Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    Sorry this is kinda late. I had 40 tabs open on my phone and didn't realise I never hit the "Post" button on this one. :joy:
    I posted earlier so you get your answer quicker. I guess it's not much of an answer at all. :sweat_smile: Thank you for reading :blush:

Oh I bet you're right about Curtis's mindset. What a fall.

5.1 Linger

We start the new chapter with happy colors! <3 Wash away the nasty from before. :astonished::blush:<3
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam
    It seems that we have another cliffhanger. The beginning sort of made me think we would have a break from the gloomier chapters, but it ended with the usual story tension. So, what's gonna happen to Athena? What does it mean when her eyes were glowing?

@DeafSimmer
    Ooh! You're right that I intended for this chapter to be a breather of sorts. I see now that it doesn't look like it here at all. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Definitely a habit I'll have to reflect upon and try to do away with. Thank you for the constructive feedback. <3

Oh that's a great question. One that will be answered in this arc (Ch 5). :blush:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 5.1
    I think this chapter replaced Curtis and Athena's promenade date as my favourite chapter ever. Your idea of soulweavers and bringing peace in death is absolutely lovely. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I just have to say - I'm very glad @Maladi777 introduced your story to me! I am in love with it. And I love you keep it going too. I get invested. I hope it stays enjoyable for you and you can keep on cause I seriously want to know how this wraps up sometime in the not so near future! <3
    edited March 2021
    @_sims_Yimi, @AudreyFld
    Thank you Yimi. <3 Thank you Audrey <3 It means a lot to me that you like the story and reached out at such a good time too. Am now motivated to keep going.

@yimi
    I'm repeating myself but I'm happy you like their not-date. Always thought it was a dud until you told me. :)
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    @_sims_Yimi, @AudreyFld
    Thank you Yimi. <3 Thank you Audrey <3 It means a lot to me that you like the story and reached out at such a good time too. I've been feeling all sorts of low lately but now am motivated to keep going.

@yimi
    I'm repeating myself but I'm happy you like their not-date. Always thought it was a dud until you told me. :)

You’re welcome ❤️ 🤗 And yay for renewed motivation!
    Ch 5.2 Monsters

Not gonna win any best chapter awards this one. :lol:

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Ch 5.2 Monsters

Not gonna win any best chapter awards this one. :lol:

Actually it was a good one.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited March 2021
    Not plot-related really, but worth mentioning:
    I love the level of detail you put into that screenshot where Curtis punched the mirror, the way the reflection tilted/shifted slightly in each cracked piece was very realistic, you Gimp wizard! (I'm probably describing it wrong. Smashed mirror looks smashed. Which does not sound like a compliment, but is intended as one :sweat_smile: I'll shut up now haha)
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I love the level of detail you put into that screenshot where Curtis punched the mirror, the way the reflection tilted/shifted slightly in each cracked piece was very realistic, you Gimp wizard! (I'm probably describing it wrong. Smashed mirror looks smashed. Which does not sound like a compliment, but is intended as one :sweat_smile: I'll shut up now haha)

I admired the same thing. :D When you know what it takes to edit a picture you start noticing these details and appreciate them more.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777, @DeafSimmer
    I think I got creeped out by my own chapter. :joy: Thank you for the encouragement. :blush:

@ThePlumbob, @Maladi777
    Ooh you guys made my day catching the mirror pieces. I didn't expect anyone to, just thought I was being overly-fussy again. Thank you! :blush:<3
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

I admired the same thing. :D When you know what it takes to edit a picture you start noticing these details and appreciate them more.

This! So much this.
    5.1 Company

Some noodle love. :lol:
    I loved the noodle love! Lol. Somehow that sounds so X rated! 😊 Interesting chapter with some new revelations- Isa can’t cook worth a darn. 🤣🤣🤣
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Chapter 5.1
    I can see why spellcasters would include very specific instructions - I'd like to think that just one swirl in the wrong direction could make everything blow up, much bigger consequences than burning dinner. I suppose magic is more like baking than cooking, much more precise :D

And of course, this also indirectly tells us how Athena was able to master so much on her own without any external help; very detailed instructions :)

I've got to say that somehow, the thought of super precise instructions even for very simple potions is somehow calming though. It's a nice antidote to everybody's lives being such trainwrecks in the story, haha.
    @AudreyFld
    Yay for noodle bonding love being loved! 😄
    Ok I’m super curious now. How does it sound X-rated? I tried spinning this a couple of ways but I’m not getting there. Do share. :wink:
    Yeah, Isa is a kitchen hazard! Cooking is one skill he never invested in. His CAS muscle and fat sliders are all the way at the bottom so maybe instant noodles will change things. 👀

@DeafSimmer
    Yeah, by using a Disinterest spell, people naturally forgot about Athena than her having to alter their memories. (I consider this spell a modified ‘Strangeify’ spell, only less repulsive nor appearance-based.) 😄

@ThePlumbob
    I can see why spellcasters would include very specific instructions - I'd like to think that just one swirl in the wrong direction could make everything blow up
    Ooh yes! B2W magic manipulation has a lot of conditions. Detailed instructions explain why half those magic tomes are as thick as the reader’s head. Lol my lameo jokes. :joy: Athena mastered a lot on her own through detailed instructions, yup. It was mentioned that she almost took Trevor’s life though, so still not quite the best way to learn magic. Or maybe its because of what she is that makes independent study not suited for her. hmm.. :sweat_smile:
    everybody's lives being trainwrecks in the story
    :sweat_smile: You’ve misplaced this statement. It exists in the land of gummy pancakes and adorable elves and hot vamps 😇
    @mercuryfoam - not in the story, just in your teaser - ‘Noodle love’ noodle being a euphemism for a part of one’s anatomy... I know it’s a stretch. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Oh... omg. :joy::joy:
    @mercedes1505 - I told you it was a stretch!
    And usually noodle would mean a limp version. EEEK.. Totally NOT what's probably happening there.
    edited March 2021
    Bored? Almost Cheered to Death? Need to suitably depress yourself? Here's a remedy!

5.2 Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Edit: Just a teeny heads-up that I'll have no pc access for a week starting April so no post next week. You guys get a break! Woo! :)