Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving houses - probably not but no harm asking

In TS2 you can take any lot, even currently lived in, and move it to anywhere on the map. Any cheat(s) to enabe that in 4? Have aready tried via the game and found nothing.

Thanx in advance!

Comments

• keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    You can save the lot in question to the gallery, then on the new lot, say "place from gallery" and select your lot. You can place lots that are the 'wrong' size into smaller or larger lots, but it will cut off any area that is excess. It will let you select which areas are "excess". Then, you could go back and delete the old lot.

There's not a move from A to B (Like a Cut and Paste) that I know of.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, I found out the same thing. Bummer, but at least there's a workaround. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Thanks, both of you! Thought of that this morning, but have been out pretty much all day. Do the sims stay in the house when it goes to the gallery? Guessing not, but still want to be safe and not mess things up.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    @Oldeseadogge, I've saved lots I've built for my sims to "my library" many times while being occupied & only the lot was saved (house, landscaping, etc) never the sims living there.
    Thank you! Now all I need to is remember which game save is involved...
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Do the sims stay in the house when it goes to the gallery? Guessing not, but still want to be safe and not mess things up.

No, they don't. I'd move them to a new household (out of world is fine). Then move them into the new copy of the home. Any custom stuff like paintings they made or photos, etc, probably best to put that in their personal inventory first before deleting the original lot.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Good idea! I'm bad for forgetting details like that...