Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any past packs you would be happy if they recreated almost exactly for newer games?

This can be a discussion around either future packs for The Sims 4 or packs you'd like to see recreated whenever The Sims 5 might come out. I decided to start this discussion after watching a video about the spells from The Sims Makin' Magic and MY GOD were they awesome! Looking into it more I remembered you had to earn magic coins as well as simoleons in order to be able to live in the magic world which I think is a fantastic touch also. Ultimately for me, obviously this would have to be a Sims 5 thing, I would be very happy if a magic pack was essentially Makin' Magic recreated and I haven't even remembered every element of it yet.

So I wanted to put the question out there, are there any packs from the past that you think have been done so well that you would like to see them recreated almost exactly?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love to see a Hotdate Gamepack release for TS4.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Freetime from the Sims 2. I love everything about that pack.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Generations, for sure
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member

Yes! Mrs Crumplebottom while annoying always made me laugh.
    Freetime from the Sims 2. I love everything about that pack.

This would be amazing. I was literally just thinking about having that recreated would be the perfect balance to the magic of Makin' Magic in relation to realism. The hobby system gave extra depth to each sim and the lifetime aspiration bar gives even more meaning to events in their life. It seems like The Sims 4 won't be giving us this as it'll be one stuff pack at a time instead which is unfortunate.
    yupp wrote: »
    Generations, for sure

I have never played Generations but I always hear such great things about it. Would you mind listing some of the things you liked about it just for my brain?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Transfered from Sims 3 to Sims 4:
    High-Loft Stuff with the Heartshape Bed
    MasterSuite Stuff with the Romantic Sleepwears
    Generations with Bunkbeds & Teen Graduations
    Supernatuals with Fairies, Genies & Moonlight Falls
    Showtime with Drums
    Pets with Birds & Horses
    70s 80s 90s Stuff
    Into the Future with Time Travel
    Ambitions with Time Machine & Twinbrook
    World Adventures with China, Egypt & France

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    • Makin' Magic: Dragons aside, the magic in that game was so fun and crazy, instead of the boring recycled content we got with RoM.
    • Island Paradise: I know we have Island Living, but IL is a complete downgrade.
    • World Adventures: The vacation worlds, skills and souvenirs made visiting locations so much fun.
    • Free Time: They pretty much perfected the hobby idea with this one. You have predestined hobbies, different levels of interest and skill in said hobbies, being able to follow your hobbies in other ways. (Talking about it with others, subscribing to magazines about your hobby, researching it online.) Perfect.
    • Showtime: A weak pack on its own, but I loved a lot of the ideas it introduced.
    • Sims 3's Pets. Same as IL above, Cats & Dogs don't cut it. I want my horses, unicorns, lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds, and rodents (the ones not available in MFPS.) Plus I want to feed and interact with my pets, which we can't do with frogs and fish in Sims 4. Oh, and I'd love to have wild animals roaming around, especially raccoons. Real raccoons, not those monstrosities in Sims 4. Ohh, and ice cream trucks. And horse racing.
    • Into the Future: It was kind of cool. So sure, why not?
    • Generations

I didn't like Sims 3, but I have massive respect for it.
    Generations, for sure

I have never played Generations but I always hear such great things about it. Would you mind listing some of the things you liked about it just for my brain?
    It's super immersive and tons of nice things. So much, I'm going to make a second bullet-point list in one post.
    • Prom
    • Slumber parties
    • Bachelor(ette) parties
    • Teen house parties
    • Field trips
    • Being able to run a daycare
    • Several types of boarding schools
    • Tree houses
    • The base game garden gnome can start a family and age over time
    • Kids can play dress-up
    • Bunk beds
    • A video camera, which lets you record and view footage
    • Canes for elders
    • Strollers
    • Kids can have dreams or nightmares
    • See-saws
    • A ton of pranks we don't currently have
    • Imaginary friends
    • Body hair
    • Basically most life stages have been fleshed out
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    From any Sims game, the Sims Castaway because it was my favorite side game and nice to be able to craft things without depending on technology. Had the best linear story of any Sims game I've played with since the first one both with the PC and DS versions.

As far as packs from the main series I wouldn't mind

from Sims 1:
    • Makin' Magic
    • Vacation

from Sims 2:
    • Freetime
    • H&M Fashion Stuff

from Sims 3:
    • World Adventures
    • Ambitions
    • Generations
    • Pets
    • Island Paradise
    • Fast Lane Stuff
    • Showtime
    • Into the Future (Dystopian theme only) except being able to travel into the past instead without technology
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Probably almost any Expansion Pack from Sims 2. But I think I enjoyed Night Life and University the most. I'll go with University with the one exception being the age restrictions in the Uni worlds.

I don't think I'll ever love a University pack again the way I loved it in Sims 2. <3
    #Team Occult
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hot Date, Freetime, Bon Voyage, Ambitions & Generations
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sims 2 - Free Time
    Sims 3 - Generations
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Thank you for the explanation Gordy, I really appreciate it. I've since looked up a video about it and I'd say it would definitely be one I'd add to my list also.

At this point I think my list has become:
    Makin Magic (The Sims 1)
    Freetime (The Sims 2)
    Generations (The Sims 3)
    As they say, if it aint broke, don't fix it.
    Gordy wrote: »
    • Makin' Magic: Dragons aside, the magic in that game was so fun and crazy, instead of the boring recycled content we got with RoM.

I want dragons added back in too. I read somewhere that apparently if you use the spell to turn a sim into a toad a dragon can eat them. I don't think I ever knew this when I played it.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever love a University pack again the way I loved it in Sims 2. <3

I have really fond memories of The Sims 2 university also. I think if they kept the core of it really similar but added a few smaller features from other packs. For instance I like the student loans system in The Sims 4 but they needed to have made them more money for them to actually mean anything.

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Freetime. No contest. I miss the hobbies so much.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Freetime. No contest. I miss the hobbies so much.

Yes, I think that's my favourite, ever. But, I did like Generations, too - the dreams and nightmares for kids and teens, and yes, the imaginary friends. There were new interactions for elders, too, as I recall.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Most of the TS1 or TS2 EPs, even the ones whose themes are already covered (even partially) by some packs in this generation. In the case of TS2 Pets, they're mostly missing pet birds, pet careers, and some pet furniture options, which would be better off as an update.

Also, the apartments and retail system in TS4 could never compare to Apartment Life and Open for Business.

TS3 Generations would also be nice. Parenthood is good, but that's just one aspect.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    From the sims 1, I would say Hot Date! I loved that pack and it was the first expansion I ever bought.
    From the sims 2, I would say Free time, Open for Business, Apartment Life, Mansion and Garden, and Teen stuff pack.
    From the sims 3, Hands down Generations! I also liked Ambitions (Firefighter and ghost hunting career were cool) and Island Paradice.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Generations, for sure

Teaching teens how to drive

Proms

Bachelor/Hen Parties
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I suppose Into The Future. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other packs that haven't been covered at least a little bit in The Sims 4 already aside from Into The Future.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    Exactly: Makin' Magic, Superstar, Open For Business, Hot Date.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2020
    They should have made a 1:1 remake of TS3 Island Paradise without the lag.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I loved World Adventures. There was a fun storyline and the worlds were so beautiful; the light and music in Egypt was amazing!!! And I'd wish my sims could go to France!
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    Generations for sure. We desperately need life milestones back in the game. Also, I think it would be great to flesh out each lifestage.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2020
    Generations. Imo that's the only pack the game REALLY needs atm. We are YEARS into this and family play is still lacking severely.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Makin' Magic and Freetime, definitely