Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best sims4 expansion pack in your opinion

Comments

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Get Together
    Guess I'm in the minority for not caring about Seasons that much. I voted Get Together, with Discover University as a close second. I like to build and I love to get new worlds, so not having one in Seasons is a massive downside for me (I 100% understand why they couldn't add one as the work to implement the weather everywhere was a massive undertaking, but as I mainly build I appreciate worlds more than weather).

Windenburg is the largest world, and is very well done and the entire build/buy catalogue is great. Plus when I do play, the club system is so useful. I'm creating a save file and adding clubs and making them appear in certain venues is a great way to populate the world. Britechester is great, could have a few more lots though, the build/buy is very versatile and the dormitory and university system in general is very well done. Maybe I am biased to the worlds not based on the USA though, everything that makes it more international is great and I love a more diverse game.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons hands down wasn't a hard choice for me. I would have been over the moon if it was the very first EP.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Get Together
    Get together, seasons, discover university and get to work are all very close at the top of my list.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Island Living
    Conflicted here... Island Living is my favorite, but I probably wouldn't call it the best. Both Get together and Get famous add more gameplay and are far more versatile.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2020
    Cats & Dogs
    I love cats and dogs, both in real life and in Sims 4. I waited for this expansion since I got Sims 4 and i wasn't disappointed. I love everything in it; running a vet clinic, BB and CAS items, cats and dogs themselves are great and Brindleton Bay became my favorite world instantly... until Seasons ruined it.
    I love the fact that pets are very needy in Sims 4, my Sims have no problems with taking care of them. I also love that pets are not playable, they feel more like real cats and dogs.

The other expansions that are on top of my list are also the most unpopular ones, I guess. I love Island Living and Get To Work.
    When Seasons was released I was excited because it was the other expansion that I had been waiting for, but it turned out to be a disappointment.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Get Together
    Tie between Get Together and City Living, this time I voted for Get Together.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get Together
    Discover University is super close behind though :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Seasons
    The only EP that I bought at a full price. Love the gradual changes of the season. My wishful thinking is, one day, we could have the snow depth. DU is my next favourite EP.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    City Living
    They're all great! But there's something special in San Myshuno atmosphere. The neighborhoods are super diverse, the apartments as well. The food is really cool, the festivals super fun.
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Island Living
    My personal favorite is Island Living. How can you go wrong with beach front property and mermaids?! :)
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2020
    Seasons
    I like them for different reasons...

Get to Work & Get Famous: Active careers are sometimes fun to play.
    Get Together: Windenburg is the best world
    City Living: I like the world and some of the objects and CAS items
    Cats & Dogs: CAS and BB objects are cute. I guess pets are sometimes fun but I never have the energy to take care of them.
    Seasons: Weather changes are fun (and sometimes annoying) and the items are cute
    Island Living: Pretty world and nice build items. Don't care about mermaids cos I don't play occults.
    Discover University: Best CAS items by far... I guess the university is fine too but the degrees take too long.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Seasons
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I love cats and dogs, both in real life and in Sims 4. I waited for this expansion since I got Sims 4 and i wasn't disappointed. I love everything in it; running a vet clinic, BB and CAS items, cats and dogs themselves are great and Brindleton Bay became my favorite world instantly... until Seasons ruined it.
    I love the fact that pets are very needy in Sims 4, my Sims have no problems with taking care of them. I also love that pets are not playable, they feel more like real cats and dogs.

The other expansions that are on top of my list are also the most unpopular ones, I guess. I love Island Living and Get To Work.
    When Seasons was released I was excited because it was the other expansion that I had been waiting for, but it turned out to be a disappointment.

Ahh you reminded me that I haven't even tried to run a vet clinic yet. I like Brindleton Bay too, but why did you say that Seasons ruined it? I think I bought Seasons first, so I'm curious to know what was different before?
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    City Living
    City living hands down is my favorite. I still keep using the festivals, apartments and hanging out in San Myshuno.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Seasons
    I chose Seasons. I really love having snow for the holidays. I love the rain. I love seeing piles of leaves. It makes the game so much more enjoyable for me. City Living is a close second. I love the apartments and all the city festivals. Third choice would be Get to Work because I love being able to go to work with my Sims and play at the Medical, Scientist, Detective, Acting lots.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    It is almost impossible for me to choose only one. I am torn between my favorites which are Get to work, Island Living, Seasons and Cats and Dogs. I chose Cats and Dogs because It adds so much nice things in my family gaming style. I love all the clothing and new furniture. Cats and Dogs world is also beautiful. It has lot of content, it actually has everything: lot of new CAS, Color wheels for pets, new world, very well designed Cats and Dogs, nice looking furniture, new gameplay and new profession vet that is not rabbithole. Only thing is it´s missing other pets like horses, I truly miss horses in the game so much. Even when I am not adding pets in the household Cats and Dogs is still usable in those families because I can still use that world and nice stuff that comes with it.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2020
    Cats & Dogs
    elliendre wrote: »

Ahh you reminded me that I haven't even tried to run a vet clinic yet. I like Brindleton Bay too, but why did you say that Seasons ruined it? I think I bought Seasons first, so I'm curious to know what was different before?

It's the constant thunder days in Brindleton Bay with Seasons. I play with 14 day seasons and for example last time I played summer in Brindleton Bay I got 5 thunder days in a row, then one cloudy day and then several days of thunder again. My Sims are tense all the time and they can't do things because of it, the actions are greyed out, my teens couldn't do their homework for days and even the pets were miserable all the time.
    I know I can turn the weather effects off but I don't want to do that, I have no problem with thunderstorms and other extreme weather effects, but I just find it a bit too intense that they happen every day. My Sims can't enjoy summer in their own world, I have to make them travel to some other world for them to be able to have fun and get rid of their tense moodlets.

I do like a lot of things on Seasons, even if I'm disappointed on few things on it. It's just kind of "love and hate" expansion pack for me and I definitely wouldn't want to play without it. :)
  • PersephoneHazardPersephoneHazard Posts: 7 New Member
    Seasons
    For me it was a tie between Seasons and Discover University. In the end I went for Seasons, but only because it effects *every* part of the game rather than just one chunk of a Sim's life - and I must admit that I find DU to be incredibly buggy and glitchy, though I don't know how much of that could be caused by my enormous mods and CC collection.
  • PersephoneHazardPersephoneHazard Posts: 7 New Member
    Seasons
    Dang, can I not edit posts? I just realised I used 'effect' where it should be 'affect' and I can't fix it and now I'm sad lmao
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2020
    Seasons
    Just because it has an impact on your everyday gameplay, the other expensions not that much.

It's a well done pack and we finally got calendars which I was hoping for since I played Sims 2.
    I waited a looooong time for it :D
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Seasons
    There are actually 3 I feel add to the game a lot, for my gameplay.

1. Seasons. There's a reason it's the winning option. Weather looks beautiful, it adds pizazz so everyday isn't the same, holidays are fun and you can make your own. Personally also really love beekeeping and flower arranging.
    2. City living. When I first played city living, it felt like a whole different game. Honestly. Still does sometimes. I like the different districts, festivals (even though they're broken, RIP), careers and bb/cas is pretty great too.
    3. Get to work. I know this one doesn't get any love from the community because it was the first pack and there are a number of areas in which they could've gone further (aliens should've been an actual occult like vampires, for one). However, I still REALLY enjoy this pack. I love the career options and that I don't always have to be at work to do well. I like aliens even though they could be better, and that you can even visit Sixam. I've had the pack for years and still haven't worked my way up to that, or aced all the careers or experimented with all the science gadgets you can make (rotational no-cheats player, things can take awhile).
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    Get Famous
    Dang, can I not edit posts? I just realised I used 'effect' where it should be 'affect' and I can't fix it and now I'm sad lmao

You press the cog in the top right corner
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    City Living
    It has to be city living for me on a personal basis. I love the whole cultural thing, festivals, bb items and love my sims learning the recipes. However seasons and island living are joint second. Seasons should be base game at the least now. Island living although maybe has the least gameplay for an ep I love it so much it’s the only ep I love all the gameplay, cas and bb objects from. Plus mermaids are the only occult I play in sims 4 as all the others I find so boring
    Seasons
    It's the constant thunder days in Brindleton Bay with Seasons. I play with 14 day seasons and for example last time I played summer in Brindleton Bay I got 5 thunder days in a row, then one cloudy day and then several days of thunder again. My Sims are tense all the time and they can't do things because of it, the actions are greyed out, my teens couldn't do their homework for days and even the pets were miserable all the time.
    I know I can turn the weather effects off but I don't want to do that, I have no problem with thunderstorms and other extreme weather effects, but I just find it a bit too intense that they happen every day. My Sims can't enjoy summer in their own world, I have to make them travel to some other world for them to be able to have fun and get rid of their tense moodlets.

I do like a lot of things on Seasons, even if I'm disappointed on few things on it. It's just kind of "love and hate" expansion pack for me and I definitely wouldn't want to play without it. :)

Oh that makes sense, I don't usually play a Sim who lives there, but I do like to visit. It is often overcast though. My child sims are usually okay with thunderstorms, but my toddler Sims get so upset they won't sleep even after the storm passes. I wish I could add the stormchaser trait to the Sims at all ages

The option will appear eventually. I think it's when you switch from new member to member or post a number of times. The cog will appear in the top right and you will be able to edit.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Cats & Dogs, City Living & Get Famous are my top 3. Cats & Dogs will always be tops though. I think I love it more than normal because I had a terrible time with Sims 3 Pets. I could never see them if I zoomed out even a little, and they always had giraffe necks. There's none of that in 4. All the animals have unique personalities (if you make them that way) and they're all so adorable. I love the little touches in cat behavior especially like the stomping of their front paws right before they lay down. And passing out in their food lol
    1500x500.jpg