Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Lots

I am wondering if EA will now allow us to add new lots to towns , simply because I have used every single lot already for residential houses and community lots and i certainly am NOT flattening any of those just to make a small house

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Then don’t? If you think they’re gonna give us another world just for tiny houses the answer is most likely no. The whole “tiny house residential” lot type is so pointless, we don’t have that many 20x15 lots to put them on.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Do you own the packs that gave us additional neighborhoods? If so, then your only other option if you don’t want to delete a lot you’ve already built is to start a new save unfortunately. It’s either that or wait around for the next GP/EP and hope it will contain a new neighborhood.

ETA: Oh forgot to mention you can also build a house, save it to the library/gallery, bulldoze the lot, and build a new one. So your original house will be saved but you can continue to build more.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wow, that's impressive! Even in my most robust save my sims only occupy 3 of the worlds we have available to us. You've filled up 206+ lots? That's... pretty dang incredible. That's a lot of work! If you don't own all the packs, there is an awesome sale going on within Origin that would let you pick up some worlds for a huge discount.

If you haven't built anything on it, yet, you could always use freebuild cheats to build on the lot in sylvan glade or on the landing pad in Sixam. I can't remember if it allows you to change the lot distinction, though, it has been a very long time since I have edited those lots.

In answer to your original question, though, there has been no word or hint of them adding new lots, and I don't expect them to.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    gueinagueina Posts: 281 Member
    I am wondering if EA will now allow us to add new lots to towns , simply because I have used every single lot already for residential houses and community lots and i certainly am NOT flattening any of those just to make a small house

this is literally my thoughts when I saw the trailer. besides the fact that there are no space-saving items shown ( and the murphy bed actually takes up *more* space), the new lot type is kinda useless, the lots in the game are usually much bigger than 100 tiles, so I thought that maybe they would let us place additional lots in all the empty spaces in the worlds. I doubt they would let us tho :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Then don’t? If you think they’re gonna give us another world just for tiny houses the answer is most likely no. The whole “tiny house residential” lot type is so pointless, we don’t have that many 20x15 lots to put them on.

There will be more info on this new lot type in the upcoming Livestream. We don't know how it will work yet.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited January 2020
    It sounds like you can build a tiny home on *any* size lot, but the Tiny House Residential lot type will restrict the number of grid squares you can use to build the actual home.

Pools, plants, trees, and other outdoor items don’t sound like they count towards the grid square limit.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2020
    It sounds like you can build a tiny home on *any* size lot, but the Tiny House Residential lot type will restrict the number of grid squares you can use to build the actual home.

Pools, plants, trees, and other outdoor items don’t sound like they count towards the grid square limit.

That's how I interpreted the information too. It is the size of the building, not the lot that counts.

Makes sense because even a 20x15 lot has 300 tiles available space. It has to be the building size that matters.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, I believe lot size won't matter, only the number of tiles will.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

That's how I interpreted the information too. It is the size of the building, not the lot that counts.

Makes sense because even a 20x15 lot has 300 tiles available space. It has to be the building size that matters.

When is the live stream?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

When is the live stream?

I would like to know the date of the livestream too.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I gave this challenge a shot. I didn't realize that paved landscaping can count, so hopefully that isn't an issue because the house I made was under the limit. I made a nature trail outside when I'd normally install a pool. I was just decorating the outdoors.

Anyway, I ripped down Nookstone in Oasis Springs and put in a Tiny Yoga Retreat since my lot was across from the spa. The sim that lives there will feel like a winner regardless. It'll be tricky if she ever has kids because it's really for one sim with the max of a couple. It was interesting to liven up Nookstone. Oasis Springs has kind of turned into Sedona in my game.

I'm one of those people who are running out of lots and about 200 sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    The Tiny lot type doesn't have anything to do with the actual size of the lot. It's about how many tiles you can build in it.

They even say in the description that building tiny houses we'll have a lot more space for gardening and other outdoor stuff.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

There will be more info on this new lot type in the upcoming Livestream. We don't know how it will work yet.

Even still, placing tiny lots on big lots makes no sense.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    They could make tiny lots in a new tiny world and make it more categorically correct. Like imagining having to live in shacks on the beach or under a bridge. I mean we might be able to do those things already without it but I would like to see what happens with this new pack. I usually always start out in an apartment since it has a small feel to it already.