Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

room mates and friendships

I've have my sim live with several roommates at once and they play chess together constantly talk together , watch t.v together and eat together. They have been living together for weeks and I just noticed one of them is a stranger because I never initiated and introduction. Why ????? I thought they should've been close friends by now. They even opened presents together!!
I think it's time this is changed.
Laugh out loud. Often

Comments

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I hate that sims idle talk but they rarely do interactions on their own with household sims unless they're already friends or family.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Agreed.
  • FearlessUntamedFearlessUntamed Posts: 22 Member
    Yeah, that's rather annoying.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I agree! I’m not a fan of the roommates system at all. It seems that roommates are given invisible quirks that can make it difficult to maintain a friendship, plus they are not good at keeping up with their own needs. My Sim right now has a roommate that she’s trying to develop a romantic relationship with, and I’m finding it very difficult. He is always cleaning which I thought was great at first, but he will endlessly mop puddles during rainstorms. This action will cause a pop up saying that he can’t take care of his needs and might move out.. um maybe stop mopping and eat something? He will also use mean interactions despite not having the mean or evil traits (he is an active, bro, vegetarian), this has caused huge hits on their relationship. I like the concept, but overall I think the system needed a bit more polish. It would be better if the Sims traits were what drove their actions, instead of it being completely random. I completely agree with you on not being expected to introduce yourself to someone living in your home.. I mean really?!