Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else likes musical theatre?

Join my chat for musical theatre simmers!!

Comments

• RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    What is your favorite musical?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I really enjoyed a stage production of Beauty and the Beast that was top-notch, years ago. I don't know if it's my favorite, but it was good. The Mikado was one of the first dates I ever had with my spouse, though we weren't official yet, we laughed so much other people were frowning. It was a comedy, so I don't know what their problem was.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I really enjoyed a stage production of Beauty and the Beast that was top-notch, years ago. I don't know if it's my favorite, but it was good. The Mikado was one of the first dates I ever had with my spouse, though we weren't official yet, we laughed so much other people were frowning. It was a comedy, so I don't know what their problem was.

Cool! Beauty and the Beast is such a good one, I saw it live once, too (:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @Rhiannonraven so, what's your favorite, then?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited January 2020
    @Nushnushganay My favorites are Bonnie and Clyde, Tuck Everlasting, and Annie. I also really love Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812, Hadestown, and Annie Get Your Gun, and most other musicals.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love musicals! My absolute favourite is the Phantom of the Opera, but Les Misérables is a close second. I have seen Les Mis three times so far and I am hoping to see POTO for the third time this year. I also really love Miss Saigon and Jekyll & Hyde, although I have never seen them live. I don't enjoy 'happy' musicals as much, although I do enjoy the Disney classics.
    @annaliese39 I love those, especially Phantom. One day I hope to see it live, but so far it hasn't been showing near me.
  • QuintessedlQuintessedl Posts: 6 New Member
    Little Shop of Horrors is one of my faves :) the music, the set design, the props *chef's kiss*... would love some more performing arts/musical theatre content in the Sims
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Musicals! 😃 Yay! My favourites are Cats and Phantom of the Opera. I've seen Phantom of the Opera in London on a school trip and have also seen a production of Chicago on Broadway on another school trip. Both were amazing.
    I've also seen a couple of smaller scale musical comedy shows which were very well done as well. One was an imagining of what would happen if the musical, Cats, was mixed with the film Reservoir Dogs (they called it, not surprisingly, Reservoir Cats). The result was very foul-mouthed and hilarious. Huge compliments to the four women who performed it.
    If I could see any others, I would love to see Monty Python's Spamalot and Wicked.

@Quintessedl yes would be great to have theatre performances in the Sims. I'd love to see some of mine sing in a musical.
    Little Shop of Horrors is one of my faves :) the music, the set design, the props *chef's kiss*... would love some more performing arts/musical theatre content in the Sims

YES!!! I want more musical theatre things in the sims! Also, I did a production of Little Shop once and it was pretty fun - it's a good show.
    Musicals! 😃 Yay! My favourites are Cats and Phantom of the Opera. I've seen Phantom of the Opera in London on a school trip and have also seen a production of Chicago on Broadway on another school trip. Both were amazing.
    I've also seen a couple of smaller scale musical comedy shows which were very well done as well. One was an imagining of what would happen if the musical, Cats, was mixed with the film Reservoir Dogs (they called it, not surprisingly, Reservoir Cats). The result was very foul-mouthed and hilarious. Huge compliments to the four women who performed it.
    If I could see any others, I would love to see Monty Python's Spamalot and Wicked.

@Quintessedl yes would be great to have theatre performances in the Sims. I'd love to see some of mine sing in a musical.

So cool that you've seen a Broadway show!! I don't live near NY, but one day I hope to travel there. Spamalot was the first musical I ever saw which I think is kind of funny since it's not really a kid's show!
    @Rhiannonraven Wow! I have a CD of Spamalot and love the songs but have never seen it live. I love the Monty Python And The Holy Grail film though, so was very happy when I found out there was a musical based on it.
    Very cool that you've actually been in a musical too. What was your role?
    @Rhiannonraven Wow! I have a CD of Spamalot and love the songs but have never seen it live. I love the Monty Python And The Holy Grail film though, so was very happy when I found out there was a musical based on it.
    Very cool that you've actually been in a musical too. What was your role?

I've actually been in a few musicals (I am part of a youth theatre group). I've been in Heathers (as Martha), in Newsies (chorus), A Very Potter Musical (Ginny), and Little Shop of Horrors (one of the Ronnettes, they split the parts of Chrystal, Ronnette, and Chiffon into seven to make extra roles). I was almost in Firebringer as Shwoopsie, but then this whole pandemic hit...

I've never done any theatre professionally but I hope to one day!
    edited November 2020
    There's a Harry Potter musical? 😃

Yes really hoping theatres and cinemas will make a comeback after all this stuff is over.

@Rhiannonraven That sounds amazing! I hope you do get to perform professionally in future.
    I have never been a performer but helped paint scenery at a few school productions (many years ago) and also once belonged to a youth script writing group (ah, fun times). Theatre has always looked like an industry that's really rewarding to work in.

Yes really hoping theatres and cinemas will make a comeback after all this stuff is over.

@Rhiannonraven That sounds amazing! I hope you do get to perform professionally in future.
    I have never been a performer but helped paint scenery at a few school productions (many years ago) and also once belonged to a youth script writing group (ah, fun times). Theatre has always looked like an industry that's really rewarding to work in.

Yeah the whole industry seems pretty cool. I also love script writing!

A Very Potter Musical is a slapstick comedy about harry potter, it's posted by the theatre company who created it (Starkid) on Youtube so you can watch it pretty easily. There are also A Very Potter Sequel and A Very Potter Senior Year.

A Very Potter Musical is a slapstick comedy about harry potter, it's posted by the theatre company who created it (Starkid) on Youtube so you can watch it pretty easily. There are also A Very Potter Sequel and A Very Potter Senior Year.

That sounds even better. I'll have to look them up! :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    For me it's Phantom of the Opera. It was the only one that actually kept my attention.

That sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out myself.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• kkanne31kkanne31 Posts: 66 Member
    So I am in no way musically talented and I can't act to save my life but I love musicals. This may be nerdy but the Newsies was/is my favorite haha. I also loved Rent and Jesus Christ Superstar. Hoping to see more in the next couple years on stage once everything calms down!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love it! I love live theatre in general. In fact I would say I love it more than movies, it’s a completely different experience. I have loved it since we went to a community theatre production when I was in about the second grade. My favorite musical production is hands down The Sound Of Music, and my favorite theatre production is A Midsummer’s Night Dream. With theaters closed I have subscribed to Broadway HD on Amazon Prime. It’s not the same, but it will have to do.
  • jonathan_1998jonathan_1998 Posts: 57 Member
    My favorite would be Finding Neverland since my high school performed this on a charity night and I was a part of its choir :)
    My favorite would be Finding Neverland since my high school performed this on a charity night and I was a part of its choir :)

Cool! I've never seen Finding Neverland. I actually had tickets for it this spring, but then we were all in quarantine and the show was cancelled...
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Oh my god, I am literally missing theatre so much I am having withdrawal symptoms lol. When I go to the theatre it is almost exclusively a musical. They just uplift me, and the whole experience is just...you can't beat it really.

Wicked and Mamma Mia are my top two.
  • elinnnstarelinnnstar Posts: 36 Member
    Same I love it!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I've never seen Phantom of the Opera but have read the book. Enjoyed the few times I went to local theater productions but they were mostly plays not musicals. Open to the idea though. Wishing outdoor theater were more of a thing. You would think it would be, like outdoor dining, as an adaptive response to covid. Besides, open-air theater is just more fun, somehow. It doesn't take itself
    so seriously.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    I have been really into musical theatre today; after a while, I love musicals like Beetlejuice and mama mia, but I love finding out about weird musicals no one knows about or are finished like I just found out about toy story the musical. There's so many like x-factor the music and Susan Boyle the musical I find musicals that have stopped very interesting.