Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @KevinL5275
    Oh my gosh, his pain. :'( Its so not fair.
    ^No...it never is for anyone. :cry:
    I don't know if I can bear it to read what you write about Haley's version of the breakup. Don't you break my girl's heart. <3
    ^Boy I can tell you right now, you don't have much to worry about. ;) Haley's hurt is a little less painful since she wasn't in love with him the way he was her.
    Thank you. <3 I can't wait to share more! If I have some time this evening, after visiting with family, I just might. (Hear that Bekkasan? :smirk:<3 )

@Silverofdreams30
    I feel so bad for Alex though I can't help him look so smexy in those screenshots even if he's all sad and distressed.
    ^ :smirk: Hee hee hee. I was hoping that's what your reaction would be. Calling him smexy. <3 He totally looks hott with the flat, messy hairstyle. :love: I couldn't wait to show it off to all you ladies. :mrgreen:
    I hope Maru will be his queen in shining armor or dress and come help him out of his misery, I wonder if she is the one that can help him heal.
    ^This is so cute. :blush: Maybe so...you'll have to see. ;) Sorry to make you wait. :kissing_heart:
    Thanks for the comments. <3

@bekkasan I always love hearing how much you loved an update. :blush:
    Poor Alex though. I know he loved her, but she is not worth all that angst. When he discovers his true love he will realize that all he felt for Haley besides lust was puppy love. :smiley:
    ^Indeed. 👍 And yeah she really isn't worth all the angst...
    Your pictures of his despair are awesome!
    ^Thank you. :grin:
    He's my least favorite guy too. :lol: But yeah I felt pretty bad putting him through so much sorrow. But the Goddess here knows what's good for him in the long run. ;)
    Yes, he needs a push out of this!
    Love his scruffy face though! He doesn't need to clean that up. :grin:
    ^I'm debating on whether to leave that on or not. :smirk:
    Glad you liked Harvey's wise words of wisdom. :mrgreen: I was afraid it would come off as cheesy to the audience, but...it's the truth. :star:
    Now, I'm gonna kick Maru's but.t for not helping her friend in his time of need and letting him wallow in self pity. I know their friendship is new but jeez. Sam was much better about helping Haley, even though she really didn't need it because she didn't really love Alex she just felt bad hurting him. I'm still not fond of Haley. :lol:
    ^Lol! :lol: (I know I already told you this but...) Maru had her reasons for not coming around. Hopefully I can reveal more very soon. :kissing_heart: Sorry to leave you on a teaser. :p
    Thank you for the sweet, honest, and humorous comments. <3 A joy to read as always.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill
    Thank you. <3 I can't wait to share more! If I have some time this evening, after visiting with family, I just might. (Hear that Bekkasan? :smirk:<3 )

Perhaps they will all be exhausted from the driving and flying and go to bed early! :grin: Write girl, write! :lol:
    I'm teasing. You go to sleep too so you can enjoy visiting with them tomorrow. :heart:
    @bekkasan I deeply apologize that I could not surprise you with more of the Chapter that evening. :kissing_heart: (You too @KevinL5275
    and the rest of you). But I know you understand. <3

I wanna share more SO bad! But the new content still isn't polished. (I know, I know...I need to toss my perfectionism aside sometimes. ;) ) But really it's due to the fact of having my parents visiting and we're having such an enjoyable time together that I haven't had time lately to polish it. :) They will be heading out Tuesday afternoon. :cry:

For now though, allow me to present this teaser picture of Alex. :blush:

Y'all know that he also hasn't been my favorite male character, but I may just rank him above Sebastian and Sam now. :love: J/K.....sorta. :lol: It's amazing what just a change in hairstyle can do to one's appearance! :grin: I hadn't planned on keeping it cause it was supposed to look casual and unmaintained in his depressive state, but I'm really really really liking how sexy it makes him look. <3<3<3

Enjoy!

Smexy-Alex.jpg

More of the story to come soon my friends so stay tuned! :blush:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love Stardew Valley and your Sims and story came out so good.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    But I know you understand. <3

I wanna share more SO bad! But the new content still isn't polished. (I know, I know...I need to toss my perfectionism aside sometimes. ;) ) But really it's due to the fact of having my parents visiting and we're having such an enjoyable time together that I haven't had time lately to polish it. :) They will be heading out Tuesday afternoon. :cry:

Yes we totally understand!! Parents and family are way more important than Sims, so you take your time and enjoy the holidays with your family first! Then you write and polish your story when you're ready. We'll still be here. Waiting. Patiently. Waiting.... :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

spending time with family is the most important, so don't feel bad we know you will post
    when you are ready!.
    @KevinL5275
    Yes we totally understand!! Parents and family are way more important than Sims, so you take your time and enjoy the holidays with your family first! Then you write and polish your story when you're ready.
    ^Thank you buddy. 🤗 <3
    We'll still be here. Waiting. Patiently. Waiting.... :D
    ^Hee hee. Thanks. :blush:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you too sweet lady. <3

@Scobre
    I love Stardew Valley and your Sims and story came out so good.
    ^Aww, thank you so much. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. And welcome! :grin: Feel free to comment any time.

***I'm planning to have more posted very soon!***
    edited December 2021
    @bekkasan Here's your morning reading with your cup of coffee. :mrgreen:<3

More is ready everyone! :smiley: Enjoy!!!
    (Remember we left off in Alex's bedroom, after Harvey left. ;) )

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 17

Meanwhile, Haley giggled as Sam carried her piggyback up the stairs of the girl's house. They’d been talking for a while in the living room - she did most of it - about the breakup again. Never had a man given her such sincere attention and a listening ear to all her woes, except for maybe her father. It felt really nice.

Sam’s sage advice on how to move forward in her life impressed her greatly. No doubt his parents set a powerful example about how to handle life’s struggles and raised him well.

“Why are we going up here again?” she asked, gripping his chest tightly as her bum bounced up and down from the ascent.
    “Because,” came the breathy reply, “it’s time to do something fun. Take your mind off everything.” They made it to the top.
    “And what is that?”
    “Video games!”
    “Noooo! I’m not good at those!”
    He smirked. “Lucky for me.”
    “You b**thead!”

51787144314_cc351e75e0_c.jpg

The first game they played was a racing game, which was Sam’s forte, so naturally Haley was losing miserably at it.

51787144409_c8b8b36025_c.jpg

“I told you I’m not very good at video games! This isn’t fun...,” she lightly pouted. “I wanna play something else.”
    “Oh alright,” Sam granted. He changed the game to ice hockey.

This one was a little easier for Haley; mostly because she just alternately mashed all the buttons and somehow became a challenging match for her opponent.
    “Yeah! Gotcha puck!”
    “I’m coming for ya girl! So enjoy that puck while you still got it.”
    “Bring it buster.” She tried to suppress the nervous gulp in her attempted confidence.

51785706407_cf49374496_c.jpg

Their battle for the puck intensified. Each one wanting to make the goal for their team, no matter how brutal it would get.

51786523296_4342ed9f5c_c.jpg

“YES!” Haley cried as she finally made the first goal. “Oh yeah! Look at me again! Kicking your pro-a$$ butt!”
    “No, that was just one goal. The game's not over yet.”
    “Oh…Right,” she realized with a grimace. Sam thought it was adorable.

Yet when it was over, Haley somehow made more goals than Sam and it honestly flustered the gamer guy. He tried to not let it show as she stood up from the couch and danced, relishing in her victory, while he dropped the controller onto the couch.

“Winner!” Haley playfully declared while pointing at herself, then pointed at him. “Loser!”
    Sam just shook his head. “I don’t get it. Why do you keep kicking my butt at games you claim to be terrible at? Video or not?”
    “I dunno!”
    “Beginner’s luck, that’s what it is. It’s driving me crazy! C’mere you! I want a rematch!” He burst up from the couch to grab her.

Haley screamed and ran toward the staircase, but Sam rolled over the back of the couch and gained on her enough to pin her between him and the wall.

“Gotcha!” he expressed, leaning into her for good measure. “You aren’t going anywhere now.”
    Haley smiled brightly at him as she gladly accepted her capture. Folding her arms, she gave him an alluringly inviting look and asked, “Oh yeah? What do you plan to do with me then?”

51786777028_f3ef20a16c_c.jpg

Sam blushed - his imagination going wild at the question - and leaned in closer, arching his neck, his lips greatly desiring hers once again. And as much as they both might’ve wanted that…it was still a bit too soon. Mostly for Sam, he couldn’t do that to Alex; moving in on Haley so quickly after the breakup. It wasn’t right, even though his and Haley’s souls were desperately longing for each other, more so in the past three days than ever before. Their relationship level suddenly shot up to best friend status - almost as if this was how it was supposed to be between them all along - and it felt wonderful. Predestined. He knew she felt the same way and he’d been dreaming of it for so long. But he’d have to wait a little while longer. The right time was just around the corner. He could feel it.

Sighing and drawing back with a smile, he suggested, “How about we go outside and do something non-competitive. Make a snowman or…whatever you wanna do.”
    Haley blushed, appreciating him all the more. Most guys would’ve just kissed her in that moment, without any second thought, but Sam was different. A different she was really beginning to love. “I’d like that.”
    “Be sure to bundle up good alright? It’s nasty cold out there and I’d hate for you to get sick.”
    Her blush turned brighter. “I will.”

First thing the two did was find the perfect spot of untouched snow and made snow angels.

51786523606_a3794a7d9b_c.jpg

“AH! Mine looks AMAZING!” Haley happily cried! “Take my picture with it!”

She struck an excited pose as Sam readied his phone camera and did just that.

51786523746_5e0e63a84e_c.jpg

He chuckled. “Adorable. Now take mine.”

His cheering gesture wasn’t quite the pose that Haley was expecting, but it was a typical one for Sam. “You’re such a dork!”

51787145209_05aaf6cf91_c.jpg

“Ready to make a snowman?” Sam asked. “Guess we should find the stuff to dress it up with first eh?”
    “We won’t need it,” Haley quickly dismissed. “Once we build the snowman, something magical will happen. Just wait and see!”

51787397880_4612700b62_c.jpg

“Alriiiight!” Sam cheered while pointing a finger. “Now that is a good lookin’ base!”
    “Duh!” Haley agreed. “So you gonna help me build this thing already or what?”

51786524186_0491befd50_c.jpg

“Sorry…I just like watching you work,” he smirked.
    “Whatevs,” she dismissed with a grin. “Now get your butt down here already. I can't do this alone.”
    “Okay, okay,” he teased.

51787145624_78d075c3a3_c.jpg

When the three balls were perfectly formed, Haley stepped back and studied the snowman carefully.

51787398355_9c3e277bc9_c.jpg

“Okay…It’s perfect. Any minute now it should–”

*poof*

“See!” she happily cried. “Cool huh?”
    “Wow! Yeah!”

The two exchanged smiles for a moment.

51786778303_e0a2b363bf_c.jpg

Then Sam noticed Haley begin to shiver - looking incredibly cute in the process - so he couldn’t help taking her into his arms to warm her up. “It’s more cold out here than I thought…,” he said while rubbing at her back.
    “Y-Yeah,” her teeth chattered. “I could go for some hot coffee, cocoa, cider, or anything hot!”
    “Well then, let’s go inside and get ourselves some of that!” His lips were beginning to shiver now too.
    Haley gave off a smirk at his double entendre, to which he smirked back. “You know what I meant…”
    “Uh huh,” she teased.

51786778578_b3dd57d502_c.jpg

During and after a cup of bland, instant hot cocoa, the two were yawning something fierce.

“Guess neither of us slept very well last night huh?” Sam asked.
    “Guess not,” Haley agreed, yawning again. “Oh my GOSH! Yawning is so annoying! I think a big part of it is that I still feel so cold! I really shouldn’t be! What’s wrong with me lately?” she asked, rubbing the goosebumps on her arms.
    “You’ve been through a lot in the past few days…”
    “Yeah…” There was a bit of silence before she spoke again. “I’m trying really hard not to think about it. Cause I don’t want to cry again.” She lowered her head. “I hate crying.”
    Sam nodded.
    “You ever lost a best friend before?”
    He drew in a breath. “No, actually,” he responded while releasing it. “But…all I have to do is think about Sebastian being dead and I can kinda understand how you feel.” Geez that was lame!
    Haley expressed a light titter, but her smile quickly turned into a frown. “Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to see him again…It would make it a whole lot easier to move on.”
    “I know…but unfortunately,” he sighed, “we live in the smallest town known to man!” He expected her to laugh at that, but she didn’t.

“I hate it,” she strongly expressed, a tear escaping. She couldn’t help it. It was a number of things now, not just due to the loss of her best friend. Sam tenderly put his arm around her.

Somehow amidst all the crying and comforting the two ended up in Abigail and Maru’s room, where the one double bed was located, cuddling on top of the covers. Haley still felt cold and Sam wanted to do all he could to warm her up.

Just before he was about to drift off to sleep, he breathed in a couple of strands of her hair and coughed, promptly spitting them out. “Sorry,” he sleepily expressed, resting his forehead into her neck again.
    “Mmm…it’s okay,” came the equally sleepy response. “My hair’s annoying…Some days I just feel like cutting it off…Do something different…for a change…” She could feel Sam’s nod on her neck.
    “Do whatever…makes you happy.”
    “Yeah…”

Soon they were breathing slowly and softly in the warm comfort of each other’s arms. Sam’s foot tenderly caressed Haley’s in his sleep, while his arm pulled her in close to him every few seconds. The two hadn’t slept so soundly in weeks and for a little while, all felt right and peaceful in the world.

51787398765_5c1f1ab410_c.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the guy’s house, Maru gazed out the window of the "medical lab" as the sun was getting ready to set behind the hills. Various thoughts consumed her mind; the same thoughts that had been swirling around for the past three days since Alex abruptly walked away from her after the breakup.

51787398900_39dc95d9ac_c.jpg

Clearly he needed some time alone to grieve and process everything which was completely understandable. However, she couldn’t help thinking with some distress, He must’ve felt so angry that I witnessed it, having a feeling he knew that she did. Or maybe it was more embarrassment. I’m probably the last person he wants to see. On top of it all, Haley called out Alex’s flirting with her during the argument and that especially made her feel uneasy; even a twinge responsible for the separation even though she really wasn’t. That’s what held her back from seeing him. But the spirit of their newfound friendship worked tirelessly to persuade her otherwise.

“For goodness sake!” she finally decided in a whisper. “It’s been three days! Just go see him!” She’d never felt so ridiculously conflicted in all her life - over a boy even - and she was beyond ready to squelch such feelings and move on. Life was too short!

As she turned for the exit, her feet came to a halt. There stood Alex, surprising her once again with his presence as if he were a ghost. She almost slapped a hand to her heart. “Gosh, you startled me.”

51786778913_9700a06659_c.jpg

“Sorry.”
    “Is there a reason why you keep doing that?”
    “No. It just…happens that way,” he answered with a shrug, giving off a faint smile.

51787399225_508d8407d4_c.jpg

Maru’s lips cracked a smile in return. “Well, it’s good to see you. I, uh,” she fiddled with her hands as she stepped closer, “was just gonna go find you actually. I’m sorry I didn’t check in with you sooner…I figured you probably wanted to be left alone for a while.”
    He nodded.

“So…how are you doing?” she tenderly asked, studying his countenance a bit. She liked how different his hair looked. It tickled her senses a bit.
    “Okay I guess…,” he sighed, looking away. “What’ve you been up to?”
    “Oh,” she began, looking away herself, “not much…just doing more research. We’re experimenting with the antibiotic a little more. Seeing if we can rework the formula so the side effects aren’t so bad.”
    “Cool.”

51787399405_f1a6872d8c_c.jpg

His unenthusiastic tone towards that made her soul feel his heartache all the more. “I’m so sorry about the breakup Alex. Really, I am. You two have been best friends for such a long time and…it’s never easy when something throws a wrench in that." She found herself thinking about her friendship with Harvey for some reason, even though it didn't quite compare. "I hope things will be okay between you two someday.”
    “Thanks,” he appreciated.

51787146969_f6a2a0942a_c.jpg

A faint, uncomfortable silence filled the room for a moment as both tried to figure out what to say next.

“I need to find some things to do to keep me busy,” Alex spoke. “Cause when I’m bored that’s when all the pain and heartbreak returns and…I need some relief from it. I need to try to move forward with my life. I can’t keep going like this.”

51785709002_5195235877_c.jpg

Maru gave him a proud smile.

51786525911_d6faba532e_c.jpg

"I can practically feel my grandpa's cane canning my butt while he's ordering me to 'buck up,'" he tittered.
    Maru chuckled at the thought. Good old grumpy Grandpa George.
    “I was thinking...maybe you and I could do something like, oh, say, chemistry?” He winked.
    A bright grin lit up her face. “I guess we could do that. In the structure of my lab though, you sure as heck won’t be blowing anything up!”
    He laughed.

51786526121_e5b2d6cc6f_c.jpg

“Oh but,” she started, as she realized something, “we’d have to go back to my house and…Haley’s there. Are you okay with that?”
    He shrugged. “I’m gonna have to deal with seeing her eventually so, I’ll be alright.”
    “We can sneak in if need be.”
    “Okay.” He smiled. Her thoughtfulness - and being back in her presence - was making him feel better already.

51785709462_a951b87239_c.jpg

“Alright, let’s go! I’m done here. Who’s driving?”
    “Actually…I was thinking maybe we could jog there? I need to exercise…”
    “In this weather?” she asked with an incredulous look on her face. “NO thank you!”
    “Oh alright,” he accepted with a grin. “Guess I forgot about it being winter again. Although running in the cold makes for a much more intense workout because–”
    “Yeah yeah Mister Athletic, I know how it does, but that still doesn’t mean I want to do it.” She opened the door and started down the stairs.
    Alex sighed as he followed behind her. “Once again Brainiac…you’re no fun,” he playfully said.

Thankfully for the two, Sam and Haley exited Maru’s bedroom after their nap only a few short minutes before she and Alex headed up to dabble in some chemistry; barely missing each other.

Maru was an incredible teacher to Alex of course…

51786780298_626efe0fe0_c.jpg

51786526611_26f56faf89_c.jpg

…and in turn Maru considered Alex to be a pretty decent student. Much better compared to their high school days.

51787148109_f7a3bd5e83_c.jpg

51785706162_5b65ea5da9_c.jpg

He’d grown in so many different ways these past six months and she truly loved witnessing it. Mostly because she never imagined she would, or feel so impressed if she had.

51785710142_5a0538f27f_c.jpg

Despite being polar opposites, the two were beginning to discover that there truly was some attraction going on between them. And by the law of magnetism, of course there was! Hinting, ever so subtly, this whole time, at how much their differences actually complimented each other and brought out the best in them, in a way that no other friend in their life ever had. It was quite enlightening and...delightful, especially to Maru.

She could finally admit that Alex was a good friend to her now, and she hoped that nothing would ever negatively change that.

:blush:

To be continued, of course. ;)

You feeling the new connections yet @KevinL5275 ? :smirk:;):kissing_heart:
    @emorrill

Such a great continuation of the chapter, nice to see the both of them shape up after the breakup,
    especially Alex since Hayley did not care as much about it like him.
    Loved all the poses you used, great ones I always find it difficult to place the sims correctly
    when using a pose, it's not that easy haha.

Sam and Hayley are cute together, we can see they fit much better personality-wise.
    “Gotcha!” he expressed, leaning into her for good measure. “You aren’t going anywhere now.”
    Haley smiled brightly at him as she gladly accepted her capture. Folding her arms, she gave him an alluringly inviting look and asked, “Oh yeah? What do you plan to do with me then?”

Sam blushed - his imagination going wild at the question - and leaned in closer, arching his neck, his lips greatly desiring hers once again.
    Haley blushed, appreciating him all the more. Most guys would’ve just kissed her in that moment, without any second thought, but Sam was different. A different she was really beginning to love.

Same here, Sam, same here. <3B)

I love Maru's hairstyle. :) Never thought I'd see Alex working the chemistry table. :D

Good thing the four of them missed each other. I'm not sure they're ready (nor us) for those fireworks yet. >:)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:
    I always find it difficult to place the sims correctly
    when using a pose, it's not that easy haha.
    ^You know the secrets of the Alt button right? :smirk:;)
    Sam and Hayley are cute together, we can see they fit much better personality-wise.
    ^Yes. :blush:

@KevinL5275 Hmm. So would you be the one to lean in and kiss Haley in that moment, or pull back and wait until the time was truly right? :smirk: Hee hee!
    Yeah it seemed a little weird to see Alex doing the chemistry stuff too to be honest. :lol: I think Maru was thinking he looked pretty good in a white coat. :smirk::p I almost added that into the story, but I didn't feel right to, so I didn't.
    Good thing the four of them missed each other. I'm not sure they're ready (nor us) for those fireworks yet. >:)
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3

I just realized I haven't posted ANY of Chapter 17 onto my Blog yet! :flushed: I gotta fix that tonight!
    @emorrill

I must have forgot that alt button thibgy.
    emorrill wrote: »

@KevinL5275 Hmm. So would you be the one to lean in and kiss Haley in that moment, or pull back and wait until the time was truly right? :smirk: Hee hee!
    Yeah it seemed a little weird to see Alex doing the chemistry stuff too to be honest. :lol: I think Maru was thinking he looked pretty good in a white coat. :smirk::p I almost added that into the story, but I didn't feel right to, so I didn't.
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3

Only if she told me she wanted me to kiss her. :)

Can't wait to see you write that interaction. B)
    edited December 2021
    @emorrill Sorry I didn't have time to comment yesterday morning or evening. I was brain dead by the time I got done with the paperwork and still have a bit more to finish this morning before heading out to work. :astonished:

I thoroughly enjoyed the update on the chapter.
    It's lovely seeing Sam so happy. You write that very well and the fact that he is not rushing her proves to me how much he loves and understands her. I hope he continues to take things slow so that Haley has time to grow up...if she ever does. :grin: She needs to learn to understand and love herself and that she is not better than every one else. ok...off my soapbox with her. :lol:
    The piggyback pose is so cute. I have those but never found a good use for them.

I was really happy to see Alex come out of the room. I totally miss the fuzz on his face though. :cry::tongue: I'm glad that Maru was going to see him. I really pictured Alex more as the type to grieve and get really mad and then throw himself into his regimen to the point of exhaustion rather than wallow in his room. You know your characters though and he is a more sensitive soul then he shows to others.
    "I can practically feel my grandpa's cane canning my butt while he's ordering me to 'buck up,'" he tittered.
    I loved that!

Gosh, I'm shocked he picked chemistry rather than some sport or game they could do together.
    Despite being polar opposites, the two were beginning to discover that there truly was some attraction going on between them. And by the law of magnetism, of course there was! Hinting, ever so subtly, this whole time, at how much their differences actually complimented each other and brought out the best in them, in a way that no other friend in their life ever had. It was quite enlightening and...delightful, especially to Maru.
    Great insight in their relationship.

Probably a very good thing Sam and Haley were not found napping together in Maru's bed. Even if they didn't do anything that is just gross. I don't like that Sims can just lay down anywhere in any bed. That's so creepy! :lol:

I like Maru's new hair. Gives her a more romantic softer look.
    It's freezing cold outside. Why is Maru wear a tank style top? :lol: Is she that hot and bothered by Alex? :grin: I can understand if that is the case.
    Same question about Haley's inside outfit. I'm just curious about why you choose those styles for them in winter. I kinda know Haley is a bit of a diva and likes to show her stuff.
    @Silverofdreams30 It's okay, it's an easy button to forget. <3 But yeah in the future when some poses don't clip right, think "ALT" and you have the power to fix it at your fingertips! :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275
    Can't wait to see you write that interaction. B)
    ^Me too actually. :smirk: I hope I can deliver it well. :blush:

@bekkasan Yay! (I always get excited to see that you commented. :mrgreen: ) No worries about the delay, I know you've been busy lately. :kissing_heart:
    It's lovely seeing Sam so happy. You write that very well and the fact that he is not rushing her proves to me how much he loves and understands her.
    ^Thank you. <3 That's what I was hoping was being portrayed. :)
    Lol! You may begin to see some self-love developing in Haley soon. ;)
    Yeah I was glad to finally find a use for a piggyback pose. I was afraid it would look lame and I don't think it clipped right so I had to use Alt, but it worked out. Thanks!
    I was really happy to see Alex come out of the room.
    ^Yep. We don't need another Shane situation, right? :joy: (Of course Shane's situation was totally different...)
    I knew you would miss his scruff when I removed it, sorry. :p He's the type that prefers to be clean shaven. ;)
    I really pictured Alex more as the type to grieve and get really mad and then throw himself into his regimen to the point of exhaustion rather than wallow in his room. You know your characters though and he is a more sensitive soul then he shows to others.
    ^You hit the nail on the head in the last part there. ;) He does have a sensitive side that he hides because he always wanted to come off as strong and tough because his dad would always tell him otherwise (that he was worthless and would never amount to anything...) Isn't that awful? I don't know how anyone could treat their child that way, but hey...just going with the Stardew Lore. :p
    Oh and I totally knew you would like Alex talking about his Grandpa canning his butt! :lol: I was very happy to see you point it out. :grin:
    Wanna see what his Grandpa looks like? :p
    George.png
    Gosh, I'm shocked he picked chemistry rather than some sport or game they could do together
    ^Yeah. Perhaps he's still not in the mood to do something sporty. Or, he wanted to do something that appealed more to her interests. :smirk:
    I don't like that Sims can just lay down anywhere in any bed. That's so creepy! :lol:
    ^Lol! It is. :lol: I was thinking a while ago that I should just go ahead and replace everyone's beds with double beds (so the couples can be frisky), but...the houses are so small - really the rooms are - that most won't fit one double bed, let alone two. Makes me sad. :( I'm sure I could figure something out, but I got lazy. :p
    It's freezing cold outside. Why is Maru wear a tank style top? :lol:Is she that hot and bothered by Alex? :grin:
    ^Umm, Yes! :lol:;):p
    Same question about Haley's inside outfit. I'm just curious about why you choose those styles for them in winter.
    ^Well, like you said Haley always wants to show off as much skin as she can. :p But really, I forget about the seasons sometimes when I'm stuck playing with my sims inside their house and staging a scene. I figure, if they're inside the warm house most of the time they will dress comfortably. (We all like to be comfortable indoors. ;) ) Then if they have to go out they'll throw on their coats, gloves, earmuffs, and boots by the door. That's how we did it in Utah. ;)
    Anyhoo, your comments were a joy to read and respond to. Thank you. <3 I look forward to sharing more (where you will see more of Shane. :smirk: )
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2022
    @emorrill I've been on a hiatus from The Sims 3 and mostly from these forums too for a couple of weeks. I've been a bit busy with work and then playing some other games, and the truth is I still haven't managed to install all my store content on the new computer :# . I've been playing The Sims 3 a couple of times on the old one, but now that I do have a better laptop and I peeked in the game ;) enough to see that the graphics look soooo much better on it, I don't feel that motivated to play on the old one, especially as I'm afraid that that the computer breaks completely if I do so... Anyway, I have to find the time to install the rest of my missing stuff and get back to playing :blush: .

I feel so sad for Alex :cry: . Losing someone who's been both the best friend for a long time and the first love too is just so painful :( .
    I agree with everyone that Alex looks great in your pics even though he's sad ;) . There's so much emotion in those pictures of him grieving.
    Poor Alex. No wonder he just wants to get home in those circumstances. Being stuck in this new world surrounded with nothing but a small group of people, including his ex, and a bunch of android :🐸🐸🐸🐸. Doesn't sound like the kind of life I'd like to have either.
    "The wrong girl, is the right girl, to lead you to the best girl." I like that ;) . I hope Harvey is right.

I think you should keep that new hair on Alex :love: .

Haley doesn't seem to be struggling too much. Well, Sam is a great support for her ;) . They really seem to be a good match for each other too.
    I like it that Sam wants to wait a bit longer before moving on with Haley <3 . That would be just too cruel to Alex, and it also shows that he's serious with her.
    I hope it's just the weather that makes Haley feel so cold, and just the hair that makes Sam cough :# . Otherwise they'll have to test the new antibiotic soon :# .

I think Maru should go see Alex anyway. She's by no means the reason they broke up, even though Haley did see them flirting. And she should know that much.
    Exactly Maru, now put your big girl pants on and go see him ;) .
    We all like Alex's new hair, not just you Maru :p .
    Like Maru, I hope things will be ok between Haley and Alex someday :/ . Not as a couple anymore of course, but as some sort of buddies. Losing your best friend for good is hard.
    Looks like Maru's company might be helping Alex out of his sadness eventually.
    They have snow or at least they did at the winter festival - not a good idea to go jogging out there :# ! I know some people do - I see them every day - but I'm so scared of breaking my bones every time I go out to even walk this time of the year :lol: (I'm in Finland in case you don't remember, so we have snow and ice in the winter).
    Cute chemistry lab. That wooden floor looks great compared to any wooden floor I've seen in my game.
    I'm glad Maru can be proud of Alex now when he works at the lab - he's no longer the highschool kid he used to be ;).

Umm, what alt button thing are you girls talking about :open_mouth: ? I think I'm missing something.

I hope you had a great time with your family during Christmas time <3 ! I had a weird Christmas, since it was the first one after my father died, and I spent every Christmas with him during his long illness. This year I just brought a candle to his grave, and spent my time with my best friend and her husband and my stepsister's family. It was nice to see my sister though - she's got two small kids, so there's always a lot of family action in the house ;) .
    @meerkattime Hey girl. Thanks for popping in. <3 (Even though I was just teasing ya earlier. ;) ) I always enjoy reading your comments.
    Sorry to hear you've been busy and haven't been able to play your game or check the threads. :( Oh yeah, installing Store content takes FOREVER! :confounded: Do you own the Store? ;) I don't, but I have bought enough from it that they all take a while to install. I hope you find some time to do that so you can play the game on your righteous new laptop! :smiley:
    I feel so sad for Alex :cry: . Losing someone who's been both the best friend for a long time and the first love too is just so painful :( .
    ^It really is. :cry:
    No wonder he just wants to get home in those circumstances. Being stuck in this new world surrounded with nothing but a small group of people, including his ex, and a bunch of android :🎁🎁🎁🎁. Doesn't sound like the kind of life I'd like to have either.
    ^I chuckled at this because YEAH! :lol: Not sure what was censored there. :p
    Someone from church quoted Harvey's quote there to me years ago when I was young so I can't take all the credit for it. :p I love it!
    As you can see I decided to keep that hair on Alex. :smirk:<3 Hee hee! He really looks so so sexy with that hair.
    Yep, Sam is a good guy. <3
    I hope it's just the weather that makes Haley feel so cold, and just the hair that makes Sam cough :# . Otherwise they'll have to test the new antibiotic soon :# .
    ^LOL! True! I didn't think about that honestly! :lol:
    I'm pretty sure Alex and Haley will be civil towards each other someday, especially since it's inevitable that they'll see each other often, but their friendship won't be the same unfortunately. :(
    Oh I know it! I dunno how people go for a run in the freezing cold. :open_mouth: Winters in Finland sound similar to winters in Utah, maybe a little colder. ;)
    That wooden floor looks great compared to any wooden floor I've seen in my game.
    ^Thanks! They are my favorite cc wood floors of ALL time! :grin: They are from Cakenoodles. This should be a good working download:
    http://sims3planet.net/новости/Sip-wood-floors-conversions-by-Cakenoodles
    Umm, what alt button thing are you girls talking about :open_mouth: ? I think I'm missing something.
    ^So when you're holding a posed sim (or even regular objects), press and hold down ALT to move them around better (to fit objects in spaces better), especially to connect poses that don't automatically snap together. It's SO helpful! Try it out and you'll see. :)
    We had a lovely Christmas here with my parents. <3 I didn't think about how it would be your first without your dad. :cry: I'm sorry. That is hard. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} But I get the feeling he was with you in spirit. <3 And I'm glad you have other family nearby that you could spend the holiday with. Send me a PM any time to let me know how everything else is going. Sorry I haven't been the best pen pal...
    :kissing_heart:
    ***Preview picture of the next part***

This happened during posing. :joy:

Screenshot-19.jpg

🤣

I haven't written this stuff up yet, but will start tomorrow. Stay tuned everyone! <3
    Hey everyone. :blush:

Here's more of Chapter 17! :star: I'm still touching up the scene with Emily and Shane - and the scene afterward - that I previewed above. ^ So for now I'm going to post the little bit that I have ready in hopes that it will calm me down a bit - which will help me write better - knowing that I'm not keeping y'all waiting any longer. :kissing_heart: I should have more ready not long after this. 👍

Enjoy the next part. <3 We left off at Maru teaching Alex some chemistry stuff, just about 4 days after the breakup.

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 17

That night, on the other end of the cosmos, it was nearing closing time at the Stardrop Saloon.

51815339585_c2dc57b11f_n.jpg

Gus, the owner, was doing a final wipe down of the bar. When he wiped around Pam’s glass she shot him a “do you mind?” look to which he just gave her a playful shrug, hoping the gesture would get her to talk because she was unusually quiet this evening. Twenty years he’d been serving this woman drinks and he knew her woes and troubles better than God himself it seemed. But ever since her daughter and the eleven other “kids” from town disappeared she hadn’t been very forthcoming about her feelings on the matter, even while dead drunk. It seemed very…odd to him.

“Five minutes until we close,” he informed her. All the other customers had already taken their leave.
    Pam sighed and took another drink from the almost empty glass.

Resting his hands on the edge of the bar now, Gus leaned in toward her and asked, “So how long have they been gone now?”

51814622806_12d1008c8e_t.jpg

The woman knew what he was doing and gave him another stern look. “Almost seven months,” she answered just to get him off her back.
    “Finally!” He grinned.
    She rolled her eyes.

51814622736_f78d30bd47_t.jpg

Then a gloomy aura overshadowed the Bartender’s face as he stared out the nearest window, shaking his head. “It sure has been quiet around here since their disappearance…I’ve forgotten how hard it is to run this place without Emily’s help.” He truly missed her and her cheery disposition. It was needed in his Saloon, more than he realized.
    “Maybe you should hire on that snooty mother of hers," Pam tartly suggested. "Give her something to do other than mourn endlessly with her husband day after day in that mansion of theirs…”
    Gus’s eyebrows bounced. “Wow. Is that a hint of green I see flashing in your eyes?”
    “H**L no! I just don’t understand moping around all day grieving for your children when they’re just absent, not dead!”

51814963854_01725d62e8_t.jpg

“So the Wizard told you all that they’re safe?”
    “Yeah! Well,” her voice cracked, “mostly…” A lump began to form in her throat as she recalled. “He told us that only they were in control of when they return, but even with his protective spells…the quest is not without its dangers.”

“So,” Gus paused with puckered lips, “there’s a chance that they could die? Never to return home?”

51815339675_33efdfc577_t.jpg

Pam’s chest tightened at the thought she had continually tried to push away and immediately went on the defensive when these kinds of feelings showed up.
    “So it’s not completely ludicrous that Emily’s parents would be mourning the absence of their daughters as much as they are. Especially when they haven’t been very present in their lives.” He lowered his head to meet Pam’s eyes better. “And you know…it’s okay for another mother to mourn too…”
    “My Penny wouldn’t die out there!” she snapped, the choke still present in her throat. “She is strong! Unlike that blonde bimbo of theirs!”

With a slight grin, Gus rested his folded arms on the bar and looked the woman straight in the eye. “You know, I think that’s the nicest thing I’ve ever heard you say about Penny.”
    “Oh come off it!” she responded in defense again. “I’ve said nice things about her.”
    In reply, he simply shook his head in a sad objection.

It hit Pam to the core because…it was true. She was never able to express much praise or show a whole lot of love towards her daughter because she never wanted a child to begin with. Penny was a not so pleasant surprise right after the marriage, so the girl always felt like an inconvenience and a burden, especially with how poor they were. Raising her was so stressful and tedious for Pam that she turned to alcohol more than she ever had before; nevermind the presence of an undiagnosed mental health disorder that no one of her generation dared reveal lest they end up in a mental institution. Her persistent drinking bothered her not so understanding husband and he had a hard time handling it, to the point that he had an affair. One day he decided he wanted a divorce. To add insult to injury, in Pam’s mind, he left her all alone to care for their daughter, declining sole custody with the excuse that he feared Penny would turn out just like her and he didn’t want to deal with it. Pam couldn’t help feeling like he did that out of spite to punish her for her “sins.” It made everything in life worse, especially for innocent little Penny. He did agree to visit Penny sometimes, mostly on her birthday and Christmas to go on a daddy-daughter date for the day, but then he’d leave again, being no better of a parent to her than Pam was.

Pam always knew she was a poor, pathetic, alcoholic mess that really should’ve tried a lot better to properly take care of and love her kid, even herself. But so much held her back that made it feel like she wasn’t ever capable of doing so. Asking for help only meant more weakness. And there was always this hope that someday the day would finally come when she’d get the chance to make things right in her world, especially with Penny. When she could finally sober up, but now…she feared the day would never come. She ran out of tomorrows. Because as much as she wanted to believe that her daughter was strong and would get through the quest, it wouldn’t surprise her if Penny was already dead; from a panic attack or a freak accident or whatever. The girl was too fragile. That possibility was eating the old woman up inside, slowly killing her soul, and leaving her with nothing but painful feelings of regret. She couldn’t allow anyone to see it, even her most trusted friend and confidant who was standing right before her.

Perhaps this is what she ultimately deserved for being Stardew Valley’s worst mother of all time.

51815339650_f243edabd4_t.jpg

Gus tenderly placed his hand on hers, knowing her thoughts more than she realized. “I’m sure she’s alright Pam. I think all those kids are discovering a strength within themselves that they never knew they had…They’ll make it back. Even Marnie’s jacka$$ nephew.”
    They laughed.
    “Doubtful…,” Pam muttered, lifting her glass. “He can barely make it through life.” Which was painfully relatable. She took one last drink.
    “You never know…”

Pam slapped the glass down onto the bar, expressing a loud sigh in the process. “I have a feeling Penny will be coming back with one of those boys as her boyfriend.”
    The man co'ck'ed his head. “What makes you think that?”
    “Think about it Gus…”
    He nodded as he did; it didn't take long to realize. “And you have a problem with that?” he teased with a raised eyebrow.
    “Only if it’s not the man I approve of,” she replied, looking him in the eye.
    Gus gaped. He didn’t think she approved of any of those guys, or anyone for that matter. Though sometimes he hoped she approved of him. “And who might that be?”

51814622846_b891fceed9_t.jpg

Pam simply gave him a smirk. Wouldn’t he like to know. Despite what he believed, she didn't tell him everything. She stood up from the barstool and replied with, “The Saloon is closed now Gus. See you tomorrow night.”

51813660417_e19886e889_t.jpg

51814728993_673553d02d_c.jpg

The next day was Harvey’s birthday. He was turning 33.

Penny naturally took charge of all the preparation and activities for it; the activities being playing a couple of board games by the fire in the living room of the guy’s house with jazz music - his favorite - playing in the background. She would’ve liked to have everyone present for the occasion, but due to the continuing drama from the break-up, Haley didn’t show up. She did express an apology for being absent via text, which Penny appreciated, expressing that she still wasn’t ready to be around Alex yet. Sam played the first board game, but then took off to join Haley at the girl’s house when they started the next game. Harvey and Penny understood and waved him off. There were no hard feelings.

Though Alex had a hard time enjoying the celebration because Haley was still avoiding him. He wished she’d just “rip the bandage off” and come over already. Neither of them could hide from each other forever. And he wasn’t blind to what was most likely developing between her and Sam as well. He chose to block out those feelings for now.

The day ended with Harvey blowing out the candles…

51814965784_6b7147708b_c.jpg

…and opening presents after eating cake and ice cream. It was just the kind of chill birthday he preferred - thoughtfully orchestrated by his love - and he enjoyed every minute of it.

He especially loved the moment right before opening presents when Penny whimsically jumped into his arms and kissed him, whispering in his ear that her birthday gift to him was simply herself. It was mostly a joke, of course she had a present for him.

51815341540_4855c070bd_c.jpg

Nonetheless, he lowered her down onto her feet and tenderly kissed her lips again with all the appreciation and love he held in his heart for her.

51813662022_43a6f4123e_c.jpg

“That’s all I need,” he whispered back, nuzzling his nose against hers.

It was the happiest birthday he’d had in many years.

The next morning Sam whistled the tune to the new song he was working on as he cooked up a breakfast burrito. He took it and a cup of coffee with two biscotti to the dining table and sat down. One bite into his meal and his eyes rolled into his head as his taste buds danced. “Mmm!” he expressed. This was a restaurant quality breakfast burrito and he wasn’t sure how he did it, but he kind of had an idea; albeit a silly one. He smiled, thinking about her again and took another big bite. Life never felt so great.

Not long after finishing the burrito he found Sebastian plopping himself down into the chair beside him and Abigail joining in at the head of the table. They wore bright smiles on their faces, clearly encouraging him to speak. Or rather, to spill the beans.

Sam acted nonchalant as he asked, “What’s up guys?”
    “What’s up with you?” Abigail asked with a smirk.
    “...Nothing much…”
    “Word on the street is,” Sebastian began, gesturing with his hands, “Haley’s back on the market.”

51814965359_62ea8425e3_c.jpg

“I heard…”
    “And we’ve noticed how much time you’ve been spending with her lately,” Abigail toothy grinned.
    “So you gonna ask her out already!?” Sebastian blurted out, playfully punching his buddy’s shoulder.
    Sam sighed, lowering his head. “Look guys,” he raised it up again, “she just broke up with Alex.”
    “So?” Sebastian dismissed.
    “So I don’t wanna just swoop right in and make her mine simply because she’s finally available. I wanna do this right.”

51814728353_586afa07aa_c.jpg

Impressed, Abigail smiled proudly at him.
    “Besides, I don't need to come off like a jacka$$ and give Alex another reason to hate my guts.”
    “Who cares what he thinks!” Sebastian exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

51815340800_b8a4df7beb_c.jpg

“He’s never cared about you. He blew it with Haley so now’s your chance! I mean, dude, you’ve been waiting for this for–”

“Seb,” Abigail tenderly stopped, “your feelings are understandable, but Sam’s doing the right thing here.” She turned her gaze toward Sam as she continued, “and I’m proud of you for being so thoughtful and mature about this, and showing such respect to Haley; even Alex. If your mom and dad were here, I know they would be proud of you too.”

51815340610_283a355e6f_c.jpg

“Thanks Abby.” He smiled.
    Sebastian shrugged and simply slumped into his chair, blowing up at his bangs. Guess they’re right… He still had an issue with Alex hating on his buddy for no good reason though. Sam was giving the guy way more grace than he honestly would.

“You care a lot about her don’t you?” Abigail asked Sam, seeing the twinkle in his eyes.
    He nodded. “I love her,” he sincerely declared. “I really do. My life is beginning to feel empty when I don't see her every day.”
    “You know…earlier I didn’t approve of your interest in her,” the purple-haired girl somberly admitted,

51814786203_8be3d50b8c_c.jpg

“...but both of you have changed, in very good ways, and I’m beginning to see now…how happy you make each other and what a good fit the two of you really are.”
    “Same,” Sebastian concurred, turning his head toward his buddy with a smile.
    “Thanks guys.” Sam’s face beamed, his heart touched. “That means a lot.” He hadn’t felt this happy in a long time. “I’m pretty sure she’s falling in love with me too, she just…still needs a little more time. But it’s okay, I’ll wait. I already have been. She’s worth it.”

51813660967_2c4ec2abba_c.jpg

Abigail released a squeal between her clasped fingertips at his sweetness, but quickly composed herself. “Well, don’t rush her now. We ladies appreciate a man who respects our need to take some things slow.”

51814964369_63ae731af1_c.jpg

“Whatever,” Sebastian teased with an eye-roll, but concluded with a wink.

“And hey! Think of all the double dates we could go on! Ooooh, I can think of a few fun ideas already!”

51814623046_3b038409b7_c.jpg

Sam and Sebastian shot unsure glances at each other as they mumbled, “Oh…uh...dunno about that…”

“OH COME ON! We are SO doing it!”

To be continued. :blush:
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I must admit, I´ve had some trouble with what´s what in the "what happened in your sims game"-thread. Now it all makes sense :D
    I think Sebastian and Emma are probably my favorite characters. I read through up until page 9 so far. Good job, I like the story.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    @emorrill

This was a nice post to read last night before I headed to bed.
    Abigail gave some wise advice to Sam, I love how careful he is and not
    jump into a relationship and just waits until a better time.

@emorrill Woot! <3 Was so happy to read this when I got home from work yesterday. Sorry I ran out of energy to comment after finishing my paperwork and calls.

I love the beginning conversation between Gus and Pam. Kinda seems like Gus might have a crush on Pam. I'm not sure why, she's an awful person! :s She would have been better served to let someone else raise Penny in a happy loving home. I'm amazed Penny turned out as well as she has with only a few issues with a mother like that! Goes to show that environment doesn't always make the person.

Happy Birthday to Harvey! :) That was a nice day and actually I'm glad Haley stayed away! >:) Drama is not needed on birthdays and she always seems to create drama when she is around.

Cute pictures of Harvey and Penny enjoying hugs and kisses. :love:
    Haha, reading about Sam's meal made me hungrier than I already was!

I enjoyed the conversation with Sam, Abigail and Sebastian. I'm glad that Abigail doesn't mind disagreeing with Sebastian and telling him that. And Sebastian took it gracefully and thoughtfully.

I sure hope Sam thinks Haley is worth it in the end. Love is blind. :tongue: I think if Haley learns to love and care about others more than herself she will be worthy of Sam's love. She didn't go to the party because she wasn't ready to be around Alex, not that she didn't want to upset Alex by coming.
    lol about the double dates. Sam and Sebastian were not crazy about that idea!
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill

If someone disappeared for 7 months I'd be convinced I'll never see then again. Yeah, it does look like Pam is actually more worried than she wants to show, but still, Penny is her daughter - you'd think she'd be worried sick :s !
    Poor Penny :( . Not easy to grow up with parents like that.
    Fortunately we know that Penny is just fine and Pam is probably going to get a chance to try to make things right with her ;) .
    Oh, sounds like Gus is a little bit interested in Pam :open_mouth: . Funny that Pam already guesses that Penny is no longer single :p . Now I'm trying to think which one of the guys would be the one Pam would approve of... And it's very hard to think it's Harvey, but I sure hope so ;) .
    Alex is recovering quite quickly from the breakup. I thought he would be the one who doesn't want to be around Haley for a while, but I see it's the opposite.
    Cute picture of Penny jumping into Harvey's arms <3 .
    I'm happy for Sam that his best friend (and Abby of course) are so supportive about his feelings and potential future with Haley, even though neither one of them really likes Haley that much. But at least they've noticed that she's been changing and want to show support to Sam. It definitely makes things easier for Sam.
    I love how you incorporate the other Stardew Valley people in your story. And the first picture of the town covered in snow is just gorgeous. :)

I see Abigail and Seb got their hair colors back. :D

I like how they're already setting up Sam with Haley, but nothing about Alex and Maru. (yet....)

Still waiting for the family feud when they all confront each other. >:)B)
    Hey everyone. :) Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been feeling blah blah lately. :pensive: Not like I need to be coming down with anything else when I'm 85% sure I caught the lovely, new Omicron COVID variant over Christmas break...

Anyhoo!

@ZhakiraP
    I must admit, I´ve had some trouble with what´s what in the "what happened in your sims game"-thread. Now it all makes sense :D
    ^Ha ha, understandable. :lol: I'm glad! :smiley: Thanks for catching up. :kissing_heart:
    Aww, Seb and Abby are your favorites. <3 They are good kids. :blush: I can't wait for you to see all that I have in store for them that you may have missed. :) (Especially Abby.)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks. <3
    Abigail gave some wise advice to Sam, I love how careful he is and not jump into a relationship and just waits until a better time.
    ^Yeah. Sam is a really good kid. <3 I didn't care for him initially, and he's still not one of my favorites of the bunch, but I always knew he had a good heart in him and I wanted that to definitely shine through in this story, one way or the other. Oh and I never doubted that he's a kick-a$$ musician either. :smirk:;) I mean, the hair says it all! :joy:

@bekkasan You never have to worry about the late replies to my posts. :kissing_heart: 🤗
    It filled me with so much happy reading your text about how much you loved the bar scene conversation. :mrgreen: I worked SO hard on that scene, mostly because I hit a wall on adequately describing and portraying Penny's terrible parents and past that it took a bit to work through it. I'm glad I came out victorious. So that meant a lot to hear. <3
    I'm amazed Penny turned out as well as she has with only a few issues with a mother like that! Goes to show that environment doesn't always make the person.
    ^Right!? That's exactly what I thought when learning about her and Pam's backstory from the SDV game! :open_mouth: It kinda blew my mind and in a way, didn't seem realistic to me. However, the more I thought on it, I began to imagine that what Penny endured made her see what kind of person (or life) she didn't want to be (have), so she just followed her heart and buried herself in the service of others to forget her own problems. :star: And that's what shaped her into the beautiful person that she is. (So she very much IS a strong one Pam! :p )
    That was a nice day and actually I'm glad Haley stayed away! >:) Drama is not needed on birthdays and she always seems to create drama when she is around.
    ^LOL! :lol: You crack me up! Cause you aren't wrong. ;)
    Hee hee at Sam's delicious burrito making you feel hungry. :mrgreen:
    I enjoyed the conversation with Sam, Abigail and Sebastian. I'm glad that Abigail doesn't mind disagreeing with Sebastian and telling him that. And Sebastian took it gracefully and thoughtfully.
    ^Thanks. <3 Means they are a good couple that's going to last. ;)
    Love IS blind. :smirk: And I think you may be on to something with this:
    I think if Haley learns to love and care about others more than herself she will be worthy of Sam's love.
    Wait until you see what I already had written and in store for the next update. :blush:
    I think the guys are like, "We just wanna be alone with our girls, not double up and have it take away from our intimate time." :lol: I really take a lot of what I saw and heard from my two older brothers growing up and incorporate it into Seb and Sam. :blush: They remind me of them in so many ways, though neither are musicians. They are classic car guys. :grin:
    Thanks for the sweet and humorous comments as always. <3

@meerkattime Hey girl! Thanks for popping in to read. :kissing_heart: I always appreciate it.
    Yeah Pam definitely has some relationship issues...and emotional ones too. Makes you wonder what her childhood was like, but then again you kinda don't want to know. :(
    Fortunately we know that Penny is just fine and Pam is probably going to get a chance to try to make things right with her ;) .
    ^Yep. :blush:
    Now I'm trying to think which one of the guys would be the one Pam would approve of... And it's very hard to think it's Harvey, but I sure hope so ;) .
    ^Welllll...let me post a little snippet here from a previous chapter and it just might give you your answer. :smirk:

Okay, but first: there was that hot kiss on the picnic blanket between Harvey and Penny... <3
    50538499208_83574e5e22_c.jpg
    ...And then things were getting a little carried away so Harvey stopped them, even though he really really didn't want to and expressed as much to her. Then it goes on to say:
    Harvey took her face in his hands and very tenderly kissed her forehead, sensing her thoughts. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing about you. I just want to make sure we do this right.”
    “I know…” she exhaled into his chest.

50539368147_149f718fd1_c.jpg

“I care about you too much.”
    “I know that too,” she looked up at him with a smile. See? Respect. “And you know, putting aside the events of that Christmas, I can see why my mom has actually grown to respect you. Not just as a Doctor, but as a person.” She tried to hold back the tears from forming. “I very much share that same respect.”
    Harvey smiled with relief, his eyes gleaming, as he leaned in and kissed her deeply again. Gosh how I love her. She’s the girl for me and someday soon I’ll tell her. “Well your mother’s rare given respect is one I’d certainly hate to lose especially now that I’m courting you,” he said.
    That too shed some light on the situation. “True!” Penny expressed. Her heart no longer pounded, but fluttered wildly for him again. He’s so amazing. I love him!
    ^ :smirk::mrgreen::blush:
    Ahem, moving on here... ;)
    Alex is recovering quite quickly from the breakup. I thought he would be the one who doesn't want to be around Haley for a while, but I see it's the opposite.
    ^Mostly he doesn't still, but at the same time he's tired of hurting and just wants to feel better again. I think hanging with Maru is helping him to move on more than he - or either of us - expected. ;)
    Yeah, that trio will always be BFF's. <3<3<3 It's fun to write their antics and comments towards each other. :blush:
    Thank you for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:

You're next @KevinL5275 :p (You know I have to tease. ;) Only cause I enjoy reading your comments just as much as everyone else's. <3 )
    Oh holy honk, I'm just about to post this (literally) and get a notification that you've replied. LOL! :lol: So, without further adieu...
    I love how you incorporate the other Stardew Valley people in your story. And the first picture of the town covered in snow is just gorgeous. :)
    ^Thank you. :blush:
    I see Abigail and Seb got their hair colors back. :D
    ^Hee hee, you're mistaking them for Shane and Emily, but it's okay. :kissing_heart: There's so many characters it's hard to keep track.
    Yeeeaah, I think things are gonna happen a bit quicker for Sam and Haley than they will with Alex and Maru......
    Still waiting for the family feud when they all confront each other. >:)B)
    ^ :smirk:
    get-ready-whatever.gif
    :mrgreen:

Although...it may not be quite what you're expecting. :smirk: Guess you'll just have to wait and see huh? :p (It's possible I'm still debating on some things...)
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. <3

**More of Chapter 17 will be posted very soon everyone!** :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top