Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

Comments

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Turtleneck and pants from the trailer:

ggqSzoW.png

Turtleneck and pants from Discover University:

llCPbK8.png

It's like they're trying to make it obvious that the contents of this pack were pulled from DU to be sold separately.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

It's like they're trying to make it obvious that the contents of this pack were pulled from DU to be sold separately.

"WHAT EvidEncE Do YoU Have it's wAS meant To BE IN DU?!?!??!"

sorry..had to...

The Sims 4's entire Stuff Pack system is shady. Content from this one is clearly taken from DU, but Seasons got hit by the same kind of thing when you consider Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff. The content in those two packs (gameplay items like the waterslide, mechanics like costume parties and pumpkin carving) all came WITH Seasons back during The Sims 3 years. TS3 Seasons also got the ice cream makers, which now come separately in the kitchen stuff pack, whilst laundry also came with either TS3 Ambitions or TS3 University depending on how you bought packs. Hot tubs came with TS3 Late Night. The point is that there's so many examples where TS4 sold gameplay items separately whereas the previous iteration included them at no extra cost.

My First Pet Stuff is an obvious offender in the same respect. The content of Kids Room Stuff could have been added to Parenthood, the same with Toddler Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff could have been added to Get Famous. Bowling and movies could have been added to Get Together considering the fact they're group based.

I question more and more why this community stands for this?!
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    To me this is another example of sims 4 laziness in giving out the bare minimum for the most profit ,
    I never used the murphy bed in sims 3 simply because i tried it and had a sim die the first night they used it because they added the death to it . I reloaded the save and promptly deleted it
    Things i would like to have seen
    Bunk Beds ( they could easily have used the animations from previous versions like they have done with 99% of things )
    Dryers on top of washing machines
    Fold up sofas
    Ladders , like the ones from the boats in sims 3
    Combined shower toilet cubicle again done before in sims 3
    Small wall mounted tv's & stereo's combined
    Work top cookers and hobs

Would you look at this (someone brought it up in a new thread)

This was before DU was released...yeah you can't tell me this was meant for DU its the SAME animation!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

sorry..had to...

The Sims 4's entire Stuff Pack system is shady. Content from this one is clearly taken from DU, but Seasons got hit by the same kind of thing when you consider Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff. The content in those two packs (gameplay items like the waterslide, mechanics like costume parties and pumpkin carving) all came WITH Seasons back during The Sims 3 years. TS3 Seasons also got the ice cream makers, which now come separately in the kitchen stuff pack, whilst laundry also came with either TS3 Ambitions or TS3 University depending on how you bought packs. Hot tubs came with TS3 Late Night. The point is that there's so many examples where TS4 sold gameplay items separately whereas the previous iteration included them at no extra cost.

My First Pet Stuff is an obvious offender in the same respect. The content of Kids Room Stuff could have been added to Parenthood, the same with Toddler Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff could have been added to Get Famous. Bowling and movies could have been added to Get Together considering the fact they're group based.

Maybe when videos from game changers will be released people will notice. I mean, it is pretty obvious that they took some assets from Discover University and resold it as a stuff pack when it comes to the clothing. And people have reacted pretty negatively on that before. But we will see. The pack is only $10 and comes with some nice furniture so a lot of people will probably be happy with that.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

sorry..had to...

I was thinking about this and the sad reality is so many of us love this series and we want to play these games. It's just that we feel to make the game even better we need to keep adding things...EAxis continues to make games because they continue to make money, so purchases are proof for them to keep making games. But also if people keep buying things, it means they feel like there's something missing in their game. You don't buy a thing if you already have it; you buy something because you don't have it. And that idea highlights how much is missing from the game...until EAxis creates it. It's like a catch-22.
    edited January 2020

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

sorry..had to...

I was thinking about this and the sad reality is so many of us love this series and we want to play these games. It's just that we feel to make the game even better we need to keep adding things...EAxis continues to make games because they continue to make money, so purchases are proof for them to keep making games. But also if people keep buying things, it means they feel like there's something missing in their game. You don't buy a thing if you already have it; you buy something because you don't have it. And that idea highlights how much is missing from the game...until EAxis creates it. It's like a catch-22.

True, I still have some impossible hope that it'll get better...because this is a beloved series on mine..so I can see and understand that...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    They've been doing repeats for years. Let's move on, this complaint is 5 years old.
    edited January 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They've been doing repeats for years. Let's move on, this complaint is 5 years old.

That may be true, but it is the principal of the thing...they are making us pay for something that was obviously meant for the expansion..I don't know about you but I don't like to be tricked and pay money for nonsense (well, I am not spending my money on this pack, you do whatever you want.)

I may also add this game is 5 years old xD (overstayed it's welcome imo)
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

The fact the developers haven't addressed such complaints in five years says a lot about the developers.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2020
    The pack it made more sense to be bunk beds was Parenthood it fit the theme. The beds they putting in the SP feel like they were taken out our Discover University and just added in a tiny homes pack I mean do we really need a pack to make tiny homes? Can’t we already do that. You don’t need a tiny home lot to make a tiny home.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I wouldn't say I have a complaint, I'm just confused. Before I looked up the details Tiny Living sounded interesting. I thought it was going to be something new at least for the player who like that stuff. Then I saw the trailer and read the offical post or whatever and I'm hoping I missed something because I don't get it.

I don't see how this is bringing something new to The Sims series when it's really only new in title. Building a tiny home can already be done so they're just selling you clothing and new furniture (most of which appears like it could go in the new knitting stuff pack being worked on, to be honest) while implying it has new features that, for the most part, the game already has. It seems to me like people would basically being paying to be told when they hit a 100 tile mark, to officially call the space a tiny home, a Murphy bed, and a bookshelf/tv/radio combo (and to be honest again, most of those thing could've gone in Discover University, Island Living, or City Living). From what I've seen the pack doesn't truly add much in the way of tiny home living.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    This pack is a flat out no for me. I have mods that can make my house, household objects smaller and they are FREE. I want bunk beds, spiral stairs, pee buckets(yes even that) mini stoves, oven, foldable tables and chairs with actual animation... I don't need a new method of killing my sims with that thing they call murphy bed which will probably occupy 50% of those tiny homes. I want to be able to live in a functional trailer/ RV and live a life on the road! Why can't that be a thing? I was so disappointed when I learned that the Strangerville trailers were just there for decoration. I am curious to see what EA has planned but I highly doubt I'll buy this.
    giphy.gif
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    So it looks like you can build on any lot, but your house structure will be limited by the number of grid squares. I’m sure there’s some kind of gameplay feature that counts up or counts down as you build.

My only thing with that is now they’ve added a stuff pack that contains a preset “challenge” similar to SV. I hope they don’t intend to continue a lasting trend of squeezing more of these one-track challenges and missions into packs 🤷🏽‍♀️

On the other hand, I’m not a big builder but it’s cool to see that they are starting to make packs that are focused on those Simmies who love to build.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I'm really disappointed in what I've seen of this pack tbh. I actually loooove tiny living in real life - when I first saw the title, (not the trailer) I was really excited. I expected they'd actually include a whole lot more tiny living objects - counter stoves (like some of you have mentioned), bunk beds, ladders, creative clutter, more compact items etc - all the stuff that goes with tiny living.

While this is a stuff pack, I also had fairly high expectations for gameplay after moschino and laundry day. The murphy bed is cool, but shouldn't be the main feature of the pack, esp since there'll be no bunk beds or ladders, and was included in previous uni expansions.

While I guess the positive benefits of living in a tiny home are okay, s4 is so easy in regards to money and relationships, that I don't feel they'll have any effect on gameplay. Instead, I'd like to see some of those negative consequences such as lack of space and privacy - this would make me interested in the pack.

Overall I feel ambivalent towards it. If it really was tiny living stuff instead of uni leftover stuff, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but now, not so much.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited January 2020
    I saw the trailer and was feeling 'meh' afterwards. My biggest complaint is the relationship booster. Relationships are so easy to make....there's no challenge to making friends, or even getting married for that matter. This is just my opinion but I don't see the point in having something raise my Sims relationship. & it doesn't really fit the theme of 'tiny living' to me. If people are cramped in a small space it seems relationships might be harder or something. Ugh....but it fits right in line with this 'happy, happy, nothing bad or challenging will ever happen to my Sims' theme that TS4 seems be. But hey....at least they're consistent...they keep the game light, happy, and just so non-challenging. I don't expect a Stuff Pack to be challenging, too be clear, I just dont' want a booster in the game to make what's already easy, even easier.
  • MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    Maybe they're making us go mad and it will be released with bunk beds and ladders

But seriously, not really anything in the trailer says 'tiny living' to me. A murphy bed takes up a lot of space, you still have to leave the tiles empty. I'd rather see a bed that looks like a couch and could be used as one. Also what about smaller kitchens? That's usually the one thing in a house that downsizes when going tiny. Or the all-in-one bathroom from TS3.

The pack should in my opinion have at least some items that help us build even smaller houses than we are able to now.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Thank you for making this thread, now let's just hope people won't come in a bash us for disliking....but it happens regardless EVERY darn time...

They might get finally used to it after a few of these threads :D I will never run out of time to make them...

So someone is going to create a thread every pack now? If that case I will be in favor. That way I wont type the same complains over and over again haha and this might help the gurus have are feedback in one place rather than scattered around in the forums
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    We really need Trash Compactors, or microwaves on counters, or something like that. Even an expandable loveseat which can be turned to a bed.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    We really need Trash Compactors, or microwaves on counters, or something like that. Even an expandable loveseat which can be turned to a bed.

The loveseat converts into a bed and vice versa. I would like trash compactors to come back. They look very similar to dishwashers, and I imagine the animations would be very much the same as interacting with the dishwasher + trash can, so I'm not sure why there are no trash compactors in the game.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'll give you an example with the old apartment I lived in years ago. My ex and I had a small built-in dishwasher. We had a fantastic microwave built in above the stove that unlike my current apartment I could run other things without the circuit breaker going off or the fuse from the living/dining room area blowing and needing to find a fuse in the middle of the night and changing it. My current apartment makes an art of conserving as much space as possible. A futon or daybed in the living room would have been a great added feature. No Spiral staircases either. They needed to add more rather than cheat us out of content once again.

@Chazzzy I have to agree with you on all your points commented on.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]