Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negativity on the Forums

Recently, negatively on the forums seems out of control. Simmers should always feel free to offer constructive criticism, of course, but the trend of "anti" and conspiracy theory threads is going too far, IMHO. It makes for a hostile environment.

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I think people have a right to express their disappointment. However, I’ll admit the « anti » thing seems a bit extreme to me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2020
    This is why I'm on here less and less. The negativity is too much. I've been getting my sim info from twitter lately and just enjoying my game. I came here to connect with sim lovers alike but I feel like the gurus abandoned this forum because it has just become a corner for people to gather and share their hate for sims4 and how it must end. But no one is forcing me to be here either so I mostly keep to myself now. :/

I swing by occasionally to post my desperation for zombies lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So I take it this is about complaining about the game?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    There's negativity everywhere in the world. Not just this forum.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Plus there are a lot of insults being aimed at the gurus in which I think should be left out all together. Personal insults have nothing to do with constructive criticism for the game. Just comes off as overall toxic. And could hurt people's feelings. :'(
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I hadn't run across any except in threads designated for complaining, so I'll take your word for it. But I guess venting frustrations is a human need too, so I don't blame anyone for having a designated complaints thread. And I haven't seen personal insults either, but again, I'll take your word for it. Sorry you're feeling bad about the forum!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I think you're seeing an increase in negativity and a decrease in civility, such as calling the developers lazy or money hungry, because the game is now in it's 5th year and there are a lot of basic game improvements, features, and bug fixes simmers still want. I think it's starting to sink in that some of those improvements may never come to fruition and some simmers are becoming increasingly frustrated. Add to that the possibility of the game continuing for another 2-3 years.

As far as the anti threads are concerned at least you know what the comments will be like and can avoid those threads.