Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Pack suggestions

After spending a gazillion on The Sims throughout the first 3 versions, I've resisted TS4. I tried the trial and wasn't impressed, but I don't know if it's because of just being the base with no bells and whistles, or if I seriously won't like it. (I was completely frustrated with not being about to move around in the world.)

Origin has a sale and I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to list like 4-5 packs ranked in the order that you'd recommend them. Maybe with a pack or two, I won't dislike it so much. Or maybe I should just leave well enough alone? :)

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Well, don’t force yourself. That’s step one. But sure, I’ll list some of my personal favorite packs.

Seasons - for the calendar and temperature changes

Discover University - for University degrees

Get Famous - for celebrity feature

StrangerVille - for new world

Parenthood - for new character values

City Living - for apartments

Laundry Day - for Laundry feature

Fitness - for Build/Buy items

Spa Day - for Wellness skill
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    My personal belief with games is that you should like the base game on its own before spending more money. Meaning a game should not need DLC or mods to be fun (this goes for any games, not just sims). If you don't like the base game then I really would not suggest getting packs.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,660 Member
    edited January 2020
    Could you elaborate on what you didn't find impressive when you tried the trial? Was it the mechanics of the game, was it the few things your sims could do, etc?

Also, what kinda features or gameplay things do you like when playing? For example, do you like modern objects, do you like realism, do you like supernatural stuff?

That way maybe we can tell you if the game is for you or not and also which packs might suit your needs.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If you don't like the BG, I doubt you'll enjoy the packs because tbh, many of them fall flat due to the lackluster BG.

That said, I'd recommend Seasons, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and Toddler Stuff for my top 5.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    My personal belief with games is that you should like the base game on its own before spending more money. Meaning a game should not need DLC or mods to be fun (this goes for any games, not just sims). If you don't like the base game then I really would not suggest getting packs.

This is true. I think that what you'd be best off doing is buying the Base Game, playing around with that and seeing what it's like, then at the next sale if you enjoyed the game buy one or two items. My personal favorite packs though?
    1. My very favorite pack has to be Realm of Magic. It's got a gorgeous asthetic, I love the CAS, and I play with occults more often than not as well so the Spellcasters are good for me. The Magic Realm is breathtaking as well, but the gameplay is outstanding. BB is nice as well, but I'm not a builder so I tend to overlook this aspect.
    2. Next is Vampires. While the gameplay is more in-depth than Realm of Magic with this one, I don't like the CAS or BB as much which makes it the closest second I've ever had.
    3. Third is Parenthood (I'm sensing a theme with the Game Packs here...). I'm not a primarily a family player, but in my Not-So-Berry save this pack is everywhere. It just sits nicely with your regular gameplay, like Seasons, and the BB and CAS is very nice as well.
    4. Fourth is Seasons. It sits nicely with your regular gameplay as well, and you can turn it off pretty much entirely if it starts to bug you, while still using the CAS and BB, some of the best we've ever gotten.
    5. Fifth for me is Get Together, mostly for Windenburg, but I use the Club system quite a bit too. The CAS isn't too shabby, haven't even looked at the BB for it yet.

Runners up are Strangerville, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Get to Work, and Cats and Dogs (in that order).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would agree that you should enjoy the base game first. It's rather interesting that certain game packs can change it up a lot though.

Seasons (EP) - changing up the seasons can enhance the gameplay if for the change of scenery alone. Other notable features are of course Calendar, Weather and Holidays.

Cats and Dogs (EP)- honestly I know some Simmers are hot and cold on this one but for me having these lovable creatures helps make a house a home for my Sims. Other notable features are Vet Clinics.

Parenthood (GP)- Affecting every aspect of a Sim's life this pack is definitely a game changer for me. Sims are much more involved in their families because of this pack. Lots of group activities and I really like the CAS too.

Dine Out (GP)- I know for a long time this pack seemed broken. I haven't done anything with the owning of restaurants side of things but for me the dining out portion has worked very well. I love the BB and CAS that come with this pack.

Kids Room Stuff (SP)- I honestly wanted to say Laundry Day or Movie Hangout Stuff but as much as I love those I want more things for kids to do. I love the CAS and BB that come with this pack. It helps flesh out family play for me.
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member

I sorta agree but my experience with the first 3 sims games is there's some resistance to change and every new one seems like being disloyal to the last. That said....

First and foremost is going back to TS2 type neighborhoods. The first thing I loved about TS3 was being able to walk about without changing screens so it's probably a bigger issue to me than anything else.

The graphics are both awesome and ugh.

I can't stand the way the simmies stomp when they walk.

It's been a while since I did the trial but it seems like there were "tasks" and they were a bit annoying.

Now, because the trial was so short, I didn't get to experience much of the game, meaning not much in the way of interactions and certainly my sim stayed broke. :) Origin was running a promotion last month for a month of Access for $.99 but they are failing to honor it, even though I've been in MANY conversations with them over the past 3 weeks about it. With that month, I would have been able to play around a bit more than 2 short days. Yeah, I could spend $5 instead of $1 but it's sort of the principle of the thing plus the price of that month is pretty much the price of the TS4 BG. And, because I remember that some of those TS3 EPs did improve the game, I thought that might be the case here. I do appreciate the feedback - everyone likes these games for different reasons which is interesting - but you guys helped me to understand what your favorite EPs do and why they might improve the game. I might just have to get the BG and see if more time improves my impression. Sure wish EA had honored their promotion so that I could have done this on their dime.

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    edited January 2020
    Can't second what DeKay said more. TS4 might just not be for you if you didn't like the base game, but knowing what stuff you're interested in could help us give insight. If running around and exploring is your thing, TS4 will not be your friend.

That said. I personally like building and family-focused play. I also like supernatural stuff occasionally. So my recommendations are:
    1. Get Together - I feel like this pack added gameplay that felt so essential; it should've been in the base game.
    2. Vampires - The vampires are awesome, and the Build/Buy objects are the absolute best -especially if you want historical themes. (Victorian, Cathedrals, etc.)
    3. Parenthood -Makes families act like families. Good residential Buy objects.
    4. Dine Out -Actually gives your sims somewhere to go. Like out on dates and stuff. Also has some great Build objects.
    5. Seasons -Best atmosphere for screenshots. And great, calming rain soundtrack. Good Build/Buy selection.

• Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I can suggest
    - City Living I just love the apartments and festivals
    - Parenthood because of the added gameplay. It really improves family gameplay
    - Seasons
    - Island Living but not because of the mermaids. I like the new carreer and the BB items
    - movie hangout stuff

In the newer worlds like Sulani (Island Living) the world is quite open. You still need to load intl lots tho, but you can swim in all the water without loading I guess and if you avoid lots you can walk pretty far.

I don't feel like the sims are stomping, but you can change their walk style in CAS.

They sonetimes have tasks to do, if you have a party for example, but you can turn it off.

One if the cool things for me is the sims multitasking, I really missed it, when I went back to Sims 2 or 3 and the improved graphics, but I have to say that I have never been a huge fan of sims 3. I only had like 4 Addons and went back to sims 2 ever so often and played it until sims 4. The loading screens can be annoying, but unless you play with a ton of CC and mods, the loading should be really quick. For me its just a few seconds.

I would suggest to play it a bit longer, but in fact, bg is boring to me too. After basegamr release I just played a few days and I tried it again years later with the city living expansion. I am addicted since then xD
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    columbia93 wrote: »

I sorta agree but my experience with the first 3 sims games is there's some resistance to change and every new one seems like being disloyal to the last. That said....

First and foremost is going back to TS2 type neighborhoods. The first thing I loved about TS3 was being able to walk about without changing screens so it's probably a bigger issue to me than anything else.

It's been a while since I did the trial but it seems like there were "tasks" and they were a bit annoying.

Now, because the trial was so short, I didn't get to experience much of the game, meaning not much in the way of interactions and certainly my sim stayed broke. :) Origin was running a promotion last month for a month of Access for $.99 but they are failing to honor it, even though I've been in MANY conversations with them over the past 3 weeks about it. With that month, I would have been able to play around a bit more than 2 short days. Yeah, I could spend $5 instead of $1 but it's sort of the principle of the thing plus the price of that month is pretty much the price of the TS4 BG. And, because I remember that some of those TS3 EPs did improve the game, I thought that might be the case here. I do appreciate the feedback - everyone likes these games for different reasons which is interesting - but you guys helped me to understand what your favorite EPs do and why they might improve the game. I might just have to get the BG and see if more time improves my impression. Sure wish EA had honored their promotion so that I could have done this on their dime.

For the neighborhoods, there's not much you can change about that. But the cool thing is that your sim can just travel to other worlds too (and also move house) which I don't think TS3 can do that.

The tasks for the jobs: some of them are necessary and some are not. For example, getting your sim to the ideal mood is not necessary for promotion. Daily tasks are also not necessary as well. Home from work assignment are obviously necessary, and also promotion tasks are important to get promoted.

I highly suggest you get the BG first cuz I would not want you to waste more money on the packs and not really know what you sign up for! You could also watch Let's Plays on Youtube (make sure they are the recent ones as this game has gone thru a lot of patches and changes).

For me, personally, I really like:
    City Living (I like the city world that came with it and how it introduce different cultures, coming from someone who lives in Singapore and sees many cultures),
    Seasons (It adds seasons and more life to the worlds, as in not every world in the game will see snow, or rain, etc and I think it is quite worth the money),
    Cool Kitchen (I like the stuff that comes with it cuz we don't have enough clutter and modern kitchen counters in this game!!) and,
    Spa Day (not so much of the game play but the build and buy stuff are so cool and modern).

If you are someone who loves a lot of game play addons, I would suggest you get Vampires or Realm of Magic.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    [quote="columbia93;c-17356586"][quote="Krueger;c-17356489"]My personal belief with games is that you should like the base game on its own before spending more money. Meaning a game should not need DLC or mods to be fun (this goes for any games, not just sims). If you don't like the base game then I really would not suggest getting packs.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well the bad news is those are things that won't change with more packs. The good news is that's a pretty short list. I would suggest getting the BG and playing it for a few days. If you still feel meh about it then you can stop spending money on it and move on. If you like it, they have sales really frequently and you can pick up some packs the next time around.
  • Options
    I went ahead and bought the BG and nothing else. Spent an hour with my saved game from the trial and ended up wasting most of the time trying to find "buy" items. I don't like the "rooms" and would rather just have items. Accidentally somehow ended up in the Kitchen tab while trying to figure out how to get a stereo - couldn't find it at all when I went looking for an aquarium - and had to go through the rooms to find out where the stereos are. I'm guessing there aren't simple tabs like in TS3 for things like Electronics, Hobbies, etc.

Then my task bar, which I keep on the left, appeared in-game even though I'm fullscreen, my Simmie got stuck in the shower and I couldn't cancel the task, and I had to quit the game without saving. I went back in, loaded the saved game and it crashed when I selected play for that game. Now I can't get in at all because it's greyed out in Origin.

So, long story short, it seems as though Origin/EA is determined NOT to sell their games because this doesn't bode well for my future in TS4. I've had so many problems with Origin over the past 1 1/2 months, especially the last 3 weeks, I probably shouldn't have even bothered. I do appreciate all of the responses because it actually does help. If Origin/EA get their nonsense together and if I can ever play again and do decide I'd like to go further, thanks to you guys I've got a place to start!
  • Options
    columbia93 wrote: »
    I went ahead and bought the BG and nothing else. Spent an hour with my saved game from the trial and ended up wasting most of the time trying to find "buy" items. I don't like the "rooms" and would rather just have items. Accidentally somehow ended up in the Kitchen tab while trying to figure out how to get a stereo - couldn't find it at all when I went looking for an aquarium - and had to go through the rooms to find out where the stereos are. I'm guessing there aren't simple tabs like in TS3 for things like Electronics, Hobbies, etc.

Then my task bar, which I keep on the left, appeared in-game even though I'm fullscreen, my Simmie got stuck in the shower and I couldn't cancel the task, and I had to quit the game without saving. I went back in, loaded the saved game and it crashed when I selected play for that game. Now I can't get in at all because it's greyed out in Origin.

So, long story short, it seems as though Origin/EA is determined NOT to sell their games because this doesn't bode well for my future in TS4. I've had so many problems with Origin over the past 1 1/2 months, especially the last 3 weeks, I probably shouldn't have even bothered. I do appreciate all of the responses because it actually does help. If Origin/EA get their nonsense together and if I can ever play again and do decide I'd like to go further, thanks to you guys I've got a place to start!

Actually, there is an option where it has the items list just like the other games.
    17053831725_b0b4cedd0c.jpg
    It's the chair icon there on the left.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    You can also use the search bar there above the tab tho sometimes it's not that great but it gets some work done.

About the cancelling task thing, yeah, the game is buggy and I heard a lot of people have that big now. This is why I don't bother with the game much anymore cuz it has so many glitches, it takes away the fun. And the stuttering lag while I rotate the camera around very quickly bugs me too. The game is so badly optimized even on good laptops, especially when you play on busy worlds/neighborhoods... sigh.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    lylalyralylalyra Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone else really want a Mountain Pack?

Like, with Skiing, Snowboarding, Tricks, Lodges, Maybe even Avalanches?, A New Mountainous World, Gondolas, Cabins with a Bar and Snacks at the top of the mountain, ski patrol and all that? Maybe some added game play? I feel like that would be AMAZING!
  • Options
    lylalyralylalyra Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh, also, I feel like it could be kind of fun to have an "Extreme Weather" Pack...although that would be wayyyyyy lower on my list. But you know, Hurricanes, Tornados, Extreme Blizzards, Tidal waves on the island, droughts, floods...actually the more I think about it, the more I think that might be a little Too Real.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    I felt the same way when testing TS4 back in 2014. It felt totally like a waste, compared to my addiction with TS2 and TS3. The sims simply did not talk to me, and the design choice screamed glowing plastic fantastic in a not so good childish way. It did not help that the first play through vids focused more on childish silliness than how the simmer could actually develop a neighborhood or family line etc. Then - when we got Seasons it all changed! I also think they loosened a bit up on their plastic color scheme, or maybe I had started getting CC with some brighter colors that was not just pink. These days I'm probably more into TS4 than I ever could hope for, and I find it works well with my desire to create regional history, politics, organizations and not-really-in-this-game-jobs.

Favorite packs:

Seasons - because it brings lovely variety to each world and hood, + gardening overhaul + calendar and holidays which means so much to time management and understanding. There is finally a progress set by the game, and not just my imagination.

Get together - Love the unique Windenburg world + the club system is very versatile + it's never wrong having a few night clubs.

City Living - Love the apartments + the multi cultural atmosphere + the festivals + singing skill. The city is well made, always something going on outside your apartment. The world misses community lots or a shopping quarter though.

Cats and Dogs - not so much for the pets (love the strays but keeping a dog or cat can be taking quite much away from other game aspects) but Brindleton Bay is beautiful and varied.

Get Famouse - I think it brought a lot to the game - even if I don't play the super famous stars that much - fame system is well designed - can be used for other purposes than superstars (I use it for my Council members + Noble families.

Dine Out GP - used to be a fave - had a lot of fun designing and running various restaurants and cafes, but not sure if this feature is buggy or not these days.

Outdoor Retreat & Jungle Adventure GP - It's fun going to both these worlds, it really feels like getting away. With some other packs you can add more to do on vacation - like Spa or Karaoke. Love the herbalism skill + Archealogist features. Perfect for Collectors.

I like most of the other packs, as well, but you asked for a top list :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I felt the same way when testing TS4 back in 2014. It felt totally like a waste, compared to my addiction with TS2 and TS3. The sims simply did not talk to me, and the design choice screamed glowing plastic fantastic in a not so good childish way. It did not help that the first play through vids focused more on childish silliness than how the simmer could actually develop a neighborhood or family line etc. Then - when we got Seasons it all changed! I also think they loosened a bit up on their plastic color scheme, or maybe I had started getting CC with some brighter colors that was not just pink. These days I'm probably more into TS4 than I ever could hope for, and I find it works well with my desire to create regional history, politics, organizations and not-really-in-this-game-jobs.

Yeah, that's me. I keep wondering if my Sim is dressed warmly enough! and I miss my little pets. I've only played a little bit and there's a few more things that bug me than before. I might have to see what mods there are to at least tweak it a bit. I can't stand that the Sims glow when you hover over them. Silly I know. I do like that there seems to be a lot of Sims stomping, tip-toeing, swaggering (and all other sorts of distracting and stupid walks) around so my Sim can meet people in a very limited neighborhood. It freaks me out when they suddenly jump into bed. I'm disappointed when they disappear for work. It also seems that the motives are very slow to increase. And is it just me or does the game seem quiet? TS3 always has noise going on. All the sound is maxed but it seems even ambient sound is minimal.

And I eventually figured out the catalog, although why doesn't the icon up top say Buy/Build! The controls were very similar between TS2 and TS3 so it really bugs me that this is SO different. I do like that the walls up/down cycle because danged if I don't get into Buy/Build, want to see the walls fully up, click the option and end up "Live" again!

I hate the buginess - is that a word? The tub/shower combo is behaving very badly in my game. My Sim can take a bath and eventually/slowly get clean but the shower function appears to be broken. Not only doesn't my Sim get clean, the hygiene level drops. Because of that, they never get clean and won't get out until I get rid of it. The problem I had with the task bar and then the shower, etc., broke Origin. I couldn't get into TS4 without it crashing. Turns out, I couldn't get into TS3 without crashing after that either. I had to do a hard uninstall/reinstall of Origin in order to get it all working again.

I do remember there being some roughness in transitioning from TS2 to TS3 (the former being more fun for building) but the games were similar enough that it didn't take long to get up to speed. I'm going to have to remember to approach this game as being a very different beast!

EDIT: Just remembered - the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 walk. I HATE THAT! :)

EDIT: No CAS. That right there might be the biggest deal breaker!
    Post edited by columbia93 on
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @columbia93 Oh yikes! Sorry you ran into one of the two big, bad bugs going on right now right off the bat. Forgot to warn you about those. Yeah, so shower/tub combo items are broken and will get your sim stuck in the tub with their hygiene depleting. Shower-only items and tubs works fine I believe.

The second big bug is auto-fast forwarding. This'll happen if you have a maid on your lot, so I'd avoid hiring a maid right now. The game usually auto-speeds up when your sim, if they are your only sim, disappears off to work, but this bug will speed up your game when you are actively trying to control your sim on the lot. It is the most annoying bug in my opinion. So, yeah, avoid maids for now! xD

Though, neither of those break your entire Origin that I know of. I'm glad you got it working again!

As DeKay stated, the Buy items can be organized by category: Lighting, comfort, etc. I think aquariums were under the activities tab somewhere, possibly in recreation, though I can't remember if the base game had a proper aquarium? It might just have a fish bowl.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    It takes some time to get to know Sims4 even if you played Sims2 and 3. I purchased the BG then ignored it for sixteen months after playing it for four hours. I was unimpressed with everything about it except the art style. But over time, and the addition of various packs and many mods, it has become something I can play and enjoy. I don't know your gaming preference as in are you a rotational player who plays mostly familes, or do you play single households or just one Sim per save. This iteration is focused on the YA lifestage, social media, partying and fame if you haven't noticed. But the toddlers and pets were done well and sometimes they are more entertaining to play than the adult Sims.

If you prefer to play families, the best packs are Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood and the stuff packs that add to family activities such as the Backyard, Toddler and Kids stuff packs. If you perfer playing single Sims then City Living, Get Together, and Get Famous might be more in line with your gaming style. I can't comment on Vampires, Realm of Magic or Discover University because I have not purchased those packs.

If you don't mind using mods, I suggest you take a look at the section for discussing mods here in the forum. It has a lot of info on various mods that will help erase some of the bugs and annoyances you might encounter. MC Command Center for Sims4 is what Twallen's mods were for Sims3. Very helpful and easy to work with. The UI Cheats Extension is another favorite that comes in handy for raising motives such as the hygiene that isn't working with certain showers and tubs right now. For some unknown reason we are having a problem with rapid motive decay since the last two patches, so this mod will keep all of that nonsense under control with one little click on whichever motive needs some help without having all motives filled at the same time. MCCC has a 'make happy' cheat that does this, but it takes away from some of the challenge of keeping a Sim alive so I prefer the UI Cheats.

Sims4 is different from past iterations. Of course, all four Sims iterations have their good and bad points. But through the use of carefully selected mods, I have been able to tweak Sims4 into something that is more in line with what I enjoyed about Sims2. My Sims3 game is heavily modded so using mods in Sims4 isn't scary to me. But watch out for the patches and updates. Play offline until the modders have updated the mods you use, or pull your mods folder then play in vanilla mode. But just have fun exploring Sims4. It isn't a terrible game. The worlds are beautiful. The Sims themselves are the prettiest Sims we have ever had. The toddlers and pets are adorable. And there is a lot to do.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    The packs really don't change to much so if your not having fun with just the base game I don't see much hope. With that said these would be the few packs that truly add new game play expanding the game overall.

1. Get Together: adds a club feature that gives you the ability to set a group of Sims to do activities on any lot sadly its needed with how limited Sims 4 community lots are where you're limited to just a nightclub or a restaurant cant have a restaurant with a nightclub that actually works same goes with any combo without using the club system to get them to do what you need.

2. Parenthood: adds a new value system which helps shape your Sims personality well as much as it can for Sims 4 (they hate adding new animations)

3 Seasons: obviously as usual one of the big game changers

4: Get Famous: the fame system is well done allows you to turn off fame for certain Sims so your entire world is not celebs

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Well, I did find something I like with the game - babies! Actually, the pregnancy, too. Much more realistic in TS4. I've got the age set on normal for now and it sure does seem like time really flies compared to TS3. Baby was a toddler in no time and, while I'm glad they can back down stairs, was a little sad that you couldn't teach them to walk. The toddler beds are fantastic, too.

Paigeisin5 - thanks for the tip on the mods. My TS3 is also heavily modded so my only level of fear is in working with a game I don't really know yet....but that's not a big deal with established mods. Will give a look at your suggestions.

I was a bit disappointed to find out that, even though there are many houses in the world screen, you can only play a small set of them at a time.

I'm also not crazy at all about the controls being all over the place. Every single corner does something and I much prefer the previous methods of having a control panel for everything. I also mostly don't like that the cheat window doesn't automatically close. Annoying.

Sale ends tomorrow and I've taken all of your suggestions to heart - great ones, too. I loved when TS2 & TS3 finally got pets, so that's high on the list. Season, as well. University sounds great but probably a "B" list for now. I don't care that much for the Vampires in TS3 but one of my favorite packs ins TS2 was the last one with the festivals and magic so.....

Y'all have been so great - thanks. Now on to the tough decision!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    @columbia93 Good luck on your choices. :)

My biggest peeve is the buying/building stuff interface in the bottom left hand corner. It's annoying to try and see everything available or find stuff to build or buy unless you know exactly what to look for. I'm starting to get used to it, but still it's all over the place.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    My top 5 would be...

1. Get Famous - I just feel like it adds SO much to the game if you're in to the whole fame thing, of course. It's really in depth and adds so many new features. The acting career (even though a bit repetitive) is golden.
    2. Cats & Dogs - This one has a lot of new features like running your own vet clinic which I think is great. The pets are a great add to the game but maybe it's missing a few points... Idk.
    3. Strangerville - Idk if this is an unpopular opinion but in my opinion this is SO much fun. It's something brand new that we've never seen before in the game. However, you'll play through it once and then you know it lol.
    4. Discover University - The best university pack ever released in my honest opinion. It's got it all.
    5. Realm of Magic - boo, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I just love magic.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    1- Get Together
    2- Discover University
    3- Cats and Dogs
    4- Parenthood
    5-Vampires
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My favorite packs:

Seasons - there are a lot of great stuff in this pack, like a calendar where you can create your own custom holidays with specific traditions and the ability to make it an optional day off school/work. But what makes this one of my favs is the weather in itself. The forever sunshine of the game without this pack is really sad to me...
    City Living - because of the apartments. All the feel of this pack is a city feel and i like to have that option.
    Cats and Dogs - just because pets make life seems more like ... life :)
    Island Living - i love this pack! i love to have sims live in the island or just go to the beach for a weekend off. I love the beach activities and the world is amazingly beautiful. It also introduces the possibility of having 2 jobs, part times for adults, odd jobs, a conservationist carrer... so much!
    Parenthood - it adds a new parenting system that gives a great deph to the game, with new traits to young adults, as long as they reach the also new character values while being raised. It also adds a lot of activities for the family. I couldn't play without this pack.
    Spa Day - i love the wellness skill. I love that my sims can meditate, practice yoga, have or give a massage, go to a sauna. Sims can enjoy this activities at home or at a spa.
    Dine Out - Never tried owning a restaurant, but love to go with a date/friends/family/alone to all kinds of restaurants: gourmet, experimental, fast food, and everything that you can imagine, it's all customizable.
    Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures - having vacations is great. Hoping for a winter vacation tho.