February 21 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Comments

• Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 2 New Member
    Children yes toddlers no
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 1,900 Member
    I agree. I see no reason for why kids shouldn't be able to knit. I was just in the salon the other day and my stylist was talking about how she taught herself to knit at a young age (I think she said 12, but I can't remember the exact number).

The toddlers in this game are definitely old enough that they should be able to learn some knitting as well. Should it be as intricate as the older sims, no. But they shouldn't be excluded from this.

There are a lot of areas in this game where kids and toddlers are exuded from things, but this shouldn't be one of them.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 2,304 Member
    I'd agree with kids yes and toddlers no, toddlers in this game aren't 4, they are learning to walk, talk and use the potty, more the 1-2.5 age range so a bit too young.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 3,490 Member
    I'm usually all for adding content for every age but I see no reason for toddlers to knit they play pretty young to me they feel 1-3 if anything they should be making mess of the yarn and scolding them for that should be tied into parenting. Obviously the kids should knit the only people who would disagree with you on that would be the Guru's.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 214 Member
    Maybe cat's cradle for toddlers as well? (And for older Sims too, of course.)
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 32 Member
    Children should be able to knit because at the moment there is very little things for children to learn, and knitting would be awesome especially if kids could try too😁
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 17,802 Member
    Yes to finger knitting for toddlers. It is one of the first ways I started knitting.
    best-finger-knitted-projects.jpg

I used the square loom too, but was a child age when I started those.
    65001-1001-2-3ww-l.jpg

"The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

Everyone is a Simmer.
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 34 Member
    I really hope they do make knitting available for kids (I'm not going to get my hopes up for toddlers, I have barely any hope at all that kids will be included lmao) I taught my nieces to knit when they were pretty young, probably like 6 or 7, and they're pretty good with loom knitting. Kids love crafty stuff like this, they should be included.