Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I just want to request to please not attach happy moodlets to accessories. I don't want my gloomies or hotheads walking around grinning because they're wearing knitted arm warmers. Please think of how this would effect traits in the game. Thanks! :)

Also... someone mentioned a knitted voodoo doll. Yes!!!

...And cats playing with yarn! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just had to suggest these. Baby and toddler onesies like this would be so adorable to be able to make and have for the little ones to wear.
    61882f34ba12b5d6ca1237b9328d7a59.jpgroyal-knit-onesie-e1490913020131.jpg
    owl_in_one_knitted_baby_onesie_1_-e1506868284617.jpg
    garter-stitch-onesie.jpg

Edited to add
    DIY Delight was of course the winner for the art style, and I'm totally fine with that. However, one of the things I really adored about the Granny Chic style, what that, to me, it felt like that room was created by the sim who lived there. There were so many objects and trinkets that made the place feel like the sim who lived there hand created a lot of that stuff herself. I think it would be nice to incorporate some of that feeling into the DIY style if possible. If not, I totally understand.

But things like the chair with yarn around the legs or the yarn covered coat stand would be really made that room feel unique, and I think it would still be cool to do something like that. Not those objects specifically, but I think it would be cool for sims to personalize objects around their home. Example: kids could be able decorate their bed posts with colorful yarn patterns and add self knitted pillows. I think these are thing that could give off that feeling of crafting your own living space and still be incorporated into the DIY style. DIY does stand for 'do it yourself' after all.

I think something like this could still work with DIY.
    xfoWzsb.jpg
    Post edited by ListentoToppDogg on
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I don't know about knitting, but maybe I can suggest the gameplay:

1. I think it would be neat if we could sell the knitting and the yarn by ourselves.
    2. Knitting should be club activity and sims should be able to talk when knitting
    3. AFAIK we don't have a way to give other sims CAS objects. We should have one so we can give CAS-related knitting objects as a gift. And the knitting clothes should be CAS unlockable, too. Oh, and the knitting clothes also should be able to be given to another sims by the gift recipients. It will make good legacy plot point, like a sweater from the ancestors.
    4. Knitting objects swatches that we unlock should depend on what color of yarns that we use.
    5. The knitting objects should have quality grades. Poor quality knitting objects also should influence emotions, too. BTW, please don't use uncomfortable too much. They can get embarrassed, or dazed, perhaps? (Yeah, intoxicated by knitting)
    6. Unlockable trait from unlocking all of knitting objects! Call it Master of Knitting, it make sims have ability to do grand knitting projects that results in knitting objects with magical quality. (Instant friendship and/or love level is what I think, but I expect you to make it crazier)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Presumably there will be a knitting skill?

So, it would be nice to have different levels of knitting as you increase the skill -

-starting with scarves, blankets, misshapen holey items
    -coasters, cushion covers, mats, better scarves and nicer blankets (maybe as throw-overs for beds/sofas/armchairs)
    -toddler sweaters, maybe misshapen toys, mittens, hats, shawls, hot water bottle covers (put that in your bed before sleep to get a warm cozy moodlet)
    -gloves, patterned sweaters, waistcoats, kid sweaters, teddy bears
    -teen and up sweaters, cardigans, more complex hats, baby clothes (pleeeease)
    -socks, a variety of toys (such as bunnies, dolls, more complex bears), complex patterned/picture sweaters and cardies for all ages, matching patterned sets of hats, scarves and mittens for all ages

For knitted clothing and accessories, please include ALL age groups!
  • Options
    KatVonDontKatVonDont Posts: 1 New Member
    Shawls! There could be the classic chunkier ones for everyday use, and maybe some more delicate lace ones, like wedding shawls! And if there was a way to knit baskets or other usable furniture-type items that your sims could place their projects in, that'd be awesome!

I love making things for my pets in real life. I really hope that we might see pet sweaters and booties as projects our sims can make! (And seeing a new walk style for animals with things on their feet would be hilarious, if it made it into the pack!)

Also, something like a folding knitting basket object would be so cool to have! It could even act as the "starter pack" that your sims could buy to begin to learn the hobby! Have it pre-stocked with some basic needles and yarn and you're good to go! Just imagine your sim sitting in a cozy chair with their little work basket next to them!

And I don't know if this is necessarily something that could be implemented, but it might be cool if spellcasters were able to enchant or curse projects, especially before gifting them to other sims. Make your enemy a sweater that is always just a [i]little[/i] bit itchy! Or maybe make a homesick uni student a cozy sweater that eases their fears for a while and reminds them of home.
  • Options
    CGamerPlaysCGamerPlays Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'd love to see knitted clothing, mainly tops, socks and accessory hats, scarves and gloves for ALL SIM AGES. We should totally pay homage to your grandmother and add on the knitted slippers, both basic style and animal inspired cats and dog slippers etc. I'd also like to see knitted playable toys for toddlers and kids, like a few others have mentioned. I'd also love to see it go more personal and be able to add a description or name to the knitted toys to remember who it's by. It'd be nice to also see when those toddlers and kids grow into adults themselves, they can look back at those toys or "view them" and get a buff remembering the loved one that made them that item. :*

The idea of knitting pillows for our living chairs and throws would also be a nice touch. I like the idea of functional blankets, too. :)
  • Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2020
    For some reason it commented my thing three times which was either my mistake or my bad WiFi at the time, so sorry EA or worker who has to read this.
    Post edited by tulipssimmer on
  • Options
    Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    I agree so much with what everyone else is saying regarding clothing, toys (including Voidcritters but especially some bears, squirrels, hedgehogs, and llamas), and blankets/pillows/etc. I also love the ideas behind gifting and the different buffs and levels of knitting.

Since DIY won, I just want stress how much I want to have some hanging plants with a knitted whatever to hang them from! I saw that feature in the Grandma and Workshop images and I prefer that to those weird, decorative ceiling balls from DIY. It's the only thing I didn't really like from that image. I don't know if anyone else mentioned this since I don't have time to read all 14 pages... XD
  • Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2020
    I know a lot of these ideas are hard to do but it would be really cool to knit little baby boots for toddlers and make it so you can prop them on shelf when the kids grow out of them. It also would be cool if you could knit onesies for babies/toddlers. Or knit sweaters for the whole family so you could take family picture in them. Basically things a grandmother would knit for her first grand-baby, baby/toddler boots, hats, and onesies. Possibly make little Grim Reaper onesie as a tribute to Happy Haunts. If you still have low knitting skill, and someone wears your clothes they get a itchy sweater moodlet or uncomfortable sweater moodlet. Or when it’s well made sweater you get moodlet like “Hand-craft” or “Made with love”. If its possible, could children be able to knit. Like grandmothers can teach kids how to knit.
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    I would like to be able to knit mostly clothes, but also home deco (blankets, pillowcases, etc.) Or kids toys. I like to be able to have an event called a Knitathon, as in Gilmore Girls. Or yarn festivals. I would like the skill to be available for children and up. I would like to see a difference in available patters based on how far developed the skill is. A beginner woudn't knit a lace scarf or cables. just a plain scarf. That would be a good beginner project.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I hope we get the cat sweater (jumper!) the guy is wearing in the image from the vote.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    miranduhmercurymiranduhmercury Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be really cool to knit things like blankets and comforters and unlock new swatches for bedding! Also things like sweaters, scarves, hats, and maybe some clutter items like potholders.
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    With the get to work pack, having a yarn store. Or sell hand dyed yarn online.
  • Options
    Katwalk17Katwalk17 Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love to see knitted voidcritters or freezer bunnies that toddlers and children can play with and tuck under their arms and sleep with (as another way to ward away monster under the bed). I always slept with a blanket made by my grandmother so I would love to see blankets that can be hung as art pieces or put on most in-game beds to provide +1 happy moodlet to any sim relaxing or sleeping or woo-hooing in that bed. :D Knit pillows would be a great decor item if we can place it on almost any in-game couch. Of course custom sweaters and hats would be neat too!
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    How about some sheep .. :) Yarn is made from their fur .. ;)

If a blanket could be knitted and placed at the foot of the bed....

I have to think more on this.. But I am sure since this is page 14 many others have voiced what I could think of..

Thank you for asking us here..

Diane Pinkus
  • Options
    ossi_simsossi_sims Posts: 11 New Member
    Items and cas things that you knit would go to yours sims inventory ,there you equip them or 'place them in the world (folded)' and you could sell them in retail lots if you have get to work or sell them in your sim's inventory.
    also would be nice that you had to purchase a knitting kit from catalog or from a computer and them put them in our sims inventory.there would be two types of this kit.you unlock the other one when you reach high enough knitting skill at with this better knitting kit you could knit faster .,or just do so that when sim knitting skill levels up the sim would be little bit faster at knitting :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just thought of some other ideas of a few of the things I've made before. Not everything I did, especially hammocks.

Cell phone covers:
    Crochet-Cell-Phone-Case-with-Secret-Pocket.jpg

Headbands:
    DSC03639.JPG
    https://www.zizway.com/products/grey-wool-braided-knit-headband

Swimwear:
    il_570xN.588170139_nep1.jpg
    1930sshorts2_medium.jpg
    81S-eOLJ7WL._SY500_.jpg
    il_570xN.986438403_aw9d.jpg

Baby outfits:
    Handmade-knit-Crochet-Newborn-Baby-Costume-Photography.jpg_350x350.jpg
    71L5A7pHyfL._SX355_.jpg

Hammocks:
    Macrame-Hanging-Chair-DIY--550x548.jpg
    p208349_2_400.jpg

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I'd like it if we had sweaters, beanies, mittens, etc. that unlocked in CAS once the sim "created" them by knitting.

I think it would also be awesome if sims could create knitted toys like little teddy bears and dolls.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    CL0CkW0rK4CL0CkW0rK4 Posts: 3 New Member
    pillows,pot holders, rugs, sweaters,scarves, socks, mittens, hats, toddler HEADBANDS/Bows(clothing in general), purses/bags??
    pet clothing, leashes and collars,*yarn for cats/dogs to play with)
    wall art, quilts/ blankets, table coverings (runners, doilies, tablecloths), baskets/storage containers, stockings(Holiday), curtains?
    maybe a fun twist...YARN BOMBING! Being able to yarn bomb trees,bushes, benches, fences, etc.
    Maybe even creatures/animals for children to play with(sheep, teddy bears, elephants, dolls...anything).
    Also being able to sell the crafts same as paintings,woodworking etc.
    Maybe even free lancer knitter!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How about some sheep .. :) Yarn is made from their fur .. ;)

If a blanket could be knitted and placed at the foot of the bed....

I have to think more on this.. But I am sure since this is page 14 many others have voiced what I could think of..

Thank you for asking us here..

Diane Pinkus
    I saw some of those plushies of the sheep and thought it was cute too.
    109983_2F2015-07-30-144625-DSCF2047.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'd like to be able to knit Happy Haunts into existence

This is the winning answer for me.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    More suggestions.
    Knitted cat bed.
    c37741137902aaaad7ac25c42d449fae.jpg
    Baby bear hats.
    19c3442d951f7f5b678911989d181a39.jpg
    Colorful baby hats. The pastel one fits well with DIY delight.
    6a5bcc5bc1de374806a7c475bf62f03e.jpg
    bc61a744a09fb042e042f6fb65c3c4c9.jpg

Colorful toy animals, could be made by children.
    ff1ff99be112907b11f51aa660263e79.jpg
    b6222eb4ba1d79c41bfb1ffbaa742df3.jpg
  • Options
    YoungRadianceYoungRadiance Posts: 2 New Member
    Kids toys, pet toys, pet ... (CAS) sweaters, socks, gloves, beanies, head dress scarf, scarf swatches (as a necklace mechanic)...
    Lvl 1. Socks, gloves, and scarfs
    Lvl 2. Small kids toys and small pet toys
    Lvl 3. Sweaters, pet wearables, and headdress scarfs
    Lvl 4. Large Kids toys (like Blarfy), can "teach knitting"
    Lvl 5. Allowed to sell knitted items and donate knitted items to charity of choice (Clothes for Orphans, Kittens in Mittens, Warmth to Elders, etc)

It could probably progress at the same rate as doing a school project or longer like writing a book.

just a thought...Id love to see an ugly sweater tradition in the holiday seasons "things to do on that holiday" thing.
    -There would be a "change into ugly sweater" option/button
    -there could be an auto generated ugly sweater
  • Options
    YoungRadianceYoungRadiance Posts: 2 New Member
    "Sooth with security blanket" interaction for Babies having a security blanket in the caretakers inventory.

Voodoo doll (simlish spin implied) for mischevious sims

"Made with Love" Moodlet wearing a CAS knitted item

Sentimental trait, these Sims have positive moodlets toward knitting, writing dedicated songs/poems/books, gift giving, and donating knitted/created items to charity
  • Options
    Aurora1004Aurora1004 Posts: 78 Member
    Gloves, hats, scarf, cold weather items, quilts that actually go on bedding or add to the sofa/chair. rugs
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top