Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky's 2 Week Build Challenges

Comments

• luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,776 Member

Challenge 9 15th May to 1st June
    Forum Post Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17369182/#Comment_17369182

Do remember you can do any of these challenges at any time, I know I have some to catch up on myself! This one I do want to do soon its a fun one that I hope you enjoy. Any questions do ask!

Just a Few images I found in Google images of Lego Builds to get an idea of what you will find.

Small Eco
    eg7DEue.jpg

Industrial Modern House
    HW80wsl.jpg

Art Deco Restaurant or Shop
    CHayHvA.jpg

Called a 'Hawaii' House
    2Ctq5jz.jpg

Bakery or Shop
    YYHSIz7.jpg

Railway Signal Box. Possibly a Home
    f5mvqG4.jpg

Chapel and Graveyard
    nAHDdiL.jpg
    edited May 2020
    I am now looking at your house @AndyMeadeson 'UpDown Duplex' and its a great looking house for two people that you managed to build on the smallest lot! The design is unusual and works well and the front garden has some attractive plants that suit either side of the path well and I like the colours of wood you used on the outside of the home, the green and blue really compliment each other I like that so much. I want to see the outside areas 1st as the coloured lanterns make me want to see what is out there. Well up the front steps on the right is a nice modern sofa to sit and watch the world go by and a lamp so its bright there in the evening too. To the left the wraparound porch we find a great area to have friends round for a BBQ and eat at the umbrella table, the red and white theme looks perfect there along with the strings of outdoor lanterns! Its nice to see a cooler box and I love how you put the shoes rack and umbrella stand by the stairs, such a clever touch for just there. I like the ceiling fans over the porch too I can imagine those taking away the smoke and smells from the BBQ grill. At the back down some steps a useful picnic table and some pretty flowers that look like they just are growing there without being planted.
    Now to go inside the ground level that gives the look of an apartment, just inside on the left is the TV area with a modern feel with a large wall TV and sofas to sit and enjoy watching or even read a book and listen to the Lin-Z speaker for music. Above the sofa are a very nice set of paintings that match the the rug and red tables, a nice small table holds the books for you. The opposite end of the room is a very nice clean white kitchen with a good arrangement of wall and floor units, to dine you eat at the breakfast bar on stools. Into the next room where we find a bathroom on the right that has a shower and in with black and white the green walls work well as a colour to break that up. The bedroom has all you need with wall mirrors beside the very nice modern wardrobe a fave of mine, the bed has soft grey and white covers and a great set of white units behind to hide the wood bedhead and a good place for some decorative objects. The blue used on the walls suits the modern look and the wall art suits it well. Over on the right is a study area sectioned off by a ceiling spandrel a clever idea! That little area has a bookcase and desk with computer and I would guess a gamer would like this area as the art prints on the wall are for a gamer. On the floor is a nice modern rug and the walls in this area are a soft orange, very nice to contrast with the white with black.
    To go to the other persons apartment (im calling it) you use the stairs by the shoe rack and go up to their balcony that has seating and table on the left and some attractive plants on the right with some small plants and small garden tools on a nice table near the front door. Inside now we find a modern more industrial look to the furniture with the comfortable leather couch and armchair (more faves of mine) and the TV up on a coffee table plus a nice rug and wall art in this nice corner area. The opposite end again has the kitchen but different as it has the industrial counters and wall units to match the rest of the furniture. I love the tall unit with the objects inside behind the glass, also the metal jug and the red mugs, I must use those myself! By the door is a wall bookshelf in a good spot to get a cookbook from while in the kitchen. By the bin is the door to the bedroom and just inside the bathroom on the right and it also has a shower, the main colours are pale blue tones and white. Into the bedroom we see the bed has an unusual headboard that has a very nice pattern in browns that match the darker wood tones of the bed and side table with a lamp and clutter. Opposite is a deep red leather armchair by the dresser and violin and guitar. Clearly a musician lives here as in the area with a spandrel there is a piano on an entertainment career rug and on the wall some nice musical prints. This little area has been made a special room by the long curtains on two sides.

Now for some Feedback and Tips/ideas I may have for your home but of course you can take them on board or ignore some or all of them its upto you. I do like your set up for the two sims very much and thank you for creating and sharing with us. One thing I do think is building with a sim on the lot is a must for making sure lights are the colour you want, such as turning them all to the 3rd white option and also to test anything you might want to before uploading, I like to first make sure a sim will use stairs and rooms, sometimes a ceiling light or wall art stops them, it does happen even in mine Lol. I noticed the lights needed to be made whiter so I took screenshots so you can see the difference. In the lowest apartment TV area the table under that was smaller was flashing so I think that extra table was not really needed and by the way when they are looking to maxis fave they do not like the flashing from moo objects so try not to have that if possible, so you have more chance of getting that fave! In the bedroom the white dressers behind the bed looked really nice but again it was flashing so I tried an alternative way using side tables, I added a picture of that too. The other little thing I would have changed was the size of those ceiling fans over the porch by just sizing down by 1 using the { on the keyboard I just felt they were a bit big. Love the lanterns by the way they are so good there and give a party feel. Upstairs in the other apartment I felt the bathroom walls were a bit to pretty in there and I would use a plain wall cover or plain tiles in its place, just how I felt seeing it right away. I like the piano area there but to really make it special I would have put tall plain windows there behind the long curtains to be able to see out while playing piano or even being seen at the piano from outside would look so good I thought. I am going to try the windows and add a screenshots I think, I hope help with ideas for the future. Another quick Tip is that I saw mostly base game items used, but later realized that you have other packs, so do make the most of what packs you have bought by using the Filter Items on the right to search packs and I think you will want to use more objects in them than you did in this home for example the bathroom items or planters etc have fun with all you have.

Screenshots
    The Lights before
    8BlF7EY.png
    Lights after Sim changed
    poA3QlZ.png
    Bed Units behind flashing
    eJVtJpf.png
    Bed units changed, no flashing
    ORJuBEV.png
    Piano area Before
    h2Fx7Cl.png
    Piano area windows changed, I did try long ones but did not suit the sides of the home
    bk68Ayt.png
    Enjoy using items from all your packs
    No Pot Plants
    BxeyJTH.png
    With Pot Plants
    9ZVzyn1.png
    Post edited by luckyheather on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you @luckyheather The LEGO challenge looks really good.

Thank you @JojoMOMSTER for popping by :) just use any Lego build you fancy as a starting point for a build, the inside can be what ever you like. I have used Lego houses before and I think some shops and Lego now makes just about anything these days so I thought it would be fun :)
  • marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2020
    Challenge number: 8

Origin ID: marryacheesecake

Gallery Name: Oasis Springs Rebuild 03
    Link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D95C0D1996EC11EA8139EF2DA231A8C1?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=marryacheesecake&max=50&maxis=false

Art by: SimSationalToo

Notes: My two sisters, Trinity and Juno love the beautiful, but both in their own way. While Juno (first floor) loves to breathe life into the canvases like Picasso, Trinity (second floor) mainly focuses on human aesthetics. She is a photographer and works for a glossy magazine. Apart from the two apartments, the two young women have a lot of opportunity to get together. Be it barbecuing in the garden or watching films together on the second floor. Juno is also a natural person, has a green thumb and loves being outdoors. Trinity, on the other hand, loves good conversations, a good cocktail and likes to keep fit with sweaty activities. But not only the garden at the back of the house offers the sisters space to be active together, the two roof terraces invite you to chill out and get together.

Building Tips: I would look forward to it.

Screens: I had a hard time with the screenshots because the rooms are so tiny. Therefore there are only some from the outside and the floor plan.

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png

btw I love the new challenge :)
    Post edited by marryacheesecake on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,583 Member
    Oasis Springs Rebuild 03 is a lovely home for the twins! @marryacheesecake :) Very nice exterior design, large glass windows.and natural wood walls. The background details of the twins and their home are lovely :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2020
    Challenge number: 9
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Gallery Name & Link: Shari Springs
    Notes: This home is modeled after a wonderful Lego home created by Shari Austrian Garage art is by @rinkydinxx.
    Building Tips Feedback Wanted? Yes, please
    Screenshots
    lego-house-replica-blue-and-white-front_orig.jpg
    05-15-20-3-00-32-pm_orig.png

Top-down views (2 photos)
    05-15-20-3-01-03-pm.png
    05-15-20-3-01-08-pm.png

More screenshots (6 photos)
    05-15-20-2-58-50-pm.png
    05-15-20-2-59-04-pm.png
    05-15-20-2-59-38-pm.png
    05-15-20-2-57-13-pm.png
    05-15-20-2-57-42-pm.png
    05-15-20-2-58-14-pm.png
    Post edited by icanhassims on
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited May 2020
    Your simversion of the Lego model looks so very great! @icanhassims :) You have reflected it so very well! It looks just like it! Very nice open plan interior layout and furnishings! The blue colour of the walls is pretty and very nice furnishing of each area! Very nice bar counter corner for Sims to enjoy sitting on stools and having a drink from the bar. The island stove and stools counter is very nice for cooking and to enjoy dining at the counter and having drinks from the drink tray. Great garage level with darts and ping pong areas! They will have fun playing games there. The patterned wall panels are very nice! Very nice bbq and umbrella dining table area for Sims to enjoy dining outside in the outdoors air :)
    edited May 2020
    Thank you @rosemow!! And thank you @JojoMOMSTER for the kind comments on my gallery page! <3
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @luckyheather Thankyou for the very detailed comments on my Creemore twins build - I really appreciated the suggestions on the second storey and the fact you took time to build and demonstrate. I think I also get in a rut with my bedroom storage and put the same old things down each build so your suggestions have given me a new direction to think about for that part of the build.

I love the lego challenge for this month - it was such a good inspiration striker. I haven't ever thought of looking at lego builds before and now I have some really fun inspiration images downloaded. I wish I was as fast a builder as @icanhassims :)

Really love the shape of the house you chose - especially the staircase at the front and the way the house looks straight on.
    edited May 2020
    @marryacheesecake your home for twins looks amazing and I will be looking at it this morning as soon as I get my game loaded :)

@icanhassims the Lego lookalike really looks close to the original! and I should get your review done today as well, you were so quick! Lol Oh and by the way you did not add the Gallery Link, lucky I follow you :)

@rosemow thanks for being here and looking/commenting on everyone's entries its so good to hear from you :)

@Becka28 I am so happy you like my ideas and do not mind the screenshots :) I had that idea to demonstrate what I would do in a screenshot as its rather difficult to explain in writing, plus others can look as well and maybe try something similar. I try to give an idea that can be used with different objects/items that you have. I am lucky I get everything that comes out as I do not spend money on much else Lol. Im glad you like the Lego idea its fun looking at all the amazing Lego builds people have made and they have tons of different themes including Harry Potter, Star Wars, Christmas etc Kids these days (of all ages Lol) are so lucky when I was little we barely had television! Showing my age here! ;)

By the way I enter all the usual cheat codes before adding a build to a Lot when I am on the lot and if the weather is dull my Sim uses her Weather machine to clear any bad weather ;) She has fully upgraded it so its safe to use.

Hi my building friends :) if you are interested in having my Builder Sim that I have used a long time, she has Tons of useful skills and always a good idea to have a sim change the lights to white or any colour, plus test areas and objects you are not certain a sim can use or walk past or through etc. So below is her name in Gallery and her Link. I will get around to doing her in just base game clothes, hair and makeup sap for those who do not have the packs.

Gallery Name: *Ava* Skilled

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FC204122436F11EA8F08424E4954C218?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    edited May 2020
    We are outside looking at 'Oasis Springs Rebuild 03' @marryacheesecake and this modern home looks so good on the street the design is unusual and attractive. While my sim is on a Yoga mat on the top level I am having a look around a second time as I get her wandering around first. Outside its nice to see two cars and I love the house entrance with plants, path and a bike ready to use. Inside I like the fresh feel that carry's on from the outside with nice white wood walls and light pine flooring, there is a door on the right into the nice little bathroom in blues and bright yellow mirror for a splash of colour and a shower behind a glass divider, very nice. Out of there right into an open plan room that has the kitchen nicely fitting into a corner with table and two chairs with a laptop by one seat and it can be in a sims inventory so it will free up that second chair, I like that idea. The kitchen has some fresh yellow by the fridge and stove with white counters etc so a pretty area to dine. By the front windows is a sofa and artists canvas storage that ties in with the easel near the kitchen. By the bathroom door is a pretty wardrobe with wall mirror opposite as around the corner is a double bed with a very attractive headboard with shelf either side for two types of table lights, the candles are so pretty and so are the three small prints over the bed of leaves. I love the soft colours in the bedroom area that also has the back door to the rear garden.
    Outside is a nice area to share with a picnic table with BBQ and loungers with an umbrella facing a raised pool with floater on it that my builder tested for me. I like that you put sand flooring out there so it feels like you are on the beach where ever you want to place this home. To go upstairs to the other sister the photographer lives, the stair is by the cars so an easy access after coming home, and before going inside I see a narrow hall that leads to a home cinema with a large screen and popcorn maker on counters that have two stools or you can sit on the sofa opposite. That room is a wonderful idea for friends to watch movies with you and I love all the windows and glass tiles above plus a little clear fence so its open to enjoy views while on a stool. Back along to go inside the second sisters home where you come into the lovely kitchen area that has stunning aqua counter tops, fridge and stove near a pretty table for two. Opposite the table is a very clever arrangement of the photographer screen with two armchairs on and from those you can watch the wall TV screen and I tested that with my sim. Just past there at the front is the bedroom and very pretty with the luggage table with candles on beside the bed and some attractive prints on the wall. Opposite the bed I love the spa day glowing edged mirrors and shelf under with a nice print with a lady and Vogue, perfect for a photographers home. Plus there is a designers rack of beautiful clothes to try on or a client to wear before taking their photograph's in the other room or even outside in the garden! The very nice bathroom is opposite when you come in and it has a bath and a shower so she can have a soak after a long day standing behind a camera.
    Go out of that front door and there is more stairs up to a gym where you can stay fit using the machines, punchbag or dance to the radio and enjoy the great view through the windows on two sides. Just outside the gym is a lovely balcony garden with loungers to relax and a bar for cool drinks while enjoying the views and plants swaying in the breeze up there. Perfect area to relax alone or with some friends and also you can learn how to make delicious cocktails at the bar with people watching your skills. Back into the gym and up another set of stair to the rooftop garden where the two siblings can do Yoga together and enjoy the beautiful views and there are some attractive trees up here as well, such a relaxing area I love the idea and so does my sim!

Now for some Feedback, ideas and Tips I hope are useful. I must say its a gorgeous looking modern home and I am amazed it all is on such a small plot, well done for doing that! My sim tested some things for me and I found if she sat on the sofa opposite the downstairs kitchen her legs were inside the poof in time seat and as it had a book on it she sat on the book so I took screenshots so you could see they can be used but looked a bit amusing! I really love the bed area on the ground level, but I thought I could show you that you can change the Prints frame colours by using a sim in live mode plus they have Filter ability you can change as well, I sometimes make a colour print to black and white if I need to.
    The rear garden is a great area and nicely set out, the pool could do with some lights in it and maybe the tiles inside could be another colour/style is nice to match the inside of the pool and the pool's edging to the house colours and style. I do like it out there but it seems it needs something out there, maybe something for fun or for when you have a party like the juice keg, a wall speaker for music and maybe some pot plants and it needs some more lights as the pool side is a bit dark. I do love the cinema room its a great idea but as its open to the outside because of the fence section, lights in there will not work in daytime only at night and I am not sure what it would be like if it was a chilly day. I notice there was no lights in there or in the hall that leads into it, the lights needed to be made white as I have shown in screenshots below so you can see and I feel more lights on walls were needed in some areas, I like to turn it to night when I have finished a build/room just be sure I have lights everywhere.
    Up to the gym level now and its a great idea to do this room, I would have used the area behind the stairs to pop in a university shower and door, by the way you did not put a door out to the balcony. No doubt we have all done that sometime Lol. Personally I would have added some rugs under each machine and some wall art/posters not many just a few and the radio was above that table so either use a different one or I would use a wall speaker where there is floor space to have a dance or put a Yoga mat for wet/cold days when you have to be indoors. The balcony just needed some wall lights by the loungers and maybe a coffee table to put glasses on, the radio could be on it as well. Upon the top level my sim is doing Yoga in the dark as there are no lights and I think up there you could have the massage table with candles on its shelf as in the screenshot below. I use that massage table a lot I must admit and its great in a bedroom or in a garden or on a balcony as a space filler plus sims enjoy using it.

Screenshots I hope useful
    Sofa right Side legs in poof seat
    rPGWr6K.png
    On the Book on poof seat
    ZuvDebr.png
    Print Frames in black
    8FjHYnW.png
    Sim clicked on the frame colours using silver and light wood
    Edzq8mt.png
    Yellow Lights and dark areas
    Le4XezT.png
    White Lights, I use 3rd colour
    KRIWpaz.png
    Dark areas
    jBmsdRH.png
    Just 2 Lights up there and massage
    V7DpsPt.png
    In Daylight
    6SokHdh.png

I am adding a few things so some more Screenshots are added below
    Gym items and Shower
    uoTxtPw.png
    u843n39.png
    Balcony Bar Light, made smaller and change colour
    6MjjaJU.png
    Loungers with table, radio, lights and planters
    hJdCKEO.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Thanks for the reminder that we can post some of the older challenges we are / have worked on. There are some really good ideas I wanted to explore. I actually finished this one 2 or 3 days after the challenge ended and forgot about it.

Entry Form
    Challenge number: 2
    Origin ID: beckablitz
    Gallery Link: City Life Clearance Store
    Notes: This store uses furniture and decorative items from the City Living EP. It is meant as a clearance outlet for a larger chain store. Some items are displayed as complete sets, some are one off left overs and others have several items in a number of colour variants. I chose this kind of store because I love the bargains you can find in them in real life. I enjoy having this store in Drifter / rags to riches style challenges as it adds a touch of realism as they build their homes.
    Building Tips Feedback Wanted? Yes - if you are doing it for older builds
    Screenshots
    bTcxJYWl.png

Exterior and overhead shots
    KIsQGt9l.png
    Ground floor
    dvvUSLJl.png
    First floor
    aLG37EGl.png

Ground floor
    Display in windows
    RCIxYDll.png
    Entry
    O5I42Gvl.png
    Counter
    FqJQJiil.png
    More ground floor
    JCGXJw7l.png
    ah6KMJEl.png
    S1zwsQMl.png

Upper floor
    edBPxIal.png
    4W8qmmFl.png
    City Life Clearance store is a very nice store for Sims to enjoy visiting to buy furniture items! @Becka28 :) Very nice exterior design, and the interior layout with the items displayed in room areas ready for visiting Sims to buy is great! It looks very nice the way you have displayed the different versions/ colour varieties of the same item.
    Sims will enjoy visiting and buying items there :)
    edited May 2020
    @icanhassims we are now looking at 'Shari Springs' and it looks so like the Lego pictures and I love the shape of this building and you did a brilliant job doing the roofing and as I have a thing for blue I like it a lot. The garage door look realistic thanks to the art used and the paving is like the original and planted areas match the original too. I think I will go into the lowest level first via the back sliding doors and inside there are some fun objects like a darts board and the ping pong table by a half bathroom. The large room is navy blue and the bathroom matches by being navy and white and at the front of the large room is a laundry area with the two machines and shelving above. Back outside we find the BBQ with a large umbrella table for outside dining by the large swimming pool. Two blue shade awnings cover two groups of white loungers so there is plenty of shade to sit under and watch the palm trees swaying in the sun.
    Around to the front and up a side stair and inside we find a mostly open plan room and beside the door on the left a guitar and also a CD player and around that corner a desk with a good computer. The right of the door is a chess set set ready to play and behind that is a seating area with a wall TV and console under it on a coffee table in an orange tone to match with the sofa cushions and wicker armchair making an attractive corner with a long picture on the side wall. Behind is the bedroom that has a double bed with side tables and pretty lights on that look like plants, opposite and across the corner is a very nice modern dresser that has its own mirror set behind a small plant.
    Stepping out of the bedroom in front of you is a bar with lovely blue and white cushion covers and white wood, on the wall are bottles and also a pretty tapestry wall hanging. Beside the bar is the table and chairs that have floral design on and on top of a colourful rug, such a pretty dining area and it even has a china cabinet, planter and nice art on the wall behind. The kitchen area has a central bar area with the stove partly set into the counters with seating for five on stools so they can watch and chat while you are cooking for them. There are plenty of very nice pale cream and white counters with wall units above, there is a dishwasher and a sink plus microwave and coffee machine so a well fitted out kitchen. The last room is the full bathroom between the kitchen and the desk, it has a pretty aqua pattern tiling and the bath has a shower over it always so useful to have a bath for a good relaxing soak or shower so you can wash quickly.

Now for Feedback and some ideas and Tips you can use in future if you want to. First thank you for joining in this challenge and so quickly! Its such a large home that there can be many ways to use the inside, I decided to change the stove units slightly to look a bit nicer I feel, I did test your way and it was fine by the way. I think indoors needed some wall lights in some places not everywhere, the garage was pretty dark in a lot of it and it was so far to come out the house to do the laundry I added a side door nearer the front steps and you did not add any wash baskets, I have done that so now as soon as I put the machines I put baskets right away, one outside would be needed too near the pool area. I think the bedroom could have had some wall art and maybe a wall or standing mirror as I dont think they use that dresser one I cant remember. Also personally I would have split the room into more rooms just a wall between kitchen/dining and the living room areas possibly, I did not try. Outside I would have the vertical beams that pale grey and the flowering trees either white or blue the red stood out too much for me I am so fussy about colours Lol I spend ages choosing things that match, Longer than building! I did do some changes you can see in the screenshots below for ideas, by the laundry machines I put a Mural painting area for artistic sims and I would have added more wall lights down there. Love that home and its unique shape, thank you for creating and sharing it with us here.

Some Screenshots of ideas I played with I hope useful
    Stove as it was
    lFTXR3E.png
    Stove and Counters
    ZXi3tiq.png
    How Garage Was
    quaEfuz.png
    Garage Changed
    0Bvxf1y.png
    XoBIijZ.png
    VLbTPV2.png
    JHr7Ia0.png
    BBQ Counters
    1o0Xnuz.png
    Hot Tub
    gPBebb1.png
    Side View
    Av7yqy0.png
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    @luckyheather Thank you for taking the time to look through my build and offer such wonderful suggestions. I can't say I disagree with anything you mentioned. You are right about the lighting and yes, some rooms were a bit too colored.

Interesting enough, the bed you chose for the yellow room, I originally had placed, but I hate that bed design. So it got trashed.

I love the changes you made. I know this build was a major step back for me. As I mentioned, the design was scrapped several times, but after a full week of building, working on that one build, I just couldn't give up. I'm really not happy with it at all. I think next time, I'm just going to learn to step way.

Thanks @Takissis I was looking at the yellow bed and I could see why you chose it but as it was not so modern I was determined to change it Lol then use that to guide me with the rest of the room, I rather like that room now Lol strong yellow is difficult to use I find unless in small amounts. We all do builds/rooms we are not quite happy with and land up just having to finish it. My siblings home I have built and I kept trying to get the stairs right and gave up, its still staring at me on the Lot that I feel is too small as well to get a rear garden on it, oh well I will get it done some time soon I hope as doing the reviews takes me ages then I find I want to show my ideas :) I do make work for myself but really enjoy it too! Just keep having fun thats the best way to play sims.
    OMG I seriously love your edits, @luckyheather! Thank you for some really good ideas for future builds. You're always so insightful and with such great ideas and feedback. Thank you <3<3
    Oh, I also updated my entry with a gallery link. D'oh!
    edited May 2020
    @icanhassims I am thrilled that you liked my ideas sometimes I just ant help it Lol and I love the shape of the house my sim is still in it painting on the mural wall when I left her :)
    Oh and I looked at the link where you inspiration was from and I was shocked that they can sell Lego builds and for so much!
  • SussexCrowSussexCrow Posts: 4 New Member
    [b]Challenge number[/b]: 9
    [b]Origin ID[/b]: 221Bcrow
    [b]Gallery Name & Link[/b]: [url=https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59242A7D97E511EA88F7EF2DA231A8C1?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=221bcrow&max=50&maxis=false]King's Cross Station[/url]
    [b]Notes[/b]: This home is modeled after a Lego build of King's Cross Station created by gambl0r82. I added a bit to the top of the towers to try to make it a little bit more like the actual Station and threw in some random stuff inside of the lot for fun. I leaned more to the victorian era so I did not use a lot of modern items, and added a train that can be entered. The train car is styled with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson illustrations in mind and for sims to sit in. There are two semi-hidden portals behind curtains, one to go to the magic realm as a nod to the Harry Potter books.
    [b]Building Tips Feedback Wanted?[/b] Yes, please
    Screenshots

[img]https://imgur.com/iFKA5zE[/img]
    [img]https://preview.redd.it/v48rkacnorb41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=dfb5258add3ced38037082f750440175c657a196[/img]

I had some fun filling the station with stuff because why not.
    [img]https://imgur.com/1ae4ct5[/img]
    [img]https://imgur.com/GTE72jD[/img]
  • SussexCrowSussexCrow Posts: 4 New Member
    And I apparently can't get tags or images to work... nor can I go back and edit my post to fix it. >.< Pardon.
    SussexCrow wrote: »
    Challenge number: 9
    Origin ID: 221Bcrow
    Gallery Name & Link: King's Cross Station
    Notes: This home is modeled after a Lego build of King's Cross Station created by gambl0r82. I added a bit to the top of the towers to try to make it a little bit more like the actual Station and threw in some random stuff inside of the lot for fun. I leaned more to the victorian era so I did not use a lot of modern items, and added a train that can be entered. The train car is styled with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson illustrations in mind and for sims to sit in. There are two semi-hidden portals behind curtains, one to go to the magic realm as a nod to the Harry Potter books.
    Building Tips Feedback Wanted? Yes, please
    Screenshots

iFKA5zE.jpg
    v48rkacnorb41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=dfb5258add3ced38037082f750440175c657a196

I had some fun filling the station with stuff because why not.
    1ae4ct5.jpg
    GTE72jD.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top