Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a bit of technical help regarding Sims 2

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I have attempted to look up this information on what is causing this to happen but either I'm not using the correct keywords or what, but I just can't seem to find anything to help me with my issue.

I can play in windowed mode with no issues, but I would rather play in full-screen mode. My problem when I play in fullscreen mode the game will play ok for a bit. It could be from a few minutes to several minutes before it does it. What it does is that it will keep playing but closeout. When I try to open it again it will show a blue screen, and have the loading hourglass thing show up. It will do this for a bit and then close down to the desktop again. No matter how many I try to reopen it, it keeps doing this.

Any ideas on what would cause this, and how I can once again play in fullscreen mode?

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have attempted to look up this information on what is causing this to happen but either I'm not using the correct keywords or what, but I just can't seem to find anything to help me with my issue.

I can play in windowed mode with no issues, but I would rather play in full-screen mode. My problem when I play in fullscreen mode the game will play ok for a bit. It could be from a few minutes to several minutes before it does it. What it does is that it will keep playing but closeout. When I try to open it again it will show a blue screen, and have the loading hourglass thing show up. It will do this for a bit and then close down to the desktop again. No matter how many I try to reopen it, it keeps doing this.

Any ideas on what would cause this, and how I can once again play in fullscreen mode?

Hello LaBlue0314,
    When you changed to full screen mode, did you do this by right clicking on the Mansion and Gardens Icon on your desktop and removing "-w" at the end of the target line?
    Other causes for what I call the Blue Screen of Death when playing the Sims2 is this game does not like having any other programmes e.g. anti-virus running in the background or being on the internet. Most laptops enjoy good specs to play Sims2 easily, are you using Window 10?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not on a Windows 10, still using an 8.1 desktop. The same computer I played with it on the past with no issues. I'm using two different (shortcuts) icons to start my game, but not at the same time. One has it set up for windows with the -w and other not.

I hadn't thought about the connection to the internet or virus protection. I'll check to see if one or both of those are causing the issue.

Thank you for mentioning those ideas.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @LadysimPlayer8 I just finished playing after a few hours and had no issues with the game shutting down. I decided to do both with the antivirus and disconnecting from the internet and the game played the whole time without closing. Thank you. :)