Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Counter Space Available? [FIXED]

hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
edited March 2020 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I've recently installed mods related to "Custom Food Interactions" by TheFoodGroup on MTS, and I'm having trouble understanding why whenever I try to cook that it tells me "There's no available counter space." when there in fact is. It has even greyed out all the non-cc foods, so I pretty much can't cook or have a snack at all now.

I tried testing the problem by re-purchasing the counter(s), stove, fridge, and resetting my sim. I have all the ingredients and cooking skills needed (my sim's a lvl 10). I don't have any duplicates or meshes, just the packages and scripts.
Post edited by hellokitty1496 on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    I've recently installed mods related to "Custom Food Interactions" by TheFoodGroup on MTS, and I'm having trouble understanding why whenever I try to cook that it tells me "There's no available counter space." when there in fact is. It has even greyed out all the non-cc foods, so I pretty much can't cook or have a snack at all now.

I tried testing the problem by re-purchasing the counter(s), stove, fridge, and resetting my sim. I have all the ingredients and cooking skills needed (my sim's a lvl 10). I don't have any duplicates or meshes, just the packages and scripts.

Do you have the latest version of the Mod from Jan 4th? The main page for the Mod says that jambalaya is broken. You might also want to check the other foods that you have downloaded to make sure that they are working.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    @Bananas_45
    I've downloaded the latest version of that mod (Dec. 15). I've downloaded most of the custom foods (updated), so the only parts I managed to successfully install were the ingredients and a few buy able foods. Some of the latest patches I didn't consider on downloading since I don't own those packs, like Dine Out or City Living (even though the requirement was base only), I figured it was optional or that it'd mess up my game.

@Bananas_45
    I've downloaded the latest version of that mod (Dec. 15). I've downloaded most of the custom foods (updated), so the only parts I managed to successfully install were the ingredients and a few buy able foods. Some of the latest patches I didn't consider on downloading since I don't own those packs, like Dine Out or City Living (even though the requirement was base only), I figured it was optional or that it'd mess up my game.

You might want to posts in the comments on MTS for that Mod. The Creators can answer questions for you.
    @Bananas_45
    I don't know what happened, but I think the new update fixed it.
    @Bananas_45
    I don't know what happened, but I think the new update fixed it.

I'm glad it's fixed.
    edited March 2020
    UPDATE: Turns out that I needed to delete all food mods, scripts, and overrides that would interfere with the stoves and fridges if I wanted to play without them. In terms of counter space availability, make sure the mods and patches are updated.