Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EIG Crashing

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I've started my latest CAW project with Sunset Valley Lite. I removed most of my mods for this, so EIG wouldn't crash. The only ones I have left are Velocity Grass' add any lot size and Blueprint Maker, which I need when I'm working on lots in my Build & Edit world, NRaas NoCD, and the two that came with the mods folder, no intro and no build sparkles. Things have been trouble free up until now.

I flattened some of the mountain beyond where the last lots are on Redwood Parkway in SV, erased all the unroutable paint, and placed some lots there. But when I saved, it went OK for a while, then crashed. The only thing I can think of that could have caused this is possibly deleting that routing paint. Does anyone of you more experienced builders know if that is the case? I've had a similar issue with a player made work I took into CAW, when I flattened part of some mountains near the edge of the map and deleted unroutable paint.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, I've also flattened mountains and deleted unroutable paint in the area where the military is in SV, quite some time ago, but as of yet, I have not tried to place anything there. So it's more like placing lots there is the issue, rather than simply flattening terrain.

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @IreneSwift :) ,

Most of the issues of CAW crashing in EIG is caused by the amount of store content in your DCCache folder as far as I know.
    I am not sure if changing the terrain and routing paint could have the same results ... but I doubt it ...

You could try taking your current DCCache out of your EA folder (paste it somewhere safe) the game will generate a new one without the store stuff ... then start CAW and go into EIG to find out if you can now build in EIG and save without problems. If that is the case you can then start adding store content back in but keep checking if all goes well in EIG ... if the store stuff is not the cause I'm afraid I have no other suggestions at the moment.

Keeping fingers crossed that you will find a solution.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    When EIG crashes, it can indeed be due to editing. If you can't get EIG to work, the best thing to do is to restore a backup version of your world from one of the backup folders under your Create a World folder. If you're lucky, you'll be able to restore your world from before you did all the editing that caused the crash. Unfortunately, you will lose some of the work you did since your last save in CAW.
    EiFlric.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Thanks guys. I didn't think it would be an issue of content, because I've been in and out of EIG dozens of times with this world already, and have successfully placed 69 lots there. But I was looking for other information in the tutorials thread and decided to check the links for EIG crashing. A store content limit was mentioned in a couple of them, and I guess I've probably reached it with the lots I have in place.

@Rflong7 told about finding a way to get around that by making several different versions of the same world with all the lots in place in all of them, but only some of the built lots in each one, then merging them. I didn't take the time to read it thoroughly, but I'm going to try to figure it out. It's going to be hard with no pictures illustrating what I need to look for, but there might be some in a page she linked to in the discussion.

I did go back to previous saves, but once it crashed in EIG that one time, it doesn't do any good to go back. It still crashes. I even started with a new Sims 3 folder, but it still crashed.