Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2020
    I lvoe that there's an entire part dedicated to premade sims/characters from the game! <3

@|jcp011c2 I don't think 2021 is going to be the last Sims 4 year.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I agree this looks like we're getting a winter resort pack.

I hope the other questions do mean that they are looking to go back and update and fix things. Some questions seemed to me like they are interested in fleshing out the sims personalities so I hope that happens.

They needed to have more chances to explain though. After the question about how happy I was with December patch, I really felt like I should have been able to say why I picked what I did, not have them make assumptions. There was another question I felt like that for too but I forget now already... Haha I am glad they seem to be looking deeper though. If this game is going to go one for years more, it sorely needs this.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Interesting survey. Under sims 4 characters I would like to see return I said Mrs Crumplebottom, the Unsavoury Charaltan and under other I put the burglar.

I can dream...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Interesting survey. Under sims 4 characters I would like to see return I said Mrs Crumplebottom, the Unsavoury Charaltan and under other I put the burglar.

I can dream...

I chose those 2 too! But under other, I put the professor from S2.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yaaas! I loved all of the questions about improving Sim personalities! 😍😍😍
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited January 2020
    I gotta say thanks to Frost. (Assuming he's the driving force behind these.) When he stepped up as community manager, I was expecting someone who would just ignore us. And while we haven't seen a lot of him on the forums, these evolving surveys makes it feel like the team listening. Especially now that they're providing more room for criticism.

Anyway, I like talking about myself, so here are my answers.
    1. Overall how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the December game update where we fixed a large number of bugs?
    Somewhat satisfied. I generally prefer new content over bug fixes, since I don't encounter most bugs. But they absolutely need to be addressed and I got a few of my pet peeves taken care of.

2. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest and 1 is the lowest, how interested are you in these relationship features?
    Shared personal history: 8
    More relationship types: 10
    Initiated romance: 6
    Relationship compatibility: 9
    Shared experiences: 7 (I already do this in-game)
    Relationship tone: 10

3. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest and 1 is the lowest, how interested are you in these same gameplay features?
    Go on an outing: 9
    Own a second home: 10 (Though we need way more lots to make this viable outside of pseudo-vacation homes)
    Define your Sim’s lifestyle: 10
    Design and run a resort: 10
    Vacation at a resort: 10

4. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest and 1 is the lowest, how interested are you in these other snow activities?
    Ice fishing: 0
    Snowshoeing: 0
    Ice skating on a pond: 3
    Cross-country skiing: 7
    Mountain climbing: 0
    Downhill skiing: 7
    Snowmobiling: 0
    Snowboarding: 10
    Sledding: 7

I don't care for these situational vehicles, unless they're going to make a sport of them. But I really love sports in The Sims. Especially if we can compete with other sims. The fact that we got some good ones here makes me really happy. My dream for a winter pack is to have a Snowboarding skill and tournaments. Let us train up and compete against others for cash prizes. I would die.

5. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest and 1 is the lowest, in which areas do you most want to have more content?
    Traits: 10
    Skills: 8
    Aspirations: 7
    Off-lot careers: 7
    Active careers: 10
    Home-based careers: 0
    Lot types: 8
    Lot traits: 5 (Meh.)

I love all the skills, skills are my life. But they don't need to be fleshed out as much as traits. Aspirations also need more work - they should have been like the life goals of Sims 2 - something to work hard for over the course of your sims' life, instead of small personal goals. Also, we need more lot types - or they can just do away with them and make them like Sims 2 lots.

6. Which previous Expansion Packs or Game Packs would you like to receive a bit of extra polish or additional development? Select up to 3.
    This one was hard. Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat and Get Famous were all in desperate need. I didn't vote C&D though, since I feel like they'd see my vote for it as wanting more cats & dogs stuff. But I want more small pets.

But I chose Island Living (because it's the worst offender, let's be real), Realm of Magic (It's fine, but it would have been so much more), and Get to Work (because retail rewards are trash & I want retail to be similar to Open for Business.)

EDIT: No, wait. RoM's Magic Realm is pathetic. That place desperately needs an update.

7. What improvements would make it easier for you to create the Sims you want?
    I basically talked about how I want improved personalities, unique ways to express individuality (hobbies, preferences, fears, favorites and such), non-mutual relationships, and for traits to have more influence over the sims than being emotion buffs. Basically, just copy Sims 2 and 3.

8. Who is your fave? Select up to 3 of your most loved characters or households from The Sims.
    Wow Sims 4 has so few memorable sims. I'd say Vlad and Morgyn (though I don't care for him) are like the only good, deep characters.

The list had some good characters, but I chose Gnome, Grim Reaper, and Torch the dragon. "Llama" would replace gnome if we were talking about the animal, but I felt like they were talking about those dumb mascots.

9. What brands would you like The Sims to collaborate with?
    Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei and Harry Potter. I want crazy anime looks, Pokemon pets and wizard garb/spells. Look, EA makes those bad Harry Potter games, and Rowling might want to incur some good will after everyone ripped on her and hated Crimes of Grindelwald.

10. How satisfied or dissatisfied are you overall with The Sims 4?
    Somewhat dissatisfied. I have fun playing with it, it brought a lot of great things to the franchise, and I play it nearly every day. But I feel like it's so half-baked and shallow, so it's overall inferior to 2 and 3. I love it, but I also hate it because I know it could be so much more. Like, as much as I want dragons (and I do. I really do), this game needs more depth and gameplay over anything else.

I didn't get an 11th question.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    This survey has gotten me VERY excited to see what's coming for Sims 4!

Personalities for our sims! Oh I hope, I hope, I HOPE!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Interesting, even if the 'popularity' choices were rather lame & had no idea what they were aiming at with brand affiliation. Still, a welcome chance to express feelings and give suggestions.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Took it so many interesting possible future pack ideas I gave a lot of 10s. Glad their considering a new winter wonderland pack with new snow activities and resorts.

Also I picked Island Living as the pack to update.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited January 2020
    I so wish I could specify what I mean when there is so many I just go like YES - but no-,

like for example there was this question about daytrips and I sort of feel we can do that already with clubs and holidays and all
    but if the things they could do during these daytrips were something we can't do in game already id say big yes
    because new group and family and couple activities are big big yes

no need to in specific have daytrips but id like more activities i could add to my holidays and clubs that sims could actually do together

you get me?

similarily there was question on luxury hotels and meanwhile I think it be cool once in a while id also want the hotels to not be just luxury like give me some dodgy ones as well would you? id so like one of those dodgy hotels where we could get our possessions stolen and all :sunglasses:
    and yes we need to be able to manage hotels what is the point of hotel if I can't build one and run it and make townies life miserable
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It looks like they are planning to add more things to packs already released and I love it! Hopefully that means it is possible we can get more apartments after all!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I so wish I could specify what I mean when there is so many I just go like YES - but no-,

like for example there was this question about daytrips and I sort of feel we can do that already with clubs and holidays and all
    but if the things they could do during these daytrips were something we can't do in game already id say big yes

no need to in specific have daytrips but id like more activities i could add to my holidays and clubs that sims could actually do together

you get me?

similarily there was question on luxury hotels and meanwhile I think it be cool once in a while id also want the hotels to not be just luxury like give me some dodgy ones as well would you? id so like one of those dodgy hotels where we could get our possessions stolen and all :sunglasses:
    and yes we need to be able to manage hotels what is the point of hotel if I can't build one and run it and make townies life miserable

I made a thread way, way back in the early days of S4 asking for day trips.

I said it would be nice to have a day trip to OR. Just visit the national park, have a picnic with the fam? And if and when we got beaches or a beach vacation, to just be able to go to the beach for a day.

Why do sims have to rent a place? Lots of parks have day passes. So I'm hoping that it opens it up for our sims to take day trips to vacation worlds.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

you get me?

I said it would be nice to have a day trip to OR. Just visit the national park, have a picnic with the fam? And if and when we got beaches or a beach vacation, to just be able to go to the beach for a day.

Why do sims have to rent a place? Lots of parks have day passes. So I'm hoping that it opens it up for our sims to take day trips to vacation worlds.

Oh is that what they meant by day trip? I was also confused by that question and felt like it was something we could do already. The only caveat I guess would be taking a day trip to a vacation spot for free/cheap instead of having to go for days at a time.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    [quote="Hoverael;c-17368669"]I'm at question 9 and i don't understand the question. what is meant by "Brands"? as in working with other companies or charities? doing what exactly? More elaboration required. I just left that question blank.

Question 7 is one i could go on forever typing out ideas for creating my sim and the stories surrounding them, but without contact from the guru's, there seems little point (frankly that question could of been greatly expanded on).[/quote]

Brand collaborations would be packs like the H&M or Ikea stuff packs from 2, the Katy Pery pack from 3 (kind of), and the Moschino pack that was recently released. Basically, a pack where the content is based on an existing company (or in Katy's case, person) and their products. For example Katy's pack had a lot of CAS items that looked like something she might wear on your, while the Ikea pack had a lot of build/buy stuff that looked like something from, well, an Ikea store.

Basically the question is asking you if you want to see any real world products translated into game content.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would encourage all Simmers to take this survey because it's definitely a different type of survey that could help in improving the Sims in the future. I've done mine.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    have a picnic with the fam? And if and when we got beaches or a beach vacation, to just be able to go to the beach for a day.
    Oh dang, I would love these. Especially if we got a little picnic basket and blanket, so we can have family meals outside.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »

you get me?

Oh is that what they meant by day trip? I was also confused by that question and felt like it was something we could do already. The only caveat I guess would be taking a day trip to a vacation spot for free/cheap instead of having to go for days at a time.

But we can't do it already. We can't just go visit the national park in OR or El Salvador. Or spend a day in either place. Although El Salvador is a little harder to seem realistic to go for a day.

But what if they brought in a winter holiday thing? Wouldn't you like to be able to just visit the slopes for a day rather than have to rent a cabin?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Technically we CAN take a day trip to the outdoor retreat or jungle, I make my Sims do it all the time, it's just you have to pay the money for a place to stay as if you were going to stay the night whether you stay the night or not. You can leave whenever you want though. But yes I'd like the option as well.
    Technically we CAN take a day trip to the outdoor retreat or jungle, I make my Sims do it all the time, it's just you have to pay the money for a place to stay as if you were going to stay the night whether you stay the night or not. You can leave whenever you want though. But yes I'd like the option as well.

Yeah. Rent a cabin for 1 night. A day trip would be different though. I hope we get them. Just like I hope they open up rental lot and apartment lot types for us and our worlds.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    If EA sort out their relationships and genology mechanics, and greatly expands on those, that would be fantastic. There could be so much potential with the parenthood pack adding even more options to relationships.

one of the questions had a social status and sim priority in there as well, as in the way they act and behave, which makes them different, the parenthood pack could really expand on that by using character values plus traits to create a semi-realistic adult with a specific behaviour and sticks to it religiously.

Get famous could also have a big factor in those relationships, because if there is a famous sim in the family who died a few generations back (and is noted in the genology with that star rating on their death), that sim would be seen by the family as a sign of pride and something to aspire towards, and other sims would recognise members of that family, meaning a positive reputation combined with character values for children could ultimately determine if that young person can connect and use their family members fame to create their own and keep the family in the spotlight.

There could also be negatives from such a spotlight on the family as well, as some family members would rather be left alone and as a result develop a poor reputation that would be felt. there still could be a famous face to come out of that but the chances are unlikely.

---

The parenthood pack i think could go back and more additions made, specifically to the parent-child mechanics, child-child mechanics and the whole adoption situation.

Step parents and step children. Sims marrying into an already existing family and jumping right into the parent aspect with children that are not theirs.

Foster parents and foster children. It is only by legal contract that unrelated children and adults can be considered children and parents. This game doesn't recognise that fact, instead it recognises them as their own natural born children (which goes way beyond the implication) and is utterly absurd. i thoroughly dislike the adoption in this game as it is. Foster children and parents need a new relationship dynamic, same between foster children and natural born children.

Cousins needs expanding on as well, as it is, all you see is "Cousin" in the relationship, but it doesn't say how far apart in the familiar bloodline they are or how many times removed either.

The genology window should also make it clear of any foster children and their familial relationships including their real parents as just a name label and an avatar picture and a simulated living or death experience from the genology window alone, so it gives a sense the real parents have gotten old or died from old age or unexpected for whatever reason listed by the game but never show up in the game. it adds a sense of the world outside the one we play from.

---

Edit: Forgot to add the ability to create bad blood scenarios between child-child or child-parent and parent-child to create a more complicated dynamic.

i was thinking along the lines of Siobhan Fyres and Morgan Fyres as examples. Although Siobhan is a fully grown woman in her own right, it is stated in the family bio that she and her sister Morgan don't see eye to eye because of the way they choose to act and the choices they make, so there could be a scenario there where bad blood/rivalry can develop between the siblings that automatically override and dictate any responses between the siblings. In this case Siobhan clearly disapproves of Morgan's behaviour and as a result is more likely to autonomously pick mean actions with her sister and damage the relationship until they find a way of sorting out the differences. it could potentially affect their relationship for good.

In order to fix the relationship Morgan needs not only find a way out of the renegades, but she needs to embrace her good nature which is already there in the traits. It also wouldn't hurt if she has tasks(/events) created by the game randomly on a day to make it up to Siobhan by finding a way to apologise, and building a sense of good by conversation and conversely Siobhan has some tasks of her own she needs to do to make it up to Morgan. This directly affects their relationship and if they manage it, things are patched up and they can act like sisters to each other and the rivalry ends, however if the user simply ends it before any effort is made or made no effort at all, the relationship takes a direct hit and neither of them will be anything more than adversaries.

Indirectly if Morgan and Siobhan make it up to each other? They give a positive impression to their parents Moira and Dominic and any other family members which gives a good sized friendship boost. But if they fail to make it up? their parents and any other family members will be disappointed and the relationship meters can take a minor hit.

It isn't just the Fyres, but the Munch family is another example, as well as the Goths as well where there is more than one child and a parent or parents involved, also the Caliente as well and the Landgraabs which gives the perfect excuse to line Johnny Zest back up with his landgraab family and set the tone for a really ugly familial situation.

---

Lots of things to find there as well.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2020
    I really hope get famous gets extra development. I want a proper singing career and the ability to make bands. It would so much fun to play a struggling artist playing for change in the city and then working their way up to concerts.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'd like to see Get Famous go back in for additional development, as mentioned above, but also to really flesh out Del Sol Valley a lot more, the state it is in currently is so poor it isn't worth the money of being an expansion. more neighbourhoods, more lots, places for celebrities already in the game to have their own place with their own unique flavour, it would also be nice if random sims can not move into specific lots, but other celebrities can instead, to give a sense of entitlement and exclusivity.

That silly starlight awards needs another pass over, especially around the bouncer and not allowing any sim inside that isn't a celebrity (or spouse to the celebrity) or on the job for a purpose. the area where the awards take place need to look and feel more grandiose, right now it is hardly worth being called an award show with a few chairs, and a microphone.

It is like EA have never seen an awards ceremony at all, but you'd have lots of chairs around tables, a big stage, lots of stage lights, other special effects lights, the most light is directed at the stage while the rest of the room is a little more darker lit.

I might also wish to state that the host can provide introductions and give some value between awards, but when an award is given it should be done by someone else. for example Judith Ward can come up and offer the award to Dirk Dreamer. or Dirk Dreamer and Holly Alto are on the stage to present the award to your sim. The time of how long you got to respond to get on stage and accept has to be reasonable. As it currently is there is some issue that prevents your sim for accepting their award right away. but you can accept it at another point when someone else is being awarded, it is silly in its current format.

There is so much potential with Del Sol Valley it isn't funny just how badly it has been handled.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I genuinly appreciate this survey a lot, shows they clearly hear what we want. Excited about the potential for existing packs to recieve some polishing, obviously I voted for Island Living, if they could expand those mermaids and make the Life Guard career a full career that'd make me real happy. I also voted for Seasons, mainly because I would like to see more weather effects like rain drops on surfaces, and potentially deep snow. The ability to rollerskate anywhere (if you buy a pair of rollerskates) would also be pretty cool. I also voted Cats and Dogs because I'd like to see a UI for them, and potentially some more things for them to do, I just want to train my cat how to use the toilet.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Just noticed this thread after making an announcement post, haha. Thanks for being on top of things, PlayerSinger2010 ;)

Didn't mean to steal your thunder, Frost!