Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat @15aewar
    Okay, I have a question for everyone: Which story are you guys more interested in Moonlit Tides prologue/chapter 1 or chapter 5 of Bloodline? I want to work on both, but I don't want to burn myself out creatively. Thoughts?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited March 2020
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat @15aewar
    Okay, I have a question for everyone: Which story are you guys more interested in Moonlit Tides prologue/chapter 1 or chapter 5 of Bloodline? I want to work on both, but I don't want to burn myself out creatively. Thoughts?

I would love to see the first chapter of Moonlit Tides. I can't wait to read Ambrose's backstory.
    EDIT: Here's a new part of The Other Side. I say "part" because it isn't really an episode. It's more like a side story that might make more sense later.
    vl2mE4M.png
    https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/2020/03/12/interview-with-mirie-spellaire/
    Post edited by 15aewar on
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @NyteRose I'm torn between the two, I want to know what happens with Vin and Meli, but I also want to read this new story. I guess, do whatever you feel like. :) I'd be happy with either one.

@15aewar I was really excited when I went on the forums today and saw there was another part to your story. I liked the archeologist and her collection of artifacts, but now I'm wondering what's in that manor?

@15aewar @Firande @lone_cat @katrinasforest
    Found a mod for anyone who is looking to have more vicious/more traditional sirens/mermaids on Tumblr:
    IL- Sirens
    Meli and Vin's love theme...
    Black Veil Brides- Heart of Fire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxhWqxwsBQ
    edited March 2020
    Someone got turned and married in an alternate save! ;)
    49660270747_e38438215b_z.jpg
    Someone got turned and married in an alternate save! ;)
    49660270747_e38438215b_z.jpg

Aw... <3
    What a beautiful wedding!
    @NyteRose Aww, very romantic! <3 The room is decorated beautifully and I love her dress.
    edited March 2020
    latest?cb=20130602183600
    This is a deceased character from Dragon Valley, my favorite Sims 3 world.
    I made him in The Elder Scrolls Online so I could play with @CathyTea and other Sims players!
    screenshot_20200315_133846.png?w=300&h=255
    I had to write a backstory for him.
    https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/2020/03/15/eso-adventures-niall-mithrilen/
    Anyway, it's not really related to The Other Side, except for the fact that I mentioned Niall in Interview with Mirie Spellaire.
    I hope you guys enjoy it! :)
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @15aewar Wow! That's a really awesome and impressively accurate to the original.

I had an OC in Soul Caliber VI I've been trying to make in TS4, but since one of the signature parts of her outfit is a masquerade mask, I can't really replicate it without CC.

Just to give everyone a heads-up, I'm homeschooling my kids the next few weeks, due to their school being closed because of the coronavirus. So there's going to be a two-week hiatus on all my fics. The time they're actually going to be home is still unclear, but I think I can adjust to the new schedule enough to get things going again in two weeks. I did get some funny outtake shots, so I'll post those in the interim.

This week, we're discussing @NyteRose's stories. And on that topic, I'm seconding the awesomeness of those wedding shots. I'm about to marry off Vlad in one my alternate saves, and I can totally picture him having a wedding like that, even if he wouldn't look nearly as cool.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited March 2020
    @katrinasforest Everyone is panicking and buying in bulk/hoarding stuff where I live because of the Coronavirus. So I understand about the two-week writing hiatus, even though I don't have kids. I have three cats and a hamster, and they can be a handful .^^

@15aewar @katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat Okay, here's a couple of questions.

1.) Do you think the wedding shot has any bearing on a future event/arc in the story? :p
    2.) How do you think Bloodline will end? (There's still quite the journey, but I'm curious about everyone's theories.)
    1.) Do you think the wedding shot has any bearing on a future event/arc in the story? :p
    I hope not! That would be a huge spoiler. :wink:
    2.) How do you think Bloodline will end? (There's still quite the journey, but I'm curious about everyone's theories.)
    I don't really know yet, so I'll make up something ridiculous:
    Meli and Vin continue to pretend to hate each other. Suddenly, a band of mutant llamas start terrorizing the town. They're stronger than normal llamas. They're smarter than normal llamas. They don't pay their water bill. And they eat supernaturals for breakfast.
    Suddenly, the two lovehaters discover that they're part of an ancient prophecy. They are the Gerbit Ones. Only they can save the world from the mutant llama menace!
    15aewar wrote: »
    I hope not! That would be a huge spoiler. :wink:
    I don't really know yet, so I'll make up something ridiculous:
    Meli and Vin continue to pretend to hate each other. Suddenly, a band of mutant llamas start terrorizing the town. They're stronger than normal llamas. They're smarter than normal llamas. They don't pay their water bill. And they eat supernaturals for breakfast.
    Suddenly, the two lovehaters discover that they're part of an ancient prophecy. They are the Gerbit Ones. Only they can save the world from the mutant llama menace!

Gameplay usually has no bearing on my stories, so it's a pretty safe bet it doesn't spoil anything. Loved the llamas theory LOL.

@NyteRose The kids have been pretty good so far. They decided today they were going to clean a section of the house that doesn't get used much and claim it for their own. I'm all, "You're offering to clean? Space is yours!" ^_^

Hmm...I'm wondering if maybe it appears as a vision or a dream for one of the characters. If so, depending on who sees it and when, it might bring Vincent and Melisandra closer together or drive them apart.

2.) How do you think Bloodline will end? (There's still quite the journey, but I'm curious about everyone's theories.)[/quote]

In the near future, I think Amber-Lily is absolutely going to get Vincent's contact information, just because she seems awesome like that. I'm hoping Vincent and Melisandra get to meet and remember how they felt about each other. (I'm going to be an optimist and say it ends well for them personally, but I don't think they'll go along with anyone's plans but their own. Which could definitely lead to some nasty conflicts. I don't think losing one of the characters is out of the question, though I think (hope!) Melisandra and Vincent are probably going to be okay.

Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited March 2020

Hmm...I'm wondering if maybe it appears as a vision or a dream for one of the characters. If so, depending on who sees it and when, it might bring Vincent and Melisandra closer together or drive them apart.

In the near future, I think Amber-Lily is absolutely going to get Vincent's contact information, just because she seems awesome like that. I'm hoping Vincent and Melisandra get to meet and remember how they felt about each other. (I'm going to be an optimist and say it ends well for them personally, but I don't think they'll go along with anyone's plans but their own. Which could definitely lead to some nasty conflicts. I don't think losing one of the characters is out of the question, though I think (hope!) Melisandra and Vincent are probably going to be okay.

Vision or dream... you are on the right track but I won't say more.
    For everyone: Would a prom interlude between Chapters 4 and 5 be a good addition or a hinder? I'd like to show their previous meeting before they meet again.

I'm currently at my SO's and the internet connection isn't the greatest, so I haven't been online very much. I second everyone's thoughts on coronavirus, the stores are almost bare, the schools closed down and even the colleges across my state, and now most the restaurants and bars are closed down. It definitely puts an extra strain on people with kids now having to school them at home. But I also understand why the government and CDC are being extra precautious, it has the potential to get much worse. Anyway, enough of my rant on coronavirus.

@15aewar You're high elf looks really good! Getting characters to look the way you want in ESO is hard, IMO. I mostly play my Breton, vampire, pet sorcerer solo, but if there is a group of Sims players in ESO, I might have to join in the fun.

@NyteRose Answers to your questions. :)

I think it might. I have a feeling that Meli and Vin will get married at some point, but I don't think she will get turned to a vampire and will stay a witch.

I think Meli and Vin will get together eventually. I think Meli's sister finds Vin's address and there is a confrontation between them. I don't think they end up together right away and it might take a while for both of them to realize they have feelings for the other. I also think there will be a rift and fighting between vampires and witches, and this probably puts a strain on Meli and Vin's relationship or it prevents them from getting together right away.

I would love to see how Vin and Meli met at her prom.

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey guys! I'm so sorry for my continued absence! You'd think that with the coronavirus quarantines I'd have more time but since I'm in charge of retail at a supermarket, the opposite has been the truth for me LOL. :sweat_smile: But things should hopefully settle down for me a little now that the initial scare and subsequent hoarding is calming down a bit in my country.

I totally missed @katrinasforest's questions, so I'll start with those first:

1) Do you think Johnny made the right call in the three vampires he chose to go first? If not, who do you think he should have picked instead?
    I do think he made the right cool in choosing these stronger vampires first, especially Vlad. The way I see it, he's the one you'd wanna take down first because he's the most powerful out of all of them for sure. On the other hand, maybe the vampires who are right now more tied to an actual plan in stopping Johnny would've been better.... but if I were him, I'd go for the most powerful ones first, too.

2) It has occurred to me that in theory, it should be Winterfest sometime soon. I was thinking maybe the last chapter actually takes place on Winterfest. Thoughts? Winterfest-ive suggestions? (They'll be somewhere that does actually get snow--I won't say anything more than that.) ^_^
    I'd love a Winterfest chapter!! Yes please! It'd be a good note to end things on too, would be this nice and cosy holiday which focus lies on the together aspect and where all the cast gets to be together. Definitely give them snow cause what's Wintefest without it... LOL... and other than that, oh man. I'm so bad with suggestions, honestly. Something with Father Winter would be cool - I'm sure with your humor, you could potentially add a really funny mini side storyline with Father Winter! :blush:

3) I've been pondering the idea of integrating Dawn's story (written for the monthly Sim Fic contest) into the larger one and giving her a smaller, spin-off series in story form, rather than comic form. If you haven't read Dawn's story, here's the first two parts:

I've also been thinking of giving Allie a similar side story. Of the two, which are you more curious about? (Caleb would be largely absent from Allie's story, though she'd still have plenty of encounters with vampires.) I will probably do both eventually; just debating where to focus first.

Hmm, this is a difficult one. Do I have to choose? LOL, no kidding. I do really like both a lot. I'm personally a really big fan of Allie because I'm just way into complex ambiguous characters like hers, so I may be biased in choosing for Allie... but maybe Dawn's would be a nice temporary break from this current story after you finish it should you want that. It can be nice to focus on something else for a little before moving on with a spin-off kind of thing, is what I've found myself too. So honestly, I'd say go for whatever you feel the most excited about!!

And then for @NyteRose:

Boy, I hope it does!!! I loved those wedding shots so, so much and naturally, I love these two together a lot too. I'd be super happy to see this turn out to be part of a future event of storyline! So..... yes please. :flushed: Hahaha.

Oh man, this is probably not gonna happen at all but since a girl can dream: I hope it ends with those very same wedding shots that you showed!! That'd be so cool. I agree for a lot with @katrinasforest's scenario, I think Vin and Melisandra will be meeting soon, and I think that initially, thinks will be a bit awkward and difficult between them and they'll have a long journey to go through first, but man I really, really hope that they eventually (re-)find each other again and........ end with that beautiful wedding, hehehe. <3

I may or may not post an extra chapter this week since things have calmed down at work quite a bit and I do have the extra time now, but I'll see about that. If I do, I guess you'll just see the chapter appear eventually LOL!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    @lone_cat
    Well, @CathyTea has a guild called StoryWalkers. I'm sure she would love to see more simmers join. :)

@lone_cat I'd love to have you join my ESO guild! @15aewar just joined, and other Simming members are @friendsfan367 , @RipuAncestor , and @MedleyMisty ! The other guild members are friends met while playing ESO and they're all really cool!

I'd love to get some role-play going, and several of us are writing, too! @15aewar has a neat series started, and I've got a collab. Would be fun to do cross-overs!

Fun tidbit:our guild house has a library with every single volume from Shalidor's library! Each one is readable!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited March 2020
    lone_cat wrote: »

I think it might. I have a feeling that Meli and Vin will get married at some point, but I don't think she will get turned to a vampire and will stay a witch.

The ending is not set in stone and I have a few ideas for it but beyond that, my lips are sealed ;):p
    For everyone: Would a prom interlude between Chapters 4 and 5 be a good addition or a hinder? I'd like to show their previous meeting before they meet again.

I would also be curious to see it.

Also, I know I'm going to sound really silly here, but...how does a guild work?

@katrinasforest A guild is a group of players in a game (usually a MMORPG or other online game) who regularly team up together. In WoW (which is what I'm currently playing) there are roleplay guilds, raiding/Heroic/Mythic content, casual, social, and leveling guilds.
    Ah, okay! Now I know what you're talking about. :) I've never played an MMORPG, mostly out of nerves that I would get completely obsessed with it. ^_^;;
    Ah, okay! Now I know what you're talking about. :) I've never played an MMORPG, mostly out of nerves that I would get completely obsessed with it. ^_^;;

They tend to have that effect! :lol: