Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Could We Get More Apartments?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited January 2020
    In a patch
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Karon wrote: »
    We got apartments with Late Night and the Roaring Heights World Pack. I could see they doing that in Sims 4, I think City Living is more themed around living in the city (duh) than living in apartments. Then, they could finally introduce working elevators, buidable apartments, renting houses, etc...

Roaring Heights does not have apartments. The buildings aren't shells like in Late Night, they are rabbitholes.

The non-rabbithole high rise buildings in Roaring Heights are just normal buildings with a massive shell on top of them. Basically the opposite of TS4 penthouses :D

But yeah the actual apartments will remain as a City Living exclusive feature, just like they remained as a Late Night exclusive feature in TS3.

Apartment and NPC roommates are features of TS3 University Life.
    Penthouse and NPC apartments are features of TS3 Late Night.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Apartment
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    We won’t be getting anymore
    Apartment and NPC roommates are features of TS3 University Life.
    Penthouse and NPC apartments are features of TS3 Late Night.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Apartment

City Living's apartments are more similar to Late Night's apartments. They are both inside high-rise shell buildings that you can't build yourself. Your neighbors are scripted to do things like taking out trash, going to work/coming back from work, making noises, etc. to simulate what a real neighbor would do.

University Life meanwhile has a roommate system and that's it. Discover University basically has the same roommate system. The only difference is that Discover University didn't add a dedicated apartment lot type, which is not a big deal as you can easily pretend to have an apartment on a regular residential lot.

Also, calling Late Night's feature as "penthouses" isn't accurate, as many shell buildings have playable floors that are not the top floor. Some shell buildings even have playable basements. They are very different from TS4's penthouses. TS4 penthouses are actually more similar to Roaring Heights' high-rise buildings. TS4 penthouses are basically a regular lot on top of a shell, while Roaring Heights' high-rise buildings are basically a regular lot with a shell on top of it.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    New GP
    I have thought in the past about making a fourplex. Technically it would be all one family, so you would have to use your imagination.
    edited January 2020
    In a patch
    @elelunicy

I agree Apartment is a main feature of EP03 City Living they won't do it again.

Now I think about the Hotel/Motel feature which is a kind of apartment with room service, if it works with any standard lots it could become a new Apartment system even if it's not officially apartments.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I would really like it if they used the rental lot, roommate, owned business, and similar code to build us an actual functional “build your own apartments/hotel/whatever system.

Frankly, EA has been missing the mark by a wide margin on builds. And I don’t just mean the controversial “missing toilets” and “stairs to nowhere”. Whoever was in charge of the pre-made lots seems to have been replaced or gotten rid of, because ALL of the existing housing has been way off the usual standard for a while now.

EA/Maxis has always made some funky choices when it comes to pre-made houses and buildings, but Sims 4 is absolutely the worst offender. And the CL apartments are abysmal. I can work around the shell building, we did that for some stuff in Sims 3 anyway, but the restrictions on reconfiguring the inside is irritating. The “hidden” lots are also infuriating.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Not sure
    I’d like buildable apartment buildings then, if we get more apartments.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    In a patch
    I would love to see new apartments. I thought there would be some in Del Sol Valley, it would have been fitting. Maybe we will get a new free world with normal lots on it and also apartments, but even if it will come with a pack, I would buy it for sure 😊
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    In a patch
    Looking at the recent survey it seems that an update could be possible.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    In a new Sims game that actually lets you build your own apartments?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    In a patch
    > @Simsandra said:
    > I would love to see new apartments. I thought there would be some in Del Sol Valley, it would have been fitting. Maybe we will get a new free world with normal lots on it and also apartments, but even if it will come with a pack, I would buy it for sure 😊

I voted in a patch as well. Similar to Simsandra I would love to see new apartments in a new free world with normal lots. Like others have mention, since apartments was a selling point for City Living it will have to remain exclusive to CL. So, based on the recent survey I would say this could be a possible add-on/fine tuning to City Living. Those who purchase CL can have the new world with the new apartments (hopefully buildable ones) patched in.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    New EP
    I’m hoping that, instead of apartments with shells like City Living, we will get multi-unit lots. That way we can make townhouses trailer parks or mixed use with community buildings on the bottom and residential on the top floor. That kinda thing would require an EP.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    In a patch
    I think they should patch "City Living" to let us actually build rental units in any world. I have a few older builds that I made that would make perfect 3-to-6-unit apartment buildings! Not to mention my palace shell would also make a pretty awesome apartment building too...(or hotel, if they give us that feature...)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    edited January 2020
    In a patch
    Copy a world manually
    logion wrote: »
    Zerbu might have found a way to actually do it.

Update: Appearantly you can do it right now, with sims4studio.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Copy a world manually
    logion wrote: »
    Zerbu might have found a way to actually do it.

Update: Appearantly you can do it right now, with sims4studio.

I think I am going to try it to see how it will turn out. There is no guarantee that this could cause your game to crash though. Imagine having two San Myshuno cities with Nerdcon festivals...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    If we won't get any more apartments, I'd really like them to improve City Living by adding ground floor community lots to those buildings that already have higher floor apartments. It could be a basement thing even, but I'd love to see a chance of adding stores and restaurants. It's a city! We need businesses there, not only festivals and karaoke! The entrance to such ground floor lots could even be a portal teleporting us to a seperated lot, I wouldn't mind as long as we can see the facade & entrance when walking by.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    New EP
    Would love more of them that aren't where the festival's are, maybe older style 1920s town with a boardwalk, like Roaring Heights from 3, maybe they could work some type apartments in something like that
    edited May 2020
    In a patch
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    But yeah the actual apartments will remain as a City Living exclusive feature, just like they remained as a Late Night exclusive feature in TS3.

Finally EP09 Eco Lifestyle brings new apartments. No landlord, no neighbor "effects", no elevator.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited May 2020
    I‘m just commenting because I can‘t remember what Ivoted for.

Edit: Well, I was wrong.

Edit: Apparently it removes your answer when you edit your comment. My vote was that we won‘t get any new apartments anymore if anyone cares.

Yet another edit: The text came back once I reloaded the page.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    New GP
    I voted that they would come in a new GP. Turns out, we’re getting them in the upcoming EP. Either way, I’m just happy for more options. :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m thinking they could be delivered in a GP with a new tiny neighborhood world that included a few new apartments. It sounds reasonable.

Not sure about the theme of the pack, though.

I wish we could build our own apartments. I think you can now split money, but when I have tried to make my own apartments, or duplexes people keep trying to go to someone else’s apartment even when I lock them out.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    In a patch
    In a patch for sure because if there is a new patch, I would see an all-apartment world with vehicles & free babies with strollers.
    New GP
    In a patch for sure because if there is a new patch, I would see an all-apartment world with vehicles & free babies with strollers.

2 new apartment buildings (total of 4 units) are being added in the new Eco Lifestyle pack coming in June.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    It would be nice to have apartments, duplexes, townhouses as a lot option. If only they'd unlock it for us.
    New GP
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    It would be nice to have apartments, duplexes, townhouses as a lot option. If only they'd unlock it for us.

Yes, I’d love to be able to design my own. Idk if that will ever happen though.