Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i dont understand..

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    If there was something intereting about babies maybe people wouldnt be so prone to skip them. I just played with sims 3 with a baby and it was so boring. Just feed and tickle them. In Ts3 They cant develop skills, they don't have wishes, they cant chose their own interactions...its like theyre nothing. Why bother. Hurry and skip to when theyre a toddler and do something.

But idk what to add to a baby lifestyle to make it interesting...
    I agree. A baby in my Sims 3 game never lasts longer than 2 days, then I age them up. When I played Sims 2, the mere fact parents could hand them over to each other and that I could bathe them in the sink - though that animation was way too short imo - made such a difference somehow. You can take them for a stroll in Sims 3 but it looks kind of strange (the burrito thing hanging in a stroller that isn’t for babies). I reserve the stroller for toddlers. It would have been so much better if they’d created a pram for the babies.

What could make babies more interesting is indeed skilling, the way they do in Freeplay. Starting off like Sims 2 babies (with, indeed, clothes), having all kind of options to interact with them (like carrying them in a baby carrier, or putting them in a playpen or on a mat like the one that came with the toy machine in the Store), encouring them to turn over, things like that. First smile should be a big deal because it is! Next level: them crawling around and start saying their first word. It wouldn’t have to be complex, just adding some ‘challenge’, make it enjoyable to interact with them.

The toddler stage as a result wouldn’t have to involve the crawling stage. They could focus on other things, like they have in Sims 4.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    so people here think its offensive for me to say its inhumane to leave a baby in a crib 24/7 and its offensive... are you serious? you must not be a parent. this game has done good work in sims 3 and ive never had an issue i noticed issues if you werent watching the kid or if you canceled or interrupted an action while holding the baby. ive never had an issue since. its the same with placing them in the snow ive never had that issue once. i didnt use mods. and i never had any problems. i find it more offensive that people think babies are supposed to only live in a crib. i dont care if its a game they have done it in the past and instead of rushing the game go back and fix the initial problems instead of worrying about arts and crafts. the game is a life simulator, that should be the main focus. life states should be corrected before we worry about other dumb things just for a quick money grab. rather you play with other life stages or not, its a life simulator and its wrong to leave babies in cribs 24/7 they have done fine in the past so i know they can do it but they choose not to. they care more about pandering to the new fads than actually make the game awesome for all players. parents didnt get much to do for their children and i think they deserve a chance to play the way they are hoping to. if they can make dogs more interactive why not my children in the game. and yet no one finds this disturbing?

They’re pixels, not actual people. Calm down.

Say it louder for the people in the back who scrapped dog houses in The Sims because they were "cruel".

I don’t care two figs about dog houses. Also, I cannot remember the last time I actually saw one in a yard, aaaaand, I’m pretty sure it was a flippant off handed remark that was blown wholly out of proportion. Most dogs I know live in the regular house with their humans 99% of the time. Let’s not start that pile of nonsense again, please.

That's cool, but quoting you, it's just pixels; it's a game. Is it bad if they implement it anyway? Or implement newspapers even though they're a dying form of media consumption? How about functional registers instead of a tablet?

The idea that The Sims has to conform entirely to modern standards is really killing the fun and spirit of the game. At this rate, they may as well just have our Sims go to work and then design the entirety of our gameplay within our Sims' smartphones. Each of those objects/features I've mentioned served numerous purposes, especially offering loads of interactions in our game. Not to mention there are players who like to play their games with a variety of eras in their game. However, The Sims 4 is the anti-thesis to player creativity, as if you try to build a medieval castle, you're going to have to stock up on a ton of curtain to hide the irremovable, permanent city in the background. And ignore the constant ringing of your Sim's permanent smartphone from a Sim asking your princess Sim if she wants pancakes from the diner down the block.

I'm glad somebody brought up dog houses because every time some tried to shoot down the OP's argument with 'they're just pixels' I thought about how those who wanted dog houses were talked to. There were other simmers who kept bringing up animal cruelty, how inhumane it is, I think one of the devs even told us it's not the 1940's or something.

Well the cruelty/inhumane thing, even though it's a group of pixels, can go both ways here which is why I agree in part with the OP. It's only fair to me. More importantly, it's clearly one of the lifestages they did the bare minimum for and each lifestage should feel fulfilling.

But this post of yours I quoted, especially the part I put in bold, brings it home for me because our life experiences are all not the same and neither is how we play, nor necessarily do our lives always influence how we play. Besides personalities and emotions that's what kills the fun for me. Let each individual player decide what's tolerable and what's not in their game. Don't force an era or certain beliefs and lifestyles on us. Let us decide that for our sims. That's the aspect of the sandbox I miss.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    so people here think its offensive for me to say its inhumane to leave a baby in a crib 24/7 and its offensive... are you serious? you must not be a parent. this game has done good work in sims 3 and ive never had an issue i noticed issues if you werent watching the kid or if you canceled or interrupted an action while holding the baby. ive never had an issue since. its the same with placing them in the snow ive never had that issue once. i didnt use mods. and i never had any problems. i find it more offensive that people think babies are supposed to only live in a crib. i dont care if its a game they have done it in the past and instead of rushing the game go back and fix the initial problems instead of worrying about arts and crafts. the game is a life simulator, that should be the main focus. life states should be corrected before we worry about other dumb things just for a quick money grab. rather you play with other life stages or not, its a life simulator and its wrong to leave babies in cribs 24/7 they have done fine in the past so i know they can do it but they choose not to. they care more about pandering to the new fads than actually make the game awesome for all players. parents didnt get much to do for their children and i think they deserve a chance to play the way they are hoping to. if they can make dogs more interactive why not my children in the game. and yet no one finds this disturbing?

They’re pixels, not actual people. Calm down.

Say it louder for the people in the back who scrapped dog houses in The Sims because they were "cruel".

I don’t care two figs about dog houses. Also, I cannot remember the last time I actually saw one in a yard, aaaaand, I’m pretty sure it was a flippant off handed remark that was blown wholly out of proportion. Most dogs I know live in the regular house with their humans 99% of the time. Let’s not start that pile of nonsense again, please.

That's cool, but quoting you, it's just pixels; it's a game. Is it bad if they implement it anyway? Or implement newspapers even though they're a dying form of media consumption? How about functional registers instead of a tablet?

The idea that The Sims has to conform entirely to modern standards is really killing the fun and spirit of the game. At this rate, they may as well just have our Sims go to work and then design the entirety of our gameplay within our Sims' smartphones. Each of those objects/features I've mentioned served numerous purposes, especially offering loads of interactions in our game. Not to mention there are players who like to play their games with a variety of eras in their game. However, The Sims 4 is the anti-thesis to player creativity, as if you try to build a medieval castle, you're going to have to stock up on a ton of curtain to hide the irremovable, permanent city in the background. And ignore the constant ringing of your Sim's permanent smartphone from a Sim asking your princess Sim if she wants pancakes from the diner down the block.

I'm glad somebody brought up dog houses because every time some tried to shoot down the OP's argument with 'they're just pixels' I thought about how those who wanted dog houses were talked to. There were other simmers who kept bringing up animal cruelty, how inhumane it is, I think one of the devs even told us it's not the 1940's or something.

Well the cruelty/inhumane thing, even though it's a group of pixels, can go both ways here which is why I agree in part with the OP. It's only fair to me. More importantly, it's clearly one of the lifestages they did the bare minimum for and each lifestage should feel fulfilling.

But this post of yours I quoted, especially the part I put in bold, brings it home for me because our life experiences are all not the same and neither is how we play, nor necessarily do our lives always influence how we play. Besides personalities and emotions that's what kills the fun for me. Let each individual player decide what's tolerable and what's not in their game. Don't force an era or certain beliefs and lifestyles on us. Let us decide that for our sims. That's the aspect of the sandbox I miss.
    tenor.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    I just want to add my thoughts over people who don't mind about the babies being in bassinets and how they just like to age them up anyway. It's brilliant that you have a playstyle that works for you, if you aren't interested in that lifestage more power to you. But if you don't mind about the babies being objects, it shouldn't bother you if they were treated similarly to the babies in TS3/TS2. You will still be able to leave them in the crib and age them up, if you don't want to look after their needs you could use a cheat to make sure they're well and happy. It just means that us players who want to be able to take the baby out of the crib, hold them, place them on the floor in another room free from restriction -- can be happy too. We'd both be satisfied.

(Nobody's probably got an issue with this and are just stating their opinions, but hey... still shedding light on this anyway).

Thank you! This cannot be stated enough. The more options that there are, the larger the portion of the fan base that is represented and happy about the game.

For example, I'm not an occult player. I have no idea how ghosts add functionality or gameplay to a Murphy bed for a player like me. Most of it is going to go ignored. I would have preferred to see more romantic interactions on a bed, cuddling, making out or just relaxing and watching television together. Yet, I never once would say that the occult players shouldn't have the ghost play and powers. I would say that there should be something for both!

I'm not sure why TS4 has introduced an either/or mentality into the community. That's what leads to ill will and bad feelings.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a player of the sims4 i am also not into supernaturals like ghost or vampire on occasion i do play an alien family but witches not much same for mermaids, each players are in title to content they went in the game but i will say that when it comes to content it must be equal on both sides, so if a future patch add cars (*Example)next patch should be fair and give **second example: geniesthat way it would be fair to players that plays and create supernatural sims. So the part i do not understand is why can't they add equal amount of content that would make sims players happy it would also stop all the argument just imagine if sims baby where not like in the sims 1 the family is enjoying a family meal outside by the pool the baby is napping in a stroller beside the mom who watching the kids swiming in the pool while the father or older sibling (teen) if the mom is single or the sims father or sim mom divorce because the father of her kids cheated on her is grilling some burgers on the bbq for the family meal that they eat outside since its a nice summer day another example i am using here the mom check on the sleeping baby to see if its hungry or requires a diaper change ect list is long but my point is why is it impossible to have equal amount of content when it comes to the game is it lack of time or time limit to develop said content i do not know.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Even though I would not be interested in increasing baby care, I think EA is missing out on a huge market with this. If they made it some sort of trait or development benefit and though in a hard working nanny, I would buy it.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Personally I think that now that the most asked for packs are released and you need 64 bit, we'll be getting freed babies in 2020.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I'm actually really interested in what people are wanting from the babies because I honestly don't understand the backlash fully. In Sims 2 and Sims 3, the babies could be moved around but - what difference did it really make? I mean, how much can babies do? In Sims 2, after the parent fed them they were liable to put them on the floor then wander off to do something else. The nanny's did the same. In Sims 3, after bathing them they put them on the floor. If a baby was born in an inactive household, baby went on the floor. So when the babies were free, unless you shoved the sim to put them in cots, they lived on the floor.

So the babies in bassinets doesn't bother me and I'm a BIG family player but it's because of that that I've struggled to understand the backlash and would really appreciate it if somebody could explain to me what, exactly, they want from babies. In all honesty, I just don't understand the fuss about them.

Mind you, I can't for the life of me think why anybody would want the dog houses back. I actually agreed with the Simguru (Grant, was it?) when he gave the explanation. I've always wondered what the point was to them (never used them myself).

So like I said, any help in understanding what the fuss is all about would be greatly appreciated <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I'm actually really interested in what people are wanting from the babies because I honestly don't understand the backlash fully. In Sims 2 and Sims 3, the babies could be moved around but - what difference did it really make? I mean, how much can babies do? In Sims 2, after the parent fed them they were liable to put them on the floor then wander off to do something else. The nanny's did the same. In Sims 3, after bathing them they put them on the floor. If a baby was born in an inactive household, baby went on the floor. So when the babies were free, unless you shoved the sim to put them in cots, they lived on the floor.

So the babies in bassinets doesn't bother me and I'm a BIG family player but it's because of that that I've struggled to understand the backlash and would really appreciate it if somebody could explain to me what, exactly, they want from babies. In all honesty, I just don't understand the fuss about them.

Mind you, I can't for the life of me think why anybody would want the dog houses back. I actually agreed with the Simguru (Grant, was it?) when he gave the explanation. I've always wondered what the point was to them (never used them myself).

So like I said, any help in understanding what the fuss is all about would be greatly appreciated <3

For me, what I want to see with babies is:
    1) Travel with them. I want to take them on vacation with the rest of the family.
    2) Cute outfits, baby hair styles. Let me edit in Cas.
    3) Cribs, Playmats, etc.
    4) Baby Skills: Learn to Roll, Learn to Sit, Learn to Crawl, Eat Solids, Stand
    5) Babies playing with rattles and other toys
    6) Take baby for walk in a stroller.
    7) Baby Wearing for sims doing other things around the house etc.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    MissyHissy wrote: »

I'd like to at the very least pick them up and be able to change their bassinet, but like you, I don't see a real fuss and I'm not too bothered if they are "freed" or not.

Seeing as this is the 4th installment of the same game though, you'd think they'd be at least as good as babies past yet they're the worst ones yet to be fair. The 4th installment you'd actually expect improvements, not steps back. Improvements like have already been suggested throughout this thread. It's kind of crazy that we are in TS4 and the TS1 babies are near the same as what we have now. Same style of bassinets and the clothes are even the same colour! *hmmm* Instead, (as many things with this iteration of the game) of taking a step forward, we've taken a step back. 3 steps back in this case it would seem.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    I’m not really interested in what inactive sims do with their babies, I care about my active families. I’m convinced sims will pick up their baby as soon as your sim visits a house but I never tested that (nor will I because honestly, I don’t care). That being said, I wonder if a lot of people here would, like me, mind less if sims could interact with babies, only to put them down when you tell them they’re done. Not between every interaction. Speaking for myself: that’s what makes it so unnatural and weird. Free the baby is the theme here, but fixing that would be a step into the right direction. The fact babies in Sims 3 were pretty meh as well, just in a different way, doesn’t make the Sims 4 situation any better. Like it never does.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m not really interested in what inactive sims do with their babies, I care about my active families. I’m convinced sims will pick up their baby as soon as your sim visits a house but I never tested that (nor will I because honestly, I don’t care). That being said, I wonder if a lot of people here would, like me, mind less if sims could interact with babies, only to put them down when you tell them they’re done. Not between every interaction. Speaking for myself: that’s what makes it so unnatural and weird. Free the baby is the theme here, but fixing that would be a step into the right direction. The fact babies in Sims 3 were pretty meh as well, just in a different way, doesn’t make the Sims 4 situation any better. Like it never does.

I agree with you on this, them having to put the baby down and then pick it back up for every new interaction bothers me more than them being tied to the crib. I still want them freed though.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    munroele wrote: »
    Don't like babies one iota in real life, personally couldn't care less that they're "attached" to their beds. Better have them attached than have Sims leaving babies on the floor like they did in TS2 and 3.
    Thing is too much crib time in real life can cause a number of issues too including death. Begs to question is the Sims 4 a life simulation game or not? According to the Gurus original direction of the game it isn't, but to Simmers that is another matter.

https://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-patterns/baby-sleep-crib-down-time/

Plus given the game coding being objects if a fire happens and then with no firefighters, I've had babies taken away because of fires before. So leaving a baby in a burning house is not better solution by far. I remember with the game being coded for babies as objects, their crib would burn too in a few saves of mine. Also if no adults are home due to work or university and kids are left at home with the fire, well no one can put it out and babies will be taken away too. So Sims 4 is pretty dangerous when it comes to fires especially for the little ones and kids can still burn from lint fires too. No firefighters to save them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Here is how the Sims Freeplay handles the baby interactions for their babies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfHiZW7heM

Here is the Sims Mobile quest for babies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXCMteAEvY

Why the Sims 4 has less baby things than the mobile counterparts I'll never understand. Isn't desktop version supposed to have more not less?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

Ok I see your point there. It is a little irritating to have to put the baby down between every action. Maybe if they fixed it to somewhere between completely freeing the babies and having them just be objects would help. Like only being able to set the baby down in or on certain objects maybe? Like a play mat, changing table, stroller, etc. I guess it wouldn't bother me too much if they were able to walk around with the baby and not put it in the crib after every action, but not be able to place them anywhere but in the crib or one of the designated(usable) objects when done, would be a good compromise.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2020
    I find it interesting if a person says they don't care about if the babies are attached to their bassinets someone will come and tell them how wrong it is. They are stating just how they feel and yet some of you want them to understand how you feel by wanting babies to be carried, etc. Why should they care about what you want when you decide to give lectures to those that don't really care about the babies. From my experience, in order for people to support your decision you have to learn to understand not everyone is going to care about you want. I have learned from playing other games it is easier to get support for what you want when you start understanding and stop lecturing or jumping about how inhumane something may be.

I don't play with babies, not my cup of tea but I can understand how some may want more from their playstyle with babies but there needs to be an option for those that want that and those that don't, which with EA is something they don't like doing, even in SWTOR.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I find it interesting if a person says they don't care about if the babies are attached to their bassinets someone will come and tell them how wrong it is. They are stating just how they feel and yet some of you want them to understand how you feel by wanting babies to be carried, etc. Why should they care about what you want when you decide to give lectures to those that don't really care about the babies. From my experience, in order for people to support your decision you have to learn to understand not everyone is going to care about you want. I have learned from playing other games it is easier to get support for what you want when you start understanding and stop lecturing or jumping about how inhumane something may be.

I don't play with babies, not my cup of tea but I can understand how some may want more from their playstyle with babies but there needs to be an option for those that want that and those that don't, which with EA is something they don't like doing, even in SWTOR.
    Sorry confused by this. You say people don't care what others want, yet lecture people to "get support for what you want"? So which is it? Do I know EA doesn't care what it's customers wants? I thought they didn't, but apparently with the recent Sims Tiny Home live stream they say they do and consider the Sims community like family.

So it ok to be called inhumane just because some Simmers choose to leave their babies on the snow floor for hours? Funny how it works when the shoe is on the other foot with "understanding". At least with the Sims 2 and 3 Simmers have a choice to be inhumane or not. When tied to the crib, only choice I have with no firefighters is for babies to be treated in inhumane manner. Even Sims 1 had firefighters so there was a fail safe for babies unless their parents die. Game play wise there is no compromise for both party. Those that don't want babies to be a life simulation want them to be inhumane objects instead.

Yes leaving kids in cribs causes death. https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/baby-dies-after-being-left-in-crib-for-16-hours-alone/96874/

But begs to question is the Sims 4 really a life simulation game or not to Simmers? Because if it is, then accidents happen from child neglect, it is a fact of life. If you time it takes to feed a baby in the Sims 4, it is once per day which exceeds this 16 hours. But if it isn't then things like supernaturals and leaving kids in the crib for hours can happen because a fantasy world where the laws of life don't happen. But there has to be some compromise between reality and fantasy players because right now both players are sacrificing game play for it. Also couldn't care less about the I'm right your wrong drama. Just sharing some real life situations for the reality players. I was pointing out my own game play what happens with the fire situation makes me feel inhumane and the real life situations. People can take what I say with a grain of salt for all I care.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    Don't like babies one iota in real life, personally couldn't care less that they're "attached" to their beds. Better have them attached than have Sims leaving babies on the floor like they did in TS2 and 3.

Going to ask a small question. What if the baby had crawling and small bed would you change your mind? I kinda been wishing they would do more for babies and add lot of new animations and more objects.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Ok I see your point there. It is a little irritating to have to put the baby down between every action. Maybe if they fixed it to somewhere between completely freeing the babies and having them just be objects would help. Like only being able to set the baby down in or on certain objects maybe? Like a play mat, changing table, stroller, etc. I guess it wouldn't bother me too much if they were able to walk around with the baby and not put it in the crib after every action, but not be able to place them anywhere but in the crib or one of the designated(usable) objects when done, would be a good compromise.
    Yes, exactly. I vaguely remember by the way in the very beginning they said the putting back baby thing was an error, it wasn’t meant to be that way..? That they couldn’t get it right? Maybe they will one day.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I’ve been following this topic but I believe most of us are discussing babies in the game, not other simmers? It’s perfectly ok if people don’t mind about babies in general or the tied to bassinet phenomenon, but it’s not really the subject. If someone starts a topic about sims not stepping into cars or burrito babies (back in the day), I could honestly declare I don’t care about either problems. Great for me, it doesn’t bother me in Sims 3, but not very relevant when others who are bothered by that want to discuss it in a topic started by someone who does care. So yeah, they will continue discussing the options to change it because it did (and does) bother them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    i'm pretty indifferent to babies being freed tbh but i think that if object babies are the route they want to go then there needs to be more options, the cribs should be live draggable, babies should have more skintone variety, cribs should come in more styles.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Eh, Might sound horrible, but honestly, I pretend Toddlers are babies still so it's whatever to me... My problem is the content, I wish Toddlers and Children had more stylish content... but... I don't know I think they would have to choose very carefully on what kind of content, if they do.
    even if it is the shortest Life Stage, I play with Aging off, and I sort of age sims up by the Seasons and by where I am in Story line.

Anyway, Maybe it's just personal preference, but when I'm choosing furniture and decorating a Nursery or a child's bedroom I start panning away from what is a "Nursery" or a "Child's Room" would look like, and go right for how they would design it if they were a Young Adult/Teenager. like it comes to the Point where I rather just give the toddler/child a Full Bed or Queen/King. Instead of what was designed for them. Because The children's content isn't good enough...

I do forget babies are there tho, probably why I Just skip the Infant stage and go straight to Toddler.

They are the equivalent of a football. My sims always have that scolding look on their face when they look upon their newborn... debating whether or not to kick or throw their baby across the lot.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    IF some don't care about babies being objects, which can be put in inventory for goodness sake, then why bother entering a thread requesting the baby be made into a real Sim, and just by pass a thread that is requesting changes to babies? Why bother, if you aren't concerned or want it changed then by entering a thread to say you don't mind it sort of sounds like you would mind if they fixed it and therefore, those who want it changed may see you as advocating it shouldn't be changed. Just let them have their thread. We already know there are people who don't care, but why state it in a thread for those who do care? Food for thought, unless you rather they not get the playstyle they want.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    IF some don't care about babies being objects, which can be put in inventory for goodness sake, then why bother entering a thread requesting the baby be made into a real Sim, and just by pass a thread that is requesting changes to babies? Why bother, if you aren't concerned or want it changed then by entering a thread to say you don't mind it sort of sounds like you would mind if they fixed it and therefore, those who want it changed may see you as advocating it shouldn't be changed. Just let them have their thread. We already know there are people who don't care, but why state it in a thread for those who do care? Food for thought, unless you rather they not get the playstyle they want.

thank you btw, im not sure why im seeming to get such backlash about this. to me i wanna play more realistic, and being a parent in my life is so important to me id like to enjoy it even more in my game. the small things i enjoy i cant do. but others are able to say what they want but bc others dont like babies we cant say anything or we are horrible people. doesnt add up. people can hate babies and can skip them. I dont care how others play i just want to enjoy how i personally play my own game. so thanks
  • Options
    SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    but i typically play cute and with hardly any cheats. i cant even play the 100 baby challenge bc the thought of how many partners to make kids just feels morally wrong to me. lol so to each their own. but hey glad i have witches now i can enjoy my sabbats and my new found immortality while reading the grandkids books about the occult. =) just need some drums so they can play next to the firepit... and not just drum seating (that was a tease lol)