Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    I'd love hats, socks and *gasp* SCARVES!
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My great-grandma made slippers for us, and loads of blankets (I've still got a couple of them). Toddler booties would be cute - my poor tots are always in bare feet when they get dressed for bed.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    TragicFlakesTragicFlakes Posts: 3 New Member
    I like the idea of unlocking costum assets in CAS via knitting, specially sweaters, socks and scarves (do we have scarves actually?).
    Something I'd find really neat is if it would be possible to knit custom cushions (I dont remember how to say it in english) to put on your bed and actually change it, but I dont even know if thats possible for a stuff pack but the idea remains I guess.
    We all tend to associate knitting with grandparents, giving stuff to their grandchildren so I think it could be cool if they knitted special things just for children and toddlers, like small teddy bears.
  • Options
    AnnKa8886661111AnnKa8886661111 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sweaters with simple patterns, socks, hats (would be nice with some shaped like animals for children, like elephant ears or someting) and rugs for the floor or the wall. Oh and/or maybe a onesie. :)

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/503dee27c4aac1d7ad0b2b88/1347292199554-COL2XS94TDMQK9WRRMN0/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNVhn2O211qO7-KUa1PVw81Zw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWEtT5uBSRWt4vQZAgTJucoTqqXjS3CfNDSuuf31e0tVHUT0Ggq8_JYeVI_VN4VaWfHIwi5MmvVnyS6zLamqC-DAC6tpkCX3XuQ_CaeXhBty4/Marius-Pacman-web.jpg
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    hats and gloves, maybe a decorative throw for the sofa, and definitely little stuffys the kids can snuggle
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2020
    Scarves, sweaters, mittens, beanies and socks!!
    It would also be really neat to see some Nordic-inspired patterns as an option.

I'm also hoping for there to be a way for modders to add their custom knittable products somehow. Surely someone will figure it out.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    VildraVildra Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to knit sweaters, hats, scarves and mittens that can be used in CAS. Possibly even socks and slippers. But mostly I’d like to knit blankets, bed spreads and quilts that can be placed on beds and couches. Had it been possible to crochet, curtains and table cloths would also be high on my list.
  • Options
    MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    Non-ugly things. Fashionable sweater (maybe if your skill is high enough), decorative pillows, bedding, those big thread blankets, maybe a seat cover
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    my mother and grandmother used to knit BLANKETS , SWEATERS , QUILTS but not just one kind of them, they also did clothing, toys, for kids or toddlers but there is knitting with the needles and then crochets with a hook. You also have tatting and looming, so it depends what you want done.
  • Options
    ShinyEmma1983ShinyEmma1983 Posts: 36 Member
    Knitted Voidcritters
    Knitted Gnomes

Also cats should be able to play with yarn balls.
    I am a proud console Simmer!
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    I really want to be able to knit usable blankets not just decorative ones. And sweaters. Knit sweaters and hats are a must in my opinion.
  • Options
    vieirarebecavieirarebeca Posts: 3 New Member
    My Grandma always knits gloves and winter hats with pompons on top for the kids! A great idea that would be SO FREAKING ADORABLE would be knitting holiday socks with the names of everyone in the family to put into the fireplace!!!!! PLEASE make it happen!!! I loved the idea of knitting mandalas and colorful stuff to put on the walls! also scarves, jumpers, slippers, socks (to actually wear it to sleep when its cold).... OMG, i miss my Grandma! haha
  • Options
    AnnaRoseTylerAnnaRoseTyler Posts: 1 New Member
    So my Hope's for this stuff pack are
    ¹ Clothes like Sweatshirts scarfs Mittens
    And Hats
    ² the clothes my sim made become
    available in CAS or they get a special
    place like a dresser where all the knitted
    clothes are like the inventory and then
    they can put them on.
    ³ Adult sims can knit clothes for all ages
    toddlers and up. (if you include babys I will
    be forever grateful😍)
    ⁴ And ofcourse it would be so amazing to
    knit Blankets and rugs
    ⁵ and Toys for Toddlers and Kids

Thank you for everything much love from Germany ❤
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    As someone who primarily knits socks and hats in real life, I would love to see this in game. It would also be wonderful to knit up new blankets for the beds... maybe it could increase a bed's comfort stats? Knits to change up the babies would be amazing. I love the idea of being able to knit for charity too.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    Hats (like beanies) and scarves!!! And cute sweaters (please in more painless colors for those who do not appreciate every item of clothing to feature all primary colors at once). And gloves.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    What would I like my Sims to knit?
    Blankets, obviously. My grandma taught me to knit when I was a kid and a blanket was the first thing I attempted. I would knit lots of little squares and then sew them all together. It would be neat if they were functional in some way but I guess hanging them on a wall would be fine.
    Sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves for use in CAS. Only unlocked for the household that knitted them though, unless you sell them via retail.
    Soft toys for toddlers and children. I'm thinking teddybears and rabbits. Perhaps have them function like teddies from TS2 and TS3 though instead of just being hand-held toys kids swish around with.
    I'd also like to second the suggestion of knitted hand puppets that I saw earlier in the thread. You'd only need one new animation and just swap out the knitted puppet mesh.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    PrincessJAMPrincessJAM Posts: 2 New Member
    i think it would be awesome if u could have blankets/quilts(not sure what the diffrence is) that multiple generations could add too so if u have a lot it could be massive but it could start out small. :)
  • Options
    PrincessJAMPrincessJAM Posts: 2 New Member
    it would be fun that along with nice things(whatever those things end up being) there are some that aren't made right or are really ugly and that (almost) everybody would hate so it can be like when old(or just unstyerlized or scheming old ladies who want to give people things they know will hate to see them squirm as they try to politely say thanks >:) ) people give ugly swatters or teddy to people.
  • Options
    darksidebitcadarksidebitca Posts: 1 New Member
    I definitely love the idea of not just people socks/mittens but pet booties as well.

And I'd love to see decorative quilts, not just as wall hangings but even potentially over the back of a sofa, similar to a current Cats & Dogs buy mode item, but to be added to any in game loveseat/sofa? My Nana Betty's crochet works were lovely but not always the comfiest to actually use, so I'd be more likely to give my place a homey touch with them than snuggle up with one :smile:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    i think it would be awesome if u could have blankets/quilts(not sure what the diffrence is)
    quilts are made of multiple pieces of fabric/knitted cubes or such by attaching these small pieces together to form a ''blanket''
    instead of the usual way to make blanket by just making one big piece
    example:
    quilt:
    12db49d06441ebe1b0104bddef71f0c2.jpg
    blanket:
    0.21_original.png
    in short quilt is a type of blanket

by description I think what you are asking for is quilt
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited January 2020
    These days I mostly knit socks for my husband, and since most people agree that socks are hard, you could make them an upper level item (I love self-striping yarn). Mittens are a little less complicated, but still fairly difficult, and mittens for toddlers and children would be great.
    Scarves are what most people start with, and certainly popular.
    What I want to see most, though, are hats or ear-warmers for teens+. Turbans aren't what I think of as winterwear, but right now they're the only thing that will cover my adult sims' ears when it's cold out.
    Cable-knit sweaters might also be an object for upper levels, assuming that knitting is a skill.

It's too bad children won't be knitting. I learned from my grandmother when I was 7, but didn't make a sweater until I was 15. And if knitting is a skill, I hope that expert knitters will be able to mentor it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    These days I mostly knit socks for my husband, and since most people agree that socks are hard, you could make them an upper level item

It's sort of funny because I've always considered mittens and socks the easiest things to knit
    scarfs and sweaters sound like nightmare because the work gets all wonky very easily
    and bigger the work is more room for errors

up to this day I only knit socks and mittens without ending up with issues in my knit
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    dmreinsdmreins Posts: 4 New Member
    Pet sweaters, slippers, hats, mittens, blankets, pillows, doilies, rugs, potholders, wall decorations, stuffed animals, hand or finger puppets.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Blankets
    Pillows
    Stuffed animals/voidcritters
    Rugs
    Curtains
    Socks
    Gloves
    Scarves
    (I know it's not gonna happen) Pet clothes
  • Options
    RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    Lopa Peysa (Icelandic style) jumpers
    Mittens
    Hats
    Socks
    Knitted stuffed animals/dolls/other toys
    Blankets
    Baby clothes, like booties, onesies, cardigans etc. (so they can finally wear something else than that tired old onesie).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top