Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think it’d be cool to knit things for decoration like animals (when sims enter the room they can have a happy moodlet for decorations knitted well and a sad one for things knitted poorly or they can base moodlets of what the knitting decoration is supposed to represent so an animal would make them happy and a tragic clown would make them sad) and we can also knit things our sims can actually use like clothes, one person suggested sock puppets (we can have moodlets for these too when sims use or wear them), and they could also knit pillows to put on their bed and with it it can make the bed’s comfort level raise or lower by a certain about of points depending on how well the pillow is knitted. They can even get moodlets- a happy moodlet for a pillow knitted well and an uncomfortable one if it was knitted poorly.

Please no more environment moodlets. They ruin the whole experience of emotions in TS4.

You can usually turn off and on emotional buffs that originate from furniture/objects.

If they can be turned off, I'd be okay with that. But emotional buffs that originate from clothing usually can't be turned off.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just chiming in again on this thread because I saw a few other people mentioning Fair Isle sweaters and different types of cardigans. As long as they don't repeat content that is already in the game, I want these as well. I'd like plaid scarves in different colors. Obviously, I want some solid colors too but I think the pack will do better if it has that Celtic element as a part of it. That would probably appeal to supernatural players and work well with ROM.

I'm not against modern styles at all. I just think the knitting pack will do better if it can appeal to a few different styles of players.

I'll probably turn Glimmerbrook into a full-on Celtic village with knitting if this pack lets me. I don't expect that to be all that it would do. Players should be able to do different things with the same pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Angelique94Angelique94 Posts: 1 New Member
    me I would like to have in this kit knitting clothes and especially blankets to put them on the sims especially for the winter also stuffed animals to have more playing at the level of children and toddlers.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm down on my knees
    I'm begging you please

3cPok9B.png

I need this kitten sweater and kitten face slippers.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I like the idea of being able to knit the imaginary friend that was mentioned on one of the earlier pages. I never played TS3, but looking at footage, it looks like something totally fun for kids. I think it would be even nicer if toddler were also able to pretend they were alive and play with them as living beings as well.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere in the thread, but having the knitted creations be something you can sell in a store not just use around the house would be a huge plus. :)
    Hopefully we can with Get to Work. That would be fun to do especially with knitted toys.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Giftable type stuff; Blankets, stuffed animals, scarves, home decor. And for the love of all that is good, trendier clothes than what you gave us in the example picture.
  • SaltflowerSaltflower Posts: 3 New Member
    There are items like jewelry, headbands, socks, purses, vests, and a whole lot more!
    Oh, and don't let me forget, doilies and tablecloths! Bathroom sets like rugs and toilet seat covers, tissue covers and curtains as well. I could go on and on.
    Oh, and we can also make toys!! So you can even put in a make baby Yoda toy action in the game.
  • kulpickleskulpickles Posts: 111 Member
    I'd like to see scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters, and blankets. Other things could be like dainty doilies. My grandmother used to make all these things. This would be great! :)
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Plz plz plz can we knit pet clothes? My in-game crazy cat lady with 7 cats needs sth to do! I know not everyone owns C&D, so I’d be utterly grateful if we could just unlock some knitting patterned recolors on existing mesh through gameplay!

Knitting pet toys would also be great yet for the same reason it’s ok if they don’t make it to the game...

I don’t know if it counts as knitting but when I was a kid I used to make bracelets with yarn. Could be a level 1-2 unlock tho.
  • legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    I'd like to see some new items unlocked through the knitting skill, but also some new patterns/colors for existing content could really stretch the budget and make this an awesome pack! I'd like to see unlockable swatches be added by skill level for realism. Low level unlocks new solid colors swatches, mid level unlocks new multicolored swatches, high level unlocks new complicated stitch or patterned swatches.

Original Content

Hats- Must sit correctly on the head (Sorry but the Seasons hat had a problem with this. You know the one). Slouchy knit hats are incredibly popular and fashionable, and depending on pattern can be non-gendered and cute for all ages. Make one swatch inspired by the Caribbean update- would be great for sims with dreads and braids.

Scarves- Great for the necklace category. Infinity scarves are very popular, non-gendered and would likely avoid clipping issues. Another fun pattern would be what's called a "scoodie" it's a hood/scarf hybrid and very unique. Both are great for all ages.

Gloves/mittens- I don't think we have any knit mittens in game so I think this would be a great addition. Fingerless gloves are incredibly popular and fashionable.

Shawls- this might be too complicated a mesh, but shawls are one of the most popular pattern types on Ravelry and would be a great clothing item for granny archetype sims. If it can't be an accessory, please consider adding at least one clothing item in the pack with a shawl attached to it!

Stereotypical Lumpy, Scratchy Sweater- base level skill unlock. Gives sim an uncomfortable moodlet and is a disappointing gift.

Lace-y Clothing- This is more a crochet style, but... We currently don't have many/any lace-y cardigans, vests, dusters, etc. Would especially love to see a lace-y swim bottoms cover-up! The fiber arts aren't just for winter!

Amigurumi- usually crocheted, but can be knit. Cute, usually small, stuffed toys. Popular patterns are animals, food, and pop-culture characters (think voidcritters!), but with adorable anime-like faces.

Throw Pillows/Blankets- a long shot but this feature would definitely sell the pack! Would not be a whole new mesh, but rather mesh-edited versions of some base game couches, loveseats, and armchairs so that it isn't as expensive and complicated to make? I'm not kidding. People would go nuts for something like this.

New Patterns/Colors for Existing Content:

The Beanie Hat
    The Newsboy-like cap (This could also benefit from a Caribbean-inspired swatch btw!)
    The Muslim-inclusive Update's Cap
    Socks
    The Base Game Basic Slippers
    The Base Game Bunny Slippers
    Sweaters
    Cardigans
    Bedspreads of Base Game Beds
    Stuffed Animals
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    @legolizeit

Lace can also be knitted. But I agree some crocheted items or even the crochet skill would be nice, since they are so closely related.
  • cupidsarrow94cupidsarrow94 Posts: 21 Member
    I would love to see my sims be creative outside the norm of things, as I do. I use many different materials when knitting (crocheting would be cool too :) ) Going forward, it matters not a lot of what they knit, but more towards whether or not the items made will be functional items that can be utilized by the sims or be made to sell in a store or have an E-Store lol. doilies, placemats, clothes, accessories, especially hair accessories.
  • AmeliographyAmeliography Posts: 4 New Member
    Wearable scarves, gloves and jumpers would be amazing! They could work with seasons and you could gift them, they keep you warmer etc.

I also love the idea of knitted decor like throws, cushions and blankets and things to hang on the wall.

The idea of low skill items looking really bad would be funny too.

Also finger knitting for the kids, I used to love seeing how long I could make the chains!

So looking forward to this pack!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    The biggest thing I want is a stuffed animals collection (like an actual collection), which you can get via knitting. With different levels of skill being different quality, like the Jungle Adventure finds being different quality. Also the objects being live drag enabled, so you can put them in inventories, give them as gifts. So your sim could knit a toy for their baby and the child can take it with them when they move out. That would be great! A full toy collection, including animals and void critters would be great.

Also general live drag enabled decorations - rugs, wall hangings, etc.. So you can decorate your home with what you have made, but also so you can knit presents for your friends/family. Plus you could knit a rug for your teen to take to university with them.

For CAS I want scarves, but they NEED to be a separate accessory so I am not sure how that would work. Same with gloves/hats, though they are already separate so that is easier. Though scarves is what I'd like the most, and it is the thing you often knit first when you're learning as they're the easiest to make, so would be a shame if they weren't included.

I definitely want levels of quality based on knitting skill, which I'd like to be a proper 10 level skill.

You should also have to buy yarn - even if it's just via the computer - to knit. (Then with a farming expansion later you could have the option to get yarn from sheep, would tie in perfectly. Hint hint.)
  • Emma02002Emma02002 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love if they would knit blankets, jumpers, gloves and bears or toys for kids that they could engage with!!!!!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited January 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere in the thread, but having the knitted creations be something you can sell in a store not just use around the house would be a huge plus. :)
    Hopefully we can with Get to Work. That would be fun to do especially with knitted toys.

that's a must for me, with selling in physical stores.

someone mentioned it somewhere and i like the idea of selling it on a sims "etsy" (simsy? simbay? simazon? maybe? lol) but i'd rather the money and time go to programming other things since we can sell things already in game. maybe we can get an online store overhaul in some other pack instead of just selling objects to "air".
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Oh, I had a thought.

1) I realize this might be too much to actually do within a stuff pack
    2) I also realize that this is more applicable to Cross Stitch than knitting

It would be really cool if we could take the same basic idea as the "paint from reference" and knit a picture on a tapestry/blanket/sweater (okay, that last is really pushing what's possible, I'm sure.) I mean, you take the picture, the program applies a pixelization filter and a knit texture and then your sim "knits" a blanket with that image on it that you can then lay over a bed or something. Maybe with a Vignette filter too...

Ah, that's probably asking too much, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    I voted Happy Haunts and Granny, which had so much potential. :( DIY has no interest for me as to what I saw in the picture. The two blue yarn holders near the lamp and the hanging above it to hold thread ect, the rolling cart, and the desk were the stand outs, but the cart is the only one that excited me. I liked the floor yarn rack in cozy.

As far as what I might like in the given choice:

1. White knitted wedding dress <3 I saw something like this once and never forgot it.
    2. bibs and booties for toddlers and maybe eventually infants if they are ever freed Toddler outfits/dresses <3
    3. quilts and a quilt holder <3Blankets for beds and to keep warm on couch
    4. doilies <3
    5. plant holders <3
    6. the round rug with balls on the ends of the fringe like in the Granny picture
    7. round hoop decor on the walls
    8. Yarn balls for kitty play or for chewing by toddlers and dogs
    9. Since we have stand up picture frames, a knitted one <3
    10. shawls lacy look <3

I suppose different types of hats/scarves we don't have. Sweaters with a whole huge selection of center decals. potholders
    Sewn pillows, stuffed toys, and leg warmers above in someone else's and that would be neat.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Girlysims22Girlysims22 Posts: 88 Member
    Knitted wall hangings :)

il_1588xN.1893315267_a62f.jpg

Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg
  • tinkerswelltinkerswell Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to be able to knit blankets, pillows, sweaters. Agreeing with a comment above, a "cozy" or "snuggled" moodlet would be nice! My own grandma knitted me a scarf. Scarves and mittens would be a nice addition, especially with Seasons. I know people sometimes knit baby bonnets or baby boots for newborns, so maybe something related to babies? Or at least a knitted item for toddlers?
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    These are all great ideas. Thank you so much for sharing them!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Canadian Native Sweater Jackets & Coats.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top