Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @katrinasforest Answers to your questions :)
    1. At the time I started the comic, Sulani, Glimmerbrook, and Britechester didn't exist yet. If those worlds were to have their own persons of influence, who would you say they would be? Sulani I'd say the Hopalii family (I think that's their name?) since the elder woman seems to be the island chieftain/elder? The Kahananuis are a close second in importance. Britechester and Glimmerbrook I haven't played much but I'll agree with @15aewar about the Pleasant and the Charm families.

2. I've been pondering the idea of Allie and Caleb drifting apart as a couple a little bit. Not that they're having a fight, just that they both feel like they're going through the motions and maybe there's not as much of a spark between them as they first thought. Does this feel a bit out of left field, a natural progression, or somewhere in between? I know they haven't had as much "screen time" as others. It seems like a natural progression to me. It always struck me that Allie was using Caleb to become a vampire (I think Miss H did the deed, I don't remember offhand) and he's no longer needed. Break them up, I got a real woman waiting for him :p (j/k :P)

3. For anyone who has caught up to the latest chapter...
    Spoiler
    I'm mostly just curious what you thought of Kyle's big moment at the end. I know it was more dramatic in compared to most of my goofier chapters, but I'm hoping I'm still striking a good balance between the two. :)
    The chapter was still pretty lighthearted and goofy plus I usually expect Kyle to do something off-color. It was a very Kyle thing to do feeding off the aliens.

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    edited February 2020
    @katrinasforest No worries, I thought it was Monday, but I wasn't sure. Thanks and my answers are below. :)

1. At the time I started the comic, Sulani, Glimmerbrook, and Britechester didn't exist yet. If those worlds were to have their own persons of influence, who would you say they would be?
    I haven't played the game in a while, I mostly just go on to take screenies of my characters, and even then I have little interaction with the townies. My MCCC settings are set so no townies come to my lots, so they don't do something crazy in my screenshots or show up wearing something outrageous, LOL. So my answers probably aren't the best to consider, but here goes anyway.

For Glimmerbrook I would say Gemma Charm, because it seems like she would be the heir to the Charm family and the Charm family comes from a long line of Spellcasters..., I think. :/ Or maybe one of the magic realm teachers, like Morgyn Ember, I think he would be a good leader, plus he has a bit of a mysterious vibe to him, like you don't really know if he's good or evil.

Sulani- I would say Keala Hoapili, because she seems like a wise old sage type character, watching over the island.

Britechester- Maybe one of the Pleasant sisters? I'm only saying that because the Pleasants have been in the previous games, and this expansion I've played with the least. Plus when I do actually play, I always see Lilith Pleasant and she's always a waitress in my game. She also has this rebellious vibe, which might make for some interesting drama.

2. I've been pondering the idea of Allie and Caleb drifting apart as a couple a little bit. Not that they're having a fight, just that they both feel like they're going through the motions and maybe there's not as much of a spark between them as they first thought. Does this feel a bit out of left field, a natural progression, or somewhere in between? I know they haven't had as much "screen time" as others.

I get what you're saying, it does kind of feel like they are going through the motions. There's not a lot of passion in their relationship, but that doesn't mean they're a bad couple. Maybe they could get separated and have to figure things out on their own, have their own mini-adventure, then reunite. I'm always a sucker for romantic reunions after characters had a chance to grow by themselves. But then that might make your story longer, and I don't know if that's what you're going for.

I'm mostly just curious what you thought of Kyle's big moment at the end. I know it was more dramatic in compared to most of my goofier chapters, but I'm hoping I'm still striking a good balance between the two. :)

I thought you did an excellent job, combining funny and serious, I really liked Kyle's big moment. Kyle to me is a bit of an underdog, the one no one really takes seriously and provides comedic relief. But he has a good heart, and I think that's where he really shines as a character, and in that scene in particular.

@katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat
    Sleep and Cuddles...
    49477577712_4c4db61e43.jpg
    I need to take some shots of Caleb and Jas so these two don't keep hogging the spotlight :D
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @lone_cat Thank you! I absolutely love German Shepherds (and big dogs in general too). My absolute favorites though, will always be the Belgian Malinois.

@NyteRose I am loving all these photos so, so much! Thanks for sharing them. Vin is just too beautiful, man...

@katrinasforest As always, you come up with the most amazing questions. I'm so excited to answer them!

1. At the time I started the comic, Sulani, Glimmerbrook, and Britechester didn't exist yet. If those worlds were to have their own persons of influence, who would you say they would be?
    I'm not that knowledgeable on the Sulani natives, but the person I most definitely see being in charge is the Elderly lady in this screenshot here:
    d38L4LQ.png
    Here she is telling off my tribe leader for being such a disappointment. :joy:

As for Glimmerbrook, that would 100000% be Minerva Charm!! She is just so amazing. I really, really adore her. At the risk of spoiling a little bit, she will be one of my most significant spellcasters in my story later on, too. I mean... look at her!
    WR6giGa.png
    KbR41hg.png
    I definitely see Gemma as the heir, but with those long-lived spells for spellcasters I wouldn't see Minerva dying anytime soon!

For Britechester, I'm gonna go with the Pleasants... even though, with them being both students, I don't feel like they'd have all that much power LOL. They're definitely the most iconic, though, and that's what it comes down to!

2. I've been pondering the idea of Allie and Caleb drifting apart as a couple a little bit. Not that they're having a fight, just that they both feel like they're going through the motions and maybe there's not as much of a spark between them as they first thought. Does this feel a bit out of left field, a natural progression, or somewhere in between? I know they haven't had as much "screen time" as others.

I feel like it'd be a natural progression and definitely not something that would've come completely out of the blue. I think the moments you did gave them already showed that they (no longer) had the most stable, healthy relationship going, and that neither party was THAT enthusiastic or affectionate.

I'm mostly just curious what you thought of Kyle's big moment at the end. I know it was more dramatic in compared to most of my goofier chapters, but I'm hoping I'm still striking a good balance between the two.

I LOVED it so much!! I think you have an extremely good balance between dramatic and comedy, so when you do bring in these dramatic elements, they're just all the more strong. I think it fit Kyle extremely well, it just topped the character development that he has been going through throughout the whole story - it was absolutely amazing for his character to finally truly get to show how far he's come and to, for once, not be the comic relief but actually the entirely serious self-sacrificing hero that he's always been hinted to be. In my opinion, you really, really do not have to worry about the balance between comedy/drama in your story because it is absolutely on point! It really is. The comedy makes it so enjoyable and easy to read, and the drama is what truly makes me gasp and makes me even that much more invested. People tend to kind of sell out on dramatic moments (including me LOL) so that they no longer become as special, but you don't do that, and so your dramatic moments are just SO powerful. It's perfect. I really think it is.

I'm so sorry for not being caught up, by the way! I totally intend to remain caught up from now on, it was just that January ended up being such an unreal month for me and had a lot of real life stuff get in the way.

Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    @Firande Oh I have a bunch of other photos but can't post them because of revealing underwear/positioning. I can post them elsewhere though 😉
    Okay, I have a weird-ish question/in-game situation... I started using the More Personality Please! mod for more flavor/drama... but I never expected this...
    49491439803_0ae2ee07a8_z.jpg
    or this...
    49491941566_aab8cfa47b_z.jpg
    Vin flirted with both Meli's TWIN SISTER and her MOM! In my headcanon for him, he wouldn't do this to a romantic partner, but I can see him doing something out of spite because of his hate/distrust of witches. Plus, he and Caleb already got into a verbal/shoving match (these two have some bad blood from the past.) So, do I roll with it and write it in (gameplay usually has no bearing on my stories) or leave it out?
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Okay, I have a weird-ish question/in-game situation... I started using the More Personality Please! mod for more flavor/drama... but I never expected this...
    49491439803_0ae2ee07a8_z.jpg
    or this...
    49491941566_aab8cfa47b_z.jpg
    Vin flirted with both Meli's TWIN SISTER and her MOM! In my headcanon for him, he wouldn't do this to a romantic partner, but I can see him doing something out of spite because of his hate/distrust of witches. Plus, he and Caleb already got into a verbal/shoving match (these two have some bad blood from the past.) So, do I roll with it and write it in (gameplay usually has no bearing on my stories) or leave it out?

I think that's hilarious. I can just imagine someone making passive-aggressive, insulting flirts. Is Vin the snarky type?
    edited February 2020
    @15aewar He's got a chip on his shoulder but I really wouldn't consider him snarky. This was just so out of the blue, without this mod he's never flirted with anyone else while in a serious relationship. Vin's one of those brooding, angry types (understandable because of his past, which hasn't been fully revealed) but definitely not a cheater. Maybe the mod is influencing his Romantic trait??
    @Firande I think that's Keala Hoapili in your first picture, I might be wrong on that. I looked up her traits on the sims wiki, and she's hot-headed and erratic, so it makes sense why she's laying into your sim, LOL. Plus Minerva looks really cool in your screenshots. I hardly ever see her in my game. :(

@NyteRose I've never used that mod, but now I will have to check it out. I might just leave it out of the story, if it doesn't fit his personality. I agree with 15aewar, that is hilarious. I love mods, they make the game so much more interesting. :)

edited February 2020
    Slow Dancing in the Cemetary...
    Background Music- My Immortal by Evanescense
    49493738048_d9224b1dba_z.jpg
    I may reshoot the whole thing, this was not an easy lot to work with...
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Slow Dancing in the Cemetary...
    Background Music- My Immortal by Evanescense
    49493738048_d9224b1dba_z.jpg
    I may reshoot the whole thing, this was not an easy lot to work with...

That's a beautiful picture!
    @15aewar Thank you :)
    @NyteRose Very nice picture! I like the setting. :)
    Caleb and Jasmina sweetness :)<3 (Cuz they deserve love too!)
    49499288487_69f3c8c3ba_z.jpg
    49499288707_26274bc024_z.jpg
    @NyteRose Aww, very sweet. <3
    So I was messing with some new poses and I did a mini photoshoot for Valentines, or Love Day. I was also trying out a new reshade preset I found.
    YMZGpbzl.jpg
    Hailey and Ian aren't a couple, but I thought this was a good pose for them. Ian is a little shy, so I could totally see this happening.
    BRGThkzl.jpg
    And I have to include these two cuties! <3
    KINHWLdl.png
    And this is Hailey's aunt/adopted mother. I haven't introduced her yet, but she's obsessed with Love Day, Winterfest and baking.

Sorry to spam with pictures, I should really be taking pictures of my next chapters, but I got distracted with new poses/CC.
    lone_cat wrote: »
    So I was messing with some new poses and I did a mini photoshoot for Valentines, or Love Day. I was also trying
    out a new reshade preset I found.
    YMZGpbzl.jpg
    Hailey and Ian aren't a couple, but I thought this was a good pose for them. Ian is a little shy, so I could totally see this happening.
    BRGThkzl.jpg
    And I have to include these two cuties! <3
    KINHWLdl.png
    And this is Hailey's aunt/adopted mother. I haven't introduced her yet, but she's obsessed with Love Day, Winterfest and baking.

Sorry to spam with pictures, I should really be taking pictures of my next chapters, but I got distracted with new poses/CC.

They're beautiful! I love all the flowers. I'm not very good at landscaping, so it makes me happy to see such beautiful lots.
    Here's a few screenshots of things I've been working on:
    nSXS5KD.png
    Can you name this townie?

a2Hq3ly.png
    This is supposed to be a spooooky house. :scream:
    I don't think I accomplished my goal.

Qj4Nteu.png
    Good ol' Asenath Waite. She's modeling a new outfit from Tiny Living...and plotting something dastardly.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @15aewar @lone_cat What are you guys using the host the pictures? They're just showing as broken images to me. (Not your fault, probably just my browser deciding it doesn't like the hosting site, so I need to go in and tell it to play nice.)

Thanks for all the Clanbuilding comments and ideas. It occurred to me after I asked that Sulani and Glimmerbrook are unusual in that the person of influence could theoretically be a mermaid or a spellcaster, so not someone Elliot or Miss H could have turned anyway. And I'm glad to know the last chapter this kept its lighthearted tone. :)

I'm also relieved to know it won't be too weird if I break Allie and Caleb up. I hope she never came off like she was leading him on or taking advantage of him. I was more trying to go for a reverse of the usual vampire romance--that her desire to become a vampire came before they started dating rather than the other way around. I'm thinking based on the trailer, it's not out of character for Caleb to find someone else pretty quickly. I think he'll survive. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @15aewar Thank you. :) That was a lot I got off the gallery, I am okay at landscaping, but it takes me forever, so it's easier just to get someone else's lot, and they usually look way better than mine anyway, LOL. That looks like Simeon Silversweater getting attacked by bats, haha. :) I like the tiny living outfit and her mischievous grin.

@katrinasforest I use Imgur.
    @katrinasforest I use Flickr.
    @15aewar @lone_cat What are you guys using the host the pictures? They're just showing as broken images to me. (Not your fault, probably just my browser deciding it doesn't like the hosting site, so I need to go in and tell it to play nice.)

Thanks for all the Clanbuilding comments and ideas. It occurred to me after I asked that Sulani and Glimmerbrook are unusual in that the person of influence could theoretically be a mermaid or a spellcaster, so not someone Elliot or Miss H could have turned anyway. And I'm glad to know the last chapter this kept its lighthearted tone. :)

I'm also relieved to know it won't be too weird if I break Allie and Caleb up. I hope she never came off like she was leading him on or taking advantage of him. I was more trying to go for a reverse of the usual vampire romance--that her desire to become a vampire came before they started dating rather than the other way around. I'm thinking based on the trailer, it's not out of character for Caleb to find someone else pretty quickly. I think he'll survive. ^_^

I use Imgur, too.
    Thanks, @lone_cat . You're right - it's Simeon Silversweater. One of my sims went to Selvadorada and Simeon just appears while she's hacking away at some vines. While I'm wondering how he managed to teleport to my exact location in the middle of the jungle, a swarm of plasma bats attack him. :D
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Hmm...so my browser's decided it likes Flikr and dislikes Imgur. I'll see what I can do to fix that. Especially after that description of Simeon! I'd love to do a Realm of Magic story after Clanbuilding is over. The pre-mades are such interesting characters. And of course, there's plenty of space for spellcasters and vampires to be bitter rivals of each other. >:)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Hmm...so my browser's decided it likes Flikr and dislikes Imgur. I'll see what I can do to fix that. Especially after that description of Simeon! I'd love to do a Realm of Magic story after Clanbuilding is over. The pre-mades are such interesting characters. And of course, there's plenty of space for spellcasters and vampires to be bitter rivals of each other. >:)

I hope you can get it fixed! @lone_cat has some beautiful pictures of her cast.
    And I loooove the pre-mades in Glimmerbrook. They're all so adorable.
    Spellcasters and vampires, rivals? Noooooo! (I really wish vanilla Sims 4 allowed for vampire/spellcaster hybrids. It worked in Sims 3. :cry: )
    edited February 2020
    Chapter 4 of Bloodline is partway finished. I should post it within the next few days, longer or sooner, depending on how my creativity goes. All I can confirm is DRAMA! And more Vin ;)
    edited February 2020
    Sorry if I'm spamming.
    Can you guys picture Vin starting a bar-room brawl or at least getting in someone's face if they're trying to keep him away from someone he's trying to barge in on? (he's demanding to see Moira, the coven leader at her family's pub, can't say much more.) I definitely can, but don't want to paint him as a violent, unstable something I can't say on the forums (it's another word for a donkey combined with hole.)