Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 gender patch, and The Sims 5

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why is every game now has to be politically correct? The Sims game is already fine as it is and already catered to LGBTQ community without each of these thing forcefully shoved down on our throat.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Why is every game now has to be politically correct? The Sims game is already fine as it is and already catered to LGBTQ community without each of these thing forcefully shoved down on our throat.

Sincerely I hope they add an option for generated sims have chance of have custom gender
    Could be a checkbox ubder options > Game system
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Can we have options to select our sims to be hetro or asexual.?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    No, just no. Too unreal, confusing, and down right ridiculous all at the same time.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Although I was happy with the gender changes that were made to the Sims 4, having male Sims get pregnant or female Sims impregnating does not seem realistic. Let's see where science is in 25 years.

As well as laws and public perception.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I prefer the way they've done things in Sims 4. That way, the people that don't want flexible gender options don't have it forced on them, and the people that do (such as myself) can do whatever they want to their heart's content. That being said, I do see where you're coming from, but I just don't think it would work.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    As far as the science (which exists) to genetically engineer babies now, this could be done in CAS. It's the future and might as well add that idea to this thread because it is about changing how we normally experience babies in The Sims. So, I think it is relative to this conversation. In CAS, players could pick eye color, hair color, body type (for later) and gender or no gender in CAS before the baby Sim was born. If we are going to add many other options then might as well add the future options of life in there for TS5, too. TS4 was sort of on the cutting edge of reminding us some people no longer have a home phone, cell phones (in many places) are a common thing. Well, setting aside ethics of genetically engineered babies or test tube, this may one day be common place and since TS5 supposedly would no longer have Sims driving cars (nor does TS4) because of the push to remove them from the world, then it should also reflect things that are in our near future, if we are no longer going to go with what is common right now, and a wave of the future.

My thoughts about kids in the game, The Sims hasn't made much difference in gender in children. Girls play with all the toys and do the same things boys do. Other than some dresses for those who like tradional wear I have never seen any other differences between those who play their kids as boys or girls. They all act the same and do the same things. And for that matter, so do adults. Though normally males would be stronger than females biologically, but there are exceptions in real life of either weaker or stronger physically, The Sims has never protrayed those differences, so it's not real clear to me what 'gender' differences we expect since we have never seen any, anyway.

I understand this is about how someone feels, but if we add this to every Sim, (the OP's request) shouldn't we also also add the ability to grow a beard (biological differences) for each Sim, if we remove any biological restraints on all Sims?
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Making all sims agender hermaphrodites sounds too far fetched for my liking. There's a lot to be said for letting people see themselves in the game, but there's also something to be said for a normal baseline. The vast majority of people are cis, so I'm okay with the vast majority of sims being straight and gendernormative.

If you ask me, the next big push for sim inclusiveness will be disability. They want to do it, the real questions are how to do so without making it liable to go bad in one way or another.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I understand this is about how someone feels, but if we add this to every Sim, (the OP's request) shouldn't we also also add the ability to grow a beard (biological differences) for each Sim, if we remove any biological restraints on all Sims?

It's trivial to tag a sim as male while using female frame, voice, and other gender options. You can then tack on a beard, and all that would be out of place on your bearded lady would be the pronouns. Both a cheat to activate facial hair for female sims, and an ability to specify pronouns are things that I could see the studio including.
    edited February 2020
    Making all sims agender hermaphrodites sounds too far fetched for my liking. There's a lot to be said for letting people see themselves in the game, but there's also something to be said for a normal baseline. The vast majority of people are cis, so I'm okay with the vast majority of sims being straight and gendernormative.

If you ask me, the next big push for sim inclusiveness will be disability. They want to do it, the real questions are how to do so without making it liable to go bad in one way or another.

It's trivial to tag a sim as male while using female frame, voice, and other gender options. You can then tack on a beard, and all that would be out of place on your bearded lady would be the pronouns. Both a cheat to activate facial hair for female sims, and an ability to specify pronouns are things that I could see the studio including.

I admit I'm a bit confused by the request of the OP. They can do all that in the gender patch. Why it would be necessary to be able to click on all Sims and all Sims could get each other pregnant is perhaps beyond my understanding as I'm more into the biology of what is actually possible. Players choose if their Sim can receive or give in gender patch. Why it would be necessary to expand this to all Sims when we know it's not possible in biology is a question the OP will have to answer I guess for me to understand.
    The reason I brought up a beard of male facial hair is this, other than a beard and who can have children in the game are the Only biological differences left in The Sims for those who play a more biological game. It's all we have left. As I said I wouldn't want it to also be a thing for All Sims. There are no other biological differences in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Nah, not interested in this. The only feature I like is the crossover between some males shirts or hairstyles I want for my female sims and vice versa
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sounds like you want the ability for your active sim to both impregnate your target sim and be impregnated by your target sim regardless of the sex of either sim when you use the 'try for baby' interaction. I don't have a problem with that since it will be player initiated so won't affect my game if I don't use it.

I don't mind your other request either (for random pregnancy in uncontrolled households of same-sex couples regardless of the couple's sex) as long as I have an option of turning it off.

I don't usually play same-sex, bi or trans sims, but I know that they naturally exist in the real world. That could be because I understand biology rather than believe in it though.
    Post edited by g01denswan on
    As for me I wouldn't want risky woohoo, either. When I play any of these games, I want to feel I'm in control. Try for baby is a dice roll anyway. And I wouldn't want my female to be pregnant from another female. I like a little bit of reality in my games.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    As for the same scenario for risky woohoo, that's fine with me as well if it's only player initiated. I too am a realistic player, but not so much that I unreasonably try to control what others do in their game by cherry picking what is realistic and what is not. Realistically, not all females can get pregnant and not all males can impregnate.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

I admit I'm a bit confused by the request of the OP. They can do all that in the gender patch. Why it would be necessary to be able to click on all Sims and all Sims could get each other pregnant is perhaps beyond my understanding as I'm more into the biology of what is actually possible. Players choose if their Sim can receive or give in gender patch. Why it would be necessary to expand this to all Sims when we know it's not possible in biology is a question the OP will have to answer I guess for me to understand

As I said, also you could select who become pregnant. Target sim (for non-played families, the female, for a straight couple)

leo3487 wrote: »

I admit I'm a bit confused by the request of the OP. They can do all that in the gender patch. Why it would be necessary to be able to click on all Sims and all Sims could get each other pregnant is perhaps beyond my understanding as I'm more into the biology of what is actually possible. Players choose if their Sim can receive or give in gender patch. Why it would be necessary to expand this to all Sims when we know it's not possible in biology is a question the OP will have to answer I guess for me to understand

As I said, also you could select who become pregnant. Target sim (for non-played families, the female, for a straight couple)

I appreciate you answering me. But don't we already do this inside the gender patch. Why have it so on all Sims? I thought there were choices of who could get pregnant in gender patch. I would prefer to set things in CAS. I would also wish for sexual preference in CAS, I hope they do patch that into TS4 because this game doesn't always go the direction the player set out to play when any of them are in a romantic mood.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I appreciate you answering me. But don't we already do this inside the gender patch. Why have it so on all Sims? I thought there were choices of who could get pregnant in gender patch. I would prefer to set things in CAS. I would also wish for sexual preference in CAS, I hope they do patch that into TS4 because this game doesn't always go the direction the player set out to play when any of them are in a romantic mood.
    Are you against same sex marriages and pregnancies in the game Cine? This is my beliefs in irl that though I don’t condone same sex marriages. I also think everyone should be equal and be able to be who they want that should be true in the game to. I feel like the game caters to straight people and not others that are confused about their gender preferences. But I feel that it should be in the game in a way that doesn’t force others to have that in the game. It’s just there for those who want that in the game. I sometimes don’t always have all my families kids be straight it makes the family unique when they are all different and how you want to tell your story.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Lol I came here to make the (admittedly bad) joke that they might just remove gender altogether and call it a "feature" .. until I read the OP 😂 yeah no, please no. Gender is a real thing. I'm completely cool with some people going the "genderless" route, and I have the utmost respect for the transgender community, but I personally want males and females. Period. :)

Are you against same sex marriages and pregnancies in the game Cine? This is my beliefs in irl that though I don’t condone same sex marriages. I also think everyone should be equal and be able to be who they want that should be true in the game to. I feel like the game caters to straight people and not others that are confused about their gender preferences. But I feel that it should be in the game in a way that doesn’t force others to have that in the game. It’s just there for those who want that in the game. I sometimes don’t always have all my families kids be straight it makes the family unique when they are all different and how you want to tell your story.

I thought they handled the gender patch with dignity and respect to those who want to play transgenders and those who don't. I'm confused by why it should be for all Sims when this is a life simulator (or it least used to be, SV doesn't fit this game, for me) There are laws of nature that I thought this game would reflect, such as how we all got here, and is about 99% of the world is still in agreement of how children get here. The world still has to turn on it's axis, the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west no matter where you are. It's a life simulator and though the OP may wants this to be possible for all Sims as far as Sims representing humans I think the choices given in gender patch shouldn't be for all Sims. But others can play however they want, it's just not settings I would want on every Sim of age in the game.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    As well as TS2implemented homosexual marriage, The Sims 3 Into The Future same-sex reproduction, The Sims 4 gender options, so we can make a male sims than can be pregnant or a female sim than can impregnate other sims...

The Sims 5 should bring our sims to next level: All sims dual gender (reproductive-wise), no matter if look male or female, always you have the option to try for baby, as all sims will be able to impregnate and be impregnated. As well for controlled sims, target sim become pregnant, and in case to implement story progression, at uncontrolled households, follow the "straight" rule for male and female couple, and random but one sim each time, for same-sex couples.

This is already in sims 4 though? I mean, you have to set it in CAS whether they can impregnate or be impregnated, and males who can't be impregnated still can be via an alien. Are you trying to be inflammatory or ???
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I am 100% for adding in more options, but I think it's important to keep these kinds of features optional. I use the gender patch all the time in my Sims 4 game, and I think it would be great if your idea was added as another option, but it should remain an option and not be introduced as a forced default for anyone. I will always be behind the addition of more toggles and more options to choose from, though, because that is the best way for people to be able to customize the game to their tastes and I think that's incredibly important in this kind of game. We all have different styles of play we enjoy and my style really isn't any more important than anyone else's in the end. Way more things in the sims needs to be optional and customizable, imo, but none of those things should become the forced default.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I thought they handled the gender patch with dignity and respect to those who want to play transgenders and those who don't. I'm confused by why it should be for all Sims when this is a life simulator (or it least used to be, SV doesn't fit this game, for me) There are laws of nature that I thought this game would reflect, such as how we all got here, and is about 99% of the world is still in agreement of how children get here. The world still has to turn on it's axis, the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west no matter where you are. It's a life simulator and though the OP may wants this to be possible for all Sims as far as Sims representing humans I think the choices given in gender patch shouldn't be for all Sims. But others can play however they want, it's just not settings I would want on every Sim of age in the game.

I get that I don’t really use the transgender part because I don’t feel like my sims are that confused about their gender but I do have same sex marriages in my game and they have kids. I think I did the transgender thing once in my game and it was cute how my families got to know that family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    when it comes to the sims or reality everyone is equal and in term of the sims game each players are in title to chose how they play in the game as a player i do not use the transgender content, and like i mention in an earlier post you need to think storywise when it comes to the sims game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm generally pro-representation and pro LGBTQIA+ but I also think that the only options we need beyond what's already in the Sims 4 is a pronouns one. Adding one now would be a pain, but if they plan it into the works for Sims 5, I think it could be quite useful.

It's also easier from a modeling perspective. DAZ tried going unisex with their Genesis 1 figure, and while I liked it, even I had to admit that designing clothing that could survive morphing to either frame was... challenging unless the item was something designed to be generic - like a t-shirt (and even those stretched something terrible across the chest when Genesis was morphed to have even moderately sized breasts.) Yes, the tech is getting better, but having separate models makes designing clothing for the different frames much easier, and the clothing generally looks better too. And Sims isn't nearly on Daz Studio's level when it comes to morphing tech.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Putting aside my thoughts that the OP may not actually think this is a good idea and is just trying to start something, not only would such a system be completely unrealistic, but as the responses indicate, it would turn off the majority of the Simming community for obvious reasons, especially if it was a forced option none of us could ignore. This is an awful idea and I can't see why it was presented in the first place.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I think some of ya'll are VERY confused about in vitro (it isn't genetically engineered babies. That's not a thing that even rich people do) and what it means to be trans or intersex or otherwise non-cis. Please, if you aren't knowedgable on the subjects or are against non-hetero lives, PLEASE do not spread misinformation. That is INCREDIBLY dangerous and gets people killed. People are actually, physically murdered because of people who do not understand non-cis/hetero lives. So please be courteous that your opinion doesn't trump lives.

That being said, what OP is looking for is basically already in the game now.