Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hey party people,

We’re really excited that Knitting was the winning theme that was voted on by the community! Now it’s time to start thinking about what you actually want to knit! What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create? What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

For example, as a kid I fondly remember how my Great Auntie would always knit me & my siblings holiday slippers. Each and every year we would get a new pair. Mine were always blue. Even though she passed away many years ago, this is something that I will associate to her forever and in fact I still have the very last pair of slippers she ever made for me.

So please let us know what is important about knitting to YOU and the kinds of clothing and/or objects you’d want to create with it! This collaborative exercise will greatly help to determine some of the possible options to include in the upcoming asset votes.

Thank you so much for your time and interest and let’s collectively make this the best stuff pack yet!

-SimGuruNinja
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• MentorSomaMentorSoma Posts: 2 New Member
    - The stereotypical Christmas Sweater
    - Slippers and Mittens
    - Bedding such as comforters and pillows

I have other ideas, but they would fall more under sewing because it would mostly require a sewing machine lol granted this is The Sims so...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn’t vote for knitting. I don’t know anyone in my real life who actually knits. I’ve never seen someone knit before other than on tv. This is all new to me.
  • starrxstarrx Posts: 5 New Member
    BLANKETS , SWEATERS , QUILTS . & to give them as presents to people would be so nice .
  • ladyterukiladyteruki Posts: 24 Member
    My grandmother used to make us scarves (which happen to be something I find missing in the Sims in general), mittens, and hats such as these : these and once or twice, even these.
    Probably less likely to happen, but my grandmother (and my mother) used to knit clothes for our dolls. They had about three different patterns that they'd do with different colors and motifs. It was really cute but I don't see that happening in TS4.
    Lastly something I really hoped for with this pack is :
    - knit bears and various knit plushies ; decorative if big, playable if not (it'd be adorable if a toddler could just walk around while holding it)
    - knit furniture, which doesn't really make sense but I think would be hilarious... it's not supposed to be solid enough, but in Sims physics, you can sit on a knit chair or a knit table...
  • jollydiana626jollydiana626 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to knit blankets and bed spreads that could then be unlocked in build/buy mode! I would also love to see clothing like scarves, hats and sweaters that could then be unlocked in cas. Maybe the higher in skill you have, the more colors and patterns that could be unlocked.
  • SimmerNikkiSimmerNikki Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to knit jumpers or cardigans. My nan knits me one every year and loves knitting blankets and she used to knit socks too which were soo cute especially for babies. I would really love these in the game
  • vanneck1420vanneck1420 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!!! I would love if we could knit scarves and maybe stuffed animal toys for kids!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yay! This is exactly the kind of thread we need. Firstly, I would love it if we could knit items for all life stages, including toddlers and children. I know people want knitted items for babies but that's a whole other issue that I won't go into.

Here are some CAS items I'd love to be able to knit, ideally with a couple of different styles of each per life stage & gender. It would be even better if the items were locked unless sims are skilled enough at knitting. For example, a sim would start off with a scarf, then progress to perhaps a hat and so forth as their skill levels increase.

-Scarves (ideally as separate accessories)
    -Gloves & mittens
    -Hats
    -Jumpers (sweaters for those of you outside the UK)

I would also very much like to have the option to knit blankets that sims can put on their beds as a decor item and as an extra cozy buff for the winter. They could also use it for napping on the sofa.

Of course, I am probably overreaching myself but, given the theme of the pack, I would much rather focus on the items our sims can create rather than furniture and so forth.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    Blankets, sweaters, stuffed animals, beanies, pot holders, socks! Baby booties and little hats. Grandma could knit doll clothes or lil teddy bears and stuffed animals. Kids could learn to knit.
    "Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Knitter of decades with a knitting Gen Z child checking in :)

Things we would both knit:

toques (aka winter hats for non-Canadians)
    winter scarves, including infinity scarves
    fingerless gloves and wrist warmers and legwarmers for indoor warmth
    blankets (the knitting child has done several)
    Aran and Fair Isle sweaters, plus sweaters with images on them
    baby booties
    socks, of course -- lots of socks! including trad Argyle socks
    tea cozies (well, not IRL, yet, but we've talked about them as projects?)

My first ever knitting project was a vest. I managed to make it narrower on one shoulder than another.

My most ambitious project ever was a Kaffe Fassett sweater, one of those ones with a really complicated irregular colour pattern (but, thankfully, as little shaping as an Aran sweater!). My kid's most ambitious project so far has been a very fine cobweb lace shawl.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CathieCMRCathieCMR Posts: 3 New Member
    I echo pretty much what others have said. Winter gear (hats, gloves, scarves, mittens, sweaters), blankets...but also there are some super cute knitted stuffed toys out there. Also shabby chic curtains. Pet sweaters! Leg warmers. Winterfest stockings?
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Definitely jumpers (sweaters), scarves, hats, gloves. Anything for the colder weather, really. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top