Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Well, this chapter friggin suxks.

KhjlBeJ.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    It didn't scuk! It was sad, but touching. Tells us a lot about who Athena might be as a person now too, which andwers some questions. Though it also poses many more. Like why does she believe that Ares cannot know who she is, and what is she trying to protect him from.

It also gave me a theory. But I'll message you.
    Thanks. I guess I said it because it left me feeling poo. :D

Yay questions..! 😶🍰
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Didn't suxk at all!

That soft, warm filter you have over everything this season is gorgeous :mrgreen: I stared at the golden trees in the first picture for way too long, haha.

Sounds like Athena used magic to keep her parents’ gravesites looking beautiful and timeless. The last we saw of Avery, Athena wasn’t talking to her because of anger over being lied to (and having a chunk of her memory missing that was messing with things, too). I wonder if Athena got to say a proper goodbye to her mother. I don’t remember if she was able to do that with her father… but if she missed her chance to do so a second time with Avery (because she was keeping the fact that she was dying a secret, last we saw her), then I can imagine Athena not being able to forgive herself over it. No wonder the graves are tended to so neatly and kept so beautiful. Guilt is a powerful motivator.

Hmm… I wonder if that’s Athena talking to herself, “Athena” talking to herself, or something else entirely talking to Athena. :neutral:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Didn't suxk at all!

That soft, warm filter you have over everything this season is gorgeous :mrgreen: I stared at the golden trees in the first picture for way too long, haha.

Sounds like Athena used magic to keep her parents’ gravesites looking beautiful and timeless. The last we saw of Avery, Athena wasn’t talking to her because of anger over being lied to (and having a chunk of her memory missing that was messing with things, too). I wonder if Athena got to say a proper goodbye to her mother. I don’t remember if she was able to do that with her father… but if she missed her chance to do so a second time with Avery (because she was keeping the fact that she was dying a secret, last we saw her), then I can imagine Athena not being able to forgive herself over it. No wonder the graves are tended to so neatly and kept so beautiful. Guilt is a powerful motivator.

Hmm… I wonder if that’s Athena talking to herself, “Athena” talking to herself, or something else entirely talking to Athena. :neutral:
    I can't take pictures without filters anymore. I love how they convey the emotions I want. I'm addicted. :smiley:

She wouldn't have had that closure with her father since he died when she was a toddler. Hysteria - what a deadly disease. Oh yes, Avery and Athena's relationship is chock full of guilt. Yikes.

Get your probes outta here, Yimi! Least you'll find out real soon. :smiley:
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Didn't suxk at all!

I can't take pictures without filters anymore. I love how they convey the emotions I want. I'm addicted. :smiley:

She wouldn't have had that closure with her father since he died when she was a toddler. Hysteria - what a deadly disease. Oh yes, Avery and Athena's relationship is chock full of guilt. Yikes.

Get your probes outta here, Yimi! Least you'll find out real soon. :smiley:
    Poor Athena, her memories of both parents must be riddled with guilt, both for different reasons - she indirectly caused her father's death, and did not take the time to make up with her mother before hers. Oof. That's ought to take a toll.
    This penguin is adorable :love:
    jygqFsU.jpg

I already left you a novel on WP, but I was just gonna say..
    I was totally prepared for the worst here, I read the title and thought they killed Nathan's cat, or aeva's cat, to demonstrate their threat is serious, or something like that. I am relieved Mr Flippers is just a plushie :D
    Mr. Flippers is the most adorable thing ever. Is that from the Knitting pack? I want to give it a hug so bad. :joy: Also the fact that Eva of all people has it somehow makes it even more adorable. Also, it was right next to her when she was having a panic attack (?). Positioned in a way that looks like she'd been hugging it. So that has to mean that it's important to her. Did she buy herself? Is it a sentimental item, an heirloom from family? Did Nathan buy it for her? He did know that it was called Mr. Flippers. Hmmmmmmm.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited November 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    Don't know if my nerves are strong enough to feature dead animals yet. (Am such a contradiction, killing sims left and right but coddle pixel animals. :lol:

@_sims_Yimi
    Yes it is! Knitting pack has really adorable plushies!
    Dang how are you seeing everything? Yes, Eva was hugging Mr Flippers before. And yes, it's connected to Nathan. :smile:

Sorry for MIA. it's been a cr.ppy time for me.
    Chapter 3 onwards, please check hashtag warnings.

Chapter has been divvied up.
    Ch 2.8 Crescendo Pt.1
    Ch 3.1 Crescendo Pt.2

edited November 2020
    Chapter 2.8
    Forgot to say how nice it was to see Ares in his element. I wonder if there is much truth to what the guardian says about him. It may play a role. Though after several generations, Morgyn's influence on Ares's genetics is likely negligable, with how dillited it would be.

Chapter 3.1
    So Kian is missing, interesting. We know that Athena has distanced herself from everyone she knows, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is not aware of where they are, yet with Kian, she has no clue. She must be so alone, with only creepy cultist Morgyn for company, poor girl.

Edit: It just occurred to me that the whole main trio from season one each "disappeared," in their own ways and for different reasons. Another interesting parallel!
    edited November 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    I wonder about Guardian’s words too. :no_mouth: Ooh cool question. Is evil born or bred? No idea.. watch me be a pro Slinker! *evades* (man I am weird)

Remember when you asked me why I had to feature a new cast? Yeap… cuz the trio went up and away each for their own justifications. Still not gonna pick a side among them. All leaving me like that. Hmph. 😒

@DeafSimmer
    Aw yes! I can see how strange Athena's responses might seem, considering she embraced her powers at the end of S1 and also how the first half of this chapter was her convincing herself that she’s past her trauma.

The three main ways we respond to immediate danger are fight, flight, or freeze. For most people, there is still a strong level of responsive thought processes. Eva for example, immediately tried to find escape routes, strategically jabbered on, knew when to stop, then only did she start biting her captors and elbowing their guts.

When danger or helplessness becomes overwhelming, such as at the brink of death, the body automatically ‘shuts down’ or ’freeze’. It’s a natural, automatic body response which a person has no control of. Hence why Athena stopped struggling when Rai seemingly almost broke her neck.

Athena is also a victim of repeated trauma who has had true bodily harm done to her. Trauma victims have altered brain chemistry. They are more likely to go into traumatic shock, and the brain goes straight to reactive survival mode (the reptilian brain) than respond(mammalian or neommalian brain). They experience danger and helplessness at higher levels than normal people because their brains are fear-conditioned so are more likely to arrive at ‘freeze’ than ‘fight’ or ‘flight’.

Trauma victims always blame themselves for not being able to choose ‘fight’ or ‘flight’. But their brain changes make it extremely hard for them to do so. Hence, it's best if we don't focus on what Athena did or didn't do because it's a form of victim blaming. Regardless of how powerful spellcasters are, to my understanding, they bleed and experience the world like the rest of us. Hope this helps!
    Once upon a time, there was..
    Oops. Not a fairytale.
    3.2 A Man and a Witch
    edited November 2020
    Yay, magic!

Correction: Darn, blood magic. Einor and Roidh are so creepy and evil and malefic and I am so down to seeing what you have in store for us with those two! :mrgreen:
    I wonder if Athena will stay hidden, seeing how they’re clearly looking for traces that lead back to her, or if she’ll step out and defend Rai. Hmmm… and if she doesn’t step out, if it’s because she doesn’t want to, or if it’s because she can’t. Didn’t the guardian say that he’d keep her safe from all dangers? He didn’t do all that much when a random stranger grab her. Would he be able to defend her from those two? Or were his words just that?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited November 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    You’re right. Rai may be biting off more than he can chew since humans don’t have any powers at all.

Haha yes sometimes sims logic don’t make any sense but it's fun to include in the story! Isaias and Eva will appear again because.. come to think of it, almost everyone has the same goal. :wink:

@_sims_Yimi
    I’m sure what you actually meant was ‘Yay, blood magic.’ :lol:

Oh yes, how and what does ‘Guardian’s protection’ entail? He definitely looked like he didn’t do anything in the scenario you described. :joy: Wonder what he’s going to do/not do next. :smirk: Aw.. Athena doesn't need to step out and defend Rai. Who cares if he's outnumbered, human, and miles away from his team. I'm sure he's got it in the bag. :lol:
    Chapter 3.3 Power

The alternate name for this chapter is Dragon ball. Or Kamehameha (かめはめ 波 は). :lol:
    edited November 2020
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam
    So, basically Rai is a superhero of sorts. He seems capable of fighting bad spellcasters, so Athena doesn't have to fight any. I think he can also fight the elf-eared warlock. Do you think Rai reminds Athena of Curtis? Both men rescued her and protected her. And will she date Rai?
    Rai is capable of handling his own, definitely! But the fight's not over, so we'll see what happens. :smiley:
    Do you think Rai reminds Athena of Curtis?
    Oh that's such a good question. Considering how she lost her memories of Curtis, I think the likelier association she'd make of Rai is with Kian. In her point of view, her first meeting with Curtis is probably when he c- er, blocked her from going all the way with Trevor.
    It's too early to tell if there are any sparks between her and Rai. For now she's just the "lady with friggin heels"! :D
    Chapter 3.3
    Heck, Rai is very quickly beginning to overtake Isaias as my new season favourite and I have no idea why. I really like him! :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    *hands him over* Nimueh can have him. He's frying my brains. :joy:
    This definitelly gave me anime vibes! The special effects you added in were amazing, you're so good with gimp! :love:

And the shield looked perfect, I have no clue about CC making but something tells me starting off with a semi-transparent piece is no easy feat!

Rai is interesting haha. He clearly loves playing knight in shining armour, to anyone and everyone. I have this visual in my head with him attempting to save people who are in no danger just to give him something to fight, lol. But on a more serious note, that savior complex has to come from somewhere. What is he trying to distract himself from, I wonder?
    @ThePlumbob
    Ayee thanks! 🙈It was frustrating. I don't have any more chapter reserves because I spent all my time doing that shield.

Ooh I'm surprised you picked up on that. Pffft! ""Attempting to save no one in particular"" I can totally imagine Rai doing that. Haha! I won't be saying nice things about him for now. I've a grudge on the dude. If he does have a saviour complex, he needs to seriously rethink his methods.😏