March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
UPDATE!! THE SURVEY CLOSES TOMORROW (JAN 21!!). LAST CALL FOR TAKING IT!!

Don't know if anyone else saw this on Twitter, but SimGuruFrost released a new survey!

And yes, it's different from the ones we've taken before.

Post edited by PlayerSinger2010 on

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,105 Member
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    Thanks for this. I don't expect to see any results from this (except maybe a winter vacation pack... that might be the next November/December release) before 2021 at the earliest.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2020
    It looks like they may be considering a winter vacation pack....and hotels/resorts. I hope so! I’d like another mountain world with skiing and sledging!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    OMG i hope this ideas move forward! Everything i ask for: better relationships with interests etc, winter vacation, hotels, more traits and aspirations!
    Ive never answered this surveys before... does it usually means that we're getting this? So excited!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I literally chose ‘very interested’ to pretty much everything. Of course I want more lot traits, aspirations, skills. Of course I want my sims to be more fleshed out, their lives making more of an impact! I really hope they’re serious about making the game better because a lot of those survey choices could do it...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Interesting survey! A winter-themed GP would be really awesome! I like the idea of better/more in-depth sim-relationships and personally I also hope to see more unique sim-traits in CAS.
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Very interesting, I told them we need more relationships in the family tree, and that was "very dissatisfied" with the game overall.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    This survey was varied and interesting. I like that they're taking interest in how much we would want traits, active careers etc as well as possibly looking into older packs again. I felt more than happy to rate them and give suggestions.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    Very interesting survey. Personal factors affect how well a Sim gets along with another and choose your Sims’ activity level, social preferences, habits, etc. Sounds a bit like a personality overhaul. I hope this survey reflects on what they want to be working on. Going back to older packs and update them and possibly add more content could be interesting as well.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I'm so glad they had that part about CAS, I hope they actually read everything. I've talked serval times on the forums about how frustrated
    I am with their lack of variety in afro-textured hairstyles and how grey-toned the darker skin tones are so I wrote some of that in the survey, even gave them some search terms for their research. Here's hoping they listen!

(on a side note; i need a winter world but I hope it's not purely vacation)
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Yess they asked about personalities, relationships, and CAS! I really hope they implement the things mentioned here, these would be really great quality of life improvements!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,105 Member
    I wish I'd mentioned improving whims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I'm at question 9 and i don't understand the question. what is meant by "Brands"? as in working with other companies or charities? doing what exactly? More elaboration required. I just left that question blank.

Question 7 is one i could go on forever typing out ideas for creating my sim and the stories surrounding them, but without contact from the guru's, there seems little point (frankly that question could of been greatly expanded on).
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I enjoyed this survey so much! The first few pages was literally "very interested", and was so happy to see that they asked about relationships progress and possibly what seems like.. a system that could make Sims have some-what better personalities/relationship surroundings (ie: proposing to other Sims, etc).

I am so excited and hope that this is something they're looking to improve upon and when I saw those packs that could be polished/adding additional development - super stoked and hope that they indeed take this feedback and look into some of the packs that definitely feel lack-luster in game-play content.

I'm hoping they'll combine the vacation and owning a resort together into a game-pack, but. :/ maybe that will need to be an expansion pack? Not sure if all of that can fit into a game-pack, but I feel like the theme is much too similar and should be together. :) We could use more winter activities/family activities!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like that they asked a lot of questions about sim personalities, and making them more unique. At least that's what I felt a lot of the early questions were about.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Ski resorts sound cool and all, but I feel like we still need to focus on basics first :D

I upvoted everything to do with deeper personalities and relationships.

I really hope some of that will be coming soon!
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I like that they asked a lot of questions about sim personalities, and making them more unique. At least that's what I felt a lot of the early questions were about.

Yup! That was where I had so much trouble picking... Any or all would be welcome, but I had trouble choosing what I wanted most rather than just putting 10 for everything. I elevated the things that seemed related to memories most higly, but I couldn't really put anything super low in that section.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • SimGuruFrostSimGuruFrost Posts: 55 SimGuru (retired)
    Just noticed this thread after making an announcement post, haha. Thanks for being on top of things, PlayerSinger2010 ;)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yup! That was where I had so much trouble picking... Any or all would be welcome, but I had trouble choosing what I wanted most rather than just putting 10 for everything. I elevated the things that seemed related to memories most higly, but I couldn't really put anything super low in that section.

Picking habits, choosing likes/dislikes, choosing interests in terms of compatibility with other sims, etc would all be so great! So long as it transferred over in to game play.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    Good survey! I would especially love snowboarding, mountain climbing and the idea of running a ski resort. For personalities I am super interested in everything except the things about certain personalities getting along with others better... that I don't want as I find it's hard for me when I'm trying to set up two sims and they just won't get along, it's one of the reasons why I don't like Sims 2 and get bored of it quick. The place to comment what you'd like the most I put non-mutual relationships. That's what I really want most, I want my Sims to have non-reciprocated crushes, or in my one storyline I need my kid to hate her stepmum who actually adores the kid but it just isn't working out lol.

For old packs that I'd love to see updated I put Get to Work, Get Together and Island Living (3 packs that I really really love to play with and think an upgrade would just make them that much better)

For brands I want them to collab with I put Disney haha. I wish I'd also listed the IOC cuz a Sims Olympic pack would be awesome but I thought of it too late.