Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Completely Off Topic and Out of Left Field. WALKING SHARKS

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
edited January 2020 in Off Topic Chat
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/world/walking-sharks-recently-evolved-scn-trnd/index.html

“Walking Sharks”.

Well that's it, folks we’re officially doomed if they develop the capacity for larger sentient brains and ability to breathe oxygen.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Oddly adorable. I expected something way more terrifying, like them walking on land like northern snakeheads.

Yeah funny thing about northern snakeheads they can grow up to three feet and can survive out of water for days as long as their skin is wet, so pray sharks don't evolve that way.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Evidently the Northern Snakehead is considered an invasive species so it’s good to catch them on sight and prevent them from returning to the wild. They’re also edible too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wusa9.com/amp/article/life/food/recipes/easy-summer-seafood-snakehead-recipe/65-298536485

But yeah, that would be terrifying to see a great white “walking on land”. I sure don’t wanna see them evolve.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    Oddly adorable. I expected something way more terrifying, like them walking on land like northern snakeheads.

Yeah funny thing about northern snakeheads they can grow up to three feet and can survive out of water for days as long as their skin is wet, so pray sharks don't evolve that way.
    That's all we need. That, and flying spiders. I'd be contemplating cryosleep.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Yeah flying spiders would be top of my list of most terrifying things to encounter. @Nushnushganay
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    How about the -

Chinese Water Deer

basically Bambi with 2.1 inch (5.5cm) saberteeth ! When they are calm and grazing their teeth are pulled back, but if you make it mad, it can move its teeth forward (for aggressive attacks)!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!