably surprising the man, and began intensely kissing him, expressing all of the deepest affections she’d carried for him all these years. In a matter of seconds he had made her feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet and her inner tiger started coming out. It surprised her even, but she liked the feeling too much to pull back.

50538499208_83574e5e22_c.jpg

Moans began to be expressed between the two, following every kiss. Harvey stopped them for a moment to remove his glasses and carefully toss them aside before rolling Penny onto her back and taking over.

50538499178_3472b8909d_c.jpg

His body and soul burned with desire as their lips and bodies continually collided in a vigorous, sexual motion. “Oh Penny…,” he breathed, kiss after kiss.

50539368162_4d81a95991_c.jpg

His hand soon began wandering from her hip up into her shirt and Penny breathed her consent in his ear, but that’s when he realized...they needed to calm down. For a variety of reasons, even though it was horribly difficult to do.

Harvey planted his hand on the ground, along with the other, and rested his face in the nape of her neck, breathing heavily. “We should stop.”
    Penny nodded breathlessly, but couldn’t help feeling disappointed. “I really don’t want us to,” she whispered.
    “I know, me neither,” he said while lifting his head and flashing her a smile. “You have no idea. But there’ll be a time and place for that; when we’re both truly ready. Not here, not yet.” He stroked her cheek in assurance.

Not ready!? This moment is perfect! Then Penny suddenly remembered something. She once overheard Harvey indirectly tell Alex’s grandmother - who was prying about his love life at the Spring Festival - that he preferred to wait until marriage to consummate a relationship. It impressed the old woman and it certainly made Penny admire him all the more as that was a rare custom these days. Even she sometimes felt it was the best way to go. Sometimes. Does this mean...he’s thinking about marrying me or...is he unsure? She couldn’t help the immediate sinking feeling in her stomach, as he lifted her up onto her feet, but figured he most likely stopped them because it had to do with the respect he carried for her and she could always feel that.

Harvey took her face in his hands and very tenderly kissed her forehead, sensing her thoughts. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing about you. I just want to make sure we do this right.”
    “I know…” she exhaled into his chest.

50539368147_149f718fd1_c.jpg

“I care about you too much.”
    “I know that too,” she looked up at him with a smile. See? Respect. “And you know, putting aside the events of that Christmas, I can see why my mom has actually grown to respect you. Not just as a Doctor, but as a person.” She tried to hold back the tears from forming. “I very much share that same respect.”
    Harvey smiled with relief, his eyes gleaming, as he leaned in and kissed her deeply again. Gosh how I love her. She’s the girl for me and someday soon I’ll tell her. “Well your mother’s rare given respect is one I’d certainly hate to lose especially since I’m courting you,” he said.
    That too shed some light on the situation. “True!” Penny expressed. Her heart no longer pounded, but fluttered wildly for him again. He’s so amazing. I’m falling in love…

Meanwhile at the guy’s house, Shane finally got himself up and dressed for the day while Emily was taking a break from her vigil. She called Haley to see if everything was alright and Haley simply told her that everything was great.

“Sorry I haven’t visited or anything,” Haley casually apologized, “I’ve just been a bit occupied with Alex lately.”

50587020118_5de23b915b_c.jpg

Emily could almost feel the smirk on the other end. It was no mystery that her sister was having sex with Alex, but she didn’t realize just how much sex they were having. She really didn’t wish to press for any details like most sisters do and certainly hoped the two were being wise in their sexual intimacy. Not that any advice she had to give, Haley would take anyway. “Okay, well I shouldn’t be here 24/7 for too much longer. Shane’s getting better each day and,” she sighed, her heart aching from the dreaded, but inevitable event, “I’m not sure how much longer he’ll need me to stick around you know?”
    “Yeah, well you’re really better off,” came the frank reply. “Honestly, I’m surprised you’ve lasted this long with him.”
    “Like I said, he’s getting better. He’s changing,” Emily said with a cheerful smile playing across her lips.
    “If you say so,” Haley doubted, her gum smacking into the speaker. “You certainly are a trooper sis. He sure doesn’t deserve all you’re doing for him.”

Emily’s cheerful face turned into an unamused one. “That’s not why you help people Haley, whether they deserve it or not. You do it to spread kindness to the world, hoping to leave a mark in someone’s heart to which they in turn will want to--”
    “Yeah, yeah I know,” came the interruption. “Listen Em, Alex is ready to go swimming at the gym so I’ll catch you later. Take care of yourself over there. Bye!”
    “Take care of yourself too,” Emily said, hearing the line cut off mid sentence. She glanced down at her phone and irritatingly shook her head. So much for that. It was time to check up on Shane again anyway.

When Emily entered the bedroom, Shane stopped from his pacing. He actually felt his heart skip a beat as she graced the room with her presence again.

“Hey. You okay?” Emily asked at his odd and unusual face expression pointed at her.
    Shane blinked a bit. “Uh, yeah,” he replied, going back to pacing. “Just...trying to think of what to do today, instead of laying around in this boring room.” He kicked some dirty socks on the floor into a corner.
    “Oh? Are you thinking of maybe coming out and hanging with the others?” Emily hinted at with a sly smile.
    “No,” came the swift reply, “not ready for that.”

Emily lowered her gaze, thinking she understood, then stepped forward. “So how are you feeling?” she asked, turning toward the bed to make it for him.
    “Okay, I guess,” he shrugged, his eyes involuntarily watching her hips sway from one side of the bed to the other. “Still feeling a little shaky, but at least my head doesn’t hurt.”
    “That’s great!” She broadly smiled. The first day it wasn’t a complaint since his detox started. “You’re making such great progress. Before you know it your body will be whole again.” She turned away from him to clear her throat, trying to swallow the lump in it. The bed was all made up.

“You really didn’t have to do that you know,” Shane told her, stepping closer. “You’re not the one sleeping in it.”
    “Yeah, well, I wanted to.” She flashed him a smile. “Besides, unmade beds kinda bug me. It makes the room look messy.”
    There was a slight shake of his head before Shane rubbed at the back of his neck, his emotions shifting. “Speaking of the bed,” he started, “I was uh, thinking earlier, umm...if you wanted to have the bed tonight, or whatever night, that’s, uh, cool with me. I can take the floor.”

50539223886_315f782ee7_c.jpg

He quickly glanced away and feverishly scratched at his neck.

Emily’s jaw almost fell slack with surprise at his offer, but mostly she was just extremely heart-warmed by his thoughtfulness and felt so proud of him. He IS changing! She knew that wasn’t easy for him to say so she gave him a pleasing and grateful smile. “Why Shane, that is very kind of you to offer,” she expressed. “Thank you. I may just take you up on it.”

50539368477_9aa0f8e5ef_c.jpg

A small, almost imperceptible smile appeared on Shane’s face before it disappeared. His heart suddenly pounded. Once again Emily’s beautiful smile was getting the better of him. He also couldn’t help admiring her cleavage that was so alluringly on display when normally it never is. I swear she gets prettier every day, he randomly thought. Wait...what!?
    Emily chuckled at his face expressions, only imagining what he was thinking. “Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable there.”
    “No,” he quickly said, “you didn’t, I just,” he stopped to pinch at the bridge of his nose with a sigh. “I think my head still hurts a little after all.” Though he knew it didn’t. He enjoyed these feelings, but they made him feel uneasy. Too many changes happening too fast, he thought. He stepped away from her, expelling a breath to decompress. His right arm suddenly trembled more rapidly so he smacked his left hand on it to steady it.

Emily then sat down on the edge of the bed, crossed her legs, and rested her hands in her lap. “So,” she began to ask him, “when you said you aren’t ready to see the others, why is that?”

Shane turned and shot her an unamused look. He knew what she was doing, especially with the way she was sitting. “What is it time for my therapy session or something?”
    A corner of Emily’s lip turned up. “Yeah. If you say so.”
    He rolled his eyes.
    “Hey, I offered my ‘services’ to you,” she playfully said, then turned serious. “If you don’t want to talk that’s fine, I respect that, but...there’s really nothing else to do…,” she trailed off, spreading her hands apart.
    She said that on purpose! Shane thought, scowling. However, he let out a loud sigh in mild surrender as he approached the wall, pressing his forehead upon it. Doesn’t matter what I say or do, she keeps wanting me to open up. I guess it has been helping a little. I just don’t know why she cares so much about a schmuck like me when her time could be better spent elsewhere. On someone who’s deserving of it. It wasn’t thought out of frustration, but out of a believed truth. A truth he created over the years and for the first time in all those years, he was beginning to dislike it.

Emily pulled her legs up and crossed them on the bed, respectfully waiting with patience; voicelessly telling Shane that he didn’t have to speak, just like before, simply that she was here for him. To listen. Shane noticed and could no longer pull a blanket over his eyes to her graceful devotion, and maybe he felt a little touched by it. Maybe he was realizing how much he needed it. He returned his forehead to the wall and started talking.

He revealed that he wasn’t ready to see the others yet because he knew he would have to apologize to every single one of them, due to the way he so horribly treated them, and was afraid they wouldn’t accept it or believe he was being sincere. He really couldn’t blame them. It was the first of many steps in starting anew and it terrified him.

50538499558_a9748c58a3_c.jpg

“Especially Harvey,” he emphasized. “He saved my life in spite of everything...and that makes it all the more difficult to apologize to him.” Emily knew that already, but it was wonderful to hear Shane acknowledge it.

He went on to talk about all the remorse he was beginning to feel, over everyone he hurt and let down in his life, about his poor choices, and how making it all right was deeply overwhelming him. “It’s why I never really wanted to get clean, even though I knew I desperately needed to,” he admitted. “It all just felt too hard to fix and...it’s true.” He sat himself down on the edge of the bed. He wasn’t sure exactly how to deal with all these previously buried emotions; how to come to terms with putting aside who he used to be and move forward as a better version of himself. The real version of himself. He also expressed that he greatly hoped he could keep the alcohol out of his life forever when they returned home. His hands trembled again, not just due to the lingering withdrawal.

Emily caressed his back as she listened and told him that staying sober would require a conscious effort each and every day, and it would be hard. No point in sugar-coating it. She also told him that he may very well have slip ups, which he can’t beat himself up over, but that he’s shown he can rise above it all...and could do it again. “Anyone who can’t forgive you for slipping up when you have a serious genetic addiction, isn’t worth your time,” she bluntly stated and she’d never know just how much it meant to Shane to hear her say it. Anyone who truly loves you will understand, she wanted to add, but was afraid of revealing herself.
    “After going through this hell though,” Shane uttered, “I don’t ever wanna slip up.”

50539368497_443485e33d_c.jpg

Emily smiled. “Good. Always remind yourself of that. It will give you strength.”
    He nodded, greatly hoping. “I guess I could get used to drinking soda instead or JojaMart’s sparkling water. It’s really not bad…”
    “There ya go!” She patted his shoulder with a smile.

At some point during the conversation, Shane slipped down to the floor, resting his back against the side of the bed. Emily’s body shifted from her head being at the head of the bed to the foot of it.

“I still worry I’m going to screw everything up in my life, due to my track record,” Shane muttered, leaning his head back, “even while being clean.”
    “You won’t…,” Emily comforted.
    He gulped, hoping she was right. “And,” he hesitated to say for a moment, “I’m afraid of raising Jas because...I’m a poor excuse for a parent and she’ll probably want nothing to do with me when she gets older.”
    Emily frowned at his feelings in that regard and turned her body to where her head hung down right beside his. “I understand how you can feel that way. But you know, you really can’t worry about that,” she counseled, “even though I know it’s hard. You just work on being the best you can be for her, every single day, and that will be enough.”
    He gave a slight, unconvinced nod.
    “From what little I’ve been able to see, Jas deeply loves you. She totally looks at you as her daddy. You’ll always have her in your life.”
    “I hope you’re right,” he sighed, trying to hold back the tears. Thinking of Jas always seemed to bring them on and Emily’s words just then contributed as well. “I just...hope I never let down anyone who’s ever cared about me again, and lose them for good. Jas, Aunt Marnie, you…”
    Emily brightly smiled that he included her and it filled her heart with overwhelming joy and warmth.
    “...cause then I’ll really have nothing - or no one - to live for.”

Emily inched forward, unable to keep from wrapping her arms over his shoulders and pressing her cheek against his with love. He didn’t flinch, like she wondered, letting her know she could safely stay in that position and say exactly what she wanted to say. “Don’t you worry about that because...I’ll always be here for you Shane. No matter what. You’ll never lose me.”

Her words and the soft, yet fierce touch of her cheek eased the anxieties of Shane’s soul and calmed his aching heart, more than he ever thought someone’s words or touch could. He wholeheartedly believed her because she had more than proven herself in the past few days. How is it that someone could be so amazing? He thought. And that someone found and cared about a mess like him? It really boggled his mind. More and more he was finding it hard not to allow Emily’s immense kindness and friendship to take hold of his heart. Gently he tugged at her arm until she released it from her other and wove his fingers together affectionately with hers. It created a surge of pleasurable heat between them both and their hearts pounded. “Thank you,” he whispered, caressing and then squeezing her fingers with great emotion. For a moment, he didn’t want to let them go.

50539368542_4b565a591e_c.jpg

“Why do you care so much about me?” he deeply asked her. “I’d been just as horrible to you as I’d been to the others. I don’t understand…”
    Emily could feel a lump in her throat again as tears formed upon her eyelids. She thought carefully on how to respond. “Because you always seemed like someone who was desperately crying out for help amidst all that rudeness and anger and...I could never seem to ignore it.”
    There was a long pause as he squeezed her fingers again. “Then it would seem...you knew me better than I knew myself.”
    “Well,” she blushed, feeling flattered. “A lot of that was you being consumed by your addiction, but...I’m just really intuitive. That’s all.”
    Shane nodded. “I heard Gus say that once about you.”
    “Oh did he?”
    “Yeah. I didn’t think much on it then, but,” he turned his head to look into her eyes, “I guess it’s really true.”

Emily’s smile beamed and she hoped her cheeks weren’t shining just as bright. His words and sudden change in demeanor were greatly filling her heart up with hope and excitement. Was she witnessing a miracle here? She prayed it was there to stay as she pressed her cheek against his again.

:blush:
    Oh and I have to throw out this perfect song to end this part of the Chapter with. :blush: I have officially dubbed it Emily and Shane's song forever. <3<3
    (Okay, it's more what Shane is thinking, but it's all good. ;) ) Give it a listen and you'll get the feels and see just how perfect it is. :star:

"Your Arms Feel Like Home" ~3 Doors Down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnux4N46rzE

@emorrill Update! Yaay! I love the pics of them gardening. That was nice of Abigail to help. I don't blame her for not wanting to open up to Leah. It doesn't seem like they were very close friends, to begin with. I just don't picture her or Elliott as the parents in the group. They were pretty much wrapped up in each other from the get go. I don't really sense anyone as a parental figure. I guess Harvey has more of an authoriative role because of being a doctor and was perceived as the oldest even though we found out it wasn't true.
    I think Abigail needs to be honest with Sebastian especially if she wants the relationship to be more. If he rejects her than he didn't really love her :cry: and even though it hurts it is better to find out sooner rather than later. She sure is suffering though trying to decide what to do. Bite the bullet girl and talk to him! :grin:
    Yeah, I kinda agree with Penny that the Hangman's tree is not the best place for a picnic!
    Cute Harvey teasing her!
    I love Harvey's more casual outfit!
    Great conversation about his concerns and how Penny encouraged him with his caring attitude towards everyone.
    That was nice that he provided a nice Christmas when she was younger. So what was the present she wanted that she got?
    Penny is very smart to realize it was the young doctor and not the old one that instigated the good Christmas for her and her mom.
    The picnic pictures are terrific. Things certainly got heated but Harvey should tell her he loves her soon!!!!
    I understand him wanting to wait but he needs to reassure Penny so she has no doubts about his feelings.
    Nice to see Haley briefly, being a snot as usual. :grin:
    I like that Emily is feeling a bit down about Shane not needing her around much longer. Let's hope that Shane continues to seek her out once she is back at the girl's house. It sounds like he is going through a step program to right the wrongs and I sure hope none of the others are horrible to him. I can see Haley being a total brat though. I hope they are able to realize how sincere he is. It sure sounds like he has been giving it a lot of thought.
    I wonder how long it will be before he realizes that Emily is in love with him.
    You did an awesome job of making Shane more likable from the je. rk he has been.
    The pics you picked were perfect with the story. I loved it!
    Good song for Shane!
    @bekkasan Okay here we go! :smiley: I've been looking forward to your comments on this one with great anticipation. :mrgreen:
    I just don't picture her or Elliott as the parents in the group. They were pretty much wrapped up in each other from the get go. I don't really sense anyone as a parental figure.
    ^I can understand that. Elliott is the oldest out of the guys and Leah is the oldest out of the girls and since they're dating they figure, "Hey, we've gotta be the mature and parental ones of the group while we're here." It's more a joke than actual fact. ;) Harvey on the other hand, is definitely the leader. :star: He stepped up to that role from the get-go.
    Bite the bullet girl and talk to him! :grin:
    ^Hee hee! :lol: Yes, she really does need to talk to Seb. I think it's safe to say, based on Seb's thoughts and actions towards her in previous chapters, that there's a big chance he loves her too so... ;)<3
    Yup, I would never want to picnic near an old hanging area either! :flushed: (Do you ever sense that I write a lot of myself in Penny? :smirk: )
    I thought you'd get a chuckle out of Harvey's teasing. ;)
    I love Harvey's more casual outfit!
    ^Thanks. :blush: I figured it was time to show him in something a little more...well...casual. :)
    So what was the present she wanted that she got?
    ^I knew you and @meerkattime (and possibly others) would ask me about the present. :mrgreen: Good thing I came prepared! Hee hee!
    I didn't reveal the present because I wanted to leave it up to the reader to imagine what it might've been. :) Basically whatever it was they really wanted as a teenager, but most likely never got because it was too expensive or whatever, I wanted them to picture as the gift Penny got. In my mind though, it was something like a Walkman/MP3 Player or a CD player. She still has it and it still works. :blush: (And most likely she still uses it too. ;) )
    Penny is very smart to realize it was the young doctor and not the old one that instigated the good Christmas for her and her mom.
    ^Yes. <3 And it's very likely that her mom had a few negative things to say about the old doctor, that were probably true, which kinda rubbed off on Penny and therefore got her thinking it most likely wasn't Dr. Harris' idea. But she didn't know for SURE so she couldn't help asking Harvey about it to see if she was right. ;) I would've squealed if I learned I was right about it too. :mrgreen:
    Aww, you called the picnic pictures terrific. Thank you. :kissing_heart: It was a JOY setting them up! <3
    Don't worry, Harvey will tell Penny soon that he loves her. In the meantime he'll show it to her in every possible way. <3
    Nice to see Haley briefly, being a snot as usual. :grin:
    ^LOL! :lol: Yes! That's Haley...
    I like that Emily is feeling a bit down about Shane not needing her around much longer.
    ^I'm glad you caught that. :smirk: I'm hoping everyone did.
    Things are really looking good between her and Shane right now, he'd sure be a da'mn fool not to pursue her further when this is all over...
    Oh it's very likely Haley will still be a brat to Shane. :( (Not if Emily can help it though...) But maybe something in this Quest experience might help change her as a person too, who knows?
    You did an awesome job of making Shane more likable from the je. rk he has been.
    ^Thank you. 🤗 That means so much.
    I figure, if a couple found him decent enough to entrust their child with, there's gotta be something good about him right? ;)
    Glad you approve of the song. :blush: (I was happy you did when I shared it with you earlier. :) )
    Thank you so much again, for the sweet comments and for the laughs too. :lol: I always enjoy the heck out of them. <3<3
    edited November 2020
    I know you thrive on feedback but I'm sorry I don't know what to say, this is just another awesome chapter in your story. I love reading your works because you take the reader on a roller coaster of all the emotions with great story-telling. :D

And, yes Shane, Emily is wearing a nice top today. o:)

Love the poses with Harvey and Penny, oh my! <3

And Haley looks great of course. B)
    I know you thrive on feedback but I'm sorry I don't know what to say, this is just another awesome chapter in your story. I love reading your works because you take the reader on a roller coaster of all the emotions with great story-telling. :D

@KevinL5275 ^Aww, thank you my friend. :blush: That's so kind of you to say. <3

I was waiting to see how you'd react to this chapter. :smirk:;)

I love all comments no matter how short or basic they are and yours make me smile every time. :)
    Indeed, Haley is a very pretty sim and that makes me feel bad having to portray her as such a stuck up snot! :lol: Here's a close up pic of her in CAS that I shared on the main thread which you might've missed. :p

Pretty-Haley.jpg

Another little bonus picture for y'all. :blush:

This is one of those "eat your face" kisses! :lol:<3

Screenshot-11.jpg

<3 I love these two. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top