Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy sims don't need to smile 100% all the time

2...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    ronh wrote: »
    The smiling is not nearly as annoying as the every-3-second high-pitched "ha" that some sims have. Penny Pizzazz, I think, is one of those sims that has to be banished or altered.

🤣🤣🤣🤣honestly some of these noises sims make crack me up.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited February 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    There are actually two different problems discussed here.

One is Sims constantly beeing in a happy mood (which can be changed by using mods like RoBurky's True Happiness mod or any happybuffschangedtofine mod (e.g. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603 and if one wants to go even further additionally lesshappyfoodanddrink and/or laundy buffs fix)

The other one are overtoned facial expressions (which has already been discussed in this thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822154/please-adjust-the-ear-to-ear-happy-smile/p1
    can be fixed by using mods like Shimrods Facial Overlay mod
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574482
    or a similar mod like my lessfacialoveraction
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/)

So we are just supposed to rely on the modding community to fix every shortfall this game has? I don't think so...this also doesn't help people who refuse or simply don't like to use mods in their game.

It might help the Simgurus though to think of solutions how to fix the issue with a future patch.

That being said, I doubt that EA considers these problems an issue they are willing to fix. They've basically been there since launch. No one can force them to take care of the issues, one can only hope they'll do at some point.

And modders aren't to blame if they're quicker than EA, neither are they to blame for issues that remain unfixed.

While I'm aware that some players aren't willing to use mods, there might also be players here that might be grateful to see there are (at least) mod options to deal with the shortcomings described in this thread. So I don't think it an offence to share such info here even if it cannot help those that refuse to use mods.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    The smiling is not nearly as annoying as the every-3-second high-pitched "ha" that some sims have. Penny Pizzazz, I think, is one of those sims that has to be banished or altered.

Omg I hate that! I've only heard female sims do it and it's the most annoying idle noise ever.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Sims with Melodic voice shouldve been banished from existence, this particular voice option grates my nerves so much.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Sims are freaks.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Check out the sims in Strangerville, they have the weirdest smiles on their faces & they look like happy zombies. LOL
  • BatterfangBatterfang Posts: 3 New Member
    I just wish the toothy grin would be taken care of lol. Replace it with a subtle smile, closed! Like the little photo when sims feel fine.
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    I don't mind it too much because of how goofy and cute some of the faces they make are, but I do agree the big toothy grins are a bit much 100% of the time.
    37mfj.png
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    There are actually two different problems discussed here.

One is Sims constantly beeing in a happy mood (which can be changed by using mods like RoBurky's True Happiness mod or any happybuffschangedtofine mod (e.g. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603 and if one wants to go even further additionally lesshappyfoodanddrink and/or laundy buffs fix)

The other one are overtoned facial expressions (which has already been discussed in this thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822154/please-adjust-the-ear-to-ear-happy-smile/p1
    can be fixed by using mods like Shimrods Facial Overlay mod
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574482
    or a similar mod like my lessfacialoveraction
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/)

So we are just supposed to rely on the modding community to fix every shortfall this game has? I don't think so...this also doesn't help people who refuse or simply don't like to use mods in their game.

Modders: Have this gameplay improvement or fix for free with the option to support us via Patreon!

The Sims Studio: Lets release more DLC!

😇
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Meaningful Stories is a good mod for balancing out the emotions. As the comment above pointed out, the Sims in this iteration have this Stepford vibe.

Yes indeed. Can't play without this anymore, it does a lot to counteract their ridiculous mood swings.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    > @DeafSimmer said:
    > Meaningful Stories is a good mod for balancing out the emotions. As the comment above pointed out, the Sims in this iteration have this Stepford vibe.

"Stepford vibe" is exactly the right phrase for Sims 4. Unfortunately.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I’ve been advocating for an overhaul to the Emotions System, like, two or more years ago. In my opinion, one of the simpler ways to “correct” the overpowering happy emotion is to go over every moodlet and change most of the Happy moodlets to Fine ones.

To lay it out further, cancel the mechanic of Happy strengthening other positive emotions and make it a stand-alone emotion. “Fine” should be the base emotion, so I suggest most of the Happy moodlets that we have now (e.g., Have a Good Meal, Decorated, Cozy Fire, etc.) should be changed into Fine. And the points of the positive and negative moodlets should be increased to make Fine not overpowering.

I believe by doing this, the constant happy issue can be solved, and the emotional flip-flopping could be alleviated.

I agree. Sometimes it's expected that a sim should look really happy, but in this game it's often a bit too much. I like making my sim's living space look nice, but I really dislike the Happy buffs that come with it. When sims older than toddlers are 'happy' it's almost always because of 'nice decor'. Sure, it's nice to have a nice clean space to live in, but that really shouldn't overwrite all your other feelings, especially the more serious ones like when a sim's loved ones die.

The default mood does seem to be happy, but it really should be fine. There's nothing wrong with being fine/content! My sims tend to feel 'fine' a tiny bit more often since I installed the Laundry Day pack, because there's a 'dry clothing' buff that gives +2 to wearing dry clothes. I like that buff a lot.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    Emotions are a sham in this game. TS4 Sims were never meant to have emotions or feelings, the player was meant to provide those.

It seems to me that EA has given up on the idea of providing Sims with believable emotions and reactions to stimuli. The proof is in the company's insistence (despite changing horses midstream on TS4) that the series must go the route of online multiplayer. That way, they officially don't have to keep up the pretense of simulating anything.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg