Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are console players finding The Gallery?

2...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have been a sim builder for a little over a year and to be perfectly clear I have had a blast with the new gallery. There were some hiccups at the beginning like not being able to upload creations I made before the gallery but I found a workaround for it, I will check the troubleshooting section next just to see if anyone has addressed this issue so I can comment under it. But the gallery is phenomenal! I am able to connect and share with some really amazing people and not only that but I can now download creations my favorite simmers make. I do not work for The sims or EA I'm just a really thankful console player. I can't wait to see what the do for us in the future....First, it was adjustable stairs and now this!! my god I'm gonna faint! :)

You probably cant connect right now.
  • AngelganonAngelganon Posts: 4 New Member
    New to the game just save a sim although I used the money cheats so I don't know if it will.let me save my house and sim now that I've used it though.
  • AngelganonAngelganon Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Chrissy344 said:
    > So far just pictures, when you pull up the gallery do a search for rooms under 5000, they will show up and you can use them but be warned , once you place them in your housebound wont be able to save or upload house to the gallery. Plus, once you sale with the pictures you don’t want it is worth way more simolliens than you \paid for it.
    How do you do this
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    so is the gallery just like pc's gallery like is all of it like linked together?
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    @ej_4_sims if you mean are they all in the same gallery then the answer is yes - we can download the pc players stuff (in theory) and the pc players can download the xbox stuff. The trouble I am having is being able to stay online. It keeps chucking me offline even though the xbox itself is still connected, I have to close the whole sims down and reload (which takes forever) just to go back into the gallery which is a pain.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Uploaded my XBox families and Lots (finished and in progress versions) and downloaded on PS4.
    Unexpected, palpable relief I didn't expect. So thanks for the Gallery.👍
  • D3rpyDerp5D3rpyDerp5 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm loving it, I'm able to share my creations to the community & if I'm burned out from building I can just plop down a house on the lot that has a "decent" EA house on it
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    First, I apologize if this ends up in the wrong discussion (I'm new here and trying to figure out how to build to being a member who can post stuff!), but can anyone tell me if you can take photos and upload them to the group, i.e. my tiny living house, etc. Thank you in advance!
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Love it!!
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    @jkgoodspeed you have to take a screengrab - I don't know which console you are on but on xbox press the home button (round with an X) and then click y , this will take a screengrab. Upload it to somewhere like One Drive and from there download it to your PC. You should be able to include it in a forum post by clicking the image button when you are leaving a comment.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    > @UndeadFox said:
    > @jkgoodspeed you have to take a screengrab - I don't know which console you are on but on xbox press the home button (round with an X) and then click y , this will take a screengrab. Upload it to somewhere like One Drive and from there download it to your PC. You should be able to include it in a forum post by clicking the image button when you are leaving a comment.

Awesome, thank you so much for the advice!
  • twirliegirlytwirliegirly Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm loving it and have already shared some of my own creations.

Also it's not that long ago I learned how to take screenshots on my xbox one. I took a whole bunch yesterday (for Plum Tree App) and then logged out - having forgotten to save them to my OneDrive. HOWEVER I then twigged I could access them through the xbox app on my tablet, downloaded them from there and then uploaded them to Plum Tree App. Score.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Really needed it so love it.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    Love the gallery I can’t build at all. My gallery really hasn’t been working since the last update on Valentines Day. My game isn’t even recognizing the gallery it just says open my library. EA did say they know that they have a problem and they’re at work to fix it for us.
  • Damien555Damien555 Posts: 21 Member
    I loved it until I started getting Error 22 upon saving.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Little hiccups here and there, but overall, absolutely cannot play without it now.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    Damien555 wrote: »
    I loved it until I started getting Error 22 upon saving.

I think one of the guru's mentioned clearing your cache on your pc/console could help with that error
    PC
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/sims-4-error-code-22/?amp

Console
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Save-Error-22/td-p/8678382

Edit: decided to put both in case anyone has the game on both and liked to share their creations between console and pc
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I found it but haven't used it yet as I only have one house that I truly feel is worth sharing. The others are not good enough in my opinion. Even with this house I'm hesitant because there's always room for improvement and I keep improving it. lol
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I've got quite alot of things uploaded to the gallery mostly sims and supernaturals, not much of a builder though 😂 so if you love supernaturals or weird sims, you can find my creations under either Madsimmer95 or nikkiheathcote95 under EA ID
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Ive not used it a mass amount but from what I have seen its brilliant. Its nice to be able to have my family I play on pc on console at last. Same for all my pc builds.
  • Mia_bearMia_bear Posts: 5 New Member
    I love seeing creations from others. I have downloaded a few things such as a romantic garden / park where one of my sims got married. That wedding was beautiful. I love looking at the different houses and have put a few in my game.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    I have a PS4 and PC. Played on PS4 first, haven't played on there in awhile. Put a ton of my creations on the gallery today from my PS4 and for some reason where it says the titles like "Library, Profile, etc" it says "WWWWWWWWW" for all of them. I can't even access the gallery or library now after that ._.