Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @emorrill Just got your list of demands and everything was going ok till I got to the last one

w0KyEcI.gif

Now I am questioning our relationship because nobody gets my Oreo's :#

HI FRIEND <3<3 Stopped by to awesome your story

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited September 2021
    @emorrill

This was a great part of the chapter, you write so well it
    almost feels the reader is there with them and doing the stuff they do. great job.

Hayley is always thinking only about herself, I think she needs another man than Alex
    who seem to want a normal relationship going on, while Hayley want something different it
    seems.
    I kinda root for Alex and Maru you know haha, they would be really cute together, I know the original
    game has Alex crushing on Hayley though but yeah would be so cute.

Great job!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @KevinL5275 I had a feeling you would enjoy the pics of Haley dancing on the counter. :smirk:
    And ooooooh Abigail's dad knows??? (gasp)
    ^Yep, he does. ;) I figure he probably figured it out around the time that Abigail's hair began turning purple.
    Wait a minute. This whole time I thought Hailey had a "glitch" in her outfit at her waist, and I just ignored it thinking it was some graphic thing.

Then I looked at this picture more carefully.
    I see its actually a belly-chain, and navel piercing! :o:o:o Nice touch and detail, Emily! :mrgreen:
    ^LOL! :lol: Heavens if the outfit had a glitch like that I wouldn't let my sims wear it! It'd be out of the game for good.
    But thank you. :mrgreen: They are fun pieces of cc to throw on certain sims. :blush:

@bekkasan
    I loved how dramatic this update is! :heart: You do drama so well in your stories!
    ^Thank you. :blush::kissing_heart: #Bestcompliment <3
    Yeah many of those nice sitting poses can be time consuming to set up. EA really should've added better sitting styles in the game.
    I knew you would get a chuckle out of Shane not wanting to give his girl up to Harvey for a dance. :mrgreen:
    I think Shane and Harvey are going to be good friends in the future. :smiley:
    ^I think so too. :blush:
    Oh yes, being a bartender has its perks sometimes. :p
    Yep, Haley went there......
    Go Sister! Let her have it. She's been asking for a 'come to Jesus' talk since they arrived.
    ^LOL! :lol: Yes! It was time someone laid it on the line to Haley and really there was no one better to do it than her older sister. :star:
    lol, 'something' :grin:
    ^Hee hee. :p I was a little more descriptive in that sentence on my blog. ;)
    I'm really surprised that Alex was surprised and hurt by Haley being Haley towards Sam. She had just announced she was doing a show for the guys.
    ^Yeah. I know I said I got the feeling Alex didn't hear her say that because he was so lost in watching her sexy dancing, but...the more I think about it...that's a discrepancy to the reader and I will probably re-write something there (on my blog). Thanks for pointing it out. <3
    Guess we'll see if time is what Haley needs or not. ;)
    I knew you would like the song. :blush: I feel like many music nowadays lack the depth and feeling within songs past...
    Yep, Pierre knows. For how long, I kinda left that up to the reader to decide, but like I told Kevin above I would imagine he began figuring it out when Abby's hair started turning purple. That's when he started to question whether she was actually his daughter to himself and would vocalize it to some of the townsfolk who came in often to shop at his store.
    So, got more written? I'm ready for the next part...please. :grin:
    ^Not yet. :(;):kissing_heart: I gotta look through my notes again and then start playing and posing it out. :)
    Thanks for the wonderful comments. <3

@CravenLestat Thank you for listening to my "demands." :mrgreen:;)
    Now I am questioning our relationship because nobody gets my Oreo's :#
    ^Well nobody gets my (double stuff) Oreos either so we're even. :blush::p
    Hey buddy! <3 Thank you for popping in and reading and awesoming. Hope you are doing well. Sorry I haven't checked my yahoo email in forever..... Did you send me any flower pictures? ;) Let me know.

@Silverofdreams30
    This was a great part of the chapter, you write so well it
    almost feels the reader is there with them and doing the stuff they do. great job.
    ^Aww, thank you for that compliment. <3 I sure try and it means a lot to hear you say it. :blush:
    It's sure looking like Haley wants different things in life than Alex does. Makes you wonder if they can make their relationship work. Guess we'll see. ;)
    I kinda root for Alex and Maru you know haha, they would be really cute together, I know the original
    game has Alex crushing on Hayley though but yeah would be so cute.
    ^Yep and yep. :blush:
    Thank you. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Oooooo Abby's going home to some Drama! I love it!
    @Bloosmoo
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Oooooo Abby's going home to some Drama! I love it!
    ^Hee hee. :blush: Maybe not quite as much drama as she is expecting since the adults will probably talk it out. At Rasmodius's tower or something. ;)
    Guess the big question is - if they do talk it out - will they make it public knowledge or just keep it between the three of them? (I haven't quite imagined it all out yet. :p )
    I'm guessing you enjoyed that tongue lashing Emily gave Haley? :lol:;) That was fun to do!
    I love it when this happens. :blush:

Was playing around in my game to get things ready for the next Chapter and I sent Harvey to kiss Penny just because. ;)

And that's when the notifications popped up. <3

Penny-Faithful.png

Harvey-Faithful.png

*Blissful sigh* I love them. <3

I'm kinda surprised they beat Elliott and Leah to it! :lol:;):p
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    That is a cute pop up!
    Yes I did love the telling off that Emily delivered to Haley, it's an interesting dynamic you have going on between Haley and Alex, I know they love each other as friends but they really do bring out the worst in each othr as partners. Who knows the words might have driven some of the air out of Haleys head and she might actually moderate herself. I had to laugh at that shot of Sam you got though, yes his eyes did look as they were popping out of his head. Have to admit Emily is my favourite female character in the game, I can relate to her.
    @Bloosmoo Thanks for the reply. <3
    it's an interesting dynamic you have going on between Haley and Alex, I know they love each other as friends but they really do bring out the worst in each other as partners.
    ^Hmm. :smirk: Interesting insight you have there. ;) Never really thought of it that way...
    Lol! Yes, it was perfect that Sam walked up to Haley's counter dancing and had the bug eyes like that. :lol: I love it when things work out in the game for the benefit of the story. :grin:
    Have to admit Emily is my favourite female character in the game, I can relate to her.
    ^Aww. <3
    I'm not sure who my favorite female character is...I've grown to love all 12 of them. :blush:

Some of you have already seen these, but I thought I would share them for those who don't frequent the main thread. :)

I'm excitedly getting everything set up in my game for Chapter 16! So I thought I would share some outtakes with y'all. :blush:

An overly excited Shane at someone's birthday celebration. :lol: These kinds of faces just crack me up! :joy:

Screenshot-19.jpg

Alex and Haley sitting all proper. (Which is ironic because neither of them are proper. :lol: )

Ch-16-outtakes-3.jpg

Abigail staring at the ceiling with a subtle smile...

Ch-16-outtakes-2.jpg

...reminding me of Amy Poehler in the Parks and Recreation final season poster...

p-r-farewellseason-18x24-poster-rollover-1-1024x1024.jpg

Caught Maru in a sneeze...

Caught-in-a-sneeze.jpg

And lastly, CAS froze on this pose of Penny for a few seconds waiting on the hair category to load. :p She's so cute! :blush:

Ch-16-outtakes-1.jpg

bust-a-move-young-mc.gif
    :lol:

I can't wait to post more! :mrgreen:
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I love the updates! (Come on, Alex and Haley, just accept that you are mismatched!) And everyone's faces during karaoke and at the bubble table were adorable! :smiley:
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I love the updates! (Come on, Alex and Haley, just accept that you are mismatched!) And everyone's faces during karaoke and at the bubble table were adorable! :smiley:

Thanks @PalmArrow :blush: Always nice to see you pop in. <3
    Playing my game earlier when I saw this...

Haley-still-likes.jpg

...so I had to snap a picture.

As much as Haley tells Harvey he can't "get with her," it would seem she's still feeling hot and bothered after seeing him all scruffy in an unbuttoned shirt exposing his lovely chest that one night. :smirk:

Hee hee hee! :mrgreen:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Are you sure that's Harvey? Looks kinda like @igazor :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @emorrill

I see you downloaded the top! Hehe, I love
    that one it is so nice.
    edited September 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Are you sure that's Harvey? Looks kinda like @igazor :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275 Ha ha! :lol: Kind of, but I dunno..........can't look at @igazor the way I do Harvey. :smirk:
    Hee hee!
    (I think his picture is supposed to be Wil Wright anyway. Am I correct?)

@Silverofdreams30 I did. :mrgreen: I love it!
    Hey friends :blush:

Thought I would throw out a little teaser song of things to come in Chapter 16. :smirk: (Sorta...)

It's one that just popped into my head as I was taking pictures and I love it when that happens. <3 Especially when the song is so perfect. :star: Which couples (couples?) might it be referring to? ;)

A classic from 1990's Country. From the King himself. :blush: Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lTxl_kQis

Hoping to begin writing today! :grin: Stay tuned!
    edited October 2021
    Hey again everyone. :blush:

I actually hadn't planned to roll out Chapter 16 just yet, but I'm pretty sure it's good to go. I figured y'all would appreciate it too. <3 And when you're trying to wrap up a story (which I have to keep reminding myself :grimace: ) you gotta work quicker. Is it bad that I don't want to wrap it up so quickly though? :cry:;) There's still so much more that's supposed to happen. Anyhoo!

Enjoy the beginning of the Chapter. :kissing_heart: (Picture heavy...sorry.) You'll see an asterisk pop up while reading. Below I will copy what I was referring to from an earlier Chapter in a Spoiler. :)

Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 16

Time passed. Three months to be exact. The twelve friends had now resided in the country town of Appaloosa for a little over six months. Half a year. They still hadn’t fulfilled the mysterious quest and returned home. It was beginning to feel like this “bubble” they were stuck in would be their permanent residence now.

However most of them decided that they just had to keep on living and not drown in the “What ifs” of the entire situation. For it would surely consume them and rob them of all they could learn and enjoy in this season of their lives. There was an ultimate reason the Wizard sent them here and all they could do was trust in that reason and be patient, no matter how hard it would be to do some days.

During those three months...

They celebrated the Fall birthdays among the group. The first birthday was Penny’s.

51554915047_43140c8565_c.jpg

51556626675_2183ee824d_c.jpg

Harvey naturally took his love into a kiss before they grabbed a piece of cake.

51555702926_d4b6d345df_c.jpg

“Happy birthday to the most beautiful woman and love of my life,” he afterward said with a beaming, love-filled expression. “Twenty-three never looked so good,” he winked.
    Penny grinned, loving that he took her words previously and cleverly used them back at her. “Why thank you my dear. I look forward to seeing what you got me.”
    “I hope you’ll like it. The other present I have for you, well...we’ll have to open that in a more private setting,” he whispered with a blush.
    Penny’s eyes lit up. “Oh really?”
    “Yeah.”

51556627000_6c4aee05f8_c.jpg

The thought excited her, but also produced some nervous butterflies. Did he get me lingerie? Oh my… Even though the two had gone the more traditional route in their courtship, they found themselves falling asleep together on many nights and it was becoming more and more difficult not to get a tiny bit intimate with each other. However they decided to hold true to saving intercourse for the wedding night. That’s what made it so exciting after all.

Next birthday they celebrated was Elliott’s.

51556413054_f1607c4273_c.jpg

For being the oldest of the group, he didn’t feel so down about turning “one year older and wiser too.” He liked becoming wiser.

51554916397_d0188c17d2_c.jpg

“Make a wish!” Leah happily urged.

Sam and Sebastian turned and whispered to each other about what the man might possibly have to wish for at his age (thirty-six) and snorted when they saw him actually thinking about it.

51555704341_57094bba74_c.jpg

Everyone clapped when the candles were blown out.

“What did you wish for?” Leah asked her man.
    “Now babe, you know I can’t tell you. Or it won’t come true.”
    “Oh you,” she said, playfully slapping at his shoulder. “So...you made it over the hump of the thirties and are on your way down to the forties. How do you feel?”
    He shrugged. “Fine. Birthdays are just another day anymore. Besides, I’m not going to let my age define me.”
    “Good answer,” she said, leaning in to tenderly kiss him.

51554917152_dbf236e592_c.jpg

51556628895_91b7eb15e2_c.jpg

“What is it?” she asked with a giggle since his eyes were staring down at her chest.
    “I love these curls in your hair,” he answered, stroking one of them. “They’re beautiful. Like you.”
    “Thank you.”
    “Did you do your hair like this for me?”
    “Well, it is a special occasion so...yes,” she winked.

51555943828_e3fb6b5ace_c.jpg

He chuckled as he kissed her. “So how does your man look at thirty-six? Any different?”
    “No,” she studied with affectionate eyes, “not a day older. You’re still gorgeous.”

51556629440_f4710be84b_c.jpg

He liked that answer.

“Do you think I should cut my hair eventually?”
    “NO!”
    He laughed at her swift reaction, loving how much she loved his hair. He was actually looking forward to how his wavy locks would look grey now.

The last birthday of the Fall season was Abigail’s. She was turning twenty-two.

51555705986_99d16b39b0_c.jpg

The Wizard might’ve been watching the celebration from his cauldron with a bright smile, hardly believing his daughter was at such an age. She had truly grown up into one incredibly beautiful woman and as much as it seemed appropriate for him to scrutinize - and someday intimidate - her boyfriend, he couldn’t find any reason in his heart to do it. Sebastian was a good man; always her biggest supporter and now her protector. There was no one better, in any world, for his little girl.

51554918892_e9b6bd76c4_c.jpg

After Abigail blew out the candles…

51556416284_85b0d1e12b_c.jpg

...and the cake was devoured, they all retreated to the living area to watch her open her gifts.

“Geez! I almost forgot to give you mine,” Sam said, stumbling as he rushed his gift over to her.
    “Thank you Sam,” she giggled while taking it.
    “Open it first?”
    “Sure!”

51555706991_8e246c10c0_c.jpg

“Thank you everyone!” Abigail joyfully expressed after opening the last present. “Those were the most thoughtful gifts ever! I loved them all!”
    Everyone smiled, some saying, “You’re welcome.”
    “Now,” she stood, “there’s...one more thing I want to say before we all go our separate ways for the day.” Her heart thumped nervously, yet excitedly.

For a moment the right introduction struggled to come. She squeezed her hands together below her waist, reassuring herself while gaining her composure. It was time. She couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“As great as all these gifts are,” she began, “the greatest birthday gift for me this year would be for all of you,” she clasped her hands to her heart, “to know the real me.” Tears welled up in her eyes.

51556631190_2bed74b82e_c.jpg

All eyes fixated on her - including the Wizard’s - with curious expressions. Only Sebastian and Harvey knowingly smiled.

“I kept thinking it would be better to meet with you all individually about it, when I felt you were ready, but...in the spirit of my birthday right now, my heart is telling me that you all are ready.”
    “What?” Sam naturally asked, feeling somewhat hurt that his best friend had some kind of secret he didn’t know about.
    “Oh my goodness…,” Haley blurted out. “Are you coming out? Are you a lesbian?”

51554920237_8fc889658f_c.jpg

Most everyone turned and gave the blonde a stern look.
    “What!?” she asked with her hands spread apart. “It’s a perfectly reasonable assumption!”
    Sebastian’s eye twitched at Haley, as it often did. “If she were a lesbian would she be dating me?”
    “Maybe,” she retorted.
    “No,” Abigail quickly answered before things got off on the wrong track. “Though I can see how that sounded like I was ‘coming out’ Haley.”
    “Thank you,” Haley appreciated.
    “What is it Abby?” Sam encouraged. The curiosity was killing him.

Once again all eyes were glued on her.

“I,” she stammered, pinching the bridge of her nose. Haley sure killed the moment for her with that.

Sensing her anxiety, Harvey voiced, “If it helps for me to say this to the group Abby...I already know.” Penny looked at him curiously. His eyes told her, Sorry, I really wanted to tell you, but it wasn’t my place. She could read them.
    “I do too,” Sebastian added.
    “What!?” Shane firmly asked, before Sam did again.

“Okay, sorry,” Abigail started, gradually releasing a breath, then drawing it in again. “What I wanted to tell you all is...I’m a magic bearer...just like the Wizard. That’s who I really am.”

The mouths of those who didn’t know slowly dropped. The air in the room turned stale.

Abigail’s heart pounded, the reassurances within working to try and calm it. “And the Wizard,” she continued, “is my father.”

Now Harvey’s mouth dropped. “Okay that I didn’t know.”
    Sebastian gave him a confirming nod.
    “Surprise,” Abigail smiled, trying to ease the moment. She sat herself down.

“That…,” Shane was the first to speak, “explains so much.”
    “Totally! So,” Haley addressed Abigail with a look of disgust, it seemed, “you’re saying that you’re a witch? One of the hea'thens?”
    “Haley...,” Alex whispered, but closed his mouth. That was the harshest term to say in reference to the magic bearers.

51556417319_7dd232d763_c.jpg

“She’s not a hea'then,” Sebastian sternly countered before Abigail could respond. “Never!”
    “But according to the customs in Pelican Town she is,” Haley said.
    “Sc’rew Pelican Town!” he yelled, slapping at the air with his hand. “Banning the magic bearers and everything magic was a ridiculous decision to begin with and you all know it! A vain tradition of our pa'nsy parent’s big'oted and closed-minded generation! I can’t believe I fell for all the sh** we were taught about magic, and the Wizard, growing up and it is my biggest regret,” he looked over at his love with profound emotion in his eyes. “The Wizard never hurt anyone. Any sane person would know he didn’t kill the previous Mayor! Nothing about this quest he’s thrown us into has been harmful to us, it’s made us better. Magic is not evil, only the intentions of the person behind it. It’s high time the firmly held beliefs back home are done away with!”
    “I agree!” Emily declared, gaining nods from everyone else except Haley.

“Look I’m not saying I disagree,” Haley saved, raising her palms up, “I’m just confirming what she’s actually saying here because,” she turned back to Abigail, “Abby, revealing yourself like this to us is a huge risk. I’m horrible at keeping secrets with my blabbermouth, especially when I've been drinking. If word accidentally got out back home, I don't even want to imagine what would happen to you. And honestly girl,” she paused, a lump forming in her throat, “I don’t want to be the one responsible for that. You’ve always been so nice to everyone. It’d be different in town without you. Granted you’ve always been a little weird, but now we all know why!”
    Everyone chuckled.
    Emily was proud to hear such heartfelt words coming from her sister.
    “You really trust in all of us that much? In me?” Haley concluded by asking, having a very hard time believing it.
    “I do,” Abigail sincerely replied. “And I believe in you Haley - all of you - to keep it safe.”
    Haley gratefully smiled.
    “Nothing's going to happen to Abby,” Sebastian stepped in to assure, “because we’ve got her back. And together we’re gonna pioneer a new age in Pelican Town!”

“YES!”

Abigail noticed that Sam said nothing, looking down at his hands with disappointment. She was pretty sure she knew why. “What’s wrong Sam?”
    He looked up and didn’t exactly like being put on the spot but he answered anyway. “I can’t believe you never told me about your magic abilities Abby. I thought we were closer friends than that.”

51556632505_3eb39fbf2d_c.jpg

“We are close friends,” she assured, “and this was not an easy thing for me to reveal, even to Seb!”
    “It’s true,” his buddy confirmed.
    “And I told Harvey because he couldn’t find a medical reason for why I passed out that one day and he practically forced me to tell him why.” She winked at Harvey for good measure. “Honestly, you were the next person I was going to tell; because we’re so close.”
    That made Sam feel a little better.

“So wait,” Haley chimed in again, “if you’re the Wizard’s daughter, then do you know what this quest is really about? Has he told you anything about it using, what is it, telepathy or whatevs?”

51555708361_3ed554c2f2_c.jpg

“I wish I could say yes, but...no,” Abigail revealed. “I don’t know anything. I’m just as much in the dark about it as the rest of you.”

The disappointed sighs couldn’t be held back.

“So you can communicate with him telepathically then?” Maru confirmed. She had millions of questions for the Wizard about this quest.
    “Yes, in a way. He only speaks to me when he wishes. I can speak to him, but I don’t always get a response. It’s all on his own terms.”
    “Kinda like God,” Penny humorously said.
    “A little bit,” Abigail chuckled.
    Of course it’d be on his terms…,Maru muttered within.

“Hey! Why don’t you show us some of your magic!?” Emily excitedly asked.

51556418314_78018c563a_c.jpg

The others were more than down with that and told Abigail so through their grins and nods.

“Oh, uh, okay,” she said, standing up. Nervous butterflies were still present in her stomach. It would take time for those to permanently go away.

Positioning herself a few feet away from everyone, she thought of a safe spell to cast indoors. Once she had one in mind, she got herself in the zone.

51556418734_89045f0f93_c.jpg

Closing her eyes she whispered the spell and opened them while a faint yellow glow formed at the center of her body...

51555709756_8788eaca7d_c.jpg

...and grew brighter and brighter until it fully encompassed her. She almost looked angelic.

51555948333_5173084aca_c.jpg

Chuckling at everyone’s mesmerized, yet confused, looks, Abigail revealed, “It’s a protective barrier. Magical armor basically.” They all nodded. “Guess that’s a little boring...you might like this better,” she grinned as she conjured up an apple in her hand.

51555710406_ddcb3087eb_c.jpg

“Oooooh!” Everyone expressed.
    She tossed the apple over to Sam to which he swiftly caught. “AWESOME!” he cried out, eyeballing its perfection.
    “That is amazing!” Emily squealed.
    “You’re amazing Abby,” Leah added. “Wow. I can hardly believe it.”

“Thank you everyone,” Abigail said with a sniff, whispering another spell to remove the magical armor around herself. She didn’t know how the tears escaped her eyes without her knowing, but they did. She wiped them away.

Noticing, Emily asked, “What’s wrong sweetie?”

“Nothing,” Abigail sniffed again, giving a dismissive wave. “Nothing at all. I’ve never felt so happy!” More tears streamed down her cheeks as she joyfully sobbed. “To be able to be my true self around you...my friends. My family.”

“Aww, come here girl,” Emily tearfully beckoned with outstretched arms. Abigail gladly went in to them and got a big squeeze. The others stood from their seats, fully intending to do the same.

“Come on everyone, group hug!” Emily commanded.

They all tried to hug Abigail at once, but it proved difficult and would surely smother her. So instead they all locked arms and surrounded her with one big air hug.

51556419739_5b040b80f1_c.jpg

Abigail stood in the middle and pretended to hug them all back, feeling an immeasurable amount of love and acceptance from each and every one of them. Her greatest dream had finally come true and she wanted to hold onto the moment for as long as she could. “I love you guys!”

51554923727_a083ed3478_c.jpg

Afterward each person said a little something to Abigail, some giving her another hug before they went on their way to do whatever they had planned for the remainder of the day. Shane stood off to the side until they were all gone.

“They’re a great group aren’t they?” he finally said to Abigail.
    “They really are,” she happily sighed. “It’s so wonderful how close we’ve all become since being here.”
    “Yeah.”

51556635465_c29f416ce4_c.jpg

“So,” Shane began as he approached her, “guess I wasn’t too far off in thinking you were a Wiccan huh?” *

51554924432_3609259efa_c.jpg

She chuckled, remembering. “Maybe a little. I do practice magic, but I’m also a believer in God. So I’m not sure what people would call that.”
    “I don’t know either,” he shrugged. “Really I didn’t know for sure if you were one or not, I was just being mean when I said it. Sorry about that…”
    “It’s okay. It kinda freaked me out a little when you called me that honestly. Like you knew something...” She studied him.
    Shane found it difficult to meet her gaze for a moment. “No, but now I’m beginning to wonder if I did...and what I saw you do wasn’t an illusion from my drunken mind…”
    Her eyebrow rose. “What was that?”

He cleared his throat. “I was stammering home from the Saloon the first night I arrived in Pelican Town, trying to come to terms with my new life in such a h***hole, so of course I was totally wasted…”

51556420789_51744a09eb_c.jpg

“I passed by the graveyard and saw you…,” he tried not to let a smile escape, “eating a bunch of colorful rocks!” He failed.

51556636470_3cbb4c76f9_c.jpg

Abigail laughed. “Oh my GOSH!”

51555951038_c4fcfcc2f1_c.jpg

“It was YOU who started that rumor!?”

“Yeah, it was me,” he answered proudly.

51556421599_f5c62ecfce_c.jpg

Abigail just shook her head, holding the grin.
    “I didn’t know it was going to spread like it did...but seriously were you actually eating gemstones? Cause now I’m wondering if it’s some magic related thing like it replenishes your internal mana or something.”
    “No,” she laughed. Okay that’s awesome! “That’s not how it works, but yes, I was eating them.”
    “No sh**.”
    “Yep. I was trying to turn myself into a dragon and eating gemstone dust was all part of the transformation process. Needless to say it didn’t work. It was much too advanced magic for my novice self back then.”

51556422209_c97e405476_c.jpg

“Wow. How could you do that to yourself?”
    “I was desperate, okay! It’d been a rough day. Don’t judge me...” She playfully frowned.
    “No judgement here, but it sure makes me question your mental health at the time though…”
    “It might’ve been a little off, but...I’m sure you understand.”
    “Absolutely!”
    “Gosh it’s always driven me crazy wondering who started that rumor! I was afraid my secret had been revealed to someone. I’m so glad it was you and not someone else back home.”

51556648150_a25c0b9de1_c.jpg

“I’m glad it was me too,” he smiled. “You know...considering…”

Abigail couldn’t help what she did next. She gave him a hug.

51556422464_5d53a0ae8b_c.jpg

Shane still wasn’t the hugging type, but all the love and friendship in the air today certainly warranted it.

“I have to ask,” Abigail began as she broke their embrace. “If you’d stuck around a little longer that night, you would’ve seen me cast magic. If you had...would you have told everyone that I was a witch?”
    “I dunno,” he shrugged. “I might have since I was such a royal je’rk back then…I don’t really care to revisit that part of myself.”
    “I understand,” she nodded. “I guess everything worked out for the best.”
    “Yeah. Things are great now. I’m better. Better than I’ve ever been before.” He smiled. “Guess we all owe your real dad a debt of gratitude for this quest business don’t we?”

She smiled brightly at him. “Yeah. We sure do.”

51556626330_e6626042c5_c.jpg

When Shane stepped away, Abigail glanced up at the ceiling and said in her mind, I can’t wait to see you again dad.

I can’t wait to see you too, came the unexpected, immediate response.

Hearing his voice made her eyes well up with joyful tears again. She placed a hand over her touched heart. I love you. Is it too early for me to say that?

No. I love you too. Happy Birthday my dear Abigail. I’m so proud of you.

<3

Flashback to Chapter 4; after the big discussion about the quest

Shane, keeping his distance from the group as always, wiped the sweat from his brow and glared while saying, “This blows! I’m gonna go find me a Bar!”

49437678322_1e7d0049a4_c.jpg

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea,” Abigail said, overhearing.
    “Mind your own business Wiccan! I can do what I want!”
    “She’s right Shane,” Harvey concurred, coming over with Emily following behind him. “We still don’t know what dangers might be out there so it’s even more unwise to go venturing out in the dark, and alone. You can join some of us who are investigating the town tomorrow and we’ll find a Bar then, alright? You can wait.”
    Shane folded his arms with an eye-roll and muttered, “Yeah, whatever.”
    @emorrill

I loved this update! those birthday shots are amazing,
    I guess it's all poses cause otherwise, they would age up but it's gorgeous poses.
    Shane and Abigail had a good chat, I also love that her dads replied to her thoughts!.
    I love the shot of them standing around Abigail, great job!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I was excited to see you did post the update! :heart: I thoroughly enjoyed reading it with my morning coffee as I waited for the Grand. I'm still waiting so started some comments. Not sure if I will get them finished before he arrives.

Penny looks very happy to be celebrating her birthday.
    Harvey looks terrific in the striped shirt. I like his casual look so much!
    Sweet birthday kisses! :love:
    So...what was her gift! :smirk:

I love Elliott's laid back attitude! My age only defines the state of my hips definitely no my mind! lol
    I'm with Leah, no! he can't cut his hair.

Great picture of them celebrating Abigail's birthday. Looks like everyone participated and no one was standing off in the distance ignoring the party. Usually happens to at least one of my party goer's! :lol:

Oh, the big reveal from Abigail! :smiley:
    lol at Haley's initial response.
    Oh, so Alex didn't like her calling Abigail that name.
    I guess she tried to be nice in her weird convoluted way.

I'm happy the others are so supportive. I figured they would be.
    It's good she will have their support if they ever make it back home.
    I love Sam's reactions to her reveal as well as the spells.
    Cool group hug!
    Good addition with Shane and Abigail explaining what he saw and the rumor.
    Kinda gross eating gemstones like that. :wink:

The Grand is here so I will post this and just say I want more! Get busy! :grin:
    @bekkasan What is The Grand?

Love the new hair on Penny and especially Leah. Yes, what was Penny's private gift? B):mrgreen:
    Did Haley change her hair, too? I like her reactions and questions too, its perfect Haley.

Abigail's reveal was kinda sappy, but don't take that in a bad way, not every interaction can have conflict. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill I've been so addicted to playing my game all my free time lately, that commenting on the big thread seems a bit overwhelming now. So I'm here this time :) .
    Half a year in a 3D world, getting used to it - and then having to go back to the 2D world :s . That must be hard ;) .
    Aww, Penny looks so happy on her birthday <3 ! Love Harvey showing his love to her after her blowing the candles.
    Oh oh, he's got a private present for her :o . I wonder what it is.
    Happy birthday to Elliott too! I love it how they are all gathered around the table. Never realized Elliott is already 36 - he should start considering making babies with his chosen lady :p .
    He makes sense though. At certain age birthdays start losing their meaning and you just don't care anymore. Only the outside changes, but inside you just remain the same :) .
    Leah is so pretty with that hair!
    Happy birthday to Abigail! A big party again :blush: .
    I'm glad to see the wizard approves of Sebastian, not that he could choose her partner anyway ;) .
    Three different looking cakes :) . They look yummy.
    Sam has died his hair!
    She's finally going to tell them, is she? :o
    Lol @ Haley's stupid comment. Even if Abigail was a lesbian, she should never have said that before letting her talk herself :s . I like that pose on Haley though - it suits the story perfectly.
    Haley is not making this any easier, but I'm proud of Abigail that she finally told them <3 .
    I'm so happy Sebastian is defending his lady. I love the way he speaks.
    Oh, even something relatively nice from Haley then. Good!
    Love those pictures of Abigail's magic, with the yellow light surrounding her, and the apple too :star: .
    I'm so happy for her that she finally managed to let everyone know. I think things are going to be much better for her and for Pelican Town in the future :) .
    Love the group hug picture.
    Glad to see also Shane and Abigail talked things over.
    Aww, so nice to see Abigail hugging Shane like that.
    Yes, the wizard is actually answering Abigail this time and telling her he loves her <3 . I'm so happy for the both of them.
    Your spoiler: ouch! Shane should stay away from bars :s . Glad to hear they are going together anyway.
    edited October 2021
    Hey buddies. :blush:

Sorry for the late reply to your sweet and humorous reactions to the beginning of Chapter 16. <3 Hubby has had some serious health issues in the past three days :cry: and has needed my care and help more than ever. It's definitely an autoimmune flare up, and we feel he may have picked up another one after having COVID. We're going to get him in to see a couple of specialists for more answers and treatment options.

Anyway,

@Silverofdreams30 I was able to find some birthday poses so I used those. :blush:
    I'm glad you liked Shane and Abby's talk and their big group hug with her. That was fun to stage. :) Thank you. <3

@bekkasan
    I was excited to see you did post the update! :heart:
    ^ :mrgreen: I just had to surprise you again.
    I like casual dressed Harvey too. :love:
    What was Penny's gift? Well...I thought I would leave that up to the reader. :smirk: What did you imagine? :p
    My age only defines the state of my hips definitely no my mind! lol
    ^LOL! :lol:
    Yeah Elliott can't ever cut his hair. You know I prefer short cuts on guys ;) but his hair is gorgeous and he rocks it! :star:
    Yes! I got very lucky that everyone went straight to the dining table to celebrate Abby's birthday. :smiley:
    I couldn't help having Haley ask if she was "coming out." It just seemed so...Haley. :lol:
    I guess she tried to be nice in her weird convoluted way.
    ^Yep. :blush:
    I was initially going to have Haley be disturbed by Abigail's reveal, (leave the room and not talk to her for a while) but the more I thought about it, the more it didn't feel right. Mostly because of what I have planned in Haley's character development. :)
    I'm glad you liked the group hug. <3
    Kinda gross eating gemstones like that. :wink:
    ^Very much so. I would imagine Harvey having a heart attack if he found out. :lol: That can't be good for your stomach or guts. :grimace: I was going to have Shane ask if they made her sick, but she already revealed that to Seb in a previous chapter.
    I hope to get busy on the next part very soon. :kissing_heart: Thank you for all the sweet and enjoyable comments as always. <3

@KevinL5275 I'm so tempted to answer your question to bekkasan right now, but I think she would like to answer it. ;)
    Thanks! I liked those two hairs on Penny and Leah very much as well. ;):mrgreen:
    Edit to add, cause I forgot to answer: Yes, Haley changed her hair as well. :blush: I like to do that with the girls often.
    Penny's gift from Harvey? I leave that up to the reader to imagine. :p What was the first thing that came to your mind? :smirk:
    Abigail's reveal was kinda sappy, but don't take that in a bad way, not every interaction can have conflict. :)
    ^I'm offended!!! :angry:
    You know I'm kidding. ;)<3
    There's a few sappy scenes in Stardew Valley so it fits. :p
    Sooooo....I have a fun question for you. :smirk: I love how much you drool over my lady sims. :blush: If you "swung the other way," which of the 6 guys would you find the best looking? :p Hee hee!
    I'll give you an answer in return if you do. ;)

@meerkattime I understand not feeling like commenting on the main thread. I haven't either lately...
    Oh it will definitely be hard for them to return to their 2D selves. :p
    I left Harvey's private present for Penny for the reader to imagine. What was the first thing that came to your mind? ;):p
    Never realized Elliott is already 36 - he should start considering making babies with his chosen lady :p .
    ^Indeed!
    At certain age birthdays start losing their meaning and you just don't care anymore. Only the outside changes, but inside you just remain the same :) .
    ^Very true. I love that. <3
    That is a good hair on Leah huh? :) I might have it make more appearances.
    I'm glad to see the wizard approves of Sebastian, not that he could choose her partner anyway ;) .
    ^Guess not. :smirk:
    The 3 different cakes were cc that came with the birthday poses I found. :)
    Sam has died his hair!
    ^Yes! He did! :grin:
    Lol @ Haley's stupid comment. Even if Abigail was a lesbian, she should never have said that before letting her talk herself :s .
    ^Yep, it was very tacky on Haley's part. Typical. :lol:
    I'm glad you liked the pose I captured from her in that moment. :blush: I love perfect capture moments like that. :star:
    I'm so happy Sebastian is defending his lady. I love the way he speaks.
    ^Thanks. Being Abby's protector like he said he would be. <3
    Oh, even something relatively nice from Haley then. Good!
    ^Yes. :blush: Guess she's growing during this quest after all. ;)
    Thank you for the compliments and I'm glad you love the group hug too. <3
    How could the Wizard not answer his daughter in that moment? :blush:
    I figured it would be good to include some things from past chapters to give everyone a refresher on what happened previously because this story is almost 2 years old now! :open_mouth: Can you believe that!?
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3
    Post edited by emorrill on
    emorrill wrote: »
    Hey buddies. :blush:

@KevinL5275 I'm so tempted to answer your question to bekkasan right now, but I think she would like to answer it. ;)
    Thanks! I liked those two hairs on Penny and Leah very much as well. ;):mrgreen:
    Edit to add, cause I forgot to answer: Yes, Haley changed her hair as well. :blush: I like to do that with the girls often.
    Penny's gift from Harvey? I leave that up to the reader to imagine. :p What was the first thing that came to your mind? :smirk:
    ^I'm offended!!! :angry:
    You know I'm kidding. ;)<3
    There's a few sappy scenes in Stardew Valley so it fits. :p
    Sooooo....I have a fun question for you. :smirk: I love how much you drool over my lady sims. :blush: If you "swung the other way," which of the 6 guys would you find the best looking? :p Hee hee!
    I'll give you an answer in return if you do. ;)

I think the first thing that came to my mind, and Harvey's gift, are two very different things. o:)o:)o:)
    But you know, I'm not bad, I'm just simverted. B)

I have no idea on your question. Maybe Alex, or Sebastian.

Ahem, I don't drool, I just appreciate your art. :mrgreen:

I like to use Dresser to change hairstyles and clothes just to try something different, and see how they look.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I didn't think lingerie. I don't think he would gift that since they are not doing the horizontal tango yet.
    I hope J had a better night and you both got some good sleep!

@KevinL5275 The Grand is my nickname for my grandson. He is 11 months tomorrow and I'm having the time of my life getting to know this happy little boy. He started walking a little a couple weeks ago and is now running! Wednesday is my all day babysitting with him. I realize chasing him is the perfect exercise. It was fun enough when he was crawling. When he gets picked up by his parents I usually text em and tell her how tired I am, but it is such an happy tired it doesn't matter. :grin:
    @bekkasan Oooooooh! The way you capitalized it, I thought it was the name of a bus or rideshare coming to pick you up. hahahah oops.

I didn't take you for being old enough for a grandchild either. Its good that you type like you're young at heart. :D
    @KevinL5275 I like the word simverted. :lol: You came up with that one didn't you? ;)
    I have no idea on your question. Maybe Alex, or Sebastian.
    ^Hmm. Interesting. :smirk:
    I could honestly answer the same - I have no idea - when it comes to which of the ladies I think are the best looking or who I would be attracted to.
    I will say that Haley is extremely beautiful, but her personality kills any attraction there for me. I think Penny and Abigail would be the two that I would be interested in if I swung that way ;) , simply because their personalities are the most similar to mine out of the 6. :)
    Ahem, I don't drool, I just appreciate your art. :mrgreen:
    ^Aww, thank you. :blush:

Yep I enjoy changing out the girl's (mostly) hairstyles just to see how they look too. Gives a bit more of a realistic feel to my story to do so as well. :)

@bekkasan
    I didn't think lingerie. I don't think he would gift that since they are not doing the horizontal tango yet.
    ^The horizontal tango! :joy:
    That makes sense. I guess in my mind I was thinking...silk pajamas or maybe even a sexy bra. I dunno! :p That's why I left it up to the reader's imagination. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top