Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Misadventures: Story 2 Chapter 24 [Updated 10/25]

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam
    Thanks. :) Haha, I didn't see Loki until you said it, but Ian does look a lot like him. I don't know why, but Ian just looks a little evil or mischievous in that picture, imo. Your sister must be very pretty. I think Vern looks hot despite the angry face, lol.

I would love to see some B2W characters. :)

I had to play with the different sliders, especially Ian's picture, because his picture was all wonky when it got converted (his cheekbones were extremely pronounced and it looked really weird, lol). I think the biggest thing is the sharpness (I had it mostly to the right, but not all the way) and the chaos (mostly to the left, but not all the way). And with the guys, I had to move the gender slider to the right a little bit.
    Post edited by lone_cat on
    Okay, another one. I'm having way too much fun with this when I should be editing my next chapter, lol.
    This is Leo. The first image is a bit of a spoiler before chapter 17.
    nLW2VPGl.png
    I probably could have used a better image, but his artbreeder picture still turned out pretty good. I had to mess with the color and hue a little bit to get his skin to look normal again.

gdCNwtKl.jpg
    I have more pictures of more characters. Okay, now I really need to get back to working on my next chapter, lol.

Soto
    oMY5Nttl.png
    xnOTCIIl.jpg

Ivan
    vqOyUtPl.png
    TU4kQFml.jpg

The new character introduced in Story 2 Chapter 17
    ZdsIfU6l.png
    QXK2OD1l.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Oh my goodness, everyone still looks so much like themselves! That is amazing. I love how recognisable they are as real people. They all look fantastic!

I've looked at artbreeder before but I couldn't figure out how it works haha. But you've done an amazing job!
    @ThePlumbob Thanks! :) I tried to make them look as much like the original as possible. I also took into account their personalities and how they would smile or not smile. There is a happy and angry slider. Hailey, Barnes, and Leo are all very expressive and smiley. The rest are either grumps, not very expressive, or staring down their prey, lol. Ian looks a little different from what I pictured, but overall, I think it's fitting to his character. His expression still kind of creeps me out, and it makes him look a little devious (definitely not what I intended, lol).

If you need help with artbreeder, I'm always happy to help. :)
    lone_cat wrote: Β»
    @ThePlumbob Thanks! :) I tried to make them look as much like the original as possible. I also took into account their personalities and how they would smile or not smile. There is a happy and angry slider. Hailey, Barnes, and Leo are all very expressive and smiley. The rest are either grumps, not very expressive, or staring down their prey, lol. Ian looks a little different from what I pictured, but overall, I think it's fitting to his character. His expression still kind of creeps me out, and it makes him look a little devious (definitely not what I intended, lol).

If you need help with artbreeder, I'm always happy to help. :)

Oh, that's clever to take their facial expressions into account. Hailey is definitely a great deal smilier than Vern :D
    I procrastinated again in writing and editing today. I'm sort of struggling with this next chapter, and have rewritten the thing a bunch of times, but I think I know what I'm going to do with it. Well, at least I think I need to just pick something and stick with it (if you can't tell, I can be a little indecisive at times).

I made more artbreeder photos. I learned it is possible to have glasses, it's just in my first photo of Ian they didn't show up. I merged a couple of photos of Ian together to give him glasses.
    CuIGYxrl.jpg

Serenity (bartender and Hailey's neighbor)
    55BtPP6l.png
    This reminds me that I need to take portraits of my new sims from Story 2, lol.
    7BM5fPvl.jpg

And a townie that I will probably never use in my story (he does have a strange fascination with photobombing my screenshots though, lol). I took some creative liberties, and I'll let you guess who.
    9mZxDUdl.jpg

Eventually, I think I'll put his dark form into artbreeder, and see what I come up with.

There are a few more story sims that I haven't forgotten about, but I think I'll take a break from artbreeder, and overloading this thread with photos, and work on my next chapter. :)
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Woahhh.....

Y'know I've been secretly trying out artbreeder the whole night and I'm getting nowhere. How do you get them so crisp and clear like that?
    And Vlad wooow he has such a pretty boy face I never knew! :lol: Just need some food, too bad he can't eat them.

Also I forgot to mention earlier but I really like Soto and Willa is like.. Wowza! :love:
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam Thanks. :) Willa's is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Sorry, I wrote a really long reply and probably over-explained some things, but hopefully, this helps. :)
    First step I try to have a photo that is pretty clear to begin with and a close-up image (the Serenity photo wasn’t as clear and the eyes turned out to be a little less clear than the other pictures). I also have CC skins and I think this helps make it a little easier (don’t worry though, I’ve been experimenting with non CC sims and the Vlad pic I pulled from the internet and that was grainy after it uploaded. So it is possible to make clear images, it just takes a little more experimenting). I also like having a dark neutral background (don’t know if this helps and this just might be my personal preference).

Chaos
    So first I set the chaos slider to the left, not all the way because the photo becomes unrecognizable. I think the sweet spot is between 0.3-0.6, but you might find it is more or less depending on the photo.

Sharpness
    Then I set to the sharpness to the right. Sometimes I go all the way, and sometimes I have to back off a little because it makes the photo look too sharp. I have this set pretty high or maxed.

Art
    Then I set the art slider all the way to the left. This also varies, and it makes the eyes smaller, so you might not be able to go all the way if it looks weird. You can also adjust the open eye slider to make the eyes look more open.

Then I will adjust all the other sliders from there. I found the other sliders you can’t be as extreme with because it makes the photo look odd. And I also jump around between sliders and readjust if I need to.

I found with all the male sims I had to slide the gender slider to the right, depending on the sim. Ian’s I barely slid, and Luke’s and Ivan’s were almost maxed. The others were somewhere in the middle. I really didn’t have to do much with the female sims. Willa’s I slid to the left a little (she has more of a heart-shaped face) and Vern’s I slid to the right a titch (Vern has a square jawline so that helped define it).

Age I sometimes use. Luke looked really old, and I had to slide his to the left a little. I slid it to the right for Soto and Ivan to give them wrinkles. The others I didn’t use this slider.

Race
    The racial sliders I used occasionally depending on the sim. I used the black slider for Serenity and Barnes and the Asian slider for Soto. I also used the white slider a little for Ian and the middle-eastern slider a little for Ivan (these you have to experiment with and I didn’t always need them).

Makeup
    Makeup I sometimes use. To the right makes the face paler and the left makes it more brownish/yellow in complexion. It also adds what looks like bigger pores and a rougher texture. I maxed this slider to the right for Willa. Some of the guys I shifted it to the left, I know I did it with Luke, Ivan and Soto. Others I didn't use it like in Hailey’s photo.

Hat, width, height and yaw I didn't use.

Pitch I used on Willa’s photo and slid it to the left. Left tips the chin down and makes it look like the sim is staring intensely.

Facial hair I only change for the guys depending on if I want more or less hair.

Blue eyes I used occasionally, right makes them more blue left is more brown.

Hair I did use. I know I tweaked Willa’s hair a lot and used all three sliders, but I can’t remember exactly what I did.

Colors
    The colors red, blue, green I will tweak a little depending on the photo. I found I can’t go too far with these. Also hue and saturation I tweaked a little. Usually, I will try these after I've done everything else.

After I’ve done all the changes I think I can, I save it. Then I will go back into the saved photo and tweak it even further. This basically makes it so you can increase the sharpness and art slider even more if you need it. Sometimes, I will change the chaos slider and play around with the other sliders as well. I used this step for the hazier images like Serenity and Vlad. I also had to do this with Soto's photo.
    I recreated to the best of my ability Willa's picture and took screenshots of all the sliders. So hopefully this helps, or at least you can see the numbers. The sliders will be slightly different with each picture.

Original image
    ZdsIfU6l.png

Image after it is uploaded to artbreeder
    adZMswHl.jpg

Sliders I used. I realized that I did use yaw, and this picture required me to push chaos to 0.245, but most others weren't this low.
    sbtNkW2.png

I saved, then sharpened the image further and used a few more sliders.
    Uup0OL8.png
    @lone_cat Thanks for taking the time to walk me through. I'll have a go again tonight. Now I see where I went wrong. So many places actually. Like even the pics I uploaded were of low quality. I actually used up all the picture space provided :lol: Alright 2nd try then.
    Honestly, I couldn't even figure out how to upload a picture in the first place, I'm hopeless :D But it's so fun seeing all of your guys!

Willa is stunning - but that's no surprise!

Vlad came out surprisingly good-looking - he looks more like @FeroshaCoutora 's Vlad 😍
    @mercuryfoam The Vlad picture I used was pretty low quality, so you might be able to use the photos you have, it just takes a lot more experimenting to get the photos to look clear. I think the biggest thing is having a clear picture of the face.

I hope that helps, and I can't wait to see some B2W characters. :)

@ThePlumbob

Haha, that's the same thing I thought. He does look a lot like Ferosha's Vlad.

I wanted to make him a little less creepy looking. I messed around with the colors quite a bit to give him the purplish cast to his lips and lower eyelids. I figured he's a vampire and technically dead. But you could totally go the opposite way and make him look really creepy and weird.

If you need help uploading a picture, I wrote up a small step-by-step guide. I'll go from the very beginning because I'm not sure what step you're at.
    Click start on the artbreeder homepage and sign in to your account or use a google account.

Then click create on the top right menu bar.

Select Portraits and on the next page select upload.

Click on the upload symbol and select a file to upload. It will take a few minutes to upload and sometimes up to an hour.

Once uploaded the picture will show up at the bottom of the page.

Click on the picture and it will take to a page with all the sliders to the right of the picture. From there you can use the sliders.

If you need help uploading a picture, I wrote up a small step-by-step guide. I'll go from the very beginning because I'm not sure what step you're at.

Aah, thank you! I now get what my problem was (which was basically at the very beginning lol), I was picking General instead of Portraits and kept wondering why there is no upload button. I can sense this will go well already haha!
  • FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    OMG I've never even heard of artbreeder before but holy cow these are stunning! I'm about to lose an entire afternoon to trying to figure out how to use this LOL.

@lone_cat and @ThePlumbob he does look like my Vlad! Rawr!
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
    @lone_cat Now I am obsessed with artbreeder and omg I've fallen down a rabbit hole and I think all my chapters are going to be late lol. I'm still learning, but your tips helped a lot!

r0AD3AN.jpg
    @FeroshaCoutora Haha! It's super addicting. Glad the tips helped. :) I can't wait to see your characters if you want to share them. :)
    edited September 2020
    Yes! Okay I only did a few and now I'm also addicted! Here's Vlad/Alice and William and his potential love interest, Morgyn, because as @ThePlumbob can tell you, my love for Morgyn knows no bounds and blinds me to all their possible flaws as an evil magic user :-) <3

I want to make something with this! I don't know what. Maybe some kind of "The characters as..." post for Halloween (I say, as my brain yells at me to finish up my chapters for September)

Baking By Death Game Version - Vlad
    faJYu8X.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Vlad
    6AvdRpn.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - Alice
    qFb7Uku.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Alice
    GLApuHF.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - William
    Pp308ma.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - William
    kh3B5X2.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - Morgyn
    yJRwko4.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Morgyn
    sYIxa6C.jpg
    Post edited by FeroshaCoutora on

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Don't mind me, just casually lurking in the background while I catch up on your second story. I can't wait to see what you come up with. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @FeroshaCoutora They look amazing! Mmm, Vlad and William are looking mighty fine.😍 And Alice is so pretty. I always wondered what Morgyn looked like, but they look awesome, despite being an evil magic user, lol. I held off on Morgyn's artbreeder; I figured you and @ThePlumbob would have dibs on them. :)

@_sims_Yimi Welcome! Glad you stopped by. :)
    @FeroshaCoutora They look amazing! Mmm, Vlad and William are looking mighty fine.😍 And Alice is so pretty. I always wondered what Morgyn looked like, but they look awesome, despite being an evil magic user, lol. I held off on Morgyn's artbreeder; I figured you and @ThePlumbob would have dibs on them. :)

@_sims_Yimi Welcome! Glad you stopped by. :)

LOL! Thank you! Yeah, I was like: dang, should I be dating Vlad? I still haven't figured out how to give Alice her - "I hate people but I'm also v awkward" expression.

I only have one more "upload" for the month so I gotta figure out who it should be...I'm also tempted to upload their monster forms and see how it looks...

r0AD3AN.jpg
    I wanted to get story 2 wrapped up, but my brain took a detour the last few chapters, and I didn't know how to write this chapter (and now it became two chapters). I have to edit Chapter 21, but I will post that one later today. Anyway, in this chapter Hailey finds out some information that makes her look at Ian in a new way.
    sb0xuyul.png
    Yay, another chapter. Hailey gets a surprise visit and we learn a little more about Hailey's backstory.
    hoUg0pql.jpg
    I'm so intrigued. You've added so many questions in these last two chapters my head's been pulled in so many directions! Now I'm wondering about the loose ends to their Sulani mystery, Hailey's origins, where Richard is fleeing to, Willa's hidden motives, Ian's secrets. And.. this might come outta nowhere but Barnes and Brian's love story! There's no conclusion there yet! I need to know if Barnes is going to get it with Luke or get back with Brian. :joy:
    @mercuryfoam
    All good questions. :) I will answer some questions in this story and some will be answered next story, and some will continue into future stories. And I haven't forgotten about Barnes. :) Can't say exactly in what order things will get answered.