Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What, in your opinion, is the best game packšŸ˜

Comments

• NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Parenthood
    For me, Parenthood.

As soon as I installed it, my Sim's two daughters (both children) immediately stopped behaving like her roommates and started acting like actual offspring: homing in on and hovering around their mother, who began tending to them in a maternal manner. I finally felt like they were family.
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood hands down, though I can't believe how low Strangerville is. I thought that was a pretty fun pack.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Vampires
    Hello everyone!

I absolutely love Vampires, because this supernatural species has been very polished in the game. They have a power rank system where you can gain different perks (and also weaknesses). The CAS is absolutely great, combines very well with Realm of Magic or Get Famous if you want to play with sims from different historical moments. And Forgotten Hollow has a great spooky atmosphere, the objects are great too!

Second favorite is Realm of Magic, mostly for the same reasons above. Rank system where you can also learn different spells, there are two different tiny worlds on it (Glimmerbrook and the Magic Realm). And Morgynā€™s character is as charismatic as Vlad or the Vatores! :D

Weakest point in my opinion is the default buildings, specially the Magic HQ or the houses in Glimmerbrook. And the default sages are very different from the ones on the trailer. So my advice for both of them, Vampires and Realm of Magic, is to pay a visit to Maxis account on the Gallery and download the trailer sages if you like them best. Also the other vampire houses, like the Rebellious, the Virtuous and the Noble Vampires!

Hope this little review helps for those of you thinking of buying one of these packs!
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    StrangerVille
    I loved StrangerVille for the whole storyline it has, It makes me wish there were more mission-based aspirations for each world. Jungle Adventure also gets a plus from me because of the adventure feel and how gorgeous Selvador is.

My opinion is a bit biased because I grew up more on the non-PC games like Urbz and Bustin' Out.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2020
    Parenthood
    Parenthood Itā€™s good.
    Because I needed more family interactions and I think it would be better if they improved the family interactions more.
    We need a huge family update with more actions.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Realm of Magic finally brought back my play style.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited March 2020
    Jungle Adventure
    I love almost all new content from Jungle Adventure, like new skills, the new dance and build / CAS objects. In most of my games lately, I have included much from this pack.

Of all the of the packs listed here, beside Outdoor Retreat, there is for me some strong drawbacks. Parenthood more or less just made things a lot harder for my sims. They are depressed or angry or something. When they shout out, it just feels weird and make em more or less useless as long as they are loud. Is there any good things coming from that pack? (beside build /CAS objects)
    ejDkqJ4.png
    Ok, there is a few cool things from Parenthood and the Parenting Skill, like here where a sim is looking after all needs of a baby in one go and parents can influence children including teens to feel better etc. Influencing others works better with the Wellness skil in my opinion.
    wukvJAv.png
    Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Vampires
    Lol well itā€™s gotta be vampires, how many people own that pack but donā€™t even like occultā€™s??? We hear about them complaining enough on here..
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Vampires
    Parenthood is too much work for me. Vampire is the best so far. :D
  • BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is my absolute favorite pack. I love just about everything from it. The family gameplay is absolutely lovely. It's so sweet seeing a toddler decide to give a loving hug to their parent, or vice-versa. Raising well-mannered kids is also super rewarding to me.

I also really like the build/buy, and use the kitchen items in nearly every house build :sweat_smile:
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Parenthood
    This gamepack has what TS4 needs so much: gameplay that makes Sims interact with each other.

A child Sim can set the table and the parent can praise them for their good behavior.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • floralfloral Posts: 10 New Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood because it adds so much more depth to family game play and I couldn't imagine my game without it. Dine Out is a close second though; I almost always send my sims to restaurants and have at least one in every world.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2020
    Parenthood
    Parenthood :) . I believe that this was the first pack that I had bought, which had kept me fully interested for a while. Since I love building families from scratch and continuing their legacies, the gameplay felt rather smooth and challenging for me. I really like how your journal has an effect on your sims' emotions. Like, if they're in a happy mood, but previously wrote something negative out of frustration, then your sim will now relive that same emotion as before. With the character values, even if they happen to take a while (me, because I'm just so used to making sure their moods are high), I like the work it takes into knowing whether or not your sim will turnout fine. I really love the B/B and CAS items as well, from the kids toys to the nice furniture. I absolutely love it! ā¤ļø
  • Tommy13Tommy13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Parenthood
    For me all of the gamepacks don't flow well into the game, like for vampires and realm of magic and strangerville all require you going out of your way to use their features, whereas parenthood just flows really effortlessly into the game and it comes up in almost every game I play whereas with like vampires even though its a very fun pack I only make a vampire every once in a while because you need to grind a lot
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I think the best pack for me is determined by what I play with the most. For me thats ROM, Strangerville (mostly for the word and possession now), Dine Out, and Outdoor Retreat. I play with them all though and love the focused aspect of gamepacks.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    Parenthood
    I love almost all new content from Jungle Adventure, like new skills, the new dance and build / CAS objects. In most of my games lately, I have included much from this pack.

Of all the of the packs listed here, beside Outdoor Retreat, there is for me some strong drawbacks. Parenthood more or less just made things a lot harder for my sims. They are depressed or angry or something. When they shout out, it just feels weird and make em more or less useless as long as they are loud. Is there any good things coming from that pack? (beside build /CAS objects)
    ejDkqJ4.png
    Ok, there is a few cool things from Parenthood and the Parenting Skill, like here where a sim is looking after all needs of a baby in one go and parents can influence children including teens to feel better etc. Influencing others works better with the Wellness skil in my opinion.
    wukvJAv.png

Sorry I'm not very good at this sight but how did you add those photos?
  • BethSims4BethSims4 Posts: 113 Member
    Vampires
    I want more game packs that involve werewolves and fairies
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure. Really good pack IMO, the world is stunning and the build-buy is the best out of all the game packs by far. I use the furniture from it in all my builds.
    Vampires sounds like a cool concept but I haven't bought it yet, I like sunny worlds so living in darkness and staying inside is a no no for me. Parenthood isn't my gameplay.
    ROM is interesting conceptually but the gameplay is mediocre, no challenge, storyline or skill required you just practice magic and ask sages for spells until you know them all. And the perks are remarkably boring. You can learn spells a bit faster, woopee! However the worlds are pretty and I enjoy going into peoples houses and setting their beds on fire while they're sleeping >:)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Vampires
    Onverser wrote: Ā»
    Jungle Adventure. Really good pack IMO, the world is stunning and the build-buy is the best out of all the game packs by far. I use the furniture from it in all my builds.
    Vampires sounds like a cool concept but I haven't bought it yet, I like sunny worlds so living in darkness and staying inside is a no no for me. Parenthood isn't my gameplay.
    ROM is interesting conceptually but the gameplay is mediocre, no challenge, storyline or skill required you just practice magic and ask sages for spells until you know them all. And the perks are remarkably boring. You can learn spells a bit faster, woopee! However the worlds are pretty and I enjoy going into peoples houses and setting their beds on fire while they're sleeping >:)

I don't like the life in dark either. I love the sunny weather so, I even inactivated the Seasons pack because the rain is too much in towns. I don't like to live in Oasis Springs to avoid rain. My vamp sims have no problem to hang around in day light with Sunlight immunity perk. Some of them are 4 star celebrities, they don't need to wait for the night for drinking plasma. Almost of sims in town just provide their wrist for my vamp celebrities which is very easy to manage the sim life. You don't need to ask for the vamp training to level up. Just research vampires on computer will level up for you. No need to go sleep at night, so easy to level up the vampire level all through the night. My vamp teenager sim became a master vampire after 2 days since his birthday.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Vampires
    Kimmer wrote: Ā»
    It was difficult to choose between Vampires and Jungle Adventure and last time I answered a similar poll I probably answered JA. Right now I love Vampires more, but it may change again.

Same.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires, with Parenthood a close second.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Parenthood
    Each has their advantages and disadvantages. But, it's tied too much between Dine Out and Parenthood, as both packs add much to "normal" gameplay.

Outdoor Retreat's CAS I use quite heavily, especially the pants and boots. I find the whole "destination world" status a bit limiting. Your Sim can't just visit as if it were any other world, and actually has to rent a lot before they can go.

Spa Day. I use a lot of its activewear in CAS; and while I did buy it to have the spa in game, it's a feature I don't use much.

Dine Out. TS3 had restaurants in the form of rabbit holes in the base game. TS4 doesn't have them period in the base game. Dine Out adds this functionality, as well as the ability to own and modify the restaurants. It is why I like it, and use it so much. I haven't owned a restaurant yet.

Vampires. One of those packs that I bought because I'm a completionist. CAS isn't really used, world is too small due to being a GP (and my Sim's never been there), I've never messed with occults, and vampire break-ins are a headache. Since I already humanized or deleted all the premade vampires, whoever my game pulled from my tray as a vampire I typically covert to a human the minute they show up.

Parenthood, arguably my favorite pack. It adds more depth to the Sims, and makes them much better. The CAS is pretty good, and I use a lot of it.

Jungle Adventure. El Selvadorada is very fun to explore. It's a destination world, but I don't mind at all. I do wish the archaeology skill had more use outside the world. The ruins in Windenburg would be a good use of it.

Strangerville. I use quite a bit of the CAS, its households are among my favorite in the game. I really like Strangerville as a world, but it is too small. The storyline messes up normal function of the world; and you can't delete/modify the "REDACTED" lab as you can most other premade structures. There is no toggle to turn off the storyline, possessed Sims, and the Mother Plant and the other weird plants that pop up. The military career is quite well, silly. In a way, since Strangerville has a military base, the storyline, and military career could've been better integrated as an active career with a physical base. I feel that a lot of its problems are due to it being a game pack. If more had been added to it as an EP, it would be much better.

Realm of Magic. Again, something I bought because it was on sale. Its premades are ugly, I don't use spellcasters, and its world is tiny due to being a GP world.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    StrangerVille
    Every GP has something good and it's definitely hard for me to choose between Vampires and Strangerville, because they are both so much fun in their own way, but I voted for Strangerville now, because playing the story was a lot of fun and I think it might have been the most intense gaming session I've had with TS4.

I mean I was really invested in playing it and couldn't wait to continue when I had to go to sleep. I wanted to hurry and finish the story but I also took my time and enjoyed the two teens I played with. I have already decided who will be my next Strangerville hero, but it's not her time yet :smile:

I also like Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat (tents <3 ) a lot.