March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous broken... mod to fix?

gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
edited January 2020 in General Mods Discussion
Does anyone know if there is a mod that fixes the current bug in the acting career? The career is currently completely useless and unplayable. I've been playing every other career in the game and really want to get back into acting.

I think fixing this is beyond my skills as a modder.

I posted a bug report in AHQ about 2 months ago and it's got about 500 "me too"s. Doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed any time soon. I want a mod to fix it so I can play it again without cheating constantly like I have to in the detective career.

BTW... if anyone has the same problem head over there and "Me Too" it. Maybe if they get another thousand hits they might actually think about fixing it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/m-p/8533570#M115107

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I thought that was fixed in the most recent patch; do they still show as uncompleted when you travel?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    No, it was never fixed. It's still a problem.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Agh... My heir was supposed to be an actress this generation and I just bumped into this issue. So disappointing :(
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    The parch did not fix this issue,. But fortunately it still did not stop ny sim from reaching the top of the career. So, you don't have to stop playing the actor career.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Well, that's flipping irritating.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Interesting because the patch also claimed to fix the issue with time slowing down if you have a maid but I found out last night that wasn’t fixed either.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Strange, because I just played an actor a couple of days ago and it was working just fine.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Interesting because the patch also claimed to fix the issue with time slowing down if you have a maid but I found out last night that wasn’t fixed either.

very interesting, indeed
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,552 Member
    I have this but it doesn't bother me as it is a purely visual bug. Even though the gigs are no longer shown as completed after travelling, the game very well recognizes them as being completed when determining the outcome of the gig.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited February 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I have this but it doesn't bother me as it is a purely visual bug. Even though the gigs are no longer shown as completed after travelling, the game very well recognizes them as being completed when determining the outcome of the gig.

I'm not so sure. In the past, as long as my sim matched the base skill for the gig and did all the prep tasks and work-day tasks, I could always select the "Risky" options and they would NEVER fail. The "Risky" tasks fail more than half the time now.

There's still a bug there somewhere, whether it's cosmetic or not I'm not sure. However I suppose it's more realistic and less OP to have them fail at least some of the time. I just started a new playthrough so we'll see how it works on the higher acting career levels.

Edit: Yeah, it's definitely not working. In dozens of playthroughs this is the first time I haven't gotten gold, and I've done EVERY task.
    Post edited by gettps on
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,552 Member
    My Sim does fail sometimes, but I find it realistic and so far, she never failed to an extend were it woul stop her from reaching gold status for a gig.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited February 2020
    It's a problem. If my sim fails any of the performance tasks, they will never get gold. Even doing all the prep tasks, all the pre-performance tasks, everything done properly, if my sim fails any single one of the "risky" performance tasks, they NEVER get gold. One failure means no gold. And whether they fail or not appears to be random. I tested this by playing the same gig over 10 times and sometimes she succeeds all of them, sometimes fails 1, sometimes 2.

What seems to be happening is the prep tasks are likely "adjusters" to the performance tasks. The more of them you do, the more likely they'll work properly without failing. Without those "adjusters", the end result is totally random.

I'm working on a mod for it. I haven't found a fix for the problem, but I figured out how to kinda... bypass it.
    edited February 2020

Wow. Her fix is better than mine. I'm not surprised. I was just considering giving a little extra job performance during the pre-performance tasks. Enough to cover one risky failure. Her fix actually restores it to almost normal. Hers is more of a cheat though. With hers you can ignore the prep tasks completely and they'll show as "completed" once you go to the gig.

It's not a big deal for me since I plan to always do the prep tasks anyway. Awesome!

Edit: Actually, I just tried her mod out. Turns out, it auto-completes all the prep tasks any time your sim leaves the lot. Even when they rabbit-hole. Problem with that is, I get a gig, go to the audition (which is a rabbit-hole) and all the prep tasks auto-complete before I can get a chance to do them. I think I prefer my solution better. At least I can do the prep tasks.
    Post edited by gettps on