Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you play as a roommate?

Or only the sim that you originally moved in? I want to level up a roommates skills and complete some aspirations without adding them to the household

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    You can't play as the roommate because they're not technically living on the lot like your main Sim is.
    You could add skills through cheats, though.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    But can you invite them to become part of your household like with other Sims you have gained friendships with?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    But can you invite them to become part of your household like with other Sims you have gained friendships with?

Yes, there is an option to add them to the household. I have done this once when I had my sim ask her boyfriend to be her roommate. After he accepted there was this option.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Yes, there is an option to add them to the household. I have done this once when I had my sim ask her boyfriend to be her roommate. After he accepted there was this option.

Ooh, this is neat! Thanks. I haven't tried the roommate system yet, but I think it is a great alternative from having to add yet another Sim to my ever growing collection of Sims that are part of my played household rotation if I want some permanent company for my Sims.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ooh, this is neat! Thanks. I haven't tried the roommate system yet, but I think it is a great alternative from having to add yet another Sim to my ever growing collection of Sims that are part of my played household rotation if I want some permanent company for my Sims.

The nice thing about roommates was when her boyfriend was living with her as her roommate, he was always inviting sims over for parties. So my sim never had to venture out just to meet some new people. She even decided to have a holiday gathering during one of his parties. Worked out pretty well.