Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Style voting results are in: DYI Delight FTW

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Lovely! <3 Really pleased this one won, it looks lovely!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Concept art: mostly neutral colored furniture, a green chair and some yellow accents on certain pieces and a rug matching one wall. Features 2 brightly colored accent walls with pink and sea foam green paint.

People: "I hate the swatches, looks like a Barbie house!"

Makes 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sense.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    LadyDecaf wrote: »
    The color palette isn't my favorite--gives off barbie dream house vibes. Oh well, hopefully some plain swatches will be included.

sim guru ninja confirmed on twitter there will be other colors in response to someone saying they dont care for bright pastels
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    No!!!!!!!!!!! :s I really didn't care for this one at all yet I liked both of the others.

Same. It looks like Barbie's dream sewing room to me, but oh well. I voted Happy Haunts anyway.

I agree on the Barbie comment. I was hoping knitting would be a little like sewing from Sims 2 because I loved those customisable outfits. I would love to see Happy Haunts as a gamepack though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    This is the one I was hoping would win. Hopefully they include some neutral colors as well but overall, I’m happy it won.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It remindes me of my boring Home Ec sewing class back in the day.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Chazzzy

As I predicted... The stereotypes are very strong in the modern society.

At the same The Sims is a game for everybody so everyone has the right to get their favorite content in the game even if some people don't like it.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Granny stuff, girly stuff or neutral stuff... honestly I don't care about this pack.

I don’t care about the knitting aspect of it, but I am looking forward to the new Buy/Build mode objects. I hope the industrial/neutral theme wins! It’ll do wonders for my Sim’s homes I think.

Don't dream, pink girly room will win.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Well this is pleasantly surprising! I genuinely thought that Granny Chic was going to win but I'm so glad that it didn't :sweat_smile:

I was hoping for either this or Cozy Craft so I don't mind the result at all. I get what some are saying about 'Barbie vibes' because I see it too, so I hope that any neutral swatches for the furniture are plentiful as I quite like the style of furniture but I'm personally not fond of an entire room of pastels.

The only thing that I disliked (pretty much with all the concepts) was the CAS style, which I'm not a huge fan of - It's going to be interesting to see what ideas they present us with in that regard.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Concept art: mostly neutral colored furniture, a green chair and some yellow accents on certain pieces and a rug matching one wall. Features 2 brightly colored accent walls with pink and sea foam green paint.

Makes plum sense.

People: Give their opinion.

You: I better make a post about how they're wrong about their opinion

Makes plum sense.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes!!! Now I only hope a workign rocking chair will be included.

The yellow chair in the corner looks a little bit like a rocking chair. I really hope a working rocking chair will be included, too, with a creaking sound like in Sims 3.

I voted for Granny Chic, but I'm glad this one won, too. To be honest, I was torn between DIY and Granny. This would have been my second choice, and I think DIY is perhaps a more versatile style than Granny, especially for those of us who don't play with elder sims that often. But I hope they give us a rocking chair, I think that would be a good compromise.

I remember years ago my little toddler niece was fascinated by the wooden rocking chair that we had. I had to gently tell her not to put her fingers underneath the rockers! She said to her mom "Auntie say to me be careful with the rocking chair" It was so cute because she was completely absorbed in figuring out how it worked!

I'm looking forward to the next round of voting, and choosing specific objects.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.

Makes plum sense.

Makes plum sense.

I'm not wrong though? Most of that furniture is pretty neutral. A barbie house would have pink closets, pink desk, pink rug, pink floor, pink everything.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I really think that this option is the best for those of us who wanted a more generic "Crafting Hobbies" pack than a specific knitting pack. While this is just an art style, there are several items in here (and in Cozy Craft) that would work for a pretend "sewing" room or even generic "Crafting" room.

We may only be getting Knitting as a gameplay option, but we can (hopefully) at least deck out a crafting room in hopes of future crafting hobbies. (Sewing?? - barely even requires new animation for the sim, because the sims will just sit there with their hands more or less in place as the fabric progresses through the machine... Okay, fine. Just knitting for now.)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Makes plum sense.

Makes plum sense.

I'm not wrong though? Most of that furniture is pretty neutral. A barbie house would have pink closets, pink desk, pink rug, pink floor, pink everything.

Not to mention Dave has said that there will be swatches for everything... presumably, even the walls.
    edited January 2020

Makes plum sense.

Makes plum sense.

Not to mention Dave has said that there will be swatches for everything... presumably, even the walls.

Exactly. At least I know I'll be able to use these assets in things other than knitting, on a lot of houses.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    The color palette isn't my favorite--gives off barbie dream house vibes. Oh well, hopefully some plain swatches will be included.

sim guru ninja confirmed on twitter there will be other colors in response to someone saying they dont care for bright pastels

That's great. Always a good idea to mix in a couple neutrals/ plain swatches.

Makes plum sense.

Makes plum sense.

If we even get wall textures... I'm pretty sure both of those colors are already available in base game as plain wall paint. I'm confident the green is. (I almost never do pink.)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    At this point I don't remember any of the choices, but believe I voted for Granny Chic. I think DIY was my second choice. Its a nice style, and I'll probably use a lot of the stuff from the pack, being heavily into arts & crafts (including knitting) myself. Not too fond of pastels, pink in particular, so hope there will be some other colours to choose from (please, let there be some choices of nice green tones!)
  • vanneck1420vanneck1420 Posts: 2 New Member
    Wasn't the one I voted for, but I did like them all so it's okay :smile:
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I wasn't a fan of the CAS look but love the craft room - it's kind of what I would love for my paper crafting room (I think it should be in an update). I do hope for some muted tones for less colourful sims lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    I'm curious to know if the pink color influenced the vote...

Pink choices won twice.

I picked DIY despite the pink, not because of it. It's really only the one wall and a bit of trim. The trim I can handle (if it isn't changed in swatches) and the wall can be changed - if it's even included.

I picked DIY for the modern craft room feel of the Build/Buy items (The table, the peg board with thread, and the wheeled cart most especially.)
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I'm curious to know if the pink color influenced the votes...

I voted DIY but not for the pink. I chose it because it looked the most versatile. I can pretend my sims are doing crafts other than knitting. Would be great if we get a variety of colors to suit different players' styles
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    No!!!!!!!!!!! :s I really didn't care for this one at all yet I liked both of the others.

Ditto
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    u r g h.

just urgh.

I truly hope object voting will turn this around for now community I am truly disappointed in you p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I was hoping this one would win even though I voted for a different one without seeing the previews first. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top