Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SP16 Tiny Living Stuff : Are you enthusiast ?

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    For what it's worth, Stuff Packs aren't exactly meant to be game-changers.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Yes
    Hi,

Are you enthusiast about SP16 Tiny Living Stuff ?

My answer is largely based on the fact that I will definitely make use of the murphy bed & the bookcase/TV/stereo combo a lot unlike say, a bowling alley. I also really love this particular style of build and buy which is somewhat mid century modern inspired.

Not going to lie though, I wish they included more space saving furniture or combo items, or at least given us more styles of murphy beds since I doubt we'll see them in future lacks so we're stuck with 2.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes
    Ooh, a fairly even split so far...

I will buy it as I love the look of the items and I am quite impressed with the Murphy bed itself compared to the Sims 2 version. It looks a lot of fun. Yes, they could have included some other tiny living items such as ladders maybe, but it is only a stuff pack so I wouldn't expect a huge amount.

I do wish, though, that they would do away with CAS items for packs like this and add in more build/buy stuff. Clothing in a tiny living pack doesn't make sense to me. That's just my own personal preference though.
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    No
    I like a lot of space....huge rooms in my game.
  • CapelyaCapelya Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I think they quite brilliantly took a style of home people seem to like to build anyway, and gave us even more assets to make it work. Which I appreciate. I am excited for the fact that it seems like a challenge to meet certain size requirements. I feel like it would be fun to combine this with island living and go for an off the grid tiny home.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    The new sleek male hair that @SimGuruNinja has on his twitter profile looks great. I think the hairs look very good in this pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    It wouldn't have been my choice, but I don't hate it either. I do prefer small houses and I am interested to see more of what the pack has to offer.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Yes
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    If they wanted to give us reduced footprint, they really should have included things like wall ovens, countertop stoves, the trash compactor, adding the cupcake options to ovens, a fully functional mini fridge, smaller telescope and microscope, ladders, an actual modular sofa system. Gives us a 1 tile sofa that snaps together! Why can’t it have corner pieces etc like kitchen counters too!

Yes! All of those things. Such a missed opportunity here for sure. But a lot of the packs have been like that. After they come out, people on the forums talk about all the things that could have been included to make it complete that weren't. Their developers should regularly be having focus groups or something.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    No
    I could not think of a lazier way to produce a "brand-new-idea".

• February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    No
    I like BIG homes, but could be swayed if I like the look of the other bits and bobs included with it.
    I guess small lots could useful as coffee shops or quaint bars - they don't have to be residential.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No
    Sad but nothing about TS4 excits me since the disappointment of IL.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    No
    No, but that's me for like the last 7 packs or so.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Yes
    Zoey95 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of building tiny and smaller homes. I often gut an apartment and allow my starter sim to live in a small portion of the space. I take away most of their money too, because I'm mean like that LOL I like that it's a new lot trait with perks! Yes, I can build a tiny home already, but if I fill it with treasures or finer furnishings, my bills go up. I'm happy about the murphy beds (with optional death) and the one tile items I saw in the trailer. However, I do think bunkbeds are way overdue as are ladders.

Other space saving items I'd love to see in the future: sleeping bags, Japanese futons, functional loft beds that I can place usable items (like a kitchen) under, one tile wood burning stove (functions as a heat source and can cook items like stew, off the grid), one tile closets, functional drawers and book cases that fit under stairs. Oh and the ability to sleep (not just nap) on a couch. Give me all the tiny and vintage/retro items. I'm greedy like that :)

Love your ideas :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    February11 wrote: »
    I like BIG homes, but could be swayed if I like the look of the other bits and bobs included with it.
    I guess small lots could useful as coffee shops or quaint bars - they don't have to be residential.

Wait until you hear about TS4 HUGE Living SP

The gameplay object is a king sized bed for sims (4 tiles wide). Includes new bed animations like woohoo, making out while lounging in the bed, jumping on the bed and sleeping in weird positions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    No
    I feel people have picked up on the fact it’s just a Murphy bed pack, which is a little disappointing considering the title? I instantly had expectations, that were also instantly tarnished lol But very akin to stuff packs I guess? And the knit clothing? Well I guess they aren’t spending much on developing the knit pack? The more I think about it, the more this pack gives me MFP vibes.. that feeling of being ripped off lol

What I dislike the most however, is the gurus getting snappy back with players? One of them recently complained about everyone always asking for bunk beds, saying “you guys don’t understand how hard it is to make them”...? I’m sorry, but it’s literally your job as developers to make this stuff, and is it that difficult it takes 5 years to figure out? Or does EA need to hire new developers? This “oh it’s too hard” excuse is used wayy too much and quite frankly is unacceptable from a AAA game! Just sayin..
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I feel people have picked up on the fact it’s just a Murphy bed pack, which is a little disappointing considering the title? I instantly had expectations, that were also instantly tarnished lol But very akin to stuff packs I guess? And the knit clothing? Well I guess they aren’t spending much on developing the knit pack? The more I think about it, the more this pack gives me MFP vibes.. that feeling of being ripped off lol

What I dislike the most however, is the gurus getting snappy back with players? One of them recently complained about everyone always asking for bunk beds, saying “you guys don’t understand how hard it is to make them”...? I’m sorry, but it’s literally your job as developers to make this stuff, and is it that difficult it takes 5 years to figure out? Or does EA need to hire new developers? This “oh it’s too hard” excuse is used wayy too much and quite frankly is unacceptable from a AAA game! Just sayin..

They have ALWAYS been like that when it came to TS4, they have had this snappy and rude attitude.

I will never forget when I say that a Guru said "the forums are all trash." LIKE....RUDE!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Sorta. I think the Build Mode items of this pack will work well with dorms (I already have Discover University) and apartments. City Living is the only main EP I currently do not have, so I may build it with a bundle sometime soon. It would also work well with cabins in"Outdoor Retreat", the main "Content Pack" I"m wanting the most right now, so I think I've got a bundle built with items I want. I'll wait until the time comes when "Tiny Living" is out, and there's a sale going on.

As for clothing, there is lots and lots of it that I don't use that come with certain packs, so I'll have to see. Honestly, I've found Seasons and Discover University seem to be the two packs whose clothing I use the most.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Yes
    Yep, i'm into it.
    There's lots of new objects in a style I love and I will be using those combination items in every house.
    The CAS items are super cute. (and there's new glasses, yay!)
    Plus a bonus for making small houses when I already make 'em? Wonderful. :)
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Hi,

Are you enthusiast about SP16 Tiny Living Stuff ?

I am an enthusiast of tiny living! The theme is fantastic. It's the implementation that bites.

I could have foregone all of that extraneous stuff -- furniture and whatever assortment of clothing that they've added this time. EA could have added a bunk bed with that Murphy bed and, as far as I'm concerned, they could have called it a day.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    No
    Hype to it will buy it because duh it’s the sims lol but I’m not climbing the short walls for it.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    No
    New objects and clothes will be nice.
  • EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    I just look at the stuff and clothes and feel so blessed that recently all the new content is very much in my taste. I also love the eco angle the franchise takes lately.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    No
    actually you only need bunk bed to make tiny home, I always feel odd about those murphy bed; they are bulky and retro not really my style but overall its not a terrible pack.

The Sims Game
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes
    I do like to build, and building a tiny house sounds like a fun challenge.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I like the style of the furniture and clothing and am happy we are getting new content this soon but I'm also not jumping up and down in anticipation.

^^^ this EXACTLY!