Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Life Stories: Four Corners - lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3

DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 3 Builders
HmbQw2C.png

For the last few months, I have been remaking various odds and ends from Sims 2 and its spinoffs inside Sims 3 as a sort of personal challenge. Today I have completed the majority of Four Corners, using Riverview as the 'construction ground' for everything.

Four Corners is the primary neighbourhood shipped with Sims Life Stories, and is for all intents and purposes, a 'lost' Sims 2 town, as it can, with a lot of work, be imported into Sims 2 itself. Since its pretty much unknown by a lot of Sims players, I focused on finishing remakes of its content before the likes of Pleasantview or Strangetown.

Four Corners exists in two variants: 'Riley's Story', the primary version of Four Corners, where the story mode takes places, and 'Freeplay', a cut down version with several story characters deleted, and almost every lot from the original is present, but altered in some way. The playable sims also have some differences, usually in the clothing assignments and bios. Freeplay also has an (almost) ENTIRELY different set of townies and NPCs, with only one townie preset in both versions (and even then, he has different skills and so forth between them). I have created these variants as alternative downloads, and the optimal Four Corners for Sims 3 would be a mix of the two.

Sadly, I cannot figure out how to use Create-A-World, it seems to be the most user-unfriendly editor I have ever used, and is extremely counter-intuitive. Riverview works fine though, just delete a lot of the default lots, remove the premades and NPCs with master controller, and you can simulate the Four Corners story. Ive had a blast doing so. If anyone wants to take a crack at building a fully fledged world for these lots, that would be amazing!

I will be posting lots and families in this thread one by one. As of this post, I still have the townies and NPCs to make, but they are rather low priority. In each lot or family, I'll share the alternative versions, and also share technical info needed to stitch together the neighbourhood with Master Controller and other maintenance mods

Other Sims 2 town lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3:

1. Tutorial World - Fully Complete! (Thread restructuring needed)
  2. Pleasantview - Early Progress (Thread coming eventually!)
  3. Strangetown - Nearing Completion (Thread coming eventually!)
  4. Veronaville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  5. Bitville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
Post edited by Devalaous on

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited January 2020
    The Harlow and Foss Families

Riley Harlow had been living in Sim City all her life, until she lost her job. Facing eviction, Riley turned to the one person she could count on, her aunt Sharon. Sharon had always been kind enough to help Riley out in a pinch, so Riley arranged to stay at her aunt's house in the suburb of Four Corners until she was back on her feet.

Her friends at college used to call her "Sharon the Librarian," so after making a killing in the stock market she decided to come to Four Corners to get out of her shell. She still loves a good book, though.

Download the Storymode Harlow family and lot here
    Download the Freeplay Harlow family here
    Download the Foss family here
    Download the Freeplay empty lot here

cAunCZB.jpg
    Riley has moved into Four Corners to meet new people, seek excitement, and perhaps find love...

The main character of the story, Riley Harlow comes to live in Four Corners with her aunt Sharon Foss, and gets drawn into a plot to steal her aunt's riches by her ex-boyfriend from college, and also falls in love with the town's ladies man, eventually marrying him and having children with him. In the Freeplay version, her life is much darker, as her family is gone, her future husband no longer exists, and the villains of her story have mysteriously vanished from the town. She also starts the game with her aspiration bar in deep red, and wishes to be a cop, instead of wanting a job in the film industry. During the optional tutorial, which only occurs once on a fresh install, the game introduces Riley to a specific townie, Debbie Gonzaga, and says the two are friends, but the game doesn't actually set this up.

Official gender preference from game files:
    Male: +10
    Female: -10

Official relationships with other residents, adapted to Sims 3's single relationship bar:
    Sharon: 100
    Dylan: Ex-boyfriend, neutral relationship (Jumps to friend level after meeting him again)
    Debbie: Friend status

RKnEeQ6.jpg
    Her friends used to call her "Sharon the Librarian", so she decided to come to Four Corners to get out of her shell. She still loves a good book, though.

Technically Sharon owns the house, but due to the way the story works, you effectively own the house, while Sharon is actually a family bin sim present on the lot when the game loads. Later in the story when Sharon returns, she will be temporarily moved in as an unselectable NPC, during this time she counts as living with you. I've kept things exactly as the game does it, but feel free to merge the two. However, at the end of the story, Sharon moves out, giving Riley her house as a gift, and then moves into one of the empty homes in the nieghbourhood of the player's choosing. Sharon is a millionaire (The second richest official Sim in the whole series!), so having her start off with Riley as a playable sim, kinda ruins any and all gameplay, as Riley doesnt actually know her aunt is rich. She is not present in Freeplay, and her house is still present, completely untouched with no changes. Its as if she vanished off the face of the earth. She has no gender preference, but does have a date with an unknown sim at the end of the story, someone she met on the internet, so romance isnt out of the question.

Male: 0
    Female: 0

Riley: 100

2P7FX7F.jpg

The mother of Jane Harlow, and the sister of Sharon Foss, Jane's whereabouts have been unknown to both for some time.

This is Jane Harlow, Riley's mother, and Sharon's sister. She isnt present in the original game, and I was unable to find the mention of her that the sims wiki insists is in there. This sim is completely my own creation, and is a blend of Riley and Sharon's DNA, existing to connect the two on the family tree, otherwise Riley will be able to flirt with her aunt D: She is not included in the lot files, but will be present in a custom graveyard, so that players can use Master Controller to connect the dots on the family tree, or to revive her as a townie if they choose.

EpZVHfl.jpg
    3SSLBDW.jpg
    TzQVXcb.jpg
    QgdgcWO.jpg
    poJQCDm.jpg

10 Hyacinth Circle, the player's home base for the Four Corners story. Wasnt much of a hassle to convert, but some of the original wall patterns were a pain to emulate. Also, the broken door to Sharon's bedroom is naturally, a working door in this version :D

The Freeplay version is absolutely identical, even the aforementioned broken door is the same.
    phV4O0S.jpgBonus picture: Saw this while testing the homes in winter. Thought it was neat to see the family together.

edited January 2020
    The Fortuna Family

A lifelong go-getter, Fiona can't understand why her daughter Madison can't stand even the smell of Simoleons.

Download the Storymode family and lot here
    Download the Freeplay family and lot here

evO93LX.jpg
    A lifelong go-getter, Fiona can't understand why her daughter can't stand even the smell of Simoleons.

Fiona Fortuna is Riley's first friend in the story, and is the town's rich ambitious woman. Her husband died in an unknown accident thats never explained or even mentioned, but she doesnt seem too phased by it. Shes very friendly and a spreader of gossip, and doesn't understand why her daughter has no interest in money and fortune. There are no differences at all between the Story and Freeplay versions of her. Her natural gender preferences are custom; she is entirely neutral towards females, instead of being repulsed.

Bailey: 75
    Madison: 55
    Mickey: 20
    Waring: 20
    Ashley: 12
    Agora: -5

fmouCo0.jpg
    Madison has grown up wanting for nothing but acceptance and love from her parents. She hopes to start a family of her own someday.

Madison Fortuna. the teenage daughter of Fiona and Bailey, only appears once during the storyline, as a guest at a wedding that Riley crashes. Her role is more prominent in the Freeplay story, where she is in love with Jacob Margison, and dreams of having a family one day. In the original, she was the only sim in the town to go to private school, but as those dont really exist, unless you want to send her off to Smugsworth Prep School, she'll have to settle for regular school. Couldnt even make a school uniform for her :p

Fiona: 55
    Bailey: 40
    Mickey: 5
    Jacob: 85, Love Interest (Freeplay only)

In3JCQm.jpg
    DgGphtQ.jpg
    In love with Fiona, Bailey wants to start a family as soon as possible.

Bailey Fortuna is kind of an enigma. He is dead in both versions of the neighbourhood, and is barely present in their memories, they dont even have a memory of his death. The only concrete things are that he was a big family sim, had preset relationships with his family, and that he wanted to be the best cop that he could be. I have given him some more depth; in this Sims 3 adaption he was a cop that failed to heed the advice of his boss and did not read the book on how to avoid concrete shoes. Thus, he met his end in a watery grave. I intended on this book being in the family inventory, but it did not actually save. In the Freeplay version of the neighbourhood, I always resurrect him, so that his character data isnt wasted, especially given how many of the sims of the neighbourhood were deleted already. In this alternate timeline, he DID read the book :D So basically the two versions only differ in that hes alive in one family, dead in the other. Extra trivia: in the Freeplay version, Fiona has a low relationship with him, a mere 25/17 daily/lifetime relationship, but on his side its the same as the story mode, a very high 'in love' relationship. I did not carry over this discrepancy, as her relationship values in the story mode already do not carry over to the ghost of him.

BavlFdw.jpg
    Ei55cTK.jpg
    Eg1gSI0.jpg
    esKiJ7i.jpg
    uTD0SiE.jpg
    21 Hyacinth Circle, the Fortuna family home. Has three bedrooms, and has enough expensive objects for the game to consider the Fortuna family 'rich'. There is absolutely no differences between the story and freeplay versions of this lot, the sole differences in a default game, is a few simoleons, and Madison's relationship with Jacob, and some relationship values. In my version of the Story mode lot, Bailey's urn is actually present, it did not exist in the original game, making the cause of his death undeterminable. I had to remove one chair from the dining table; the archway nearby makes the chair unable to be sat on, so its just sitting nearby in the hall against the wall.
    9tvLcyo.jpgBonus pic: Bailey's ghost sped off in a car to the Starlight Market, to be the vendor for the vegetable cart in there. DLC items are truly overpowered in how strong of an attraction they have.

edited January 2020
    The Smith Family

Despite his reputation as a ladies' man, Mickey is actually a hopeless romantic looking for love with the right woman. He just can't decide which woman...

SvfMAVO.jpg
    Mickey Smith, the deuteragonist of story mode, is a bit of an oddball ladies man. Extremely charismatic and charming all the ladies in town, he cant quite decide who he actually wants. Thus in the story hes kind of all over the place, makes decisions on this person and that person at the drop of a hat, and feels very eccentric. Of note is that he apparantly has a terrible phobia of grilling, caused by a childhood accident, but this cant really be replicated or enforced in either game. He even has a grill in his own home >.> Since his Slacker career does not exist in Sims 3, he has a part time job that fits what he did in SLS; he is a shopping music DJ, and even carries a Showtime DJ booth with him. His DJ skill isnt as high as Agora's though. Despite his status as the town ladies man, he actually starts with neutral gender preference for both males and females, not that it matters much; he canonically marries Riley (and becomes Mickey Harlow) and has children with her, and almost marries Agora, and all that flirting will boost his fem pref quite high by the end :p

He is entirely missing in Freeplay, although his house is present in an altered form, fully furnished, and there is a Mickey Finn in the character files with his mugshot, although missing his character data. Makes you wonder if he married someone else then mysteriously died in this timeline..

Ashley: 25
    Waring: 10
    Fiona: 20
    Madison: 5
    Agora: 20

A94OhBZ.jpg
    Dx7JO5f.jpg
    1REyQyn.jpg
    9uIUTR1.jpg
    7 Hyacinth Circle, this lot is slightly mythical in that you will never see its original contents in a natural game of Sims Life Stories. Since Mickey always marries Riley and joins the Harlow/Foss family, he always sells his house and all its items, kitchen and bathroom fixtures included. I had to restore the original lot file just to see what he originally lived in, and it differed from the Freeplay variant.

AAMeKWi.jpg
    TYHNJNE.jpg
    The Freeplay version of the lot has various edits and is generally an improved version. Did Mickey Finn have better judgement on his house?

edited January 2020
    The Kincaid Family

Dylan is living and loving his life in Four Corners. Now if he could get Mickey to stop hogging the action, he'd be set.

Download the unaltered Freeplay empty lot here

ygL6c35.jpg
    Ah, Dylan Kincaid, the antagonist of the story. He and Riley used to be partners in highschool, he was the head cheerleader at Bradshaw High, and she played on the football team (She was also captain of the chess club, so dont be surprised if shes high up in the chess rankings), but since he never actually loved her, he was caught with another woman, and Riley dumped him. Four years later, he moves into Four Corners, two weeks before Riley does, with a few get rich quick schemes, generally focused on Sharon Foss, who lives around the corner from him. As tempting as it is was to give him the evil trait, given his plotting to kill off Sharon and Riley for Sharon's fortune, his personality is actually nicer than Mickey's in Sims 2, and it seems like hes actually just an immature young man that wants money as fast as possible, and doesnt actually value love.

Throughout the story he kidnaps Sharon (if you look closely, he is driving the carpool that takes Sharon to the bank at the very beginning of Life Stories) and locks her in his basement while trying to force her to make him the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, randomly reappears in Riley's life and throws her life into turmoil as she realises she has to choose between Mickey, or her old flame Dylan, who MAY have grown up by now, sneaks into her home and waits for her after sabotaging a date with Mickey that causes him to break up with Riley, and generally gives creepy love comments while mentioning Sharon often. He cheats on Riley with Ashley Sinclair, gets caught, and beaten up by Riley, and not long after gets arrested by the cops after Sharon breaks out of his basement. He ends up back at his home after the story is over, after being in jail for most of year. Oddly enough, despite Agora being his accomplice in his plots, they do not know each other. I consider this an oversight.

He is not present in Freeplay, although there are remnants of his character data in the files, with a different outfit visible. His house is furnished, and slightly better than his story mode home (his computer room had no computer and unfinished wall texturing in the original). In this timeline, he likely succeeded in his plotting to get rid of Sharon, then disappeared mysteriously, given Riley's depression and LTW in this timeline. He starts the game off with a neutral preference for males, and a positive preference for females, instead of the usual one sided preferences.

Female: +10

Agora: Accomplices, thus positive undefined daily relationship.
    Riley: Exgirlfriend, neutral relationship instead of hostile...for now.

MbGmEYP.jpg
    Qel6Y4S.jpg
    w1wILBG.jpg
    NWxYT9h.jpg
    gyHlLKy.jpg
    0UOLR1K.jpg
    DkEWWo2.jpg
    24 Hyacinth Circle, this home's only difference between Story and Freeplay, is some missing textures are fixed in Freeplay, and a computer is added in the same room. As small as this is, I have it incorporated into both versions. Instead, the difference is entirely in the lower levels; in the story, Sharon returns with police, as a ranting Dylan has a tantrum on her front lawn before getting beaten up by a cop and then arrested. Sharon claims she was locked in his basement this whole time, and that her military training skills (Check her career history in my version of her :3) let her find a way to break free and escape (She also steals his HDTV that was down there, and gives it to Riley). However, naturally when you see his house after the story is over, there is no basement! Not to mention, Sims 2 doesnt really have proper basements, just weird tricks involving the foundations. I decided to add a basement to his home to make it credible for people to actually have her locked up. This was no small feat, including this basement was practically a miniature feat of engineering. The final result is an addition that isnt too intrusive to the original house design, and doesnt sacrifice any of the original rooms either. His basement is kind of like a little 'bro cave', has all the things needed for a trapped sim to survive. I imagine that to escape, she tore apart that flimsy staircase from behind, maybe using that bar from the fitness item, or something similarly dramatic.

I also had to move one chair from its oriinal location, as once again, angled doors make lots of movement errors happen. So now that seat is on the front deck, on the second level.

axc6v9U.jpg
    The original unaltered floor of Sims Life Stories, present in the Freeplay upload.

edited January 2020
    The Tchotchke Family

After making her living on the DJ scene in SimCity, Agora decided to disturb the quiet in Four Corners.

uVpw4JE.jpg

Agora Tchotchke (what kind of surname is that anyway? I cant even pronounce it) is the secondary antagonist of the story, a mean-spirited DJ from SimCity. She had the same career as Mickey in Life Stories, but due to her more focused DJing, I gave her higher DJ skill than Mickey. Most people in the town arent fond of her, and she comes across as 'nice, in the fake sort of way' to Riley, True enough, she has a negative opinion of Riley right after meeting, and not just storywise, the game actually gives her a hefty onesided dislike towards Riley. Agora is in on the plot to get Sharon's money, and genuinely falls for Mickey Smith, causing her to erupt in aggressive jealousy the moment Riley flirts with Mickey, after coming along uninvited when Riley invites Mickey over. For the rest of the game, her role is basically to ruin Riley's life as much as possible, and she almost marries Mickey, after Mickey decides hes going to hurriedly marry Agora after he finds out Riley was seeing her old boyfriend on the side. Riley crashes the wedding just in time, breaks the news of her plotting ot Mickey, and Agora bursts out in tears, claiming she did it for them, that they were going to split the money together. Mickey leaves her at the altar on the spot, and Riley beats her up, then she gets beaten up a second time by a cop right after, and arrested xD Then Mickey marries Riley right then and there, to the cheers of the crowd gathered. Agora is not seen again till the story closes, presumably spending close to a year in jail.

Agora is absent in Freeplay, and unlike Mickey and Dylan, doesnt even have scraps of data left of her. Her house is, like the rest, still fully furnished, making you wonder what happened to her. Did she succeed in getting rid of Sharon with Dylan, then left town in a hurry? Did she meet a nasty end herself to get cheated out of her share? Who knows..

Like Fiona, she has a neutral preference towards females, instead of a negative one. Also, throughout the story, Agora is constantly described as ugly by various other women :D (Funnily enough, my conversion made her somewhat attractive to me). Also, her original lifetime wish was to be the mayor of the town. As if THAT would happen, everyone dislikes her, and she was jailed for murder plots. I gave her something more reasonable and fitting with her personality.

Mickey: 20
    Fiona: -5
    Waring: 5
    Ashley: -5

vLOIE7B.jpg
    IJKDwOP.jpg
    T2gVCcl.jpg
    xLTDhmZ.jpg
    CEIK8bJ.jpg
    25 Hyacinth Circle, a house I dub the Party House, this home was a nightmare to make. Also, some of the lights I replaced turned out to have Sims 3 versions all along, and I just didn't look hard enough, whoops! The only differences the house has between the two versions, is a wall phone and a computer is added in the Freeplay version. I added these to the base version due to how small the changes are. Also had to move some items in the computer room, for routing reasons.

edited January 2020
    The Sinclair Family

Waring Sinclair has always been a hardworking and sharp businessman. Under his direction Ashley has become accustomed to the finer things in life, but he worries that as he enters his twilight years her attention may be wandering.

2WK2Rus.jpg

Waring Sinclair does not appear in the story except for the wedding part, where he is a guest along with his wife and the Fortunas. He is a workaholic businessman with a strong romantic side; he swept a young Ashley off her feet with his charm, and has kept her content despite the considerable age gap, but now that hes become an elder, he worries if her attention will wander; and it does. In the original game, his lifetime want was to reach the top of the business career, but he had already reached the top of his career, leaving his LTW unachievable, unless he can get demoted without being fired. for this version, he just plain already has his LTW completed, and has the points from doing so available to spend.

The Freeplay and Story versions of Waring have different clothing in nearly every category; these extra outfits are available to both versions. If he is aged down to young adult, he SHOULD have his genetic hair colour from Sims 2 already set. He has a slightly odd gender preference programmed for him, which is an odd number, all other premades use zeroes or tens.

Male: -1
    Female: +12

Ashley: 90
    Mickey: 10
    Fiona: 20
    Agora: 5

gKwTqO9.jpg
    After being swept off her feet by Waring, Ashley Sinclair married him while she was still fairly young. Lately she has been finding herself wondering what she might have missed out on.

Ashley was a tough recreation; her face is rather...unique, she has a very odd look about her. Not only that, due to Sims 2 having Adult as one big block of life ranging from 20s all the way to 50s, while Sims 3 has Young Adult and Adult, ive made Ashley an Adult, as it just doesn't make sense for Waring to have wooed a a girl fresh out of teenhood, and for Ashley to have had enough of a life with him to wonder about romances with people more her age. They still have a large age gap, its just not as extreme now. He would have wooed her as an adult, while she was a young adult. During the story, Ashley meets Riley in the park and lets her know her old boyfriend works with her (at the 'bank', despite her having a culinary career, and Dylan having a military career), and is later seen going on a date with Dylan, after Dylan stood Riley up for a night out. Dylan had no attraction to her in truth and was just using her for a bit of fun, but she actually did have an attraction, and it persists after the story has concluded. Given how ferociously romantic Waring is with Ashley in every game ive played, I can only assume she realises Waring isn't so bad afterall, as she looked for something new, and immediately got casually used by someone plotting a few murders. Ouch. Like her husband, she has a slightly odd default gender preference, and despite the cheating Ashley does, she has a sky high relationship with Waring and is still deeply in love.

Male: +12
    Female: -1

Waring: 90
    Mickey: 25
    Fiona: 12
    Agora: -5

NXZjBuA.jpg
    f1C34uX.jpg
    uh6YW5R.jpg
    hu2KPi8.jpg
    22 Hyacinth Circle. For someone whos at the top of his career, Waring's house is surprisingly dinky and plain, not a single bit of art anywhere either. Due to this, I gave him the Cant Stand Art trait. Probably another reason why Ashley's attention goes wandering, she wants some flashiness in her life.

l6dBBM8.jpg
    The Freeplay version has some small differences in the wall and floor patterns, but the furniture is identical. The household has differing funds too. Basically use which version you prefer.

edited January 2020
    The Margison Family

Keats is a well-paid scientist who only talks in facts, but his son Jacob is infatuated with Madison Fortuna, and is neglecting his schoolwork. Can Keats persuade his son that studying is more important than a shortsighted romance?

Download the Storymode family here
    Download the Storymode lot here

yDErbrn.jpg
    Keats is a noted scientist of Four Corners who only talks in facts. He worries that his son Jacob is neglecting his studies.

Keats Margison is a serious scientist with no sense of humour, who only talks in facts. At some point in his life he had a wife, who was deleted during development of Sims Life Stories, and the only trace of her left is her Want table, she had a lifetime want to be a pro athlete. Maybe Keats got too to be too much to handle? Regardless, Keats is not interested in finding another woman; his gender preference is set to actually be repulsed by women, while neutral towards males. I'm guessing his breakup affected him deeply back then, as today, his only concern is his son's 'shortsighted' infatuation with Madison Fortuna. He does not appear in the story mode, appearing in the family bin at the end, while in Freeplay, he already lives in a furnished home. I'm guessing his family arrived a bit earlier in the freeplay timeline. He had a different hairstyle in Life Stories, but Sims 3 really lacks options for dreadlocks in both genders.

Jacob: They share a 60/30ish str/ltr in Sims 2 in story mode, and a 100/40ish str/ltr in Freeplay.

lzy4u6N.jpg
    The biggest thing in Jacob's life right now is Madison Fortuna. Can he manage to pay enough attention to his school work to please his father?

Jacob Margison is a rather plain teenager living under the thumb of his studious serious scientist father. His whole story is that hes infatuated with Madison Fortuna, and that his grades are slipping as a result, something his father wont stand for. In the story mode, he has yet to even meet Madison, as hes still in the family bin, suggesting that he merely glanced her and developed a crush. In Freeplay, hes lived in the town for some time, and he and Madison are in love with an almost perfect relationship, but they arent officially partners yet.

Male: -10

Keats: See above
    Madison: 85 (Freeplay only)

vorftC3.jpg
    k9Akqde.jpg
    OF65YWo.jpg
    CZfv0Mv.jpg
    lAmW16b.jpg
    17 Hyacinth Circle, dubbed The Science Corner, the Freeplay version is a fully furnished home. There is room for a science station in Keat's research/study room, although furniture will need to be moved to house it. The science station is already in the family inventory. Jacob's room has signs of teenage stuff, so he at least has more personality than Keats does, although I feel a lot of it is suppressed by constant demands to study and learn.

HqXsG5J.jpg
    zDi5J4T.jpg
    LqlTp8s.jpg
    The story version of this lot has some structural differences, notably the MUCH bigger bathroom on the ground floor. I always move the Margisons into this lot and slowly adapt it to the Freeplay version (but I keep the bigger bathroom)

Also a design note; since the halfwalls are different in Sims 3, the staircase had to be adapted. In the original, its a straicase behind a large halfwall with tall railings, but the equivalent in Sims 3, only has short railings. That combined with the different way stairs are built, I had to change the design a bit.

edited January 2020
    The Stardust Family

Four Corners' most unlikely residents, the would-be artist Ethan and neo-hippie Mission drifted in and settled a few months ago, but for how long?

vIEzmQZ.jpg
    Ethan Stardust started his life wanting to be on the road, which led him to Four Corners.

Ethan Stardust, wandering directionless artist, now visiting Four Corners. Like the Margisons, has no role in the storymode, but is found living in Freeplay in a furnished home; evidently the family found a more permanent home here. In the original Ethan is unemployed, basically living off 'art' he makes (his painting skills are low, so I dont know how he gets anything done), here he is a self employed artist, protecting him from the game engine's habit of plucking unemployed and retired people and throwing them at any old job that needs coworkers and a boss assigned.

Mission: 80

yA8LMTl.jpg
    A hippie at heart with a penchant for black, Mission follows Ethan wherever he goes, like the scent of patchouli.

Mission is likely the one holding this family together finanicially, given her actual stable job at the diner. Unfortunately she isn't very notable as a character, mostly just being an accompaniment to Ethan. I feel in a fullfledged four corners world, she would be best off working at the diner, while Ashley works at the bistro.

Ethan: 80

u3YrDFI.jpg
    0D73Eru.jpg
    94O2jTE.jpg
    4elrS2e.jpg
    23 Hyacinth Circle, a small home thats been lived in for a while. This was the first home of Four Corners that I built, due to its 20x20 lot size.

hjeZemt.jpg
    The story version is pretty much just an empty version of this lot, not too many changes.

EDIT: Seems theres something stuck in the lot, might have accidentally uploaded a bugged version. I already had to fix issues with this lot once -.-

edited January 2020
    The Rhome Family

One of Four Corners' promising young couples, they could be harboring dark secrets that they share only with each other; or maybe they just don't get out much.

VLBGScl.jpg
    Kind and upstanding, Adrien wants someone to share his life with, and he thinks he's found the perfect partner in Sara.

Adrien might look like a grouchy brooding type, but he has a heart of gold. He looks grumpy like this in the original too, this is maybe the first time ive so accurately copied a sims look from 2. Its difficult to get people looking alike with so many engine differences. He has a skeleton in his inventory from University, to help his medical career.

The Rhomes are not natively present in either neighbourhood version, they start in the family bin in both versions, albiet with much less money in Freeplay

Sara: 80

R1m61Er.jpg
    Adrien wants to get married and settle down, but Sara is unable to commit. Is she really telling him what's on her mind?

Sara Rhome's original incarnation was always the prettiest sim in the whole Sims 2 saga to me. Had a hell of a time trying to recreate her, her face kept going into bizarre looks, or I'd make her look miserable, or so on. Sara is employed in the criminal career, and its likely this is what her commitment issues are born of. She truly loves Adrien, and likely cant just outright admit 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her career REALLY is. In Sims 2, she was a con artist, but that same career level in sims 3 is two more ranks up, so here she is a getaway driver. I find it interesting that her lifetime wish is to join the medical career, what her partner does for a living. Maybe she wants to get a clean start in life..

Adrien: 80

yMI74PW.jpg
    NECY6HY.jpg
    5foE9rA.jpg
    9jESpn5.jpg
    19 Hyacinth Circle, isnt actually owned by the Rhome family. However, in Freeplay, it is the ONLY lot they can afford, and they are left with 82 simoleons to survive off, not even enough to really get beds or anything. Due to this, I always see this as the lot meant for them, in the same way that the Stardusts and Margisons have lots that are 'meant for them' in Story mode. This home in sims 3 in its empty state, costs more than the 30,000 that the Freeplay version of the Rhomes have, so I made them simply live in the lot beforehand, and furnished the lot in s Sims 2 manner, the same way I always furnish the house in Life Stories itself. Also, apparantly this lot is pleasing, as its the most downloaded one out of all the Four Corners stuff. Hopefully I didnt make this home clash with the rest of the actually official layouts!

X0qhgTO.jpg
    FfbFBr7.jpg
    OLmMEn9.jpg
    The original storymode version of the lot is actually a bit more primitive, has several changes in windows and texturing.

Debbie Gonzaga, and the 'TownHouse'

A longtime friend of Riley Harlow, Debbie was overjoyed to hear that her friend was moving in to her little suburb of Four Corners. Surely nothing will happen to disturb the peace and quiet, right?

Download the Townie version of Debbie here
    Download the resident version of Debbie and her lot here
    Download the unmodified TownHouse here

blySimK.jpg
    Meet Debbie Gonzaga, the most notable Townie from Four Corners. Every fresh install of Life Stories has ONE chance to see this event, where you start Riley's Story, and get a prompt about a quick tutorial that only pops up this one time. Doing so loads up Riley in Old Grove Park, taking a small break before heading to Sharon's house to start her story. During this small tutorial, the game will spawn Debbie on the sidewalk, and specifically name her by name, as Riley's friend. After this tutorial, Riley gets in a taxi and heads to Sharon's house to start the story properly, thus the tutorial is actually a canon event. Due to this, I added Debbie in the initial group of Four Corners citizens.

Debbie is like any other townie, with skill points in all areas, but she has predetermined relationships with other townies, and a level 4 job in Law Enforcement; shes actually the only person in the story neighbourhood with a regular Law Enforcement career. Due to her elevated status as a townie of note, ive made a version of her thats not a townie, and a full fledged resident of Four Corners, living in one of the exclusive Lot Bin homes from Life Stories.

If you want her as a townie, move her into a random empty lot, then use Master Controller on the lot, and click Evict, this will make her homeless and she will function as a townie.

e6NubyF.jpg
    1T3UfKn.jpg
    y1ES9rk.jpg
    l5iz91v.jpg

As for the exclusive lot bin home, its nothing special, and the developers didn't even add terrain paint. Ive kept that accurate on the uploaded version, but have fixed it since. Too late to reupload now, but the improved version is what Debbie lives in now.

ZuftLeP.jpg
    Debbie's custom furnished variant

This house actually has a place its meant to go in Four Corners; in the thumbnail of the lot in Life Stories, you can spot the Corner Boutique to the home's left, thus it is a single little home near the shops, and not part of the Hyacinth Circle.

12 and 15 Hyacinth Circle

Download 12 Hyacinth Circle, aka Cape Cod Corner, here
    Download 15 Hyacinth Circle, aka Craftman's Corner, here

5PzoOVF.jpg
    RKcJvVq.jpg
    kKTRECi.jpg
    j96DWru.jpg
    QJi3LJX.jpg
    12 Hyacinth Circle is the lot right next door to Sharon's house, and is a heavily modified Cape Cod Classic from the Sims 2 Lot Bin. I always move Sharon here after she moves out in the story, as its a big classy house she can easily afford, and its literally right next door to her niece, and the children she wanted Riley to 'make many of'.

GZZH9ed.jpg
    PkFZ9e2.jpg
    FvYSx8m.jpg
    z4PYsyZ.jpg
    Ko8deS4.jpg
    ZwjyHCJ.jpg
    15 Hyacinth Circle is the only 30x30 residential lot in Four Corners, and is a modified Craftman's Pride from the Sims 2 Lot Bin. The story version of the lot is messed up, someone lived in it and was moved out, taking all the furnishings with it, and EA did not replace anything. The Freeplay version shows what the lot SHOULD look like. The lot has many small structural changes from the Craftman's Pride, and there is a building trick I had to use to get the stairs working like they are. Sims 3 does not allow ANY tiles above stairs to be covered in floor tiles, unlike Sims 2 allowing one single tile over the highest point. Even building cheats cannot overcome this. To get around this, I have placed a cleverly hidden mat over this hole in the ceiling where the stairs are, giving the illusion of a completely sealed floor. I once moved Debbie Gonzaga into this house to fill all the default homes, but its too big for one sim to live in all alone.

edited January 2020
    Old Grove Park and Gardens

Old Grove Park is Four Corner's neighborhood play area. Grand birch trees used to line the park, but were removed after they died from a previously unknown type of bronze birch borer.

Old Grove Gardens is a tranquil part of Four Corners where residents come to enjoy peace, the occasional wedding, and gazing at the pond.

Download the combined Old Grove Park and Old Grove Gardens here
    Download the Freeplay version of Old Grove Park here

VlJey2J.jpg
    S8mEmKY.jpg
    osFWYL3.jpg
    cak5PtC.jpg
    51xpdLS.jpg
    The standard story version of Four Corners splits the 30x30 park into two seperate lots, to contain the story wedding to its own spot. I was not going to do that, so I combined them into one continuous lot. This does mean you need road on both sides of the park, but thats also how it is in the original town anyway. I wonder what number of Hyacinth Circle this lot would have?

S9XlvCA.jpg
    xRrapEt.jpg
    The Freeplay version of the park is very similar, but makes use of the full 30x30 space in one singular lot, as it always should have been.

The Three Community Lots

Why buy later when you can buy right now? Come to The Corner Boutique for all the latest fashions!

Lead's Gym is a full featured Club offering the following amenities - Pool, Two Floors of Training Equipment, and Sauna. Get the Lead Out! Join Now!

Enjoy a romantic outing at our Bistro style cafe featuring full course meals for the discriminating Sim! In a hurry? Then shop at our market featuring the freshest produce.

Download 'The Corner Boutique' here
    Download 'Lead's Gym' here
    Download 'Starlight Cafe and Market' here

pR8vtt2.jpg
    O3PPDeX.jpg
    nEDDhUz.jpg
    nwUnwAg.jpg
    The Corner Boutique was the clothing store of Four Corners. Clothing stores do not exist in Sims 3, so I have adapted the store to a Consignment Store, mixed with a Nerd Shop. Was considering the Elixir store for the second register where the magazine racks used to be, but the Stories games dont really have occults, so it wouldn't make sense, and also would break the theme. I forgot to place a single rug behind the old clothing register, but its okay, as rugs that are three tiles long dont exist in 3.

PnE0bwh.jpg
    QKbfv76.jpg
    7MorC1m.jpg
    CRCKFSZ.jpg
    3sGuuV8.jpg
    Lead's Gym required no real changes to it, however I did add a few extra exercise items to the top floor. The front door of this lot keeps resetting to the door at the very back of the lot, changing the lot thumbnail, the only way to fix it is to change the lot to residential, move in someone, then set the front door manually. So yeah, just a heads up that the thumbnail MAY break again, I had to fix it twice already.

saHCvft.jpg
    z5NH1TV.jpg
    bUUUmOO.jpg
    NTKlRFL.jpg
    Starlight Cafe and Market has lots of things that just dont work in Sims 3, like the grocery store. I replaced that with a book store and the premium content that sells vegetables and produce. Its the closest you'll get, and Four Corners IS located in a rural farm area so it makes sense. The little restaurant is working, via the Bistro store content, and I made the menu as close to the original as I could, although I doubt that menu was saved with the lot; if something basic like gender preference isnt saved on sims, why would a DLC item's custom menu be?

As a little extra touch, I also added the lemonade stand nd baked goods stand for kids to sell their products, as this is Four Corner's local market

With this post, all official lots and families are accounted for. Coming eventually is a custom Four Corners graveyard, with two versions, one for Story mode which has Riley's mother's data, and the second is for a Freeplay recreation, with the graves of all those mysteriously missing sims, and there is still more characters to make, such as the townies and NPCs. They will be big batch uploads, nd possibly some of the townies will be like Debbie, moved into the empty homes and exclusive lot bin homes.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    omg this is so cool
    Four Corners Graveyard

Even a quiet little town like Four Corners needs a place for the dead to rest..

Download the regular story version of the Graveyard here
    Download the Freeplay version of the Graveyard here

R95oLud.jpg
    ivUylWO.jpg
    I finished this lot a long time ago, shortly after finishing up the main lots and sims, but forgot to upload them. This is a simple graveyard in the style of the Four Corners lots. There are two versions, one has empty graves, intended for the 'story version', the other is a graveyard that houses the missing sims from the Freeplay versions, explaining what actually happened to them.

gtxXvKa.jpg
    The Freeplay version specifically has Agora, Mickey (Named Mickey Finn just like in the Freeplay version's files), Dylan (wearing the freeplay version's shirt), Sharon, and Jane Harlow. I still need to upload Jane Harlow in a living form some day, but other projects take precedence.

Zai2sim.jpg
    The little building off to the side is like a memorial service building for funerals. I had too much space on the lot to fill in :p

There is still no progress on the NPCs and townies, as I have been busy finishing up Bitville and Veronaville, and working on Strangetown. Four Corners has two whole sets of NPCs and Townies, so its a very dull task, will likely work on them once other things are done.

• OnlyMinnieOnlyMinnie Posts: 1 New Member
    Wow this amazing.

Does this come with it's own world?

I'm wondering if I download it, would it be individual lots or a whole world of it's own so it has it's own storyline and drama.
  • MaaryyBooMaaryyBoo Posts: 2 New Member
    It is really amazing. But I don´t know why I don´t have sasha´s house in my game..
    OnlyMinnie wrote: »
    Wow this amazing.

Does this come with it's own world?

I'm wondering if I download it, would it be individual lots or a whole world of it's own so it has it's own storyline and drama.

As I cannot figure out how on earth the Sims 3 World Builder works, its just lots to be placed in an existing world, sadly. A street on Riverview can house almost every one of the residential homes, however.

I never got around to making more stuff for this (making NPCs and Townies isn't very fun), and with the unexplained closure and mysterious moderator edit of my Bitville thread, I probably wont continue.