Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    No turning back now. For everyone. :o

Ch 3.4 Bloodfire
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Chapter 3.4
    Woah, the blood magic is every bit as nasty as one might imagine. Also-
    How many more do I let die for my shallow breath of freedom

That's one hell of a loaded line. So something like this likely happened already. By the sounds of it not necessarily here, and not necessarily involving a white wraith, but there would have been the likes of Roidth and someone opposing them that Athena "allowed" (not exactly the right word, but you know what I mean) to die to avoid risking her safety. In which case this was inevitable, even if she did stay behind this time like the guardian wanted, eventually she'd reach a tipping point - like she did here - and expose herself. Very curious to see what happens next![/quote]
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Chapter 3.4
    Woah, the blood magic is every bit as nasty as one might imagine. Also-
    How many more do I let die for my shallow breath of freedom

That's one hell of a loaded line. So something like this likely happened already. By the sounds of it not necessarily here, and not necessarily involving a white wraith, but there would have been the likes of Roidth and someone opposing them that Athena "allowed" (not exactly the right word, but you know what I mean) to die to avoid risking her safety. In which case this was inevitable, even if she did stay behind this time like the guardian wanted, eventually she'd reach a tipping point - like she did here - and expose herself. Very curious to see what happens next!
    Ayee.. Sometimes I don't realise how much I put my sims through until it gets pointed out. Yup it has happened before. :bawling:

Your spidey senses though. I was hoping it would be missed. But also hoping it will be caught. I guess I get my wish either way. :D
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam
    I was hoping it would be missed. But also hoping it will be caught. I guess I get my wish either way. :D

Haha, I know what you mean! But yay, it's a win-win :D
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited December 2020
    Chapter 3.4
    Woo, I finally caught up! So I already posted a whole novel on your blog, so I won't repeat myself here. But dang, Rai and Isaias, don't die on me, nooooo :cold_sweat: I need to come up with a nickname for Sir Mask.
    I now have my nickname. Grey Rock and Sir Mask! :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    That's a lot of Sir Masks! Well, just four for now. I wonder how huge is this band of masked er.. maskers. :D

*looks at flipped coins* ............. :* 🎵
  • Options
    Am so glad to hit this milestone. :bawling:

Ch 3.5 A Breath of Freedom
  • Options
    Chapter 3.5
    So, is this what Athena's appeared like to everyone he's encountered her so far? To Ares, for instance? Possibly even to Eva? Is it a permanent disguise she's wearing, or does she only slap it on sometimes? I'd hazard to guess the former - she had no reason to disguise herself to Eva, per say, since she wouldn't have known Eva has any awareness of her. Not to mention that given the Aelrendths are looking for her, she can't be too careful, so makes sense why she'd have her disguise on at all times.

Now, as frustrated as I am by the fact Curtis refused to follow his instincts here (even though I understand why he did), I am pleased that my prediction/hope that he would not know who she is came true in a way. She has no memories of him up until the party at Trevor's, so reversing their roles this way places them on a more level ground. They never had a chance to make their relationship work once she lost her memories, but this way, they just might. Providing they both survive whatever is going to happen.

And we got lore! Interesting tidbit about casters and weavers. Is that distinction determined by their innate abilities, or is it more of a lifestyle choice, I wonder? Also, I wonder if Isaias could be a weaver. So far, we've only seen him cast spells in high pressure situations.

Finally, as much as I think Roidth is full of... hearts, flowers and pumpkins, whatever the current emoji for bleep is... I do sort of hope Athena takes him up on the offer to come learn more about the Aelrendths, because I'm curious about how they operate. This reminds me of an RPG where a dubious faction is like "come to our HQ, give us a chance and you'll see we're totally not sketchy" and you get there and it's all very nice, but once you do some digging, you indeed find plenty of sketchy stuff :D Man. You make me want to start a new Fallout character. Ok, random RPG tangent over, lol.
  • Options
    Chapter 3.5
    Batty is the cutest foxy dog familiar ever <3 I wonder when Athena got him, and from who/where. Gah, Roidh wedged his manipulative hooks into her, didn’t he? She needs help no matter how you spin it. And she really does need to learn control. But gaaahhhhh don’t go for the creepy sharp-toothed elf who almost liquified Sir Mask please T.T
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    Yeah! That’s how Athena looks like to everyone. You’ll see how it works soon. Can’t be too careful if there are Aelrendths sniffing about so yeah, that might be the safest option.

That’s bleak! I’m sure they’ll survive. They both survived S1. Not bad for two blundering teens in their grimy world, now full-fledged adults too. :smiley:

So far we’ve seen quite a few Castors and Weavers. There are more classes but I don’t think we’ll hit those. One of those extra lore thingy-ma-jiggies that might come in handy if we ever reach that point.

I looked up Fallout and ooof that game looks hardcore. Looks fun but I won’t survive fps on console. :joy: You want Athena to follow the shady bloodmancer? :joy: The force is dark within you. I knew your villain side can’t hide no longer! :lol:

@sims_Yimi
    YES! Y’all spamming cute cats and dogs so much I need myself a digital puppers. :blush: He’s really cute and knows it cuz he photobombs the scenes as he pleases. :lol:

Yeuuck your descriptions are so creepy. At least you’re giving her different advice. Otherwise I’d be questioning your motives for my sims. :smile:
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam
    So far we’ve seen quite a few Castors and Weavers. There are more classes but I don’t think we’ll hit those. One of those extra lore thingy-ma-jiggies that might come in handy if we ever reach that point.

Oooh! I hope we get to find out more about the different types of spellcasters, it's fascinating!

You don't have to be good at FPS to play fallout, your character has a device on their hand that can help with aiming should you choose to use it/invest points into that. And with the older Fallouts I believe you can even get through the playthrough without shooting anything, if your character is charismatic and intelligent enough :)

Err, villain side, moi? You must be confusing me with that other Plumbob :D
  • Options
    I'll be taking a break until end of the year (or until the project's finished). So last B2W chapter for 2020! :)

Interlude 0. Midnight Healing

It's wordless. Hopefully it's clearer than the last one. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That was such a packed chapter! I already left you a huge essay on WP, and I still haven't even touched on everything that happened...
    The segments with Eva and Nathan were incredibly sweet! I love their friendship. So why do I feel like you're putting all these heartwarmind scenes with them only to rip our hearts out later? :cry: Speaking of hearts...

Roidth's ritual, yikes! Who had to die for that one... I hope at least he was efficient and the source of the heart and the symbol on the ground were from the same person... On a positive note, I guess he's not as indifferent to Einor's death as he let us belive, so that's something... though he probably just wants her back so that she can continue to do his bidding.

So Rai lives, just about. I hope he makes it. I wonder what he'll have to say about what went down when he wakes up. Fingers crossed that he does wake up.

The only person we haven't checked in on in this is Isaias. I wonder what happened with him? Clearly he wasn't rushed to the hospital like Rai, so they wouldn't have found him at the scene unconscious... I wonder if he teleported somewhere.

I love what you did with the different lighting throughout this update. Your use of lighting and the different filters is always impeccable to highlight the mood of the chapter, but I thought it worked really well to highlight the contrast between the different scenes in the chapter, so that even though we only got short snippets, the mood changed with every scene instantly.

I'm not gonna lie, I will totally have B2W withdrawals :D But I'm so impressed with your CC making, that is awesome that you're digging more into it. A couple's dance interraction is definitely much needed!

Edit: I still forgot one more thing! Seeing the White Wraiths in the hospital taking off their masks gave me all kinds of soft fuzzy vibes. They suddenly just reminded me of little kids that have really overdone it when they were playing and now one of them wound up hurt.
  • Options
    Midnight Healing
    Who the hell is that guy with the watch staring inside Eva’s window? =O He was there in one image and gone the next! – is what I was thinking and then he showed up again and I finally realized it’s a billboard. Geez. My heart. XD

Also I cannot get over how sweet Eva and Nathan are together ngggghhhhh <3<3<3<3

Enjoy your break, Mercury! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    I fell in the rabbit hole of nonsensical codes but I've surfaced for air! :smiley:

@ThePlumbob
    Aww I genuinely, repeat, genuinely(!!) want to make second season of B2W happier so nuu, I firmly disagree that I have any plans to rip any hearts later.

Yay for positivity! Oh wait, I see you opt for neutrality there. I'll take it. You make me wonder what kind of heart a Bloodmancer would have. Cold, warm, black..

Yeah, this chapter was supposed to have a segment of Isa, Dew, and Ares. But the chapter was so bulky so I cut them out in the end.

I was wondering if the different scenes worked or whether it was disorienting. Good to know it all worked out in the end. Thanks for the feedback. (If it didn't you can let me know otherwise too so I know better. c: )

Thanks for the support! I've been at it non-stop since my last chapter and welll.. at least my game isn't crashing anymore. Now it just makes my sims un-clickable. (All good though. As long as I remove my experimental test files game reverts back to normal.) :)

Daww that's the sweetest image. Just some boys playing in the sandbox and toddler Rai happened to scrape his knee. Yup. I'm keeping this mental image. No dark stuff whatsoever. o:)

@_sims_Yimi Idk about enjoyable. Lost a lot of hair this past 2 days. At least if I was writing-
    other people lose hair instead. :#

oh gosh yes. That billboard is funny! I thought of removing it, but decided to leave it. Just like the juice posters when Roidh appeared in the alleyway. I thought they completely ruined his scary vibe. Don't mind my weird humor :joy:

I get super happy vibes when I can feature Eva and Nathan. :blush:
  • Options
    4.1 Partners in Crime

Happy New Year. Terribly late, but better than never.

Thanks @_sims_Yimi for sim donation. :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    4.2 Partners in Crime Part 2

Dear snowflake (you know who you are).

Please abandon this not-a-bed-of-roses story. For more information of what kind of heart attack you might get should you continue, check out this thread.

I learnt how to block comments even before they reach my blog! :o So cool! Thanks for the +1 logic skill. :)
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
  • Options
    4.3 Saboteur

I'm secretly trying to collect all my favourite characters from all the simlit around :love:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    @mercuryfoam Haha, you're trying to get them all, bug-catcher style! I love it. Makes everyone feel connected somehow. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    4.4 Fall

Grime time! :#
  • Options
    SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited January 2021

@mercuryfoam
    You say that with such trepidation, but the grime is the best part of the story, imo. :D

Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 4.4
    I’ve already said this in private, but I’m going to put it over here too because I can! :mrgreen:

Every time I see Dew with a fancy necklace, or wearing a very stylish and expensive outfit, or with her hair and makeup all done in a grim, grimy, horrid environment… I can’t help but think that she’s trying very hard to look like “a million bucks”. And failing. Maybe it’s the contrast, or how much she shows off her wealth, or the things she chooses just being slightly… off? It's different from the effortless-wealth-looks that people like Trevor or celebrities have. I can't explain it better. But it feels like Dew is (maybe subconsciously) trying very hard to look like those wealthy, privileged people she despises – and falls just short. Not to people like the guys she employs, or to the White Wraiths. But I have a feeling that people like Trevor might notice. I don't know where I'm going with this. I just thought it was interesting. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @SnuffyBucket
    I have a love-hate relationship with grime. I'd write it in all it's unapologetic glory then diss it after. :lol:

@_sims_Yimi :D
    Dew's clothing is definitely not an accident on my part. She insists she wants brands like Balmain and Fashion Royalty Sims. At least I can still afford the latter lol. Mah Moneh. Now you know where how their "hard-earned" simoleans get spent. :joy:

But. Just to be on the safe side, I'm ordering one of those tinfoil hats from Snuffy's Bobblygraph group against you.

@DeafSimmer
    Welcome back to the forums :)
    They might or might not. There's enough opposites in them to attract and repel after all.

• Options
    4.5 Guns and Gems
    Please read the disclaimers. This chapter is pretty gross.

Hi guys! This chapter took a lot of time because it's really two chapters in one, but it didn't make sense to separate them.
    On the flipside, I learnt how to make clothes recolors, accessory recolors, and tattoos (with swatches)! :)

Funfact: 54 poses were made. But I'm pretty sure I supplemented with another 30 poses from other creators. :astonished: