Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So This happened..

I made a single male sim via story mode and he happens to be a witch, not a few days on the lot and he gets abducted..and pregnant; so he has the baby and right away it's the witchy bassinet, so I figure I'm getting a witch baby, and as a toddler and child he had no signs of being an alien, he's now a teen and he's neither; he has the weak bloodline trait but he looks completely human and can't do magic so is this a glitch or is my game just being funny? I have mccc and that's it.

Has anything like this happened to any of you or something similar?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I made a single male sim via story mode and he happens to be a witch, not a few days on the lot and he gets abducted..and pregnant; so he has the baby and right away it's the witchy bassinet, so I figure I'm getting a witch baby, and as a toddler and child he had no signs of being an alien, he's now a teen and he's neither; he has the weak bloodline trait but he looks completely human and can't do magic so is this a glitch or is my game just being funny? I have mccc and that's it.

What icon does he have for his needs tab when his needs are full? If it's the normal one, then he'll have to go to the magic realm and go through the rite of ascension (there's a roughly 50/50 chance of being a spellcaster if only one parent is a spellcaster, but all children get the appropriate bloodline trait depending on how strong the bloodline of their spellcaster parent is.) If it's a spellbook, then it looks like there's a glitch.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I sometimes have a similar issue. There's no icon above the traits in CAS but they do sometimes make the spellcaster animation in CAS. (I don't play occults but some of my townies are spellcasters and when they have half spellcaster children, this usually happens)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe not the same, but very similar.

Unplayed household, MCCC got together two mermaids. I've never played mermaids but I know these two to both be mermaids from Let's play etc... one is Nalani that mermaid from the trailer.

Also due to MCCC Nalani and her husband had 4 kids.. I assumed they would be merchildren and was watching the family, though still never playing them, thinking that maybe they'd be fun to have my first experience with mermaids.

But all 4 of the children are aliens instead of mermaids?!?! How does that happen? In my manage households they are all in their alien forms...

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ukupanipo_Hekekia This guy, this is the husband and the mermaid Nalani from the trailer is the wife...

How did these two have all alien children? *confused* I've never played them... are they half alien too? That'd be really weird for people who have IL and not GTW
  • freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member

Unplayed household, MCCC got together two mermaids. I've never played mermaids but I know these two to both be mermaids from Let's play etc... one is Nalani that mermaid from the trailer.

Also due to MCCC Nalani and her husband had 4 kids.. I assumed they would be merchildren and was watching the family, though still never playing them, thinking that maybe they'd be fun to have my first experience with mermaids.

But all 4 of the children are aliens instead of mermaids?!?! How does that happen? In my manage households they are all in their alien forms...

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ukupanipo_Hekekia This guy, this is the husband and the mermaid Nalani from the trailer is the wife...

How did these two have all alien children? *confused* I've never played them... are they half alien too? That'd be really weird for people who have IL and not GTW

Any chance the husband could have been alien abducted multiple times with pregnancy? That'd be my only guess. Unless you have that turned off on mccc.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

What icon does he have for his needs tab when his needs are full? If it's the normal one, then he'll have to go to the magic realm and go through the rite of ascension (there's a roughly 50/50 chance of being a spellcaster if only one parent is a spellcaster, but all children get the appropriate bloodline trait depending on how strong the bloodline of their spellcaster parent is.) If it's a spellbook, then it looks like there's a glitch.

He had the normal sim icon, I just thought it was weird that he had the weak bloodline trait given he was a normal sim, I had his dad learn the spell for ascension and to make his son a witch via said spell.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020

Any chance the husband could have been alien abducted multiple times with pregnancy? That'd be my only guess. Unless you have that turned off on mccc.

I have it turned off. (Pregnancy off and abductions set to very rare) Also would an alien abuction even happen on a family over and over if I don't have any scientists in this save and have never played that family? Maybe if MCCC setting isn't working right I suppose but that seems odd too lol
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

He had the normal sim icon, I just thought it was weird that he had the weak bloodline trait given he was a normal sim, I had his dad learn the spell for ascension and to make his son a witch via said spell.

I believe they did that so you can make sims with strong bloodlines via their grandparents. Each generation of active spellcasters is more powerful than the last (none, weak, strong, ancient) but if, for some reason, your sim doesn't activate as a spellcaster, their next generation is born one step weaker. So your hybrid's kid, now that they're active, will have a strong bloodline even if they're not naturally a spellcaster. If said kid doesn't become a spellcaster, their child will be back to weak bloodline.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    But all 4 of the children are aliens instead of mermaids?!?!

That sounds weird :''D Haven't had this problem in my game. I instead have the problem that whenever mermaid sims have babies with other sims, the kids are always mermaids... The random mermaid sims around my town also spawn without tails in their mermaid forms (slightly disturbing to watch only the top part of the sim swimming in the pool...) and sometimes they don't have faces at all which is also very creepy :'D
    But all 4 of the children are aliens instead of mermaids?!?!

That sounds weird :''D Haven't had this problem in my game. I instead have the problem that whenever mermaid sims have babies with other sims, the kids are always mermaids... The random mermaid sims around my town also spawn without tails in their mermaid forms (slightly disturbing to watch only the top part of the sim swimming in the pool...) and sometimes they don't have faces at all which is also very creepy :'D

That sounds nightmareish.. how do you sleep at night? xD
  • TortyashTortyash Posts: 1 New Member
    There's a bug i came up with while trying to obtain "super-sim" (every life form + sulani power, ffw and ancient bloodline). Any bloodline level blocks ability to become alien, even using cheat to obtain occult form. My half-alien sims were not able to breed full-alien baby with this trait, and abducted spellcaster (son of Gemma Charm, btw) has given birth to regular sim.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited March 2020

Aliens can only show up if you have GTW so I don't think it would happen if they don't have it. Maybe MCCC is outdated? I have some problems with MCCC when it broke after a patch or something.

Still that is strange and can't say that happened to me before as my sims children are either human or one of the occults the other parent is unless both are either human or the same occult. Last game my sim mermaid married a human and had twin girls and both were mermaids. So it is kind of random which one the kids would turn out to be it seems.

The only thing I can think of is that Hekekia is not their real father.

Oh another thing was that my sim got abducted by aliens twice almost at the start of the game (during the welcome wagon the first time and during some other event the second time) and she wasn't a scientist. It's rare; but it happens.