Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zapped while robotting

Is it me or is the zapping a bit excessive?? My sims is level 6 robotics and I am surprised how often he gets zapped. He cannot even craft a mechanism without getting zapped.

Comments

• Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Happens far too often. Try and build the robot arm, supposedly it lowers chances of being zapped.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ahh that is a good idea. Thank you 😊
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    might depend on what one is making too?
    so far I always had the least zappings when building curcuites or mechanisms, could make quite a few without being zapped once, but I always get zapped when building anything else.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    I was getting zapped the most when making mechanisms which I found strange. I figured I would be getting zapped when making a bot more than making a part.

My sim is at level 10 now so I don't deal with zaps as much anymore. I found it pretty funny that one of the bot savants got killed by a zap during our robot building meeting in commons..LOL It seems like this is more dangerous than a house fire and I am ok with that...LOL
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Handiness skill might help with this. I don't think my Sim with level 10 Handiness has been shocked at all while doing Robotics. Handiness level 5 reduces the chance of shock from electrical equipment, that might apply to Robotics as well as Handiness.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Handiness skill might help with this. I don't think my Sim with level 10 Handiness has been shocked at all while doing Robotics. Handiness level 5 reduces the chance of shock from electrical equipment, that might apply to Robotics as well as Handiness.

huh now that is interesting. I didn't think about that.

• Options
    darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    Servos when zapped also don't get dazed but energized.
  • Options

lol cool I didn't know that.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

Those tiny details are gold to me. Love it
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »

It doesn't. Level 10 handiness, my sim got shocked 15 times making a servo.

It's SEVERELY excessive. The robot arm helps a LITTLE. My sim only got shocked 12 times with the arm.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I haven't done much with robotics before, but my current sim joined the bot savants at foxbury. They have +6 in both robotics and handiness, but have yet to accomplish making a single chatter bot (after 4 attempts) because they've gotten shocked every time. Usually while fully focused and at one of the bot savants meetings. It's almost enough to discourage me from ever engaging with the robotics skill again (i mean, it doesn't even have an aspiration attached to it, so there's not much incentive to begin with lol)
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    My big gripe about robotics is just how many mechanisims you have to make for some of the bots and toys. I was trying to make something relatively simple but needed 10 mechanisims for it. I'm almost scared to see what the robot arm or other, more complex items take!
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I thought I was the only one who complained about how often it happened.

Being as someone who, in real life, tinkers with electrical and mechanical stuff a lot, it should be directly tied to skill. If you don't know what you're doing, it should happen a lot (low skill), but if you do know what you're doing, it should be a very rare occurrence.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2021
    For anyone interested, there's a mod by LittleMsSam that lowers the chances.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It's like every "fail" interaction with TS4, it happens way too frequently. Like I get that they don't want the players to just breeze through the gameplay like there's no tomorrow, but there needs to be a balance. Especially when it's being done by sims who are highly skilled in both handiness and robotic skills. :neutral:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults