Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen Venues

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Since 2014 the NPC teens are only allowed to visit parks, I propose to give them some other places to visit

- Arcade
- Dinner/Fastfood restaurant
- Trampoline park
- Skatepark
- Fun fair
- Comic/Video game store

They could also be allowed to hang out in park, swimming pool and library.

hang_o10.jpg

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I thought using the "teen venue" lot trait helped them visit different places. I've done that for youth centres and cafes in the past. An arcade would be great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Bowling Alleys?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    If they were to expand teen venues to actual places, I'd like to see a juice bar - that is, a bar or nightclub where nothing intoxicating is served and is aimed at the 16-20 crowd in terms of music and decor. I mean, I assume they still exist (I remember a couple from the late 80's early 90's that were very popular around here.)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I thought using the "teen venue" lot trait helped them visit different places. I've done that for youth centres and cafes in the past. An arcade would be great.
    I'm pretty sure that only helps with teens walking around the neighborhood they don't actually go inside the community lot venues that's saved for elders from my experience. I swear without the club feature I'd never see my teens anywhere.

I'd love a skate park not sure I'd want it as its own lot type though instead integrated into regular park so you could have a regular park, skate park or a combo of both with the limited lots we got in each world this would be best. But yeah a skate park and a arcade lot that actually attracted teens would be amazing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    100% I feel like the Sims 4 is catered to young adult sims, and it needs to think beyond that demographic and add depth where the game seems to need it.

I would also like to see a correlation between After School Activities and Hang Outs.

Like, for instance, if a Sim is in the drama club, it would be really cool to have them tour the sets in Get Famous and do plays. Especially since, as a theater kid, there were so many times where you’d hang out after rehearsal and get food and trash talk. I could see fellow club Sims asking if your Sim wanted to hang out after the activity. Or, if in scouts, Scout Sims can go camping and tell scary stories, hike and collect objects together.

I think if they added more variety and gave teenage sims opportunities to hang out with their fellows in the club, not only could it potentially give them scholarships for University, but it would also make a lot of sense. Artistically minded teen sims would love to go paint with their fellow club member in the park, swim team sims would practice in the local swimming hole, or e-sport enthusiast sims would go to the arcade and game together. Especially if you had the opportunity to “link lots” to that after school activity- similar to how Get Together’s club system has club hangouts in various public lots in Windenburg.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    You know what Drama club needs? Cast Parties.
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    [quote="DaWaterRat;c-17380651"]You know what Drama club needs? Cast Parties.[/quote]

Oof, that sent me way back.

I was the Jay Gatsby of the cast parties back in the day, so bringing that back with my beloved pixel dorks would be 😂😂🙃🙃

(By that I mean, hiding, being obsessed with a light, saying “old sport” a lot... you know... the usual teen experience.)

Tbh, it seems like being in a weird drama club in high school is a shared experience. High School Musical: The Musical seems to have gotten that fact down pat. I really need EA to include the “saying shady stuff about the lead in the seniors Subaru outside a KFC,” “junior almost hurling during their big number because of the unofficial cast party the night before,” “do I have a crush on you, or are you just less annoying than anyone else and I’m around you all the time?” Like EA got Stan twitter down pat in Get Famous, we need justice for Drama Club. Lmao
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    I like a lot of the stuff that Sims 3 generations had to offer for the teens - proms, teen parties, graduation is a semi-event (that parents could attend!), and just more involvement in teen life in general. I don't know how those things could be added at this point with parenthood already out and whatnot.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I've been feeling really nostalgic lately. I was a teen in the late 90s/early 00s. We used to hang out at the mall, arcade, bowling alley, Sonic Burger, school dances, carnivals, the skate park, and movie theaters. I'd love for teens to have more to do. Arcades and school dances are top of my list, but I'd love to see the world expanded more. I was a huge fan of TS2 and feel like the magic from those days is gone. It was always fun to have my teen sims sneak out and be brought home by the cops! Haha.
  • esquoiresquoir Posts: 28 Member
    I feel like this is very much needed in the game, as well as elderly exclusive venues, child exclusive venues.. i would love a lot to make birthday parties and be able to change the decoration
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I don't see the need for exclusive venues that further partition everyone and segregate by age, so much as taking off whatever stops teen Sims from autonomously going everywhere adults can. Because they can in real life, except to clubs that are drinking age only, and up.

So, yes to enabling movement autonomy to teens, no to making a bunch of venues that only allow specific age groups (aside from adults-only for the same reasons they exist in real life).
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I think, in general, there's not enough leisurely activities to do, especially outside of the home, regardless of age. If they just add in more of these kinds of activities, then people can decide how they want them to be played, i.e. make them for teens or whomever.