Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my Coffeehouse venue work correctly?

So, recently I got into an obsession with recreating the entire world of Riverview from scratch. It's my favorite world, but I've decided to fully challenge myself and making sure everything (community lots, residential homes, etc) are my own. So far, I've gotten a lot of stuff done! However, one issue I came across while building my own 'Flying V's Coffeehouse'...

I create everything the way I would normally. I placed the rabbit hole and decorated around it as I wanted to. I placed the stage by using the 'buyDebug' cheat. I have everything all set... however, when I went to go assign the lot as 'Coffeehouse' (NOT JAVA HUT), it said something like "There's a special building located on this lot. Sims won't use the lot as intended unless the building is removed."

(something along those lines)...

So... are we not able to build our own 'Flying V's Coffeehouse' with the rabbit hole and stage? Is that something only the premade version of it (found in the library bin) is capable of doing? Or will my venue work fine?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Do you have a Subway Station placed on the lot? I've only ever seen that message when I have the Subway Station on a lot, but it seems to still work okay
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would save the lot to the library, then completely bulldoze everything off it, and then delete the actual lot, replace a blank lot, then replace your
    build and try again.Its possible to do your own coffee houses, I have a few downloaded in my game.

Edit: Upon googling I found something interesting...By any chance have you added any of the community lot buildings to this particular lot such as a bookstore or a grocery store, to make a commons area type lot? Seems that causes this message to pop up.

http://modthesims.info/t/520416
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Do you have a Subway Station placed on the lot? I've only ever seen that message when I have the Subway Station on a lot, but it seems to still work okay

No, I'm using Riverview, so I don't necessarily have a need for them... then again, I completely forgot they even existed in the game until you mentioned it! lol

But yeah... no... it's just a lot with a coffeehouse... :disappointed:
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I would save the lot to the library, then completely bulldoze everything off it, and then delete the actual lot, replace a blank lot, then replace your
    build and try again.Its possible to do your own coffee houses, I have a few downloaded in my game.

Edit: Upon googling I found something interesting...By any chance have you added any of the community lot buildings to this particular lot such as a bookstore or a grocery store, to make a commons area type lot? Seems that causes this message to pop up.

http://modthesims.info/t/520416

Unfortunately, I don't have any other buildings (aside from the coffeehouse)... but, I'll try your first suggestion and see what happens.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    The Flying V is a cafe rabbit hole and this error happens when you change the lot type with a rabbit hole placed. I’ve always ignored the error and haven’t had issues yet.